Marathon Florist Reviews

113 Reviews for Marathon Florist

113 Marathon Florist Reviews

Anny · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing creation by Marathon Florist

AMAZING is the only way to describe our experience with Dori from Marathon Florist. Dori took our vision and created a beautiful display of flower arrangements. Her professionalism and excellent customer service are impressive. We highly recommend Marathon Florist for any occasion. Thank you Dori for your artistic creativity!

• courtney

courtney · Married on 08/25/2018

I can't begin to express how absolutely amazing Dori and Marathon Florist is!!! Being from Connecticut, with a groom who had spent 10 years summering in the Hamptons, I had envisoned a Hampton's chic, New England wedding with blue hydrangea flowers....set in the dead of summer at Hawks Cay, Duck Key on August 25. Some would say impossible, and yet Dori made it happen. She made sure to tell me very clearly that the original Boutonnière's I had envisioned would NOT work (hydrangeas + heat - water = disaster) ....but she gave me such a more fabulous option that it didn't matter. When she delivered the bouquets to the room I was calm and so thrilled with them- they were gorgeous and the embodiment of everything we had talked about. My hairpiece was perfect, and she brought extra flowers for the flower girls and mother of the brides hair-with tons to spare. And then she showed me my fur-baby's Vineyard Vine's bow tie---adorned with the same flowers as the groom's Boutonnière. I lost it. My friends and family smiled knowingly as I bawled knowing that Dori understood what was the MOST IMPORTANT factor of the wedding- my baby. She was available all the time-responded within minutes via text, and is all around the most talented florist I've ever known. Do not hesitate to go with Dori- she will make your dreams come true.

Marathon Florist 7
    Marathon Florist 8
    Marathon Florist 9

Katy · Married on 05/05/2018

I will forever be thankful for what Dori did at my wedding. Our budget after the hurricane did not end up allowing us to have flowers and my family ended up pulling some together. When Dori found out that my budget wasn’t allowing it she immediately responded with “I will bring your bouquet to you as my gift, no bride will go without a bouquet”. It was the most beautiful and special thing someone has ever done for me . She even dropped it off herself and made time to meet me. I highly recommend Marathon Florist!

Marathon Florist 10

Kaely · Married on 05/05/2018

Dori was AMAZING! Her flowers and décor matched perfectly with what I had in mind, even better!!! Everyone at my wedding commented on her centerpieces and on our bouquets. She was very accessible and easy to get ahold of. It took a few tries back and forth before we settled on what I wanted, but she made my dreams a reality. She and her assistant did an amazing job the day of the wedding putting everything together and bringing our bouquets right to our room. I cannot recommend her enough!

Kelsey · Married on 05/05/2018

Dori started as a Vendor and now feels like a friend...the flowers she created for my husband and my Costa Rican themed wedding were a dream. The first time I cried on my Wedding Day was when sweet Dori walked into my Getting Ready Room and revealed to my bouquet. I felt so understood! Luke and I really wanted anything but the norm. After working with and being guided by Dori to fine-tune our vision as well as work within our budget, I told her to just fly with what her gut said, because I trusted her completely. Working in the wedding industry for nearly 10 years and working endless amounts of weddings myself, this was a HUGE deal for me! But gosh, I am SO glad I let her fly! She took it to the next level, and truly created the perfect bohemian Costa Rican dream we always wanted. Her respect and adoration for the beauty in every plant, flower, etc. our planet has to offer is inspiring and remarkable. All of our guests are still buzzing about her work! Alongside her incredible talent, her honest opinions and guidance throughout the process were priceless. She has such a calm, trusting presence which is invaluable during an engagement and wedding day. I will forever feel indebted to Dori...Dori, thank you for understanding our hearts and transporting us to our cherished Costa Rican rainforests-no passport required! We adore you and are endlessly grateful we found you! XOXO, Kelsey & Luke Pfleiderer

Marathon Florist 11

Deanna · Married on 05/03/2018

Dori is a goddess!!! Not only were the flowers everything I asked for and then some but she was absolutely amazing to work with. She was so accommodating and so responsive and I couldn't be more grateful for her help and her work during a very stressful time. If you're getting married in the keys there is no better option, 100% highly recommended!

