Maliha Creations Reviews

95 | Charlottesville, VA

95 Reviews for Maliha Creations

Joel · Married on 07/30/2011

For our wedding we had a combination of a small two-tiered cake and then 100 different cupcakes of two different flavors. Anita was very responsive in listening to our requests and designing a cake that matched perfectly with how we envisioned our wedding. Everything was excellent.

Sent on 08/23/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Congratulations Joel and Kim! I saw your pictures and everything looked so beautiful. Keep in touch and I will see you next year :)!

Virginia · Married on 07/03/2011

Anita is wonderful to work with. She has great ideas and is flexible. I enjoyed getting to know her and the cake was lovely and delicious.

Sent on 10/03/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Virginia. Hope you and Pat are enjoying life! It was my pleasure to work with you both!

Kally · Married on 07/02/2011

Anita not only created the perfect cake for our wedding, but was there for us throughout the process. She gave suggestions and guidance when I was unsure of what I wanted. She was welcoming, cheerful, professional, organized and prompt. I would highly recommend Maliha Creations.

Sent on 09/23/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Kally, I loved working with you and your Mom...and the day after the wedding I met your lovely sister :). Best wishes for a wonderfully happy married life!!!

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

Our wedding cake from Anita was a showstopper! The design was just gorgeous, and she did a wonderful job of listening to our vision for the reception and cake, and incorporating it into a true work of art. Perhaps more importantly, it was delicious... an excellent balance - neither overwhelmingly sweet nor too rich to eat more than a few bites, but just perfect. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/23/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Katie, you were a delight to work with...from your charming personality to your wonderful smile...I enjoyed every minute. Thank you for your kind review and I will see you for your first anniversary cake!

Marjorie · Married on 05/28/2011

Anita exceeded our expetations in every catagory and especially in a catagory not mentioned......inventiveness. She was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/14/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Marjorie...it was fun, thrilling, nerve-wracking and all in all an absolutely wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing Maliha Creations!

Phyllis · Married on 05/07/2011

Anita made a fantastic baby show cake for me. I gave her my idea and the finished cake was past my expectations.

Sent on 05/24/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Phyllis! I enjoyed working with you...lots of love to you and your family during this wonderful time!

Alex · Married on 03/12/2011

Working with Anita was amazing. Our wedding cake was delicious, and looked great. We chose a vanilla cake with mango curd and fresh raspberries. The cake was a masterpiece. We met with Anita once, and everything else was done via phone and email, and she still managed to capture our idea perfectly.

Sent on 04/04/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you for your review, Alex and Mary! I enjoyed working with you and your wonderful families...best wishes on a blissful married life!

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2011

Anita is so talented. Her cakes are amazing as well as delicious. She is delightful to work with!

Sent on 05/16/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer! I love making cakes for your children! They always push me to think outside the box! Thank you for choosing Maliha Creations!

Michelle · Married on 03/07/2011

Maliha Creations made a most beautiful and delicious cake for a baby shower that I hosted recently. The theme was nursery rhymes and the decorations - from the cow jumping over the moon to the dish running away with the spoon was all simply amazing!! It was the talk of the shower and a very memorable cake for the 1st time mom - to - be! It was so beautiful that we hated to cut into it, but we were all glad that we did! Fresh, sweet strawberries was one of the highlights! Thank you, thank you for a very memorable and tasty cake! It was truly a work of love and art -- from the outside - to the inside!

Sent on 03/22/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Michelle! Loved making such a fun shower cake :).

Leslie · Married on 10/02/2010

We especially liked the wonderful tasting in such a lovely, welcoming atmosphere. And everyone raved about the cake topper and cupcakes. Thanks

Sent on 10/04/2010

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Leslie! Enjoy your trip!

Rosanne · Married on 09/18/2010

Anita was so pleasant and easy to work with and her cakes are both elegant and delicious. If you conduct a tasting with her you can find out for yourself, and the quality of cake and service is the same on your wedding day as it is at the tasting.

My family and friends raved about the rehearsal dinner grooms cake and could not wait to taste the wedding cake. They were definitely not disappointed- they were fabulous!

I also applaud Anita for her quick turnaround on our grooms cake. It was really a very last minute decision on my part and I gave her minimal information to complete it, but she did a wonderful job.

By far, her service and responsiveness of the vendors I met with in Charlottesville was the best. I attempted to meet with 4 different vendors in Charlottesville, not really knowing what to expect. One was not able to meet me. However, I found that the other 2 did not have the same quality of cakes, tastings, or general profesionalism.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! I enjoyed working with you both...and thanks to Jeff for designing such an awesome new logo!

Christine · Married on 09/05/2010

Anita created a new flavor of cupcake to reflect my daughter's two shelter dogs named Bailey and Guiness - the Guiness stout chocolate with Bailey's buttercream icing! She is a delight to work with and all our guests raved about our rooftop cupcake tower! My new son-in-law especially loved the personal touch of a breakfast cupcake tasting a few weeks before the wedding! Bravo Anita and thanks so much!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you for the review, Christine! Always a pleasure to create something new!

Claire · Married on 08/28/2010

We were thrilled with our beautiful wedding cake -- it was EXACTLY what we wanted, and everyone raved about it. It was so delicious the entire thing was eaten!

Sent on 09/30/2010

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Claire! Loved working with you both!

Tina · Married on 07/23/2010

Anita was not only great to work with but also produced a beautiful, delicious wedding cake. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/29/2010

Rolonda · Married on 06/19/2010

WOW!! You have to see her cake creations personally to believe it! And our wedding cake was no different! Beautiful! And the taste? Light, fluffy cake with light icing--made from scratch! Just right for a hot, summer wedding! As the bride and groom, we had to have slices saved for later as we weren't able to eat our slices right then, and all of the cake was gone by the end of the evening.

