Marathon Florist Reviews

158 | Marathon, FL

158 Reviews for Marathon Florist

Bethany · Getting married on 06/01/2022

Amazing!!!

Dori listened to what I wanted and exceeded my expectations! My wedding looked like it was straight from a magazine. I can't say Thank You enough for making my dream wedding a reality!!!

Sent on 04/29/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/04/2020

Amazing Experience start to finish!

Dori came highly recommended by locals in the area and now I know why! She is truly talented as well as personable and responsive. I had to put my planning trip to the Keys on hold during the pandemic and never got to see flowers or arrangements in person and had to trust photos and descriptions for my big day. Everything worked out better than I could have ever imagined and the flowers came out perfect! Dori was even able to incorporate my mom's almost 50-year old lace from her wedding dress into my bouquet.

Sent on 07/13/2020
  • Nina

Nina Visaggio · Married on 06/27/2020

Nina & Logan Wedding Key West

When i spoke to Dori she asked me what my vision was for my daughters wedding and I sent her photos and colors and she captured every detail and design. I would highly recommend Marathon Florist for your upcoming events.

Sent on 07/05/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle Bly · Married on 06/23/2020

Marathon Florist is a MUST for florals and decor

Marathon florist is who you want for your wedding big or small. Dori is truly incredible as her talent and creations are breathtaking. She took away so much stress from planning designs for my wedding. I'm so fortunate to have been able to work with her as she is the best and gets booked very fast. The flower quality is phenomenal and you can tell Dori truly prides herself in creating beautiful work.

Not only does she do florals, but she has table decor, beautiful arches, vases, candles, you name it. If Dori has your date open take it and run! I'm so thankful for how beautiful things turned out.

She is very friendly, professional, and timely on emails. Her experience and passion are rare to find. Gorgeous photos on her Instagram account!!

Sent on 07/05/2020

Jen Paulk · Married on 06/20/2020

Married in Marathon

Dori at Marathon Florist was just lovely. Our flowers were beautiful and helped make our wedding exactly what we wanted.
    Jen and Tim

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Garner · Married on 06/18/2020

Fantastic florist!

Dori was very quick to respond and super easy to work with! The floral arrangements she made were nearly identical to what I had sent her, and they were absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend Marathon Florist, as I was very impressed with their work! Thank you so much! :)

Sent on 06/30/2020
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 04/18/2020

The best service!

Due to the pandemic, our long awaited and planned wedding was cancelled. Not wanting to wait any longer, my now-husband and I decided to plan a micro wedding in the Keys instead! Everything came together in about 1 week, including the beautiful flowers provided by Marathon Florist. Dori came recommended by our cake vendor, and I can now see why! Since everything was SO last minute, understandably the flower selection was somewhat limited. But Dori worked with me and gave suggestions for an arrangement for my bouquet and a couple of centerpieces which I really loved. She delivered the bridal bouquet personally to my hotel room and the other arrangements to the dinner table at the hotel's restaurant. She even decorated our mini wedding cake with some blooms as well. I was stunned to see that she included some gorgeous white orchids in my bouquet even though we originally discussed how its too last minute and too pricey to get them. Such an awesome surprise! To top it all off, Dori's service was super reasonable in price. Thank you so much, Dori , for making our spontaneous nuptials feel that much more festive!

Sent on 06/12/2020

Carolyn · Married on 03/07/2020

By Far, The Best with a Personal Touch

In planning for my wedding, I did a crazy amount of research on all vendors. I visited KW to meet in-person with vendors, except for Dori at Marathon Florist (an hour drive). I did have a call with Dori before the trip. There are different Keys florists: 1. Wedding/Event Specialists, 2. Everyday Florists, and 3. Hybrids. Dori is most definitely the first. Due to our immediate connection, her extensive experience, positive reviews, owner-to-bride attention only, and passionate personality – my decision was a no brainer and I went with her.

Dori’s warm personality, passion, and spirit is evident each time we spoke – even over text. Dori will and does work around the clock for her brides and is one of the hardest worker’s I know. Her shop is adorable, packed with décor to choose from, and always has an open door for her brides.

Dori’s floral and décor work at our wedding were beyond amazing (will add pics soon). My mom is a designer and she was blown away how impeccable Dori did with the decoration, and that is a lot coming from my mom. Additionally, her prices are reasonable for the market. She is not over priced like some wedding florists.