Marathon Florist 12

Shaiene · Married on 04/05/2018

I am so so happy we chose Marathon Florist to be part of our special day! Choosing a florist, or any vendor, when planning a destination wedding could be quite scary. I came across Marathons Florist and instantly fell in love with her work! She was very speedy with her replys! She was kind, patient, and so easy to speak to! She is an artist. Dori truly brought all my ideas to life! The morning of the wedding she made sure to stop by my room to say hello and personally drop off the personals. She also called me after setting up to wish me well! Thank you Dori! You are the best!

Marathon Florist 13
    Marathon Florist 14

Meghan · Married on 03/24/2018

OMG! Words cannot begin to describe my admiration for this wonderful lady. She listened to exactly what we wanted and absolutely delivered!!! Very friendly and passionate about flowers. She is beyond talented. You’re missing out if you don’t book her for your wedding.

Marathon Florist 15
    Marathon Florist 16
    Marathon Florist 17
    Marathon Florist 18

Kelley · Married on 03/18/2018

Dori was amazing to work with especially for my destination wedding. I didn't meet Dori until the day of my wedding. Everything that I had discussed with her over the phone was perfectly executed. Dori even helped out with a last minute request on the day of the wedding. Professional and easy to work with!

Megan · Married on 02/24/2018

Working with Dori and Marathon Florist was an absolute pleasure! I came to her with a pretty limited budget and she was able to make magic happen. She used roses, eucalyptus and a few other absolutely stunning florals to decorate 9 round tables, 4 cocktail tables, 1 bridal bouquet and the wedding arch. The colors were beautiful (I kept a neutral wedding palate) and the scent was DIVINE! I opted for an "organic" and undone approach to my flowers and she knew exactly what to do. Thank you Dori for all of your wonderful work!

Trisha · Married on 02/24/2018

Dori was a great florist to work with! I sent her inspiration pictures and gave her my budget, and she made something beautiful out of it! We talked by phone a couple times and she was very sweet and really wanted to understand what I was picturing. The bouquet was so much better than I imagined it could be! Dori also worked out how to do a garland for the reception tables using the same flowers (and a bunch of small plantains!) Overall, I was very happy with the quality, value and ease of working with Dori and would highly recommend Marathon Florist.

• Theresa

Theresa · Married on 02/20/2018

Exceptional Service! 5* All Round!

We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary with a Vow Renewal on the beach at Marathon Key, having chosen Marathon Florist from our home in the UK... and we were so glad we did! Such beautiful arrangements! They were astonishingly gorgeous, and my daughters and I felt totally honoured to carry them! They were equally beautiful on the cake, on the arch, in our hair and on the groom and best man, and we were delighted! Dori interpreted our colour theme so well and they really were a work of art - if we lived over there, we would be knocking on their door all the time!! We recommend them without a doubt! Thank you!

Marathon Florist 19
    Marathon Florist 26
    Marathon Florist 27
    Marathon Florist 28

Stephanie · Married on 02/08/2018

Dori, words cannot describe how amazing you made my wedding day. You worked with my budget and made everything look so elegant. You captured every single detail. It was beyond what I could have dreamed and hoped for. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of your hard work. If I could give you ten stars I would.

Marathon Florist 29
  • User7909064 · Recently married

Dori is SO wonderful to work with. I planned a destination wedding in Marathon and after seeing her reviews i decided to give her a shot. Well, I am so glad I did. I never met with Dori just emailed her photos of my inspiration board off of Pinterest. She gave me a very reasonable price and was very easy to work with. She also was flexible with payments and due dates which is very important when paying for a wedding on your own. Fast forward to the day of the wedding, she was so sweet. The floral arrangements were stunning!!! She did everything I had envisioned! Would absolutely use her again.

Marathon Florist 30
    Marathon Florist 31
    Marathon Florist 32
    Marathon Florist 33

taylor · Married on 12/16/2017

Dori is the best! The flowers and centerpiece she created for my wedding were beyond perfect. I didn't really know exactly what I wanted for my bouquet, but Dori translated my wedding style and color palette into the most gorgeous bouquets for me and my bridesmaids. I was so in love my bouquet. We got so many compliments from wedding guests and even other vendors on how amazing the flowers were. She even customized the centerpieces for me to match my "ocean blues" color palette. It was perfect. Dori was super easy to work with, so very kind and was also easy to reach throughout the whole wedding planning process (even through Hurricane Irma). Pricing is also super reasonable for the amazing product you will get. I would highly recommend Marathon Florist for your wedding!

