Maliha Creations Reviews

95 | Charlottesville, VA

95 Reviews for Maliha Creations

Anita was absolutely fabulous to work with and her cakes are so amazing. All our guests commented on how yummy her cake was! I couldn't have been happier with the way our cake turned out!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Liz · Married on 04/26/2014

Working with Anita was fun from the very beginning. We started off meeting her at an early morning tasting in her beautifully designed consultation room in her house. The tasting was so much fun and the cake was to die for— we knew right away we had to book her.

She ended up making 3 types of cupcakes for our wedding, a beautiful cutting cake, and a cake for my dad's birthday. Everything tasted SO amazing and looked so gorgeous. I somehow didn't have time to eat any cake at our wedding.. but my diet consisted of cake everyday after our wedding because it was soooo good I couldn't get enough!! Her prices are super reasonable especially for the level of service you get. Anita is a kind, generous person who loves what she does.

Thank you Anita!!!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Liz! Loved working with you :)! Your wedding was fabulous and I am so lucky to have been a part!

Lindsay · Married on 10/26/2013

It is hard to believe that my husband and I will be celebrating our first anniversary next weekend! It feels as if we were just at Trump Winery saying our I do's! As our wedding anniversary nears, I want to thank Anita again for her fantastic service and delicious wedding cake/cupcakes! Almost a year later, we still have wedding guests commenting on how delicious our cupcakes were! Everyone enjoyed them and not one cupcake was left over! Not only did our cake/cupcakes taste delicious, the presentation was also exactly what I had envisioned and beautiful! I could not have asked for a better baker and am so extremely happy that I found Anita and Malihas Creations! From the time you meet Anita and do a wondering tasting with her, to the day you are enjoying your wedding cake, you will not be disappointed with her services! I highly recommend Maliahs Creations! Thank you!!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Logan · Married on 05/26/2013

Incredible. Everything about our experience with Maliha Creations was incredible. When I saw her cakes first in a magazine and then online I knew I wanted to work with Anita to create the perfect cake for our day. We started with a tasting and it was a truly relaxing experience that gave us the opportunity to put together the right flavors for our cake (almond cake with amaretto mocha and vanilla buttercream!). There were so many options available to us, without a cake tasting we wouldn't have known what to choose! Then Anita and I worked together to design the outside of the cake to mimic the fabric and color of my dress. The result was amazing! The cake was gorgeous and completely delicious! It was exactly what we had hoped for, and more. We can't wait until our one year anniversary when we'll enjoy a fresh tier from Anita (no need to freeze the top of our cake!).

Sent on 07/10/2013

Maliha Creations's reply:

Logan, it was such a pleasure to work with you...thank you for sending over all of the pictures and the colors for your cake. We really enjoyed making a "dress" cake and such a spectacular dress it was...I loved the tea length style and you rocked it. I look forward to the rest of your pictures and seeing you next year for your anniversary!

Maliha Creations was amazing! When we went to our first cake tasting we booked her on the spot! We had other appointments but the cake was so good and she was so cool and down to earth we decided on the spot that she was the perfect person to make our wedding cake! I had a specific vision in my head of what I wanted and she delivered it exactly how I wanted if not better! I couldn't be more pleased with our wedding cake and it was soooo delicious! All of my wedding guests were ranting and raving about it!
    Thank you so much Anita!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Maliha Creations's reply:

Ahhh...what a glorious wedding and a beautiful bride. Thank you so much for letting me have a small part of your big day...gotta admit it is always nerve-wracking working with fellow vendors who are the best in the industry, but I am thrilled you were happy. I hope to see you both before your anniversary!

Ellie · Married on 05/04/2013

Anita from Maliha Creations was absolutely wonderful! From the cake tasting to the finished product, it was all so much fun working with someone so creative and talented. I would absolutely recommend her services to anyone! I had her make the grooms cake which was a sailfish to mimic one he caught on a trip to Guatemala as he is such a fisherman. It was an absolute HIT!! It was AMAZING! So perfect it looked fake and I had a hard time believing it was a cake!! Not only beautiful, but DELICIOUS!! Everyone LOVED the cake!! My wedding cake was also incredibly beautiful! The elegance of the ruffles and the gum paste flowers, all remarkable. I would use her over and over again without reservation!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Ellie! I loved working with you and Jack...so fun to do the surprise sailfish cake :). I now know more than I ever thought I would about the anatomy of one ;)! I look forward to seeing you both around town...please keep in touch!

