Maple Shade Farm Reviews

Maple Shade Farm 5
Maple Shade Farm 6
Maple Shade Farm 7

Kristen · Married on 06/04/2016

If I could rate this place with 10 stars I would. My husband and I were married in June at Maple Shade and it truly felt like the Wilson's and Nikki were apart of our family. They were there for every step of the day(and before)-and we could not be more grateful. The barn, the scenery and decor are Absolutely stunning-but more importantly-everyone who helped us on our day (Jay, Abby, Nikki, Tito, Tim and team) were what made us the most happy. Their attention to detail and genuine care for our celebration made our day that much more special. The Wilson's are the best and so is the barn!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/03/2015

Abby and Jay are awesome! Their attention to details were impeccable, they exceeded every wish the bride and groom envisioned for their special day. It was a fairy tale come true unique wedding. From the very first time we met Jay and Abby they made us feel like family. The place is filled with love and charm. It was the best party ever and all the guests are still talking about it.

Sent on 11/16/2015

amanda · Married on 10/03/2015

WE LOVE THE WILSONS! And we love their beautiful farm!
    Our Wedding was the most perfect day. It was more than I could have ever wanted. And the Barn was our foundation for that. Without Jay and Abby, our day wouldn’t have been ½ of what it was. From the moment we decided to have our wedding (ceremony included) at Maple Shade, to the moment we said our “I do’s,” we knew we made the best choice. Having our wedding at Maple Shade was more than just having our wedding at a “barn,” we truly felt like we became apart of their family and Jay and Abby treated us as such. In the months leading up to the wedding the Wilson’s were available by, phone, text, email, anything they were there and willing to help! Most of all, they were realistic about what we should expect from our day. But the best part was they let us TRULY enjoy our wedding. I cannot express how much they truly did for Mike and I. It was just incredible. Our plan was to have our wedding outside by the pond and then move inside for the fun! But it ended up raining and was super cold, BUT Jay and Abby took care of EVERYTHING! They transitioned everything inside, the y created a beautiful back drop for us and it was breath taking. We had 120 people in one room, and it was still such an incredibly intimate experience.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Shannon · Married on 09/12/2015

As many other reviews have said the Wilson family is awesome, and we agree! We cannot compliment the Wilson family enough, their laid back style was great since planning a wedding can get very stressful! They also make you feel like family; we knew from our first meeting with them at the farm that it was the right location & people for us. Three months after our wedding we're still receiving "that was the best wedding I've been to in a long time", although we put in a great deal of work, we know that the Wilson family also deserves A LOT of that credit, they truly turn the farm into a magical place on the day of the wedding and accommodated everything we were looking for.

Sent on 12/19/2015

Kylee · Married on 08/29/2015

If you are looking for an absolutely flawless , stress-free ,perfect venue for your wedding day, look no more. We were so happy with our entire experience at Maple Shade Farm. Our friends and family are still talking about what a great time they all had. Could not be more happy with all the people at maple shade that worked so hard at making our day what we wanted and so much more!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

My husband and I were married at the Maple Shade Farm in August of 2015 and I can not say enough good things about our experience. The first time we set foot on the property we knew this was where we had to have our wedding. Pictures do not do it justice. It is truly a beautiful setting. Since we are from out of town, Jay and Abby helped us with every aspect of planning. They are truly professionals. I am not the most creative and had very few ideas, but Abby was able to get me and put together some of the most beautiful decor and flowers. Working with them was a pleasure. Our friends and family keep saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I am so glad we chose Maple Shade Farm for such an important day. I will never forget our experience.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Thomas · Married on 08/01/2015

Maple Shade Farm is picturesque, and Jay & Abby were amazing. They are incredibly friendly, responsive, easy-going, and capable all at the same time. Exactly the kind of people you want around when pulling off a wedding!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Jackie · Married on 07/11/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding! Our day was perfect, stunning, amazing and most of all one of a kind! they help you to make the wedding venue your own! The Wilson's are amazing people and we wouldn't have wanted to go through this with anyone else!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Joanna · Married on 06/27/2015

We worked with Abby for flowers and decor for our wedding at Hunter Mountain. Despite my venue, I wanted to make sure that our reception was cozy, warm and rustic and I wanted all of the flower arrangements/center pieces to be relaxed/casual, looking like they had been cut from a field that morning.

