Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering Reviews

31 Reviews for Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering

• Adam

Adam · Married on 11/10/2018

Affordable, delicious, friendly!

Affordable, delicious, and friendly! We could not have asked for a better caterer for our wedding weekend! We used Mangrove Mike’s not only for our reception but also for our rehearsal dinner – which we hesitated to do, but do not regret for a second!

We were so impressed with Mike during our tasting and his knowledge of the island – as well as his involvement. We met right after Hurricane Irma had ravished through the island, and his concern for his neighbors and his island was so genuine. We knew that we needed to be a part of the recovery effort – even if it meant just choosing to do business there!

The food was absolutely amazing from start to finish! Each and every person we worked with was kind, helpful, and prompt. From Amy who assisted with all of the details – including many of our rentals – and all of the service staff throughout the weekend. There was no better choice!

• Jill

Jill · Married on 09/21/2018

Great food! Great staff!

Mike & Olivia were extremely easy to work with from planning to wedding day. Their suggestions were right on. Despite being on a remote island with a torrential downpour Mangrove Mike's staff made it look easy (which I know it wasn't!) The food was delicious! The presentation was beautiful! The staff was professional and worked their butts off! Our guests are still raving about the key lime wedding cake!

Kris · Married on 07/04/2018

Mike was very involved and helpful through the entire process. His staff was professional and efficient. I could tell it's a family-like atmosphere between he and his staff. The food was delicious! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mangrove Mike's for anything, a single meal or catering.

Liz · Married on 05/19/2018

Perfect BBQ Reception in Key West!
    We had Mangrove Mike’s cater our wedding reception in Key West and were delighted with the outcome! We were looking for a casual backyard BBQ for 75 as this was the first time our respective families and friends got together. From the first contact with Amy to explain what we were looking for, to the on-site execution (Kelli and Mark at the helm), these guys did not disappoint. The atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for, and the food was FABULOUS!!! Thank you all who made this possible!! And the oatmeal raisin cookies got rave reviews - we had people asking for them the day after. We enthusiastically recommend these guys!!

• Jenny

Jenny · Married on 04/28/2018

Fantastic Experience!!!

My wedding was in April 2018, but I am just now writing a review...I had a fantastic experience using Mangrove Mike’s catering for my wedding. Right out of the gate, Mike was quick to set up a tasting and he pulled out all the stops. You could tell he really took pride in his food and in impressing his potential customers. I was so happy with the tasting that I booked with him right away. I went with four passed hors d’oeuvres for my cocktail hour. They were all amazing, but I got the best comments from guests on the BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp. For dinner I went with a plated mixed salad as well as a fish dish with mango salsa, a Greek chicken dish and a prime rib with carving station. All of the entrées were delicious and so were the sides that I chose. I found the staff of Mangrove Mike’s to be exceptionally professional, especially Amy Cornaire. She was my main point of contact after my initial tasting/meeting with Mike. Amy made sure that everything was taken care of flawlessly on my wedding day. My overall synopsis was that the food was great quality, the prices were reasonable, and the staff was 5-STAR! They went over and above to accommodate my special requests and to make sure that my event was a success. I would highly recommend them!

Valerie · Married on 01/13/2018

Mike did the catering for our welcome dinner (buffet style) and wedding reception (served hor d’ouerves and plated dinner). The paella is so good, and they make it in a giant pan on-site. Our wedding night, we did mahi and steak and got several compliments on how great the food was. Mike and his team were awesome! They made everything easy for us and worked with the party rental place to make sure everything was set up perfectly. They helped us pack up some leftovers we had from our welcome dinner, so we could enjoy them for days to come. He was on top of any concerns I had and personally came up to congratulate me and make sure everything was perfect on the night of. Highly recommend- great food, great people.

Sara · Married on 10/22/2016

Mangrove Mike's Café & Catering did a phenomenal job catering our wedding. He was very flexible and understanding with all of our questions and made sure the night was just perfect. The food was cooked on site so everything was fresh, hot, and delicious. Our guests were very happy as were we!