Our wedding cake was delicious. She was able to accommodate making each tier a little different. And we can't wait to have our new top for our anniversary (since I'm not sure we even remember eating much of the cake at the wedding)!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. I look forward to seeing you next year for your fresh anniversary tier!

Sally · Married on 04/13/2013

Maliha Creations did a phenomenal job! From the tasting to the delivery to the absolutely stunning (and delicious!) cake, every facet of getting just the right cake was a pleasure. Initially we considered other options instead of a tiered cake, but decided a cake is a focal point for the reception both in terms of decor and timing. Should you decide on a cake, rest assured that Maliha Creations will do a beautiful job. Anita listens carefully to what the bride says and is very in tune with current trends as well. Our cake was very elegant; our guests definitely noticed it! Thank you, Anita!!

Sent on 04/20/2013

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Sally! What a beautiful weekend it was. I so enjoyed working with you on Lacy's wedding...she has magnificent taste and I am thrilled we could incorporate all of her ideas into the cake!

Alison · Married on 08/25/2012

Anita was incredible to work with. She is professional, creative, and aims to please. Our cake was not only beautiful and exactly what we had envisioned, but it was also delicious!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Alison, it was so wonderful to work with you :). I am so happy you were pleased with your cake. I appreciate you putting your trust in me with the unique design and flavor! I wish you and Dave a beautifully happy married life!

Laura · Married on 07/28/2012

Every part of working with Maliha Creations was smooth and easy, not to mention the cake was absolutely delicious. I would be pleased to recommend Maliha Creations to anyone looking for a wedding cake master!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Laura...it was such a pleasure to work with you. Love your style!

Jackie · Married on 07/27/2012

Anita was extremely professional and personable. She worked with me to come up with some unique ideas and helped me settle on my husbands and my final decision. It was a pleasure working with her!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Jackie, it was a pleasure to work with you. I loved all of the beautiful and sunny yellow accents in your wedding...and you were such a lovely bride. I do look forward to seeing you next year!

Love love love Anita! I wanted to be a little different for my wedding and infuse lavender into my cupcakes and frosting. She was so accommodating and provided me the most amazing tasting cupcakes. She was very responsive to e-mails and phone calls and was just an all around delight to work with. You can't go wrong with her!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you for your sweet review! If I could review you, I would say, coolest bride ever! I heard you were a total champ with what the weather threw your way. Congratulations...I saw the pictures and it all looked amazing! See you next year..xoxo!

Kimberly · Married on 06/23/2012

Our wedding cake and groom's cake were perfect! We are so excited that Maliha Creations will make a new top tier for our first anniversary. Anita was great to work with!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Kimberly! What fun it was to create that GIANT rugby ball to surprise Ryan :)! I loved working with your family and I wish you lots of love and happiness. Keep surprising each other...xoxo.

Anita made an amazing groom's cake for my husband. She was so easy to work with and even helped me trick my husband into trying all the cake flavors without knowing it was for his surprise cake!! She was not only flexible about delivery, but she was always easy to get ahold of and was happy to make suggestions to make the cake perfect! I really am so glad I went with her!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Oh it was so fun to trick him into thinking it was a birthday cake! So glad he had no idea and was surprised :)! Thanks again for choosing Maliha Creations for the helmet, jersey and CHEESE!!!

Caroline · Married on 06/16/2012

Anita was wonderful to work with. We had an amazing experience with our tasting where we were able to take time as a couple and privately decide on our choices (all of which were delicious). Anita was not only responsive through email, but willing to work around our schedule and delivered our cupcakes and cutting tier to our venue right when she promised. The set up was beautiful, and she used the pieces I had left her to add to the decor of the cake table. Her cakes are moist, buttery, and delicious--everyone loved them! We couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Caroline, it was so wonderful to work with you :)! What a fabulous weekend for your wedding...everything came together so beautifully. Of course, I am so thrilled you enjoyed the cupcakes :).

Valerie · Married on 05/19/2012

Maliha Creations did a wonderful job on our cakes. We had both a wedding cake and a Groom's cake and couldn't have been more happy with them. Not only did they look appealing, but they tasted wonderful too. Anita, went above and beyond and even added sirens and lights to our Groom's cake firetruck. The look on my husbands face when he saw his cake was priceless. Anita, is very professional and was very helpful with everything, from picking flavors, coordinating colors, down to every detail. I highly recommend her for any occasion. Thank you so much, Anita.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Valerie, it was my pleasure to work with you and Brandon...I loved getting creative with your fun cakes and am thrilled that Brandon was surprised :). Please keep in touch!

