Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering Reviews

Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering 5
Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering 6
  • Alli

Alli · Married on 10/10/2019

Delicious! Best choice for our wedding reception!!

We were thrilled with the food and service from Mangrove Mike's! The food was delicious!! Could not have asked for a better reception dinner caterer. The service was excellent! They were so helpful with figuring out the perfect menu for the occasion and so very patient as our number kept changing. Food and service was on point. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/16/2019
    Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering 7
    Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering 8
    Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering 9

Shannon Penix · Married on 08/03/2019

High School Reunion

The Coral Shores class of 2009 held our 10 year HS reunion a few weeks back, and had the pleasure of having our catering provided by Mangrove Mike’s Cafe & Catering. Planning a reunion can be difficult, but the staff at Mangrove Mike’s made planning a breeze. Amy was extremely helpful, and very responsive to our needs. I would highly recommend using this company for your wedding, rehearsal dinner, or any other large gathering you may be planning. The food was great quality and there was plenty to go around. Thank you to the staff, and I hope to be able to use your services again.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Tina Morley · Married on 01/12/2019

Responsive, accommodating, all around awesome!

My husband and I hired mangrove mikes for our wedding in the keys. Us being from Ft.Lauderdale we didn’t know who to use for our keys wedding. From the very beginning Amy was very informative and responsed back to all of my questions in a short amount of time. For months we emailed back and forth. Mike was so awesome when we went in for the food tasting with our children. Talking to us, offering our oldest her own plate of pancakes. He really took the time to be with us and not treating us like just another customer. Mangrove mikes did our rehearsal dinner, buffet dinner and appetizers. Our guests couldn’t stop raving about the food. From the duck potstickers to chicken and waffle appetizers to the main dish of roasted pig and the morada style chicken. Everything was absolutely perfect! And of course open bar, which was also handled by mangrove mikes. I highly recommend to any bride or groom looking for a catering company who truly cares and gives you their all to reach out to mangrove mikes!

Sent on 02/05/2019
    Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering 10
    Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering 11
    Mangrove Mike's Cafe & Catering 12
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 01/12/2019

Fantastic service

Mangrove Mike's was so easy to work with and the food was fabulous. You won't regret hiring them for your event. They catered my wedding and it was perfect! The service was fantastic but they were also discreet. The servers were amazing and brought my new husband and I appetizers every chance they could get to us which was amazing because we were STARVING. Highly recommend Mangrove Mike's. They handled all our rentals as well as catering our wedding meal. The food in the Café is amazing as well!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Magdalena Moeller · Married on 12/08/2018

Best caterer ever

To say that Mike is the best is an understatement. There are no words to describe how hard this man and his incredible team works to make your event perfect.
    The food: absolutely DELICIOUS and our guests continue to rave about it. Note - you have to try the bacon wrapped shrimp skewers. And pretty much everything else :)
    The service: above and beyond. In short - it rained unexpectedly at our wedding and the staff was outside serving food with huge genuine smiles. As a bride, that made me feel so so much better about the situation. I was concerned and they dashed all my worries by just being happy to be there and serve us delicious warm food.
    Thank you Mike and team for making our wedding absolutely AWESOME!!!!

Sent on 12/22/2018
  • Ellen

Ellen Splain · Married on 12/08/2018

Mangrove Mikes is an amazing, friendly, and accommodating caterer!

I originally hired a caterer from the Ft. Lauderdale area, but they cancelled about 6 months before the wedding. I panicked initially, but then found Mangrove Mikes! I worked with both Mike and Amy to figure out the perfect meal that fit our budget and taste. Both are extremely flexible and accommodating, which was helpful and reassuring during the planning process. We also hired bartenders through Mangrove Mikes. When it came to the actual day, everything was perfect! We received so many compliments on the food, with many guests saying it was the best food they had had at a wedding. Service was prompt and the staff were friendly. I am also so grateful for the amazing bartenders!!!! They were fast and friendly, and on top of things throughout the night! Thank you Mike, Amy, and the entire crew!

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Bianca

Bianca Almaguer · Married on 11/15/2018

Phenomenal food and even better service!

We are so happy we hired Mangrove Mikes as our caterer for our wedding. They were very professional during the entire process and incredibly friendly and easy to work with. We met with Mike during our tasting and he even gave us suggestions that we wouldn't have thought of and good thing we listened to him, the food was phenomenal. Everyone at the wedding raved about the food, especially the taco bar!! We highly recommend Mangrove Mikes!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Adam

Adam · Married on 11/10/2018

Affordable, delicious, friendly!

