Mandy Makeup Artistry Reviews

Mandy Makeup Artistry 7
  • Zoe

Zoe Clauson · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfection

Mandy was so great to work with from the beginning with the trial. She is so much fun and truly wants you to look your best while also still feeling like yourself on the big day. I was pretty picky with my makeup and she never made me feel like I was being obnoxious. Mandy was a very welcome addition to our morning and felt like one of us, not just a vendor. I would 100% hire her again and have already recommended her to future brides.

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/28/2019

Natural Wedding Day Make-up

Mandy did an amazing job! I was a little worried about getting my make-up done for my wedding day because I don't wear a lot of make-up in general. But, Mandy made my face look flawless and natural.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2019

Natural look from a great makeup artist

Amanda did my and one bridesmaid’s makeup at my wedding. We were both so happy with her work! From the beginning of the planning process, Amanda was very responsive. I reached out after I saw the natural looks she had created - it was exactly the style I wanted for my wedding. She was available the morning of my bridal shower for the trial, and i loved the look she created for me! She was able to travel to the wedding venue at a not-fun time (we met up at 7 am on a Sunday) and did such a great job! The makeup held up very well throughout the day. Overall Amanda is so talented, with the fun, relaxed personality that is a must for wedding prep :) her rate is very reasonable as well, especially for the high quality of her work.

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 10/12/2018

Everything I was looking for!

What a great experience working with Mandy for my wedding last week. I like having my make up done but I am uncomfortable with a LOT of makeup. So I did my trial first and it went really great. When the big day came she was early and ready to go. I had all my bridal party done as well and we all looked natural glam! I made some small modifications from my trial and I think she nailed exactly what I wanted. I felt done up for my wedding but not overdone which in my opinion is hard to find. Even my sister who does not wear makeup was comfortable with her makeup. Big win right there.

Book her! You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Mandy Makeup Artistry 8

Kelley · Married on 09/29/2018

Mandy was a dream to work with. Personable, amazingly talented and the warm-hearted kind of person I found myself just wanting to hang out with for hours. A true gift, great value and beautiful inside and out. You will not regret for one second booking her.

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Mandy Makeup Artistry 9
  • Maggie

Maggie Savant · Married on 09/22/2018

Mandy = Makeup Artist Lifesaver!!

Mandy was my wedding makeup lifesaver!!! After two unsuccessful trials with different vendors, I was just about ready to make the decision to do my own makeup for my wedding (which I was pretty bummed about) when I found Mandy. I reached out to her and within 30 minutes, she responded to me and we scheduled a time to talk through the obvious details (date, location, wedding party size, etc.), but what impressed me more was...she wanted to hear all about my concerns with the other trials, talk through her process (to make sure it meshed with mine), and get to know me! After talking to Mandy, I was instantly reassured and had a great feeling about her. So, my mom and I scheduled a trial with her...and it went perfectly! Third time was truly a charm. Mandy was so welcoming and friendly. Not to mention, such a PRO. She recapped what we had talked about over the phone (so, I knew she really cared and took my concerns to heart) and then went through the application process step-by-step to make sure we were happy with the look/color selections along the way. I was elated and booked her on the spot for my wedding day…and, she did not disappoint. In fact, she blew my expectations away. I think the wedding day makeup outperformed the trial, which I didn’t think was possible. I am BEYOND grateful for Mandy and her incredible talent. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and I recommend her to any bride looking to achieve a beautiful, classy, timeless look for her most special day…just like Mandy did for me :).

Sent on 01/15/2019

Crystle · Married on 09/21/2018

She was so down to earth and welcoming! 10/10!!

She was absolutely amazing! Amanda went through every detail at my trial and then exceeded my expectations on my wedding day! She is a fantastic artist! I highly recommend her for any event!! She made my big day one I’ll never forget!

Sent on 01/09/2019
    Mandy Makeup Artistry 10
    Mandy Makeup Artistry 11

Laura · Married on 07/27/2018

Perfectly amazing!

Yes, she was amazing. For someone who does wear any makeup, she knew exactly how to help me find a wedding day make up look, that didn't look over the top. She is so kind and easy-going. Love having her as my make up artist for the big day.

Sent on 01/13/2019

K · Married on 06/30/2018

Mandy Makeup Artistry was extremely wonderful to work with. She was responsive and flexible when I was inquiring about her services and availability, and the work she did went beyond satisfaction. The morning of my wedding day, she was prompt, brought an assistant to help with our large bridal party (6+me and my mom),and she stayed right on track with our timeline. She also has a wonderful and fun personality, which added to the excitement and enjoyment of the day. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Megan · Married on 06/02/2018

I felt so comfortable and confident the day of my wedding, thanks to Amanda! She respected my wish of having more natural makeup and it turned out so well! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a personable, reliable, and qualified makeup artist.

