Marathon Florist Reviews

Marathon Florist 6
Marathon Florist 7

Tricia D'Annunzio · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Florist

Dori and her Team were amazing! They were very helpful and responsive. The prices were great and the florals were so beautiful! I gave little direction and everything turned out better than I imagined!

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Marathon Florist 14
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/03/2019

Destination Wedding in Marathon

Dori is truly amazing to work with and just the sweetest person! She was so helpful through the planning process and so easy to get in contact with if I had any questions at all. She brought my vision to life! I would recommend her to anyone - she is incredibly talented at what she does! Everything was so beautiful, we cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Marathon Florist 15
    Marathon Florist 16

Mackenzie · Married on 04/13/2019

Simply amazing

Dori is the best! She took my vision and made it so much more than I ever knew I wanted!!! She is quick to respond at any time of the day and was such a huge help to me. My bouquets were breathtaking.

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Marathon Florist 17
  • Michele

Michele King · Married on 03/23/2019

Fabulous flowers and a caring florist

This was a destination wedding for my daughter. My husband and I met Dori on a weekend trip to finalize details. She listened closely and cared as much about our daughter's day as we did. She made lovely suggestions that were all well within our budget and true to our daughter's vision. Communications once we returned home were handled professionally and timely. Her father and I didn't worry about anything once final selections were made.

I highly recommend Dori and Marathon Florist. Everything was picture perfect and more beautiful than we could have imagined. Thank you Dori!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Marathon Florist 18
    Marathon Florist 19

Denise Purvis · Married on 03/18/2019

Amazing Talent

Our daughter selected Dori with Marathon Florist for her wedding and she is an Amazing Talent! Everything was what our daughter envisioned and more......We would highly recommend Marathon Florist!
    Denise P.

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Gilmore · Married on 03/17/2019

Beautiful flowers with the best customer service!

Dori @Marathon was so nice from my initial inquiry to our phone conversations and emails. My bouquet was beautiful. Honestly the nicest bouquet I’ve ever seen (not just saying that bc it was mine lol). Her prices were fantastic. AND she put the flowers on our cake as well. If you are in the Keys, you gotta go with Marathon Florist. She’s the best.

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Marathon Florist 20
    Marathon Florist 21
    Marathon Florist 22
    Marathon Florist 23

Tara · Married on 03/16/2019

Blown away by beauty!

All I have to say is - MY GOD were our flowers incredible! We wanted a very natural environmentally friendly wedding without a ton of cut flowers. We really wanted our bouquets to be the shinning stars with huge pops of color. My husband and I were engaged in Africa and a very special flower bloomed wild on the mountainside where he proposed. Despite this flower being an African native, Dori and her team had a vendor here in the United States and she was able to incorporate this significant flower into the most incredible, gorgeous arrangements you've ever seen. Dori is a highly talented, friendly and professional florist. You'll want to choose Marathon Florist for your Keys wedding!

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Kaylee

Kaylee Grech · Married on 03/09/2019

Best in the Keys

I was planning a wedding from Chicago in Marathon and Dori was amazing to work with. She executed my vision of a perfect beach wedding with great attention detail. There is simply no one better to work with for planning weddings than Dori at Marathon Florist!

Sent on 03/18/2019
    Marathon Florist 24
    Marathon Florist 25
    Marathon Florist 26

Elyse Hudson · Married on 03/08/2019

Beautiful flowers and a great eye!

I am so happy I was able to link up with Dori on a last minute ceremony that I was having. I sent her some inspiration photos and she took it from there! While I couldn't get the exact flower I wanted (not in season), Dori was able to create a bouquet just as beautiful! Fragrant too! She was quick to respond to my questions (all over email since I live in Chicago) and was happy to listen to my thoughts. I couldn't be happier with what Dori provided and our ceremony/reception were all the more prettier thanks to her.