Mangrove Mike's did an excellent job catering our wedding. From beginning to end they were responsive and professional. The day of the wedding the guests commented on how awesome the food was and how great everything came out.

• Emily & Rob

Emily & Rob · Married on 11/21/2015

Food was AMAZING! The appetizers were delicious and I'll be dreaming of the conch fritters for weeks! Our buffet lunch was great, they forgot my rice pilaf and mixed vegetables so the only thing for vegetarians was the salad - but the food was sooo good that I didn't even realize that until the next day when my mom said something. The only thing we really wanted for food was a pig roast and Mangrove Mike's made that happen! They even came and got us before they carved it so we could see it in all it's glory (we cut the roast instead of a cake!) Mike himself was on site cooking and he and Jen and their team were absolutely top notch. My now husband said some of the food needed salt but he is a seasoning freak and almost always says that things need more salt and pepper. They boxed all the leftovers up for us so we were able to eat more fritters while going through our cards at night. Everyone I worked with from start to finish was incredible, easy to communicate with, helpful, flexible. I'd recommend them to anyone, anytime.

Nicole · Married on 09/19/2015

We had our dream wedding on 9-19-15 at La Siesta Resort. Mangrove Mikes was our caterer and they were beyond amazing. The quality of the food was A+ and their prices are very reasonable. Michelle helped us put together what we needed and even coordinated the rentals. We also hired the date of coordinator through them. Her name was Emily and she was on top of everything and made the day go by without any issues. If we're ever having a party in Islamorada again Mangrove Mikes would be our first call.

What a great team of people! We were very picky about the good with my husband being in the culinary field, but they definitely lived up to or expectations. The appetizers were to die for. The mushrooms were my favorite. As a bride you don't get to eat much but they made sure to bring over a plate full of appetizer for us to munch on while taking pictures. Thank you guys for everything. We love you!
    Mr. & Mrs. Wilson

Deana · Married on 10/24/2014

A special thanks to Michelle and Walt for making our wedding a success! The food was AMAZING and the service was superb! We would definitely recommend them for your event! - Deana & Randy Brandon

Stephanie · Married on 03/15/2014

Everyone at Mangrove Mike's Catering was absolutely wonderful! Michelle (coordinator) was on point! She made sure everything was perfect for our rehearsal dinner. The food could not have been any better. Everything was delicious and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend their services. Great team to work with!

Paige · Married on 03/08/2014

When you have every guest come up to you and rave about the wedding food you selected, you know you did something right. When every guest says that all aspects of the food experience were off the charts, you know the catering company is doing everything right!! We met with the catering company and had a pretty selective and diverse menu. We weren't sure if they would be able or want to do such a selective menu. Not only did they perform our menu to our exact needs, they knocked it out of the park. The staff was providing service with a smile.......and constantly looking to refill an empty glass or hand out there amazing apps!

We have had several inquiries about this company since our wedding....oh, just 5 days ago. A couple of specific guests were inquiring about there services throughout the South Florida.

To have the opportunity to get married in such a beautiful destination as Islamorada and be able to have Mangrove Mike's Catering deliver an amazing food experience.....was over and beyond our expectations.

This company didn't find happy customers......they have found RAVING FANS!!

Taylor · Married on 01/18/2014

Mangrove Mike and his staff recently catered our "Welcome Party" and wedding reception at the Coconut Palm Inn on January 17th-18th...the food and service were fantastic! We had 110 guests and we are still receiving complements on the food for both nights. We had a pig roast on Friday and a surf and turf buffet the night of the wedding reception. My fiancé and I actually took the time to sit down and enjoy our entire plate of food...that's how outstanding it was!

Mike was professional and timely throughout our entire contact with him before the wedding. We couldn't be happier with our choice. I highly recommend Mangrove Mike, his wedding coordinator Michelle, and his courteous staff. We are forever thankful!!

True story: The weather report a week before our wedding predicted chilly temperatures from 40-50 degrees on Friday and Saturday nights. Mike called us early in the week before our wedding and recommended that we get a tent in order to keep our guests comfortable and the food warm. We didn't want a tent...but ended up getting one anyway...per his suggestion. I am SO GLAD we followed his advice. The food was hot, our guests stayed warm, and the party went all night. Thanks to Mike, for going above and beyond to make our wedding a memorable event!

