Marathon Florist Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Bethany Getting married on 06/01/2022

Amazing!!!

Dori listened to what I wanted and exceeded my expectations! My wedding looked like it was straight from a magazine. I can't say Thank You enough for making my dream wedding a reality!!!
  • Tea
    Tea Married on 08/01/2021

Beautiful and matched my wedding!

Marathon Florist was a part of my package for Courtyard Marriott. Full discretion, I'm someone who doesn't really care about flowers. HOWEVER, I was blown away! Dori matched my bouquet to my wedding colors, which you can see in the picture below. They were gorgeous and Dori was so nice and accommodating. Highly recommend!
  • Donna
    Donna Z. Married on 07/18/2021

Beautiful flowers

I highly recommend Marathon Florist. Dori was so easy to work with. We had a conversation about what I had wanted and sent pictures to her for ideas. Everything was beautiful. Exactly how I imagined and even better. Thank you Dori!
    Allison B. Married on 07/12/2021

Wonderful Experience and Beautiful Flowers

Dori was wonderful to work with. She is kind and flexible and was able to reschedule when COVID affected my wedding. The flowers turned out beautifully and everything was exactly as I had hoped. I would strongly recommend Marathon Florist to any bride!
    Tina T. Married on 06/30/2021

LOVED Dori and Marathon Florist

I planned my wedding from Savannah, GA with Dori via email and texts. I sent her pics of what I had in mind and what she did for me was absolutely PERFECT. I would highly recommend using Marathon if you are getting married in the Keys.
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 05/15/2021

Dori is amazing!

Dori is an amazing florist with the sweetest heart. I was lucky enough to meet with her ahead of time and visit her shop to pick out some pieces for my special day. Her Driftwood arbor and driftwood candleholders were a perfect touch for our beach wedding. Everyone raved about our table settings and how beautiful everything was. I’m not a huge floral person so Dori help to assist in adding some floral recommendations that helps to tie together my vision. I would definitely recommend Dori and her team.
  • Taylor-Jo
    Taylor-Jo G. Married on 05/05/2021

Fantastic!

Dori was absolutely amazing to work with. We were doing a destination wedding and was worried about how to explain what we were looking for. Dori made it so simple for us by telling us to send her pictures we loved from Pinterest. Dori made our vision come to life. We can’t thank her enough! Hurry up and hire her before your date is booked!!
    Bethany E. Married on 05/02/2021

Outstanding!

Dori was so great and accommodating. Flowers can be so expensive for a wedding but her prices were more than fair and the flowers were beautiful!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa D. Married on 04/24/2021

Highly recommended!

My husband and I got married in April 2021 and hired Marathon Florist for our wedding day. Dori and the team were the absolute best to work with! Dori created the most beautiful floral arrangements, all while staying within our budget, and made great recommendations. We opted for colorful tropical flowers and they turned out amazing! My bouquet was just stunning. We sent her pictures of our vision and she nailed it. Highly recommended Marathon Florist! They are the best in the business!
  • Susan
    Susan N. Married on 03/27/2021

So grateful for Dori!

I planned my Key Largo wedding all the way from Charleston, SC, and after having one conversation with her I knew I could completely trust her. The months leading up to my wedding day I sent her some images of my vision and she knew exactly the vibe i was going for and blew me away. It was the perfect tropical-romantic wedding I’ve always dreamed of! I’m extremely grateful for you, Dori! Xoxox
    Aly C. Married on 03/01/2021

Cook Wedding

Working with Marathon Florist was so much fun! Dori’s floral vision is unlike any other. She truly invested her time, passion, and love into creating my dream floral vision. The flowers were a huge part of my wedding and I couldn’t of picked a better florist!
    Maggie C. Married on 01/16/2021

Destination Wedding Flowers

My experience working with Dori at Marathon Florist was simply amazing! It was very easy to work with her and plan the flowers for my wedding remotely because it was a destination wedding. She was very responsive and communication was very efficient. I loved her ideas and my bouquet and flowers were absolutely perfect. If I could give Marathon Florist 10 stars I would
    Savannah D. Married on 12/12/2020

Yes- Marathon Florist is WONDERFUL!!

First off, Dori was my favorite person to work with out of all of our vendors! She’s the sweetest and really cares to make everything perfect for you. We got married during Tropical Storm Eta (so lots of last minute changes) Dori went with the flow and had everything looking perfect like it was exactly what we had planned for. She also made a collar for our golden and I am still getting compliments on how beautiful it was! Thank you Marathon Florist!!! 🤍💐🌺🌸

Marathon Florist's reply:

Awwwww...you are so sweet! Thank you so very much for allowing me to be a part of your amazing day! Despite the crazy storm ETA!
    XOXO
    Dori
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie L. Married on 11/21/2020

Excellent service!