Little did I know the amount of continuous one-on-one communications and overall fun/excitement we both equally had designing my wedding. We legit became good friends and communicated about things that had nothing to do with the wedding. Eventually, we were completing each other’s sentences.

Make your life easy and hire Marathon Florist. Flowers, décor, and service is out of this world. And, the experience couldn’t have been better!!!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Rubin · Married on 02/22/2020

Dream tropical floral wedding

Dori @ Marathon Florist was excellent to work with leading up to our big day. She took our Pinterest board dreams and turned them into a more elegant & beautiful reality! She was really easy-going, flexible, responsive & helped work thru any last-minute little hiccups with a calm demeanor. Five stars!

Sent on 05/23/2020
  • Mandee

Mandee · Married on 02/20/2020

Flexible, kind and delivers with beautiful work

Dori at Marathon Florist was the 4th florist we contacted. Previously we had some bad experiences with condescending attitudes in regards to our budget, so we were feeling anxious about the florals. Dori completely put us at ease and went above and beyond to work with our budget. We asked for several edits to the centerpieces, which consisted of lanterns, terrariums, votives & bud vases, and Dori’s answer to each was no problem. Her prices are fair and she is flexible. The flowers were GORGEOUS. All of them. The flower crowns for my flower girls were perfect as were all of our handhelds & boutonnières. We got so many compliments on the flowers. Marathon Florist added the perfect elegant touch to our event.

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Amber

Amber Loyd · Married on 02/15/2020

Dori is fantastic!

We hired Dori as the florist for our wedding and she was an absolute pleasure to work with! We had limited time and budget when we contacted her and she was very helpful in accommodating both. She made fantastic recommendations and helped us every step of the way. She truly went above and beyond! Our florals were a dream come true :) I would recommend Dori to everyone!

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Scott · Married on 01/25/2020

Marathon Florists absolute dream team

Wonderful florist. Dori from Marathon florists is willing to work with you to make your vision/ dream day a reality!

Thank you Dori!
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Lauren Beers
    Hawks Cay resort 1/25/2020

Sent on 02/13/2020

Meghan Miller · Married on 12/14/2019

Dori was wonderful!!!

I wasn't really sure I even wanted flowers for my elopement but I'm so glad I found Dori and Marathon florist! There was a bit of a mix up on the date of my wedding but she still managed to squeeze me in and create a beautiful bouquet and hair piece. I am from out of state and found Marathon florist on this website so I never met Dori face to face but she was so easy to communicate with and responded to my emails/phone calls asap. We swapped pictures of what I wanted my bouquet to look like and she nailed it. I actually cried a little when I had to leave my flowers at the motel (I couldn't take my dress and my bouquet as my carry-on for the flight back home) Wonderful experience!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Jen

Jen Herbig · Married on 12/14/2019

Beautiful Flowers

We can't say enough good things about Dori and Marathon Florist! Dori listened to our ideas and delivered the most beautiful flowers for our wedding. She was so easy to work with, the flowers were beautiful and so reasonable, and if you go to her shop she's got to great doggos you can pet while you chat. We highly recommend Marathon Florist for any event you have!

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 12/12/2019

Dori is amazing!

The entire team at marathon florist are a brides dream! She not only does great work but she comes highly recommended by other local vendors in the area (including other florist!) I was also very happy with the fact that she was willing to work with my vision as well as my budget and was super flexible with everything.

Sent on 12/28/2019

Kainoa Rosa · Married on 11/10/2019

Sensational service

My wife and I got married in the Keys this October. We hired Marathon Florist to take care of all of our tropical needs and wants! Dori and her team did an amazing job in taking care of us and making sure the wedding was exactly how we pictured. Our arch turned out exceptional and all of the guests commented on how beautiful it was. Dori and her team pay attention to the smallest of details and are able to adapt to each unique situation. If you are looking for a florist in the Keys, Marathon Florist is a must!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Casey

Casey Diven · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing customer service

Working with Dori was such a pleasure. My flowers were absolutely beautiful. I had a small wedding so I only ordered one bridal bouquet and she still hand delivered them to my hotel. I realized a few hours before my ceremony I forgot to order a bouteneire and she so kindly made one to match and again hand delivered it to me at no extra cost in time for the ceremony. Thank you Dori, I hope I have a reason to work with you again someday!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Gascon · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing!!!

