Marathon Florist Reviews

168 | Marathon, FL

168 Reviews for Marathon Florist

Bethany · Getting married on 06/01/2022

Amazing!!!

Dori listened to what I wanted and exceeded my expectations! My wedding looked like it was straight from a magazine. I can't say Thank You enough for making my dream wedding a reality!!!

Sent on 04/29/2020

Marisol V. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

The Perfect Florist

I was obsessed with Dori from the moment I saw her instagram page. Originally she was not available for our wedding and as fate would have it - the other wedding postponed and I was able to have Dori as our florist. Dori did not disappoint! She has a keen eye for details and is a perfectionist. She is professional, detailed, responsible, punctual, and has an amazing personality. She will remain a life long friend and I will continue to hire her as my florist for years to come.

Sent on 12/08/2020

Allison B. · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Wonderful Experience and Beautiful Flowers

Dori was wonderful to work with. She is kind and flexible and was able to reschedule when COVID affected my wedding. The flowers turned out beautifully and everything was exactly as I had hoped. I would strongly recommend Marathon Florist to any bride!

Sent on 01/21/2021

Maggie C. · Married on 01/16/2021

Destination Wedding Flowers

My experience working with Dori at Marathon Florist was simply amazing! It was very easy to work with her and plan the flowers for my wedding remotely because it was a destination wedding. She was very responsive and communication was very efficient. I loved her ideas and my bouquet and flowers were absolutely perfect. If I could give Marathon Florist 10 stars I would

Sent on 11/30/2020

Savannah D. · Married on 12/12/2020

Yes- Marathon Florist is WONDERFUL!!

First off, Dori was my favorite person to work with out of all of our vendors! She’s the sweetest and really cares to make everything perfect for you. We got married during Tropical Storm Eta (so lots of last minute changes) Dori went with the flow and had everything looking perfect like it was exactly what we had planned for. She also made a collar for our golden and I am still getting compliments on how beautiful it was! Thank you Marathon Florist!!! 🤍💐🌺🌸

Sent on 11/21/2020

Marathon Florist's reply:

Awwwww...you are so sweet! Thank you so very much for allowing me to be a part of your amazing day! Despite the crazy storm ETA!
    XOXO
    Dori
  • Kiley

Kiley T. · Married on 10/23/2020

Intimate Tropical Flowers

Dori and her team met all my expectations for my ceremony arch and bridal bouquet! They added special details to match colors of wedding! They were so perfect and were everything that I envisioned!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Taylor E. · Married on 10/17/2020

Sooo Happy!

We are so happy with how everything turned out at our wedding. The tables and arch were better than I could have imagined. Dori was wonderful to work with and even let us borrow lighting and decor for our table pieces. Everything was fantastic and we cant recommend Dori and her team enough.

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • Cassie

Cassie Y. · Married on 10/10/2020

Exceptional Service and Detail

Dori and her team knocked it out of the park from the arch to the table pieces and all the bouquets in-between. She was so wonderful to work with and truly made it so simple. She is the best at what she does and I couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 08/08/2020

Detailed from start to finish

Dori and team were a class act from the start. Dori took my vision and made it a reality! She recommended flowers to replace those not in season. The finished product was stunning and smelled amazing. She even recommended shifting where we stood for the ceremony to ensure the flowers were not in the direct Florida sun! We truly appreciate the time and effort you took to make our day beautiful!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 08/01/2020

Amazing... Could not have asked for better!!

Where do I start with Dori! She is an amazing florist, person, and now... friend! I planned my entire wedding from afar! Picking a florist was the most nerve wracking part of the wedding planning process, because I did not know how to help someone see my vision from afar. The moment I messaged Dori, I knew she was the one. She did not give me a cookie cutter response, she really listened to me, my flower choices, my goals, and she responded in a way, that I knew that she got me and my vision! For a moment, I had a scare, because someone else had gotten to Dori about my date first, but then all the stars aligned and she told me that she was all mine. I was so right about her.