Marathon Florist 34

Melanie · Married on 12/10/2017

Dori was Awsome to work with! She has great communication and she made our dream wedding flowers come to reality. We even got some decor from her. She always texted me or emailed me back, even if it was super late at night! Dori and her team really did a great job with the flower arrangement! The arrangement and bouquets came out beautiful. Dori is great with detail and the colors in the arrangements matched our colors perfectly. I would highly recommmend using Dori for your florwers. Thank you for all your hard work and effort you put into making our wedding the best day.

Mr and Mrs. pokorny

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Marathon Florist 35
    Marathon Florist 36
    Marathon Florist 37

Marathon Florist's reply:

Melanie and Nick....No.. thank you!!!! I’m going to miss our late night conversations!!! Had a blast designing your flowers! All the best to you both..❤️

Kacey · Married on 12/02/2017

Dori is a gifted artist, a true professional, and a pleasure to work with. I am in awe of how perfectly she turned my vision into reality. Florals were a big part of my wedding day and I am so thankful that I chose Dori as my florist!!!

Marathon Florist 38
    Marathon Florist 39

Patti · Married on 11/04/2017

Marathon Florist flowers were stunning! Dori completed our daughters vision with the flowers of her dreams. You will not go wrong using Marathon Florist!

Marathon Florist 40
    Marathon Florist 41
    Marathon Florist 42

Deanna · Married on 05/27/2017

Do it, do it, do it!!! I had to order flowers via email and was very nervous. My flowers were amazing! My bouquet took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes! Dori exceeded my expectations a million times! Pricing was beyond amazing. My day was beautiful! Thank you Marathon Florist!@!!

Erika · Married on 04/20/2017

When it comes to wedding planning everyone gets nervous and stressed. Marathon Florist goes out of their way to ensure you are all set, and they make your dreams come true! I gave just some inspiration to Dori and she made everything so beautiful! Whether you know exactly what you want or just need help this is the perfect place! Flowers are great price, great condition and show up on time! Thank you for making my day beautiful!

Crystal · Married on 04/08/2017

Dori was amazing to work with! I was born and raised in Marathon and when I decided I wanted to come back and get married in Key West, the one thing I knew was I was going to ask Dori to do my wedding flowers. Everything was exactly how I envisioned it and that's saying a lot since I gave her three pictures and three words 'green, white, and like it was just picked'. You'll be a happy couple using Dori and her team for flowers!

Abigail · Married on 03/29/2017

Dori was so easy to work with even from a thousand miles away! We had a destination wedding so we weren't able to meet in person or see sample arrangements, but that didn't matter. Dori was very responsive, full of ideas, and went above and beyond to deliver exactly (actually even better!) what I had in mind. She offered lanterns and driftwood for no extra cost, which was so awesome, and came through when I called last minute asking for a few more than expected. On the day of she arrived on time and set up everything perfectly. I was getting compliments on my flowers all night. If you want a florist who is professional, friendly, will go above an beyond, and absolutely great at what they do than trust me, book Marathon Florist!

Joan · Married on 03/11/2017

All I can say is WOW! Dori and her team did such an amazing job and within our budget. She worked closely with our wedding planner and created one of the most magical set ups I have ever seen. The scene looked like it was from a Hollywood set. Our guests are still talking about it.
    Thank you for helping to create the PERFECT destination wedding !

Samantha · Married on 02/22/2017

I felt very lost initially thinking about my flowers, and actually put off contacting anyone for this reason. I had an idea of what I liked but wasn't sure how to communicate it. I mean, a major color in the wedding was grey. How do you accommodate grey with the flowers?? But Dori completely nailed it, better than I even expected. Even the groom, who was very skeptical of the style I asked for and came out at the 11th hour wanting something completely different (too late hun! lol), was so pleased with the way everything came out. Honestly it was perfect.
    But besides that, she was just awesome to work with. I was out of the country for the months leading up to my wedding, which made talking to vendors difficult at times (as I could not call anyone on the phone). Dori set aside some time to do a video call with me to go over everything and make sure we were on the same page. The flowers were the thing I was the most unsure about, and they became the easiest part of the wedding. And she has cool dogs! Really you can't go wrong.