Affordable, delicious, and friendly! We could not have asked for a better caterer for our wedding weekend! We used Mangrove Mike’s not only for our reception but also for our rehearsal dinner – which we hesitated to do, but do not regret for a second!

We were so impressed with Mike during our tasting and his knowledge of the island – as well as his involvement. We met right after Hurricane Irma had ravished through the island, and his concern for his neighbors and his island was so genuine. We knew that we needed to be a part of the recovery effort – even if it meant just choosing to do business there!

The food was absolutely amazing from start to finish! Each and every person we worked with was kind, helpful, and prompt. From Amy who assisted with all of the details – including many of our rentals – and all of the service staff throughout the weekend. There was no better choice!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 09/21/2018

Great food! Great staff!

Mike & Olivia were extremely easy to work with from planning to wedding day. Their suggestions were right on. Despite being on a remote island with a torrential downpour Mangrove Mike's staff made it look easy (which I know it wasn't!) The food was delicious! The presentation was beautiful! The staff was professional and worked their butts off! Our guests are still raving about the key lime wedding cake!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Kris · Married on 07/04/2018

Mike was very involved and helpful through the entire process. His staff was professional and efficient. I could tell it's a family-like atmosphere between he and his staff. The food was delicious! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mangrove Mike's for anything, a single meal or catering.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Liz · Married on 05/19/2018

Perfect BBQ Reception in Key West!
    We had Mangrove Mike’s cater our wedding reception in Key West and were delighted with the outcome! We were looking for a casual backyard BBQ for 75 as this was the first time our respective families and friends got together. From the first contact with Amy to explain what we were looking for, to the on-site execution (Kelli and Mark at the helm), these guys did not disappoint. The atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for, and the food was FABULOUS!!! Thank you all who made this possible!! And the oatmeal raisin cookies got rave reviews - we had people asking for them the day after. We enthusiastically recommend these guys!!

Sent on 06/07/2018
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 04/28/2018

Fantastic Experience!!!

My wedding was in April 2018, but I am just now writing a review...I had a fantastic experience using Mangrove Mike’s catering for my wedding. Right out of the gate, Mike was quick to set up a tasting and he pulled out all the stops. You could tell he really took pride in his food and in impressing his potential customers. I was so happy with the tasting that I booked with him right away. I went with four passed hors d’oeuvres for my cocktail hour. They were all amazing, but I got the best comments from guests on the BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp. For dinner I went with a plated mixed salad as well as a fish dish with mango salsa, a Greek chicken dish and a prime rib with carving station. All of the entrées were delicious and so were the sides that I chose. I found the staff of Mangrove Mike’s to be exceptionally professional, especially Amy Cornaire. She was my main point of contact after my initial tasting/meeting with Mike. Amy made sure that everything was taken care of flawlessly on my wedding day. My overall synopsis was that the food was great quality, the prices were reasonable, and the staff was 5-STAR! They went over and above to accommodate my special requests and to make sure that my event was a success. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Valerie · Married on 01/13/2018

Mike did the catering for our welcome dinner (buffet style) and wedding reception (served hor d’ouerves and plated dinner). The paella is so good, and they make it in a giant pan on-site. Our wedding night, we did mahi and steak and got several compliments on how great the food was. Mike and his team were awesome! They made everything easy for us and worked with the party rental place to make sure everything was set up perfectly. They helped us pack up some leftovers we had from our welcome dinner, so we could enjoy them for days to come. He was on top of any concerns I had and personally came up to congratulate me and make sure everything was perfect on the night of. Highly recommend- great food, great people.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Sara · Married on 10/22/2016

Mangrove Mike's Café & Catering did a phenomenal job catering our wedding. He was very flexible and understanding with all of our questions and made sure the night was just perfect. The food was cooked on site so everything was fresh, hot, and delicious. Our guests were very happy as were we!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Mangrove Mike's did an excellent job catering our wedding. From beginning to end they were responsive and professional. The day of the wedding the guests commented on how awesome the food was and how great everything came out.