Due to Covid-19, the unthinkable happened and we were postponed. My now husband and I were absolutely devastated. Dori, along with all of my other vendors, rallied together to find me a new date for our wedding, and they stood by me through the entire quarantine and replanning process. I got frequent unsolicited texts from Dori, just to ask if I was ok. She answered every text I ever sent, whether frantic, at an inappropriate hour, etc... She was always there for me, to keep my spirits up and keep me positive. Then as our new wedding date approached, we were threatened with a hurricane cancellation. Dori never faltered, she stayed strong for me and when the day finally came, it was a dream come true! My vision and my dream, was brought to life even better than I imagined; and without a single drop of rain. Our wedding was absolutely magical, and I am thankful, everyday, that I found the right team, and the most amazing florist ever. If you are even mildly contemplating whether or not Dori is a good fit... STOP driving yourself crazy!! SHE IS YOUR GIRL!

Thank you, Dori, for everything! I could not have asked for better and I will be forever grateful to you, my friend!!!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Marathon Florist's reply:

Angela.. not sure which is fuller right now.. my heart or my eyes with tears... thank you for allowing me to be a part of your happiness and your friendship.. always here for you!💖
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/04/2020

Amazing Experience start to finish!

Dori came highly recommended by locals in the area and now I know why! She is truly talented as well as personable and responsive. I had to put my planning trip to the Keys on hold during the pandemic and never got to see flowers or arrangements in person and had to trust photos and descriptions for my big day. Everything worked out better than I could have ever imagined and the flowers came out perfect! Dori was even able to incorporate my mom's almost 50-year old lace from her wedding dress into my bouquet.

Sent on 07/13/2020
  • Nina

Nina V. · Married on 06/27/2020

Nina & Logan Wedding Key West

When i spoke to Dori she asked me what my vision was for my daughters wedding and I sent her photos and colors and she captured every detail and design. I would highly recommend Marathon Florist for your upcoming events.

Sent on 07/05/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle B. · Married on 06/23/2020

Marathon Florist is a MUST for florals and decor

Marathon florist is who you want for your wedding big or small. Dori is truly incredible as her talent and creations are breathtaking. She took away so much stress from planning designs for my wedding. I'm so fortunate to have been able to work with her as she is the best and gets booked very fast. The flower quality is phenomenal and you can tell Dori truly prides herself in creating beautiful work.

Not only does she do florals, but she has table decor, beautiful arches, vases, candles, you name it. If Dori has your date open take it and run! I'm so thankful for how beautiful things turned out.

She is very friendly, professional, and timely on emails. Her experience and passion are rare to find. Gorgeous photos on her Instagram account!!

Sent on 07/05/2020

Jen P. · Married on 06/20/2020

Married in Marathon

Dori at Marathon Florist was just lovely. Our flowers were beautiful and helped make our wedding exactly what we wanted.
    Jen and Tim

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel G. · Married on 06/18/2020

Fantastic florist!

Dori was very quick to respond and super easy to work with! The floral arrangements she made were nearly identical to what I had sent her, and they were absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend Marathon Florist, as I was very impressed with their work! Thank you so much! :)

Sent on 06/30/2020
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 04/18/2020

The best service!

Due to the pandemic, our long awaited and planned wedding was cancelled. Not wanting to wait any longer, my now-husband and I decided to plan a micro wedding in the Keys instead! Everything came together in about 1 week, including the beautiful flowers provided by Marathon Florist. Dori came recommended by our cake vendor, and I can now see why! Since everything was SO last minute, understandably the flower selection was somewhat limited. But Dori worked with me and gave suggestions for an arrangement for my bouquet and a couple of centerpieces which I really loved. She delivered the bridal bouquet personally to my hotel room and the other arrangements to the dinner table at the hotel's restaurant. She even decorated our mini wedding cake with some blooms as well. I was stunned to see that she included some gorgeous white orchids in my bouquet even though we originally discussed how its too last minute and too pricey to get them. Such an awesome surprise! To top it all off, Dori's service was super reasonable in price. Thank you so much, Dori , for making our spontaneous nuptials feel that much more festive!

Sent on 06/12/2020
  • Leslie

Leslie P. · Married on 03/12/2020

Perfect in every way!

Dori is top notch! She is a joy to work with, and will guide you every step of the way to make your wedding flowers just as perfect as you imagined in your dreams. She has an extensive inventory of wedding decor, which if you chose to utilize, she so kindly lends to you on your wedding day at no extra charge - all because you chose Marathon Flowers as your wedding florist!

