Maple Shade Farm Reviews

57 | Delhi, NY

57 Reviews for Maple Shade Farm

Sarah Prinz · Getting married on 12/08/2020

A fabulous collaboration!

As a wedding planner, I loved collaborating with Abby & Jay on our mutual clients’ August wedding. Their entire property is beautiful… so many photo opportunities (Jay personally took the bride and groom and photographers to all of the hard to reach spots for pictures) The barn is curated thoughtfully with vintage curiosities, lighting fixtures, and furniture. Items that would have been expensive to rent (like bars, furniture, vintage props, dessert stands), were included… and because all of these items were selected/made by Jay and Abby, they complemented the wedding day aesthetic perfectly. Abby created all of the floral elements for the wedding including personal flowers, decor for the existing birch ceremony backdrop and beautiful, flowy tablescapes for guest dining tables incorporating elements unique to the bride and groom. Abby and Jay have a passion for taking great care of their couples, their guests AND their vendors (THANK YOU!) and go to great lengths to make sure every client experiences the best of Maple Shade Farm in a way that is perfect for them. Thank you, Jay and Abby, for working with me so closely to execute an unforgettable wedding weekend our couple!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Kayla

Kayla Havard · Married on 03/06/2020

Rustic, Romantic, Relaxed

The Wilson Family was a blessing for our wedding! My husband is in the Army and I did most of the planning and preparation for the big day while also attending grad school. Abby and Jay elevated my ideas and remembered the little things that I forgot. They are extremely flexible and really know how to transform their gorgeous barn and grounds to match your vision. We had a magical day and I could never thank them enough for all their hard work and care!

Sent on 11/28/2019

Jamie · Married on 09/28/2019

Maple Shade all the way!

Jay and Abby were amazing from start to finish - cannot say enough good things about them! Their farm is absolutely gorgeous, and is such a unique venue. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Kim · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding Day

Jay and Abby are the best people to work with and make your wedding dreams come true. They ensured our day was everything we wanted. Plus, I had lost my father just 3 weeks before the wedding and they both made sure I didn't have to worry about a thing and could focus on being with my family. They took care of everything and the day of they helped get me through the tough parts, and made sure my husband and I had the best day ever. We still have family and friends telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Sent on 12/07/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Maple Shade Farm is unlike any other venue my husband and I visited. Its uniquness made it impossible for any other places to compare. We had around 180 guests and we still felt like we were at an intimate gathering. Jay and Abby are phenomenal at their jobs they took so much stress off of my husband and I when it came to planning. The things they can make a reality are unbelievable! Our guests have not stopped talking about how wonderful it was.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Denise · Married on 06/22/2019

True Visionaries

If we could give 10 stars we would. I don't have words to express how amazing Jay and Abby are. Their attention to detail is incredible. They listened to what we wanted, but also made perfect suggestions. They brought our vision to life and then some. Everything about the day was magical and we owe it all to Jay and Abby. We were married almost a month ago and we are still hearing from our guests that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Thank you Jay and Abby, you truly are the best at what you do!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Spring · Married on 12/11/2018

Bride and groom

We had a fantastic time working with Jay and Abbey to plan our perfect wedding. Jay was so helpful with getting information for vendors, and Abbey was amazing with decorating and planning! We got so many compliments on how beautiful the barn was! We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • trisha

trisha · Married on 09/08/2018

Dr. Patricia gitto

Want a wedding that your guests will still talk about for months after? Jay and Abby at Maple Shade farm have you covered. After searching many barns in many different states maple shade was the only one that had everything you need. Already decorated with beautiful farm tables and chairs both the upstairs and downstairs have the perfect amount of space to congregate large groups while at the same time giving you areas of privacy. The best decision you will make is having Abby make your flowers. I can’t wait till my daughter gets married, the only place I will pay for is Maple Shade

Sent on 12/14/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/01/2018

Fantastic All Around

Maple Shade Farm was the perfect setting for our wedding. The combination of the rustic old barn, scenic backdrop, and new features that had been recently added (like a nice deck) made for an amazing wedding. Most importantly, the owners (Jay and Abby) were an absolute pleasure to work with. They made the entire process from when we first booked 2 year prior, through the wedding day absolutely smooth and stress free for my wife and I. They know how their property flows and what may work best, but they also ensured that our vision became reality. The result was an epic wedding, which many guests have reported back as the most fun they have ever had at a wedding and the location seemed universally loved as well. I highly recommend Maple Shade Farm for any out there who are in the market for a great venue.

