Mancini Entertainment / Music Doctors Reviews

103 Reviews for Mancini Entertainment / Music Doctors

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2017

3.2
      1.5

Rich is a super nice guy. True Italian and we got along well. Only complaint is he did not play a lot of our requested songs and seemed to cater to the older crowd, which wasn’t the best for our wedding of mainly 25-50 years old. We asked twice during the wedding to play different music and he didn’t seem to switch it up much which resulted in a fairly empty dance floor... even during the garter toss!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Mancini Entertainment / Music Doctors's reply:

Yes, I did change up the songs so that the guests who had been sitting song after song could dance to something and to have a bride come up to me immediately during the song and say "quite playing this old sh*t" was a very selfish thing to do.
    I want every guest to enjoy the event, after all, didn't they travel to get here, bring a gift, maybe hotel & rent a car....time to grow up.

Kendall · Married on 10/19/2013

2.8
      3.0
      3.5

I did my research and found all the amazing reviews on the Mancini's and went with them for my wedding. Unfortunately I didn't get an actual Mancini and instead someone else that they hired. I definitely didn't have a great experience at my wedding so I would recommend that if you do hire them make sure you get a Mancini. My DJ was lost, kept asking me what to do, and the sound was off the entire night. As far as the song choices he listened to what I had asked for so that was great but wished I had a little more energy.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Grant · Married on 04/13/2018

2.2
      3.0
      1.0
      2.0

I think it's important to get this review out there, because what you're told you're getting is not exactly what you get with this deceitful DJ. Rich performed my sister's wedding and things seemed to be going great until a week before the wedding, at which point he informed us that he refused to play the requested last song because it was "too vulgar." There are a few things wrong with that behavior:

1. Why did he wait until the last minute to tell us this? This is clearly a red flag, but we weren't able to find a replacement on such short notice.
    2. It's not his wedding, we're purchasing his DJ services, why is it ok for him to veto our music choices?

After informing us of this restriction, we asked him if there were going to be any other songs he refused to play, because most popular songs these days are explicit in some form or another. He told us that he wouldn't block any others. It turns out he said this because he ended up playing severely edited versions of popular music, which sounded terrible. In what world is the word "sex" vulgar? This man is clearly projecting some misguided beliefs onto his audience, to their detriment.

And if that wasn't enough, he had the gall to call out one of the groomsmen about "bailing out" on the best man speech. The groomsman wasn't the best man (there was no best man), and he wasn't going to make a speech in the first place. We have no idea where Rich got this into his head, but he embarrassed the groomsman who then felt obligated to come up with something on the spot. Just really shamefully behavior on Rich's part.

If you want a decent level of production for a G rated wedding, you could probably do worse than Rich. But if you're an adult that likes to listen to music unedited and would prefer the DJ keep his silly opinions to himself, you should steer clear of Rich Mancini.

Sent on 04/14/2018

Mancini Entertainment / Music Doctors's reply:

I think it's important to get MY response out there, because what you're being told is not exactly correct.
    First, like any professional DJ, I don’t prepare my playlists till a week before the wedding; REASON: changes occur: i.e., bride hears a new song & changes her special dance, bridesmaid line-up changes, groomsmen is sick & can’t attend, etc. Makes sense.
    I don’t think the word “sex” is vulgar, however I DO think “pull out my long, hard pink d&%k”, “get some pussy” & “if you don’t have pussy, stick it in a booty” pretty trashy content for a class wedding especially for the Last Dance which all will be tuned into.
    "I" should have taken this as a RED FLAG !! They DID select another song.
    And I do play Radio edits as most DJ's do and they are not horrible sounding. If a B&G want unedited versions, they must clear that with that venue and I will accommodate.
    As for the toasts, I am told beforehand by the B&G who will be toasting. I don’t just make up timeline items. So in going up to him, he was caught off guard so here I am with a wireless mic in front of the guests looking foolish like I don’t know what I’m doing, when In fact, the B&G are clueless,,,and I would never say on my mic someone had “Bailed out”…
    I am a contracted vendor at this Venue & I have a responsibility to that venue’s reputation. If it’s a house party etc, no problem, but I will make sure that these are explicit requests by the B&G.
    And lastly, "my sister's wedding"???. ..it wasn't his/her wedding either ..was this person so put off... !!!?
    99% or our reviews are great, but you can’t please everyone.
    I’ve spoken with the venue’s mgr, their other preferred DJ’s and we are all in agreement.
    …………………Thank you for taking time to read this.