Sent on 10/04/2018

april · Married on 04/27/2018

Amanda is very professional in handling her business and her dedication shows in her work! After my trial I was feeling great, although not used to wearing a full face. Amanda reassured me that my wedding makeup would look natural, just a little extra. My wedding day came, when my makeup was finished I again felt a little not myself. Amanda asked if she could adjust anything to make me feel more comfortable. I described how I liked my brows and little different and she changed them. And bam!! I felt amazing!!! I would definitely recommend Amanda to anyone looking for a professional and fun makeup artist!!

Sent on 05/04/2018
    Mandy Makeup Artistry 12
    Mandy Makeup Artistry 13

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2018

Amanda was wonderful! When I was looking for a makeup artist, I was very excited to learn she was available for my date. Not only did she get back to me quickly with her availability, but she was very polite (and fun!), upfront about costs, and her overall branding with website was very professional. Although it may be tempting to try and save costs by going with a friend for make-up, it really made so much of a difference having a professional like Amanda there. She was on-time and prepared, she was able to work with all different skin tones for my bridal party, and she made my make-up look so nice (it looked great the whole night!). I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Mandy Makeup Artistry 14

Kayla · Married on 03/23/2018

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with beautiful Mandy from start to finish! I was looking for a professional, detailed, caring & enthusiastic makeup artist and that's exactly what I got with her and more. She made everything very understandable and comfortable for me. We had an amazing makeup trial before my big day and I instantly knew she was perfect, everything from her personality to her makeup skills. She TRULY wants to give you exactly what you are looking for and is also patient and sweet along the way. Mandy, YOU ARE THE BEST & I'm so thankful I found you for the most important day of my life. xoxo

Sent on 04/12/2018

lynn · Married on 12/16/2017

Amanda Surwillo of Mandy Makeup is an amazing artist. She understood my skin needs as an older woman and the makeup she put on me for my event was natural in appearance and beautiful. I loved my experience with her and anyone needing to look fabulous for any event should definitely see Amanda, I love her!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Mandy Makeup Artistry's reply:

You're so sweet Lynn. Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad I can make woman feel beautiful and every age.

Parneet · Married on 12/16/2017

Amanda did such a great job and made look absolutely beautiful I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Lisa · Married on 12/09/2017

I was having trouble or finding a MUA for my wedding, nothing was working for me and I was getting frustrated. A friend recommended Amanda and I booked her for a trial ( it was for my bridal shower ) and I loved it! She was super accommodating and flexible too. My wedding day wasn’t without it’s hitches, but Amanda was professional and helped the day move along smoothly. Thanks Amanda!

Sent on 01/27/2018

Mandy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much girl! I love with my friends suggest m and I'm able to make you happy. And of course you were beautiful on your wedding day as always!

Morgan · Married on 09/30/2017

If you are reading this review to see if you should book Amanda then I will tell you right now, DO IT! I found Amanda by looking up vendors on The Knot and then stalked her social media for a minute to see her work. She definitely needs to post more of her work because she has a great talent. Not only for makeup and making people look beautiful but she is very calm and makes people feel comfortable. She brought in extra help since we were on a tight time schedule (very important to stay on time, brides!) and Genna was just as amazing. All of my bridesmaids and mother looked beautiful and the best thing was everyone's makeup lasted the whole night. Included in her fees were false eyelashes for every person and a little gift for the bride (I've used my compact mirror everyday)! Book Amanda, you will not be disappointed. Cheers!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Mandy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Morgan! You are so amazing!

Mel · Married on 09/23/2017

Thank you so much Amanda for making me look so beautiful on my wedding day. We all looked beautiful and you were able to recreate all of our reference photos. So grateful

Sent on 01/23/2018

Mandy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thanks girl! My pleasure as always!!! ;)

Shelby · Married on 08/12/2017

Amanda was amazing!! She traveled to my venue on my wedding day, she was on time and fun to be around. She made me and all my bridesmaids look and feel beautiful. Our makeup lasted all night! Thank you for everything Amanda.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Mandy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you! My pleasure I love helping woman feel beautiful! You’re awesome.
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/27/2018

Good job with wedding makeup

Mandy did a great job with mine, my mom's, and my bridesmaids makeup! She was priced well compared to others' in the area.

Sent on 10/04/2019