Sent on 03/13/2019

Michele · Married on 11/10/2018

Postcard Inn 11/10/18

We recently had our wedding at the Postcard Inn in Islamorada, Florida. Being that this was a destination wedding, we were not familiar with the local vendors. While researching, I came across Dori at Marathon Florist. After speaking with her on the phone and through email, I knew that I was in good hands. I could never say enough about how happy I was with my experience. Dori was so helpful, professional, and easy to work with. She really made my vision come to life. My bridal flowers, centerpieces, and ceremony arch really was beyond anything that I had expected!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Anny · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing creation by Marathon Florist

AMAZING is the only way to describe our experience with Dori from Marathon Florist. Dori took our vision and created a beautiful display of flower arrangements. Her professionalism and excellent customer service are impressive. We highly recommend Marathon Florist for any occasion. Thank you Dori for your artistic creativity!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • courtney

courtney · Married on 08/25/2018

I can't begin to express how absolutely amazing Dori and Marathon Florist is!!! Being from Connecticut, with a groom who had spent 10 years summering in the Hamptons, I had envisoned a Hampton's chic, New England wedding with blue hydrangea flowers....set in the dead of summer at Hawks Cay, Duck Key on August 25. Some would say impossible, and yet Dori made it happen. She made sure to tell me very clearly that the original Boutonnière's I had envisioned would NOT work (hydrangeas + heat - water = disaster) ....but she gave me such a more fabulous option that it didn't matter. When she delivered the bouquets to the room I was calm and so thrilled with them- they were gorgeous and the embodiment of everything we had talked about. My hairpiece was perfect, and she brought extra flowers for the flower girls and mother of the brides hair-with tons to spare. And then she showed me my fur-baby's Vineyard Vine's bow tie---adorned with the same flowers as the groom's Boutonnière. I lost it. My friends and family smiled knowingly as I bawled knowing that Dori understood what was the MOST IMPORTANT factor of the wedding- my baby. She was available all the time-responded within minutes via text, and is all around the most talented florist I've ever known. Do not hesitate to go with Dori- she will make your dreams come true.

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Marathon Florist 27
    Marathon Florist 28
    Marathon Florist 29

Katy · Married on 05/05/2018

I will forever be thankful for what Dori did at my wedding. Our budget after the hurricane did not end up allowing us to have flowers and my family ended up pulling some together. When Dori found out that my budget wasn’t allowing it she immediately responded with “I will bring your bouquet to you as my gift, no bride will go without a bouquet”. It was the most beautiful and special thing someone has ever done for me . She even dropped it off herself and made time to meet me. I highly recommend Marathon Florist!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    Marathon Florist 30

Kaely · Married on 05/05/2018

Dori was AMAZING! Her flowers and décor matched perfectly with what I had in mind, even better!!! Everyone at my wedding commented on her centerpieces and on our bouquets. She was very accessible and easy to get ahold of. It took a few tries back and forth before we settled on what I wanted, but she made my dreams a reality. She and her assistant did an amazing job the day of the wedding putting everything together and bringing our bouquets right to our room. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/05/2018

Dori started as a Vendor and now feels like a friend...the flowers she created for my husband and my Costa Rican themed wedding were a dream. The first time I cried on my Wedding Day was when sweet Dori walked into my Getting Ready Room and revealed to my bouquet. I felt so understood! Luke and I really wanted anything but the norm. After working with and being guided by Dori to fine-tune our vision as well as work within our budget, I told her to just fly with what her gut said, because I trusted her completely. Working in the wedding industry for nearly 10 years and working endless amounts of weddings myself, this was a HUGE deal for me! But gosh, I am SO glad I let her fly! She took it to the next level, and truly created the perfect bohemian Costa Rican dream we always wanted. Her respect and adoration for the beauty in every plant, flower, etc. our planet has to offer is inspiring and remarkable. All of our guests are still buzzing about her work! Alongside her incredible talent, her honest opinions and guidance throughout the process were priceless. She has such a calm, trusting presence which is invaluable during an engagement and wedding day. I will forever feel indebted to Dori...Dori, thank you for understanding our hearts and transporting us to our cherished Costa Rican rainforests-no passport required! We adore you and are endlessly grateful we found you! XOXO, Kelsey & Luke Pfleiderer

Sent on 05/27/2018
    Marathon Florist 31

Deanna · Married on 05/03/2018

Dori is a goddess!!! Not only were the flowers everything I asked for and then some but she was absolutely amazing to work with. She was so accommodating and so responsive and I couldn't be more grateful for her help and her work during a very stressful time. If you're getting married in the keys there is no better option, 100% highly recommended!