Marathon Florist met all of our wedding needs. Dori was very communicative and helpful in meeting our wants with the budget we had in mind. She was flexible and accommodating. The florist was very resourceful in reusing our flowers from the church at our reception and bridesmaids bouquets as centerpieces so no flowers went to waste. She helped set up and break down and delivered the girls’ flowers right to our suite. I would highly recommend them for your floral needs.
    Marisol V. Married on 10/24/2020

The Perfect Florist

I was obsessed with Dori from the moment I saw her instagram page. Originally she was not available for our wedding and as fate would have it - the other wedding postponed and I was able to have Dori as our florist. Dori did not disappoint! She has a keen eye for details and is a perfectionist. She is professional, detailed, responsible, punctual, and has an amazing personality. She will remain a life long friend and I will continue to hire her as my florist for years to come.
  • Kiley
    Kiley T. Married on 10/23/2020

Intimate Tropical Flowers

Dori and her team met all my expectations for my ceremony arch and bridal bouquet! They added special details to match colors of wedding! They were so perfect and were everything that I envisioned!
    Taylor E. Married on 10/17/2020

Sooo Happy!

We are so happy with how everything turned out at our wedding. The tables and arch were better than I could have imagined. Dori was wonderful to work with and even let us borrow lighting and decor for our table pieces. Everything was fantastic and we cant recommend Dori and her team enough.
  • Cassie
    Cassie Y. Married on 10/10/2020

Exceptional Service and Detail

Dori and her team knocked it out of the park from the arch to the table pieces and all the bouquets in-between. She was so wonderful to work with and truly made it so simple. She is the best at what she does and I couldn't recommend her more!
  • Allison
    Allison M. Married on 10/10/2020

GREAT experience

Marathon Florist saved the day for me when another Key West-based florist essentially ghosted me a month before my wedding. The owner, Dori, was able to quickly pull together a proposal for me at the last minute and was so kind and easy to work with that she made a stressful situation feel simple. Her work was absolutely gorgeous and exactly what we envisioned on our wedding day. Her prices also were very fair and she was willing to work with us to stay in our budget. I highly recommend Dori and Marathon Florist!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 08/08/2020

Detailed from start to finish

Dori and team were a class act from the start. Dori took my vision and made it a reality! She recommended flowers to replace those not in season. The finished product was stunning and smelled amazing. She even recommended shifting where we stood for the ceremony to ensure the flowers were not in the direct Florida sun! We truly appreciate the time and effort you took to make our day beautiful!
  • Angela
    Angela Married on 08/01/2020

Amazing... Could not have asked for better!!

Where do I start with Dori! She is an amazing florist, person, and now... friend! I planned my entire wedding from afar! Picking a florist was the most nerve wracking part of the wedding planning process, because I did not know how to help someone see my vision from afar. The moment I messaged Dori, I knew she was the one. She did not give me a cookie cutter response, she really listened to me, my flower choices, my goals, and she responded in a way, that I knew that she got me and my vision! For a moment, I had a scare, because someone else had gotten to Dori about my date first, but then all the stars aligned and she told me that she was all mine. I was so right about her.

Due to Covid-19, the unthinkable happened and we were postponed. My now husband and I were absolutely devastated. Dori, along with all of my other vendors, rallied together to find me a new date for our wedding, and they stood by me through the entire quarantine and replanning process. I got frequent unsolicited texts from Dori, just to ask if I was ok. She answered every text I ever sent, whether frantic, at an inappropriate hour, etc... She was always there for me, to keep my spirits up and keep me positive. Then as our new wedding date approached, we were threatened with a hurricane cancellation. Dori never faltered, she stayed strong for me and when the day finally came, it was a dream come true! My vision and my dream, was brought to life even better than I imagined; and without a single drop of rain. Our wedding was absolutely magical, and I am thankful, everyday, that I found the right team, and the most amazing florist ever. If you are even mildly contemplating whether or not Dori is a good fit... STOP driving yourself crazy!! SHE IS YOUR GIRL!

Thank you, Dori, for everything! I could not have asked for better and I will be forever grateful to you, my friend!!!

Marathon Florist's reply:

Angela.. not sure which is fuller right now.. my heart or my eyes with tears... thank you for allowing me to be a part of your happiness and your friendship.. always here for you!💖
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 07/04/2020

Amazing Experience start to finish!

Dori came highly recommended by locals in the area and now I know why! She is truly talented as well as personable and responsive. I had to put my planning trip to the Keys on hold during the pandemic and never got to see flowers or arrangements in person and had to trust photos and descriptions for my big day. Everything worked out better than I could have ever imagined and the flowers came out perfect! Dori was even able to incorporate my mom's almost 50-year old lace from her wedding dress into my bouquet.
  • Nina
    Nina V. Married on 06/27/2020

Nina & Logan Wedding Key West

When i spoke to Dori she asked me what my vision was for my daughters wedding and I sent her photos and colors and she captured every detail and design. I would highly recommend Marathon Florist for your upcoming events.
  • Danielle
    Danielle B. Married on 06/23/2020

Marathon Florist is a MUST for florals and decor

Marathon florist is who you want for your wedding big or small. Dori is truly incredible as her talent and creations are breathtaking. She took away so much stress from planning designs for my wedding. I'm so fortunate to have been able to work with her as she is the best and gets booked very fast. The flower quality is phenomenal and you can tell Dori truly prides herself in creating beautiful work.

Not only does she do florals, but she has table decor, beautiful arches, vases, candles, you name it. If Dori has your date open take it and run! I'm so thankful for how beautiful things turned out.

She is very friendly, professional, and timely on emails. Her experience and passion are rare to find. Gorgeous photos on her Instagram account!!
    Jen P. Married on 06/20/2020

Married in Marathon

Dori at Marathon Florist was just lovely. Our flowers were beautiful and helped make our wedding exactly what we wanted.
    Jen and Tim