(1) FLOWERS: I was in LOVE with my flowers. I had sent Abby some pinterest boards showing what type of arrangements I liked and the final product was perfect and exactly what I had envisioned. In total, I had center pieces for 25 tables, bouquets for myself, 3 bridesmaids, one jr. bridesmaid/flower girl, 2 flower garlands for the flower girls, lots of boutonnieres and corsages. Each one looked perfect.

(2) DECOR: I had also made some pinterest boards with thought starters for ways to plus up the center pieces (with books, old bottles, etc.) and unique ideas for the dessert, welcome, and gift tables. Abby was great to work with and looked through her inventory of vintage items to find things she thought I would like based on what I had sent her. A couple of weeks before the wedding I visited her farm and toured the barn to look at some of the items in person.

All in all the process was super easy and seamless and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. The room/tables looked exactly like I wanted and the flowers looked so gorgeous in person and in photos!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Trista & Nathan · Married on 06/27/2015

No matter how many positive things we list here, this review will not be able to do the entire experience at MSF justice. Let us first off start by saying that Jay&Abby will go above and beyond to make sure you have everything you need. And then even after that, they will somehow continue to far exceed your expectations in the entire planning process up until the day and then even after. We first fell in love with the beautiful barn on a cold winter day. We had searched a few locations previously and didn’t find the right fit for us. Too many rules or the owners of the venues were folks we didn't want to work with. Insert Maple Shade to solve all of these concerns. MSF make sure that their farm is your venue for the weekend and it is up to the bride and the groom to make the rules. In addition, they are some of the most generous, selfless, hardworking individuals we have ever met and the exact kind of folks we are lucky to now call friends. MSF provided a list of local vendors to help in the planning process. We informed MSF of what type of wedding we were looking for and all of the sudden this vision of our perfect day came to light. We weren't overly impressed with the rental farm tables, so MSF hand built gorgeous new ones (seriously, how cool is that!) We wanted a loose set of flowers and effortless center pieces and MSF took care of it all! We wanted a bourbon room and they made it happen! MSF can be involved as much or as little as you want. The day ended up raining which we thought would be a nightmare scenario but it ended up being perfect. A last minute decision to take the ceremony indoors was no challenge to MSF as they quickly arranged the perfect back drop for exchanging our vows. Having our family and friends form an aisle and gather around for our ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Our pictures of those moments are priceless. Don't think twice about booking this place. Jay and Abby will make sure your day is nothing short of perfect!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Emily · Married on 06/20/2015

From the very first visit with Jay and Abby, we just knew this was the place. The property is absolutely stunning and they have done an amazing job with recent upgrades and quaint little touches. The barn is gorgeous, and can accommodate large weddings. There is a full set up for a band to play (I had a 7 person band that fit very comfortably), or a DJ, and great sounding speakers to plug an ipod into! Beautifully strung lights with handmade farm tables, great antique/vintage touches, and TONS of room! The decorating abilities are endless, and their creative touches really set it apart from anything I've ever seen. Our guests were mesmerized by the uniqueness of the barn and the beauty of the property. There is a gorgeous pond, and view of the surrounding catskills when you walk outside.
    But the main reason I am so in love with this place, is the people. Jay and Abby treated us like family from the very beginning. They take the time to truly get to know you and form a relationship so they can understand you and make your day perfect. There were many times I was in over my head and they took the reins and truly calmed my fears. They have fabulous vendor recommendations! They have worked with everyone in the area and have great relationships and understanding of the surrounding businesses. They led me to both my amazing caterer and baker, and Abby herself does a wonderful job with flowers for fair pricing. When my band was 2 hours late (not on their vendor list ;) ), Jay and Abby had everything under control. Even in a stressful situation like that, I knew they had my back. Within moments Jay had microphones hooked up and we had the show on the road. The ability they have to really connect with you is special, and if your day is not everything you've ever wanted, they aren't happy until it is. I just could never say enough about our 2 year experience with Jay and Abby. They are family now, and will always be a special part of our story.