Dori was such a pleasure to work with! She squeezed us in even though she was completely booked (we only needed a bouquet and five boutonnières). I would highly recommend working with her. She took my vision and created it! My bouquet was breathtaking!!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Nancy

Nancy Carranza · Married on 10/12/2019

Loved the flowers

Had a small wedding and did not need a lot but Dori was able to give me exactly what I wanted. I can not say enough about her and how great she was designing my wedding bouquet and flowers for my wedding party. They are professional fast and reliable. Thanks for making my day.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Sara

Sara OMalley · Married on 08/18/2019

Simply the BEST!

I cannot say enough good about Dori. Even small casual beach weddings have hiccups, and I lost my florist less than 2 months prior to the wedding. Already following Marathon Florist on IG, I figured it was way out of my price range, but send a message - just in case. Not only was Dori very much IN my price range, she was quick to send me a quote and made floral suggestions as if she had known me for years! She was an absolute joy to work with. We were married on a Sunday in Key West, and Dori actually came into the shop on her day off to deliver the flowers. And - even months after the wedding - I am still speechless over how beautiful they were. Not only were they beautiful and perfect for the wedding, but my bridal and attendant bouquets continued to bloom for weeks following the event! AND they survived the plane ride home! I cannot say enough good about Dori and Marathon Florist. No matter your idea or price range, start with her, you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Lauren Cvilikas · Married on 06/24/2019

Perfect florals AND at a great value!

Our photographer recommended Dori from Marathon florist. Dori’s passion for her work was clear from the first time I spoke with her and was one of the many reasons I decided we would be working with her immediately after that first conversation. She was so easy to work with and so incredibly patient through the many calls we had while I was trying to make a decision on direction and inspiration for flowers. Dori was also very accommodating to my busy work schedule as well as her own and was always flexible and accommodating. She made herself available for doing calls after hours and on weekends and was also very responsive to email.
    I was struggling to decide on a style/theme that would fit my vision without going crazy on budget. Dori was so helpful in helping me to decide on flowers to meet that vision of classic elegance that were also colorful, all while keeping the cost within our budget. The florals Dori put together were so incredibly gorgeous. My bouquet, our arch, and the table centerpieces were perfection. I was receiving compliments all night and continue to receive them when we speak to guests after the wedding or show photos to others. Thank you so much Dori for your patience and for the passion and love that you put into your work. We could not have been happier!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Christin

Christin · Married on 06/15/2019

Working with Dori was easy!

Working with Dori was a great experience, even from afar- We shared pinterest pages to share our visions, and Dori was very thorough in looking into our requests for various orchid varieties. Everything was fresh and beautiful!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Amy

Amy Dutkin Erickson · Married on 06/06/2019

Great Experience!

Dori did such an amazing job on the florals for our beach wedding at Isla Bella Beach Resort! She has such a great eye for what goes together. My arch was exactly what I was looking for to make our ceremony a little extra special. My bouquet was gorgeous and huge!! The flowers were so fresh, they stayed alive for 2 weeks after the ceremony. We enjoyed them so much! I highly recommend Dori and Marathon florist for any floral needs!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Emilee

Emilee · Married on 05/18/2019

Unforgettable florals!

Dori owner of Marathon Florist took my wedding floral vision and made it into a day I will never forget. She really considered my vision with our budget. The word “no” was not in her vocabulary she found a way to make things work! She designed the most amazing circular floral hoops for my bridesmaids and as our alter! I highly recommend Dori and her team for any big event!!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn B · Married on 05/18/2019

Magical Wedding

Stress Free Wedding Day!

Dori with Marathon Florist is THE BEST! Dori took my niece’s vision board and created the most amazing wedding. Dori’s passion, her uniqueness, and her creativity are magical! Honestly, there isn’t a thing we would have changed. My niece held her destination wedding weekend in Islamorada for 140 guests. The ceremony was beachside, the cocktail hour and reception were outdoors under the stars. Thanks to Dori, the florals and décor were magnificent, even more than we dreamt of. We highly recommend Marathon Florist

Sent on 07/03/2019