Sent on 05/26/2016
  • Emily & Rob

Emily & Rob · Married on 11/21/2015

Food was AMAZING! The appetizers were delicious and I'll be dreaming of the conch fritters for weeks! Our buffet lunch was great, they forgot my rice pilaf and mixed vegetables so the only thing for vegetarians was the salad - but the food was sooo good that I didn't even realize that until the next day when my mom said something. The only thing we really wanted for food was a pig roast and Mangrove Mike's made that happen! They even came and got us before they carved it so we could see it in all it's glory (we cut the roast instead of a cake!) Mike himself was on site cooking and he and Jen and their team were absolutely top notch. My now husband said some of the food needed salt but he is a seasoning freak and almost always says that things need more salt and pepper. They boxed all the leftovers up for us so we were able to eat more fritters while going through our cards at night. Everyone I worked with from start to finish was incredible, easy to communicate with, helpful, flexible. I'd recommend them to anyone, anytime.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Nicole · Married on 09/19/2015

We had our dream wedding on 9-19-15 at La Siesta Resort. Mangrove Mikes was our caterer and they were beyond amazing. The quality of the food was A+ and their prices are very reasonable. Michelle helped us put together what we needed and even coordinated the rentals. We also hired the date of coordinator through them. Her name was Emily and she was on top of everything and made the day go by without any issues. If we're ever having a party in Islamorada again Mangrove Mikes would be our first call.

Sent on 10/06/2015

What a great team of people! We were very picky about the good with my husband being in the culinary field, but they definitely lived up to or expectations. The appetizers were to die for. The mushrooms were my favorite. As a bride you don't get to eat much but they made sure to bring over a plate full of appetizer for us to munch on while taking pictures. Thank you guys for everything. We love you!
    Mr. & Mrs. Wilson

Sent on 04/17/2015

Deana · Married on 10/24/2014

A special thanks to Michelle and Walt for making our wedding a success! The food was AMAZING and the service was superb! We would definitely recommend them for your event! - Deana & Randy Brandon

Sent on 10/27/2014

Stephanie · Married on 03/15/2014

Everyone at Mangrove Mike's Catering was absolutely wonderful! Michelle (coordinator) was on point! She made sure everything was perfect for our rehearsal dinner. The food could not have been any better. Everything was delicious and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend their services. Great team to work with!

Sent on 03/30/2014

Paige · Married on 03/08/2014

When you have every guest come up to you and rave about the wedding food you selected, you know you did something right. When every guest says that all aspects of the food experience were off the charts, you know the catering company is doing everything right!! We met with the catering company and had a pretty selective and diverse menu. We weren't sure if they would be able or want to do such a selective menu. Not only did they perform our menu to our exact needs, they knocked it out of the park. The staff was providing service with a smile.......and constantly looking to refill an empty glass or hand out there amazing apps!

We have had several inquiries about this company since our wedding....oh, just 5 days ago. A couple of specific guests were inquiring about there services throughout the South Florida.

To have the opportunity to get married in such a beautiful destination as Islamorada and be able to have Mangrove Mike's Catering deliver an amazing food experience.....was over and beyond our expectations.

This company didn't find happy customers......they have found RAVING FANS!!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Taylor · Married on 01/18/2014

Mangrove Mike and his staff recently catered our "Welcome Party" and wedding reception at the Coconut Palm Inn on January 17th-18th...the food and service were fantastic! We had 110 guests and we are still receiving complements on the food for both nights. We had a pig roast on Friday and a surf and turf buffet the night of the wedding reception. My fiancé and I actually took the time to sit down and enjoy our entire plate of food...that's how outstanding it was!

Mike was professional and timely throughout our entire contact with him before the wedding. We couldn't be happier with our choice. I highly recommend Mangrove Mike, his wedding coordinator Michelle, and his courteous staff. We are forever thankful!!

True story: The weather report a week before our wedding predicted chilly temperatures from 40-50 degrees on Friday and Saturday nights. Mike called us early in the week before our wedding and recommended that we get a tent in order to keep our guests comfortable and the food warm. We didn't want a tent...but ended up getting one anyway...per his suggestion. I am SO GLAD we followed his advice. The food was hot, our guests stayed warm, and the party went all night. Thanks to Mike, for going above and beyond to make our wedding a memorable event!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Emily · Married on 12/14/2013

Great food! Everyone was excited about the wedding food not tasting like "wedding food." Haha. Food was so good! Staff showed up early and always made sure to give me the low down of what was happening. The staff were so friendly and awesome! We used them for 3 separate days of the weekend we got married. We were very happy with them!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Samantha · Married on 11/16/2013

Mangrove Mike's not only did an amazing job on the food and presentation of food, the staff also picked up the slack of other vendors we had that completely dropped the ball. Everyone in attendance has commented on how great the food was and I could not be happier with how professional, helpful, and caring the staff was at our wedding! Thank you so much Mangrove Mike's for doing such an amazing job!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 11/09/2013

As very special thanks to Mangrove Mikes for an amazing evening. From the appetizers to the main course everything was just perfect! thank you especially to Mike for personally being there and making it an amazing evening. Thank you to Michelle and all the staff that evening. you made it a night to remember!

Sent on 11/13/2013