Sent on 09/08/2015

David · Married on 06/13/2015

Jay and Abby were wonderful to work with! Since we had to almost completely plan our wedding from across the country, their tireless work ethic helped to ensure that everything went smoothly.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Christopher · Married on 08/15/2014

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception and Maple Shade and it was amazing!! Jay and Abby are so nice and the best, they made us feel so at ease. We got married in front of the new pond and it was beautiful. If you are looking to have a country style wedding, or an outdoor wedding this is the place for you. The scenery is beautiful and the barn is outstanding, its split in two floors. We had dinner on the top and danced the night away on the bottom floor. It was the little things that Jay and Abby did that made our day all the more special. We really couldn't have been happier and had an amazing, beautiful day.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Kelsi · Married on 05/31/2014

Dreams really do come true. My wedding at Maple Shade Farm was magical. The owners Abby and Jay Wilson were beyond accomodating and went out of the way to make sure every single detail was taken care of. We had not one thing to worry about, they worked with all of our vendors to make sure the bar ran smoothly, the appetizers and food were on point and everyone was having a great time. By the time the wedding was over we never wanted to leave. I cant begin to say enough good things about the venue. It was a pleasure to work with such stand up people who really care about making your day so special. They will always have a special place in my heart.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Teri · Married on 05/31/2014

Our daughter had her Wedding at Maple Shade Farm on May 31, 2014. Everything was above and beyond our greatest expectations. Jay & Abby Wilson did everything they absolutely could to make this special day just that. They were so helpful & accommodating to us. This Wedding day was special to us & all of our family & friends. It will definitely be a great memory by all. Teri & Gary Lockhart

Sent on 06/26/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2013

Maple Shade Farm is a beautiful rustic setting to book your wedding at. The owners were awesome and so attentive to all of our wishes and wants.

Sent on 12/10/2013

Michele · Married on 09/01/2012

Jay and Abby were extremely helpful in planning our wedding day. They thought of things we never would have. They have recommendations and experience on everything from the tiniest decoration to the biggest tent you can find. We loved the location so much we even had our rehersal dinner in their beautiful three story barn! We would highly recommend their venue and their services.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Diana · Married on 07/01/2017

Such a beautiful venue. It was exactly what we were looking for. Rustic, spacious, and accommodating. My husband and I live in the area and had been shopping around for a wedding venue and immediately stopped when we visited Maple Shade Farm. We had a lot of out of town guests and everyone absolutely loved the setting. Abby and Jay are wonderful and have all the recommendations and expertise you need to pull off a fabulous wedding. They are there for you throughout the whole process and make sure everything runs smoothly on your day. We are 100% satisfied costumers.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Theresa · Married on 08/15/2009

My fiancé and I, (now Husband) were looking for a unique and grounded wedding venue that suited us. We have roots in Delaware County and wanted a venue that encompassed us. We couldn’t find a better venue that represented us, our tie to nature, and our connection to agriculture. Abby and Jay made our special day as wonderful as it could be and alleviated any worries we had. They made our special day spectacular! Abby and Jay are wonderful….thanks you so much! We will remember Maple Shade Farm forever!