Sent on 12/04/2020

Carolyn · Married on 03/07/2020

By Far, The Best with a Personal Touch

In planning for my wedding, I did a crazy amount of research on all vendors. I visited KW to meet in-person with vendors, except for Dori at Marathon Florist (an hour drive). I did have a call with Dori before the trip. There are different Keys florists: 1. Wedding/Event Specialists, 2. Everyday Florists, and 3. Hybrids. Dori is most definitely the first. Due to our immediate connection, her extensive experience, positive reviews, owner-to-bride attention only, and passionate personality – my decision was a no brainer and I went with her.

Dori’s warm personality, passion, and spirit is evident each time we spoke – even over text. Dori will and does work around the clock for her brides and is one of the hardest worker’s I know. Her shop is adorable, packed with décor to choose from, and always has an open door for her brides.

Dori’s floral and décor work at our wedding were beyond amazing (will add pics soon). My mom is a designer and she was blown away how impeccable Dori did with the decoration, and that is a lot coming from my mom. Additionally, her prices are reasonable for the market. She is not over priced like some wedding florists.

Little did I know the amount of continuous one-on-one communications and overall fun/excitement we both equally had designing my wedding. We legit became good friends and communicated about things that had nothing to do with the wedding. Eventually, we were completing each other’s sentences.

Make your life easy and hire Marathon Florist. Flowers, décor, and service is out of this world. And, the experience couldn’t have been better!!!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey R. · Married on 02/22/2020

Dream tropical floral wedding

Dori @ Marathon Florist was excellent to work with leading up to our big day. She took our Pinterest board dreams and turned them into a more elegant & beautiful reality! She was really easy-going, flexible, responsive & helped work thru any last-minute little hiccups with a calm demeanor. Five stars!

Sent on 05/23/2020
  • Mandee

Mandee · Married on 02/20/2020

Flexible, kind and delivers with beautiful work

Dori at Marathon Florist was the 4th florist we contacted. Previously we had some bad experiences with condescending attitudes in regards to our budget, so we were feeling anxious about the florals. Dori completely put us at ease and went above and beyond to work with our budget. We asked for several edits to the centerpieces, which consisted of lanterns, terrariums, votives & bud vases, and Dori’s answer to each was no problem. Her prices are fair and she is flexible. The flowers were GORGEOUS. All of them. The flower crowns for my flower girls were perfect as were all of our handhelds & boutonnières. We got so many compliments on the flowers. Marathon Florist added the perfect elegant touch to our event.

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Amber

Amber L. · Married on 02/15/2020

Dori is fantastic!

We hired Dori as the florist for our wedding and she was an absolute pleasure to work with! We had limited time and budget when we contacted her and she was very helpful in accommodating both. She made fantastic recommendations and helped us every step of the way. She truly went above and beyond! Our florals were a dream come true :) I would recommend Dori to everyone!

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 01/25/2020

Marathon Florists absolute dream team

Wonderful florist. Dori from Marathon florists is willing to work with you to make your vision/ dream day a reality!

Thank you Dori!
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Lauren Beers
    Hawks Cay resort 1/25/2020

Sent on 02/13/2020

Meghan M. · Married on 12/14/2019

Dori was wonderful!!!

I wasn't really sure I even wanted flowers for my elopement but I'm so glad I found Dori and Marathon florist! There was a bit of a mix up on the date of my wedding but she still managed to squeeze me in and create a beautiful bouquet and hair piece. I am from out of state and found Marathon florist on this website so I never met Dori face to face but she was so easy to communicate with and responded to my emails/phone calls asap. We swapped pictures of what I wanted my bouquet to look like and she nailed it. I actually cried a little when I had to leave my flowers at the motel (I couldn't take my dress and my bouquet as my carry-on for the flight back home) Wonderful experience!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Jen

Jen H. · Married on 12/14/2019

Beautiful Flowers

We can't say enough good things about Dori and Marathon Florist! Dori listened to our ideas and delivered the most beautiful flowers for our wedding. She was so easy to work with, the flowers were beautiful and so reasonable, and if you go to her shop she's got to great doggos you can pet while you chat. We highly recommend Marathon Florist for any event you have!

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 12/12/2019

Dori is amazing!

The entire team at marathon florist are a brides dream! She not only does great work but she comes highly recommended by other local vendors in the area (including other florist!) I was also very happy with the fact that she was willing to work with my vision as well as my budget and was super flexible with everything.

Sent on 12/28/2019