Sent on 10/31/2018

laura · Married on 08/18/2018

Magic all around

Jay and Abby. I have been thinking for a while about this review (clearly...). You guys made magic happen. I keep going back to our day and thinking of those 20 minutes at the end after everyone had left and it was just us and Jay and Abby. Over the course of the year they had become like family. They're the most dynamic duo we had ever worked with and can you imagine - they do this every weekend!!! Unreal. They are the true reason you should book the venue. I honestly can't say enough. I wish we lived close so we could occasionally come and grab a beer with these guys and catch up.

The month leading up to the wedding they were especially great, they calmed me down when I was getting panicky (good times). Jay walked us through the day, ensured they were in contact with the vendors and everything (and everyone) was in sync. They know what they're doing (duh) and they made sure EVERYTHING was taken care of.

About the venue itself I will just say this... Maple Shade Farm was the only (!) venue we saw and the moment Joe and I knew we were going to stop our search was when we walked into the lit up barn. We could picture it then and there. This sounds so corny but I still remember seeing the barn for the first time and KNOWING this was the place. It proved to be the right decision when we watched our friends' and families' faces as they arrived on the wedding day. That was the last of the assurance we needed to know we had picked the perfect home for our beautiful Saturday. If you are looking for warmth, authenticity and wonder, you need to visit Jay and Abby because they make magic happen. Love you guys!!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Meghan · Married on 08/04/2018

The Absolute Best!

Patrick and I cannot say enough great things about our experience at Maple Shade. Abby captured our style perfectly just through conversations, texts, and our simple Pinterest board. She added extra personal touches that we noticed throughout the day that made our day that much more special. Jay walked us through the flow of the day and gave suggestions to make it go seamlessly. They both took care of us every step of the way and we received so many compliments from our guests that it was the best wedding they've been to. Thank you Jay and Abby, you're the best!

Sent on 12/24/2018
  • brooke

brooke · Married on 07/28/2018

Ten stars if we could!

We would give Maple Shade Farm many more than 5 stars if we could. We had our wedding here in July, and we have had so many of our friends and family tell us it was the best wedding they have ever been to -- hands down. They couldn’t stop talking about how wonderful the venue was, and how beautiful the area is, and how every little detail was thought of. And WE can’t stop talking about Abby and Jay, the couple who own and run this venue: they are just incredible at what they do, and made it all possible.

Maple Shade offers so many different layers and reveals over the day, each as stunning as the last. We got married underneath the tree behind the barn, with guests gathering in the apple orchard on arrival and enjoying the most picturesque view of rolling fields, old stone walls, mountain vistas, and beautiful old barns. We then had cocktail hour outside the barn while guests played lawn games and canoed on the pond, followed by a glorious dinner upstairs. And then (yes, there’s more!) we partied the night away downstairs, taking breaks at the bar or at the S’mores station by the bonfire while the full moon rose above the crest of the hill. I mean, come on!!! It was everything we could have dreamed of.

With friends and family coming together from across the world, this was the most perfect venue to get people mixing, mingling and partying together. We saw several venues -- in this and neighboring areas -- and the unique flexibility of Maple Shade Farm (along with its beauty!!) sealed the deal for us. We’re so glad we made the choice we did.

Abby and Jay are true pros who have thought of everything. Their consideration and eye for detail is extraordinary — and Abby’s skill at dressing the venue and bringing your vision to life (or helping you figure out what you want!) is phenomenal. The thoughtful details made our day so special. Abby and Jay truly had our backs on everything and went above and beyond.

One of our guests talked so much about how much she loved our wedding that her colleague came upstate the following weekend to see Maple Shade Farm for herself, and booked the venue on the spot.

We truly had the wedding of our dreams. Ten stars if we could.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/16/2018

Laid back, easy, and wouldn't change the day and would do it all again!