Emily · Married on 12/14/2013

Great food! Everyone was excited about the wedding food not tasting like "wedding food." Haha. Food was so good! Staff showed up early and always made sure to give me the low down of what was happening. The staff were so friendly and awesome! We used them for 3 separate days of the weekend we got married. We were very happy with them!

Samantha · Married on 11/16/2013

Mangrove Mike's not only did an amazing job on the food and presentation of food, the staff also picked up the slack of other vendors we had that completely dropped the ball. Everyone in attendance has commented on how great the food was and I could not be happier with how professional, helpful, and caring the staff was at our wedding! Thank you so much Mangrove Mike's for doing such an amazing job!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/09/2013

As very special thanks to Mangrove Mikes for an amazing evening. From the appetizers to the main course everything was just perfect! thank you especially to Mike for personally being there and making it an amazing evening. Thank you to Michelle and all the staff that evening. you made it a night to remember!

When I say best food in all of the keys I mean IT IS THE BEST! Mike was incredible working with us and the food was out of control delicious. Every single one of my guests made it a point to tell me how amazing the food was. The staff was wonderful, the food was just delicious beyond belief and Mike was just so awesome to work with. Whether you need a caterer for a wedding, party, or an office meeting MANGROVE MIKES IS THE WAY TO GO!

jenna · Married on 07/13/2013

We had mangrove mike's cater our wedding this July. Planning a wedding for florida when we live in CT was not easy but Mike and his team were amazingly helpful. They helped create the perfect reception dinner. Food was excellent and Laura was an amazing coordinator. I would highly recommend them for any party or wedding and hope to see them all soon!
    Thanks Mike!
    Scott & Jenna

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2012

I would definitely recommend Mangrove Mikes catering for a wedding. They catered our wedding in Marathon, Florida on November 3rd and everyone was very impressed by the quality and flavor of the food! Our wedding reception was held at a private house and Mike came with a truck where he cooked all of the food onsite. All of the hot food was hot and the cold food was cold, and it was defintely noticed and appreciated by our guests (and we had over 100 people)! Mike and Michelle were also flexible and helpful when selecting entrees and appetizers, which made planning a destination wedding much easier. (Thank you for the plates of appetizers that were saved for our very large wedding party - it was so nice to come back to after taking pictures and before we were announced! Very nice touch!) Thank you Mangrove Mike's!

Rebecca · Married on 05/29/2009

You definitely have to taste their food!!! We hired these guys to cater our wedding and were glad we did. Their food was delicious!!! They were also sweet enough to fix me and my new husband to go boxes (which we devoured after we left the reception!). They were incredibly sweet and went out of their way to help us in every way! I definitely recommend these guys!!!

Tracey · Married on 11/07/2015

Since we were from out of the area, we weren't able to attend a tasting, but no worries, the food was delicious!! We had skirt steak and fish grilled on-site it was nice and fresh. We also had delicious appetizers and enough leftovers to enjoy the next day when we were too exhausted to cook or go out.

As locals, we know Mangrove Mike's for the cafe, but few people know his ability to deliciously cater a 115 person wedding. And now, over a week after the wedding, that's all I'm hearing from our guests!

They're raving over the delicious cracked conch, the BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp, and the other very tasty items we chose for our menu, which was packed full of Keysy hor d'oeuvres and flavor-packed sides (with a chef cooking all the food fresh on-site). I am sad that my husband and I didn't take the time to actually sit down and eat during our event, despite the servers' efforts to get us to eat (we took home leftovers). The wait service was impeccable! The bar service was fantastic! Everything was great!

My only VERY TINY disappointment was that the cake and milk & cookies (cookie bar) were brought out late, so we had a lot of dessert leftover. But I didn't hear any complaints from any of our guests regarding that matter.

All-in-all, I would recommend Mangrove Mike's Catering over and over again!!