Sent on 05/27/2018
    Marathon Florist 32

Chelsea · Married on 04/28/2018

Beautiful Work - Must Hire

Dori's work was gorgeous and she was so easy to work with. Her expertise brought my wedding to life and I am forever grateful for every detail. She knocked it out of the park! I highly recommend using Marathon Florist if you are getting married in the Keys.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Shaiene · Married on 04/05/2018

I am so so happy we chose Marathon Florist to be part of our special day! Choosing a florist, or any vendor, when planning a destination wedding could be quite scary. I came across Marathons Florist and instantly fell in love with her work! She was very speedy with her replys! She was kind, patient, and so easy to speak to! She is an artist. Dori truly brought all my ideas to life! The morning of the wedding she made sure to stop by my room to say hello and personally drop off the personals. She also called me after setting up to wish me well! Thank you Dori! You are the best!

Sent on 04/13/2018
    Marathon Florist 33
    Marathon Florist 34

Meghan · Married on 03/24/2018

OMG! Words cannot begin to describe my admiration for this wonderful lady. She listened to exactly what we wanted and absolutely delivered!!! Very friendly and passionate about flowers. She is beyond talented. You’re missing out if you don’t book her for your wedding.

Sent on 04/01/2018
    Marathon Florist 35
    Marathon Florist 36
    Marathon Florist 37
    Marathon Florist 38

Kelley · Married on 03/18/2018

Dori was amazing to work with especially for my destination wedding. I didn't meet Dori until the day of my wedding. Everything that I had discussed with her over the phone was perfectly executed. Dori even helped out with a last minute request on the day of the wedding. Professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Megan · Married on 02/24/2018

Working with Dori and Marathon Florist was an absolute pleasure! I came to her with a pretty limited budget and she was able to make magic happen. She used roses, eucalyptus and a few other absolutely stunning florals to decorate 9 round tables, 4 cocktail tables, 1 bridal bouquet and the wedding arch. The colors were beautiful (I kept a neutral wedding palate) and the scent was DIVINE! I opted for an "organic" and undone approach to my flowers and she knew exactly what to do. Thank you Dori for all of your wonderful work!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Trisha · Married on 02/24/2018

Dori was a great florist to work with! I sent her inspiration pictures and gave her my budget, and she made something beautiful out of it! We talked by phone a couple times and she was very sweet and really wanted to understand what I was picturing. The bouquet was so much better than I imagined it could be! Dori also worked out how to do a garland for the reception tables using the same flowers (and a bunch of small plantains!) Overall, I was very happy with the quality, value and ease of working with Dori and would highly recommend Marathon Florist.

Sent on 03/05/2018
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 02/20/2018

Exceptional Service! 5* All Round!

We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary with a Vow Renewal on the beach at Marathon Key, having chosen Marathon Florist from our home in the UK... and we were so glad we did! Such beautiful arrangements! They were astonishingly gorgeous, and my daughters and I felt totally honoured to carry them! They were equally beautiful on the cake, on the arch, in our hair and on the groom and best man, and we were delighted! Dori interpreted our colour theme so well and they really were a work of art - if we lived over there, we would be knocking on their door all the time!! We recommend them without a doubt! Thank you!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Marathon Florist 46
    Marathon Florist 47
    Marathon Florist 48

Stephanie · Married on 02/08/2018

Dori, words cannot describe how amazing you made my wedding day. You worked with my budget and made everything look so elegant. You captured every single detail. It was beyond what I could have dreamed and hoped for. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of your hard work. If I could give you ten stars I would.

Sent on 02/15/2018