Jay and Abby are absolutely phenomenal. We picked them two years before our wedding. Meeting with Jay was so laid back and we knew instantly this was where we wanted to get married. I would definitely do the whole day over again, the same way! From recommending an awesome team to the fine details they do it all. We had a hiccup with catering a couple months before the wedding and they helped to get a new caterer and put your mind at ease about everything. Abby did an amazing job with floral arrangements and decorations and Jay was very accommodating to our scheduling needs. The venue itself is spectacular from the views to the way the event flows. I could not have asked for a better venue and couple to make our day perfect. They know what they are doing and make the day yours, no cookie cutters here.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Anna · Married on 06/09/2018

We worked with Abby at Maple Shade Farm for our decor and we absolutely LOVE what she put together. We did a Victorian-inspired garden party theme and Abby immediately understood our vision and was able to select the most beautiful pieces to create a totally unique look. Vanessa and Floyd worked on the set-up and they were so lovely to work with. Vanessa knew just what to do, and together they magically turned our park venue into a scene from "Downton Abbey". Our guests are still complimenting us on how beautiful everything looked! I remember looking around that day and thinking it looked like we stepped back in time, and that is in great part due to the beautiful decor and all of the special little touches from Maple Shade Farm. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

lea · Married on 06/09/2018

We have been putting off writing this review because we couldn't think of the proper way to express how amazing and perfect our wedding day and the entire wedding planning experience with Maple Shade Farm was. We first saw the farm in the dead of winter, but saw its beauty regardless, but we what really made the decision for us were the lovely owners, Jay and Abby.

We felt comfortable working with them from the very beginning, none of our interactions with them ever felt like a transaction. They were always extremely communicative and willing to bring to life the vision we had created, and were even willing to experiment with logistics that they hadn't executed before, all for us. Jay and Abby truly get to know you as a couple and make sure that your wedding is completely you. If you choose to work with Maple Shade, trust their judgement - we made use of their vendor list for the vast majority of our wedding vendors and couldn't be happier with our food, DJ, and rentals. The barn itself is so unique, and so unlike the normal cookie-cutter wedding venues, and the views and surrounding areas are gorgeous - it is truly the perfect venue if you are looking for a barn wedding.

On the day of, we didn't have to worry about a thing and felt safe knowing that our celebration, with all of its constantly moving parts, would be a success. We have had so many of our guests rave about how unique and beautiful our wedding was, and we couldn't agree with them more.

We already miss working with Jay and Abby and urge everyone who is considering getting married at Maple Shade Farm to do themselves a huge favor and just do it - you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Melissa · Married on 10/20/2017

“In Jay and Abby we trust" was a line my wife and I used on a weekly basis leading up to our wedding and we suggest you do the same. We got married on August 5th and it was everything we hoped for and more, and we owe it all to Jay and Abby. Maple Shade was everything we dreamed it would be, it was not only beautiful, but inviting and the PERFECT place to throw an epic wedding! To say Jay & Abby are attentive is an understatement, in the weeks leading up to our wedding they were there to answer our questions and then to help "talk us off a ledge" when the wedding stress started to get to us. They listened to our ideas and then built off them when it came to decorations, flowers, ceremony site, etc and really brought our vision of our wedding to reality and went above and beyond!! What truly makes MSF special is Jay and Abby. The warmth they bring in every interaction you have with them in addition to the obvious love they have for what they do and the couples they do it for, really creates something completely magical. This is not your cookie cutter venue, to even call it a venue would diminish just how special this place is. We absolutely loved working with them and wish we could do it all over again!! One piece of advice, whatever date they have open, take it! We moved our wedding up two months because of how much we fell in love with this place. 1,000 stars!!

Sent on 08/28/2017

James · Married on 09/16/2017

Jay and Abbey are wonderful! Maple shade farms is wonderful! This is truly a unique venue. I promise you our guests are sincere when they say this was the best wedding ever or top 5 and it did not cost a fortune. The barn, upstairs and down, the grounds and tent, the pond and mountains in the background! It's real, it's picturesque, it is perfect. Also, use their suggested vendors (especially Elena) everyone was amazing. They also made it so easy to plan. On Sunday we cried - not cause it was over - were so happy to have it behind us with the stress and because it went perfect - but because it was sad to not have reason to work with them! Please go up and see it and u will know what we are saying!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Chaz · Married on 09/09/2017

Maple Shade is a very special place. Stunning views, a unique venue and a team of people that will bring all of your wedding fantasies to life.