How the designer comes up with the idea and the ability to put the abstract idea into physical form is just amazing! We have been honored to have Maliha Creations design and create one of her original ideas for us for our wedding day!

Thank you so much for making our wedding so memorable!!

Ro and Joe

Sent on 07/07/2010

Lori · Married on 06/05/2010

Anita of Malhia Creations was a joy to work with - her cakes are delicious and created with such professionalism and creativeness!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Heidi · Married on 06/05/2010

Anita made us the most wonderful cake for our wedding. She worked with us for months on the design and helped us create exactly what we were looking for. just before the wedding, she checked the weather and knew our buttercream frosting wouldn't hold up in the heat that was forecast for our wedding day so offered to cover it in fondant for no extra charge in order to accommodate the outdoor reception. She worked with us to create a beautiful cake that was probably the most delicious cake I've ever eaten! All of the guests raved about the taste and when the cake finally succomed to the heat and fell (after we cut it), everyone gathered around it with their forks to eat it off the cake table so it wouldn't go to waste! It was so good! Everything about our experience with her was wonderful. We are so happy we went with her service and would highly recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 07/01/2010

Seamane · Married on 06/03/2010

Not only is Anita an amazing baker and undeniable artist with an obvious passion for what she does, but she is also a truly wonderful and fun person to get to know! She clearly wants to deliver a cake that her client will love and was extremely patient with us, considering that we had only the vaguest idea of what we might want. She was accommodating, timely, and generous, and perhaps most important of all, her cakes are indescribably delicious. Seriously, ours was the best cake I have EVER eaten (and I've tried a lot!). We sent guests home with her cupcakes, and I have received a ton of emails from my friends ever since, saying how incredible the cupcakes were and lamenting that they didn't take more of them home. I plan to order more cakes in the future from Anita every chance I get, and I would (and do) encourage others to do the same. You will *not* be disappointed!

Sent on 06/21/2010

kendra · Married on 05/30/2010

First of all, let me say that Anita is AMAZING. I grew up in an Italian home, with a grandmother who lived through the depression, who drilled into my head that it is best when its homemade. I bake everything from scratch using fresh ingredients - and was so excited to learn that Anita does so too. It really does make a difference.

The cake tasting was incredible - Anita gives you various flavored cakes, fillings, and frostings to try, allowing you to mix and match until you find the flavors you like best. We chose two: a sourcream almond cake with raspberry preserves filling and raspberry buttercream icing, and a lemond cloud cake with fresh sliced strawberries for filling with vanilla butter cream frosting.

The cake tasting was one of the best parts of planning our wedding, and all of my guests loved the cake. It was fresh, moist, flavorful, and DIFFERENT. How many weddings have you been to that have served the same standard carrot, chocolate or vanilla cake?

Anita was always prompt to respond to any questions, easy to work with, and gave us a few different ideas for the final decoration, all of which were fabulous. The best part is we get a fresh top tier for our first anniversary instead of the dreaded frozen one you save. We are already looking forward to it!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Erin · Married on 05/08/2010

Anita at Maliha Creations is amazing. We met with her prior to making our decision as to who would bake our cake and the decision after meeting with her, seeing samples, and tasting the flavors was easy. Anita is extremely professional and responsive. We had a few ideas for our cake but weren't set on any ideas and needed a little guidance. She had great ideas and examples to create the modern cake we were looking for while still considering our budget. After discussing what we wanted, she even drew up a few designs to send over so we knew exactly how it would look. She was extremely flexible when our numbers changed a bit and the size cake she recommended for us turned out to be perfect. We also wanted to incorporate gluten free cupcakes for some of our guests at the last minute and she did this with ease. She had them decorated to match the cake and even included the same flavor palet (lemon cake, raspberry filling, whole raspberries, and vanilla buttercream); they looked and tasted amazing and our guests really appreciated the extra thought. I have to say that with planning a wedding, Anita made it extremely seemless with her quick response time, helpful suggestions, and amazing talent. We would highly recommend her to all of our friends and family and will hopefully have another event soon to celebrate with a Maliha Creations cake!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Sally · Married on 04/23/2010

Truly extraordinary. Our cake was for a special event. It was amazing in every way.....delicious, creative, artistic and beautiful, and most importantly, enjoyed by all. I could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 04/26/2010

Jessica · Married on 12/05/2009

Anita was WONDERFUL to work with from beginning to end. The tasting experience was fun- my mother and I sat in Anita's front room of her cozy house and tried several of her cakes and frostings, which were all amazing. I was very happy with our final choice! The cake and fillers were delicious, and the artistry of the cake design was impeccable. Anita even sent me an email on the day of the wedding to say that she had delivered the cake, and that all was well. Wonderful service!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Sent on 01/22/2010

Jane · Married on 10/17/2009

Maliha Creations provided a groom's cake that reflected not ony the groom but also his new bride, thanks to the designers input and ideas. The cake was delivered on time, looked fabulous and tasted great too!

Sent on 10/23/2009

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2009

Gorgeous cake! Anita was easy to work with and open to our design requests and alterations, offered excellent service, and was very friendly! Our cake was perfect and our guests were thrilled. Thanks!

Sent on 10/22/2009

Elena · Married on 09/20/2009

Anita was an absolute delight to work with and was very flexible in creating the specific cake we desired for our wedding...including different ingredients she does not typically use. The cake was a hit at the reception...delicious and lovely. We highly recommend Anita at Maliha Creations!
    Elena and Drew