Sent on 03/14/2014
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/22/2018

For the romantic and rustic enthusiatists

I was the girl who has always dreamt of their wedding day- and that's exactly what Maple Shade Farm offers you, your dream wedding. Not only does it appeal to the hopeless romantics, and rustic enthusiasts, but it offers you a personalized party for you and your guests. Jay and Abby put so much time into every couple they host, and make sure you have everything you've ever wanted- AND MORE. Everything was perfect- and even when things aren't running perfectly, Jay and Abby make sure that you never even know about it! Everything from the rustic personalized décor, to the fire works and hot dogs trucks, the best thing I ever did was trust Jay and Abby with my wedding vision. They walk you through every step and ensure you are taken care of. The moment you set foot on the venue- you just know, and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Maple Shade Farm 13
    Maple Shade Farm 14
    Maple Shade Farm 15

Jenna Pettinicchi · Married on 06/30/2018

Beautiful Barn Wedding-- fun, character, charm, and amazing attention to detail

My husband and I got married at Maple Shade Farm this summer. The barn, property, and overall character and charm were exactly what we were looking for. We got married outside by the pond, had cocktail hour outside near the barn, dinner in the barn followed by dancing, desserts, and drinking! To quote one of my relatives visiting Canada, "Are all American weddings this much fun?!" The attention to detail that Jay and Abby put into our day was outstanding. They gave us a great resource document with options for various vendors and accommodations in the area. Jay helped us with all of the logistics, coordinating caterer, photographer, band, etc. Abby went above and beyond with our flowers, decorations, styling, and overall just bringing our vision to life. (some of this was additional services we opted to pay for-- but totally worth it!) We pretty much gave them an idea of what we wanted, things we like, some pinterest board inspiration and then handed them the reigns and we were blown away by what we got in return. Jay and Abby just want to have fun, make sure you have fun and get the wedding of your dreams. They are passionate about they do and that clearly comes through.

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • W

Wesley · Married on 06/17/2017

We knew we would get married at Maple Shade as soon as we stepped foot on the farm. The landscape is so unique and breathtaking. The owners, Abby and Jay do a wonderful job helping to make your vision/dreams come true. I was having such a hard time expressing exactly what I wanted and somehow they were able to interpret a years worth of emails, Pinterest boards and about 1,000 text messages to create the perfect wedding day for us. Our guests were walking around the entire day/night ooh-ing and ahh-ing about every square inch of the barn. We used Elena and Co. catering which came recommended by MSF and she was absolutely amazing. Abby did all of the flowers for us and made a bouquet for me that should have been featured in a bridal magazine. The week following our wedding we received innumerous phone calls from our guests telling us that our wedding was the most unique and beautiful wedding they had ever been to. If I could go back and do it all over again I would pick Maple Shade 500 times over.

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • I

Isela · Married on 05/28/2016

My husband and I instantly fell in love with Maple Shade Farm when we were scouting locations for our wedding. It is nestled in the rolling green hills of the beautiful Catskills, about a 3 hour drive from NYC. The barn is gorgeous! It is spacious and we loved the layout, complete with nooks for lounging, dessert, photo booth, games and a cool built in bar.
    The deciding factor for us, however, was the owners, Jay and Abby. They served as our day-of coordinators setting up, decorating, coordinating vendors and helping us with anything we needed! They were instrumental in making our wedding day so special, fun and stress free.
    Abby did my flowers and decorations (separate fee). She was able to capture my aesthetic and vision through conversation and pictures/Pinterest. She brought it to life and did a beautiful job!
    Overall we had an amazing wedding experience at Maple Shade Farm and would highly recommend it!

Sent on 07/25/2016

jay and abby did such a great job with our wedding. We had so many compliments and we wished we could go back and have another awesome party. From the small details and the quick we need help pouring the toast, they had it covered. We are so glad that we went with MSF.

Sent on 10/20/2015
  • User4199133 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding was the most perfect day! It was worth the trip, coming from Long Island, and people raved about it. We have been told it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Jay and Abbey (the owners) are wonderful, so friendly, fun and most importantly HONEST..the wedding went off without a single issue. What you get for your money is amazing, couldn't have asked for a better day.

Sent on 06/24/2014