The venue is surrounded by sweeping hills with a pond in the back, offering so much in terms of visual beauty. We can go on and on about the venue itself, but we really want to focus on the people. Specifically, Jay and Abbey—the owners of Maple Shade.

First, both Jay and Abbey are absolute pros—we cannot emphasize this enough. Every single detail of our wedding was carefully thought through and crafted by this incredible duo. Trust them!

The process for bringing this to life could not have been more seamless. We chatted with Abbey a handful of times leading up to the wedding to give her a sense of what we were looking for and she shared back ideas on how to make it uniquely ours. Abbey delivered on everything we asked (even a balloon wall for our photo backdrop!).

On the day of the wedding, Jay and Abbey are like wizards orchestrating everything behind the scenes. They have their eye on everyone—from guests’ needs to catering staff and band. If ever anything popped up, Jay and Abbey were on it.

Beyond all of this, they are just simply wonderful people. For Jay and Abbey, our wedding day was not simply transactional. They were truly invested and put so much love and care into every single detail to make absolute sure it was everything we wanted. They poured themselves into our day, and they didn’t have to. These two wonderful people go above and beyond because they care. Our wedding meant something to them, and you cannot put a price on that.

At the end of our reception, when the last buses headed out, we shared one last drink and dance with Jay and Abbey, followed by a 4-person bear hug and a few tears. There’s no one these two. I hope you have the pleasure of experiencing this kind of love and care from your wedding team. And you will if you choose this magical place.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Josh · Married on 08/26/2017

What can we say? If we could give more than 5 stars, we would.

Of all the moving parts that go into making a wedding happen, securing the location was not just the most important decision, but also the first of many (which we found out). We shopped around over several months before deciding on Maple Shade. Struck with the beauty of the farm and the friendliness of Jay and Abby, we it was a no-brainer. When you drive up the side of the farm (If you haven't yet been), toward the top, the surrounding mountains just hit you. We basically decided on Maple Shade right then and there.

Once we set our date, we worked with Abby and Jay to get all of the details in order, of which there were many. To their credit, and with our gratitude, they were instrumental in helping make the day the best we could ever imagine. Everything from working with our DJ to make the music, ceremony, and speeches perfect, to Abby preparing the perfect flowers, to even helping make us 200 little jars of jam as a parting gift for our guests. We even had quite a few kids at our wedding. Solution? They basically set up a kid carnival on the property with a couple babysitters. And it worked wonderfully.

So to that, with much love and thanks, we highly recommend Maple Shade Farm!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Diane · Married on 08/19/2017

When my son and his fiancé booked this stunningly beautiful venue for their wedding, they said that the warmth, professionalism and dedication of the owners, Abby and Jay Wilson, made them feel very confident and excited about choosing Maple Shade Farm.
    Neither of our families live in the area and I was a bit concerned about logistics, but with guidance from Abby and Jay, the boys planned the wedding of their dreams.
    And both of our families would agree that every detail of the entire event was JUST PERFECT!!!
    Jay and Abby were always available to answer questions (even from the mothers of the grooms!) with patience and good humor. It's clear that they love what they do, and they were able to offer invaluable suggestions and support when needed. But mostly, they helped our sons create a day that was so filled with JOY!!! There was NO stress, even with a huge guest list and sit-down dinner, everyone was having a wonderful time.
    I wish there was a place to share photos because the transformation of the barn into a wonderland of twinkling lights and elegance was breath-taking. I cannot imagine a more memorable occasion than their very special wedding at Maple Shade Farm. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Kennedy · Married on 08/19/2017

Our wedding at Maple Shade Farm was everything we could have hoped it would be. I can't say enough about Jay and Abby. They're a force; not only did they ensure that all aspects of our wedding go smoothly, but their down-to-earth, calming personalities made us feel completely at ease. It should also be said that as two gay men, it was very important for my husband and I to find a wedding venue that made us feel safe and comfortable. Jay and Abby could not have been more welcoming, and really made us feel like they were a part of our family. Booking an event at Maple Shade Farm (which, by the way, is GORGEOUS) means having the privilege to work with two of the most capable, confident, and intuitive people in the industry.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Sara · Married on 07/08/2017

We are so happy with our decision to choose Maple Shade Farm as our wedding venue! We planned our wedding from the west coast and from the moment we had our first video tour of the property, we knew that MSF was the most perfect, magical location and that Jay and Abby would put so much heart into making our wedding day special! The venue itself is perfect! We loved being able to have the ceremony outside by the pond, take photos by the trees, enjoy the gorgeous dining room with beautifully handmade farmhouse tables, and let loose on the very large and fun reception space. We knew with planning long distance we wanted a space that felt unique, but didn't want to have to bring in the decor ourselves. MSF is brilliantly decorated and Abby really takes the time to get to know your style and help decorate accordingly. As much as the venue is truly magical, it was working with Jay and Abby that really made our wedding so special. Our wedding day was not without some hiccups (it poured right before the wedding) but everything was handled behind the scenes without us having to stress out at all. What you might not realize about MSF is that along with a beautiful wedding venue, you are getting expert planners and (let’s be honest) therapists in Jay and Abby. Every time we called with a question or concern, we were given thought out answers and advice. Jay was so instrumental in helping us plan everything from so far away! Not being local to the area we also looked to them for recommendations for most of our vendors and they never steered us in the wrong direction. We also used Abby for our flowers. She was happy to work within our budget and brilliantly turned our Pinterest board vision into a reality. We can’t say enough good things about Maple Shade Farm and Jay and Abby!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Edward · Married on 06/10/2017

We really enjoyed having our wedding at Maple Shade Farm. It lived up to our every expectation for a Old Country Style wedding. Ours, in particular, had a bit of an "Old West" twist to it and Jay and Abbie were able to help up achieving our vision of that theme. The barn is absolutely beautiful! All our guests remarked on how lovely the setting was.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams at Maple Shade Farm. The venue is unique and unlike anything I've seen elsewhere on the market. If I remember correctly the barn is restored from the 1800s but maintains all it's rustic, original character with minor tweeks and updates to accommodate event services (ex: one of the stalls used for animals was turned into a bar, a small service kitchen was added..etc).

With all it's rustic and raw charm, the barn needs very little in terms of decorations. String lights are already installed throughout the whole venue and the owners (Jay & Abby) have an impressive collection of antiques and accessories for you to personalize the space to your desire.

The venue offers everything you would dream of in a Catskill wedding: beautifully manicured lawns, rustic charm, a constant bonfire that burns through the night, rolling hills surrounding the space and seclusion for you and your party. I can't rave enough about this place. It is a hidden gem and we feel so lucky to be a part of the history the barn holds.

Jay and Abby (owners) could not have been better hosts. Their organization, style and guidance throughout the whole wedding process was impeccable. The barn is incredible but THEY are the key ingredient that made our experience absolutely perfect. Anyone who has the opportunity to share their wedding with them is very lucky.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Karina · Married on 08/20/2016

When we were still doing an online research of various venues in the Catskills, Maple Shade Farm stood out as the one we liked the most even just based on the pictures, reviews, location, etc. Unfortunately, when we initially contacted Abby and Jay, the venue was fully booked for the months we were considering for the wedding (and not surprisingly, as we were to later find out!), but since we were doing some scouting in the area, we decided to stop by and look at it anyways... And our minds were blown away! Set against the backdrop of mountains was everything we had envisioned: an old rustic yet elegant-looking barn, beautiful nature, low-key and cozy vibe, lots of space both inside and outside to let imagination run wild, and even an occasional handsome peacock making his way to the pond :) However, what makes this place stand out even more are the owners - Abby and Jay, - who kindly offered to open one of their generally unavailable weekends for our dream wedding exactly in the time-frame we were hoping for! Talk about flexibility! They both are extremely easygoing, laid back, yet professional and on point. Abby is the creative mind of the duo, and she put a lot of effort and time into understanding and then manifesting our colorful, bohemian wedding. They also provide a list of local vendors they have worked with and recommend, and we ended up working with some of them as well. Whenever times got stressful, Abby and Jay were there to ensure everything was under control and were there to take care of any "hiccups" along the way. The wedding went fabulously and smoothly, and a lot of it had to do with Abby and Jay's oversight and supervision. Abby can make any, and I mean ANY bride's dream come true! Looking back at the day we went to look at the place for the firs time, we now know it was meant to be. We highly, HIGHLY recommend Maple Shade Farm :)

Sent on 10/05/2016