Ginny · Married on 05/12/2012

The architectural features of the cake were outstanding and it also was delicious. We received lots of compliments on the cake.

Sent on 05/27/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Ginny! Loved making a Rotunda for Austin and Whitney :)!

Simply put, Maliha Creations was awesome. We did several cake tastings on the same day, and our first was at Maliha Creations -- which set the bar VERY high for our other tastings.
    Anita invited us into a beautifully appointed tasting room, and served us a variety of cakes and frostings that we were able to mix and match, along with coffee and water. She suggested some "customer favorites" in terms of pairings, as well as additional mixtures that she could create based on our personal preferences after talking with us.
    We didn't have anything specific in mind when we met with Anita, so we were really looking for some guidance and/or to be inspired by something irresistably delicious, and Anita managed to meet and surpass both expectations. We ended up with a several-tiered cake. Two tiers were Red Velvet, cut into three layers with cream cheese frosting on the outide and kahlua-mocha frosting in the middle. The other tier was a yellow cake with raspberry frosting and a lemon curd interspersed between the layers. Guests were so torn as to which was their favorite! Both types of cake were so good that there wasn't a single piece left at the end of the night - which is definitely unusual for most weddings that I've attended. And for cake that delicious, I was shocked at how reasonably priced it was! After the cake tastings we thought "we'd love to use Maliha Creations but I bet it's really expensive" -- when we got the price proposal it was a no-brainer! The value was amazing.
    If the amazing cake wasn't enough to win us over, however, Anita's friendliness, guidance, positivity, and responsiveness really sealed the deal for us. She was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process, and even accomodated a last minute request to change the design of the cake (specifically the way the outside frosting was decorated).
    I cannot recommend Maliha Creations highly enough - I would use them again in an instant!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Courtney and Don, it is so wonderful to hear from you :)! Thank you so much for your kind review..the feeling is mutual...I loved working with you both! I will definitely see you next year for your anniversary!

Annie · Married on 11/05/2011

My husband and I tried a couple of different bakers before meeting with Anita from Maliha Creations. The other bakers were very solid options, and we assumed it would be a difficult decision. But after the first bite, we knew that we wanted Maliha Creations for our wedding cake.

All of Anita's cake flavors are fantastic. Even though my husband and I were pretty sure we wanted a lemon cake (which we did end up going with), we were almost swayed by several other options. They were so tasty! No matter what you choose, your guests will end up loving your cake. My mom told me afterward that she made a point to try some and ended up sitting down to finish the whole piece.

Also, Anita's cakes are true works of art. Our wedding was library-themed, and Anita was able to incorporate our love of books into the cake design while still keeping the look elegant and chic. It was so impressive. Anita is so creative and also extremely pleasant to work with.

We have a piece of our wedding cake in our freezer for our first anniversary. Personally, I can't wait to have another bite!

Sent on 11/23/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Hi Annie and Walt! It was my absolute pleasure to work with you both! Your joy for life and love for each other could light a whole room :)! Oh, and about that piece in the freezer...why wait an entire year?!?! Go ahead and dig in...you get a fresh anniversary tier at your first anniversary! Love to you both!

McKinley · Married on 10/15/2011

I will most definitely recommend Maliha Creations in the future. Anita was so personable, easy-going, willing to brainstorm options with you, and honest. I brought a picture of a cake that I loved and she helped me design one based off the picture but totally unique for our day. She was also very realistic about the size of the cake for the guest list. Oh yeh did I forget to mention how yummy the cakes are?!! We had a trio of cakes in different sizes and shapes: almond cake with chocolate buttercream and carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting. Delicious! We cannot wait for our first anniversary cake- NOPE we dont have to bust out a frozen one from the freezer. We in fact get a brand new one!!!! Thank you Anita!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

McKinley, what a fun wedding and wedding cake! I loved that you wanted to do something totally different with your cake. I wish you both lots of joy as you take on the new adventure of a married couple! See you next year!

Massie · Married on 09/24/2011

The Rotunda cake that we got from Anita has been the focal point of so many complements about the wedding. It was spectacular! In addition, Anita was a pleasure to work with and the cake was delicious!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Yaaay, Massie!!! What a glorious wedding...I loved all of the details and the gorgeous venue! Just spectacular. Can't wait to see your professional pics! Best wishes to you and Ben! Thanks for the review!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/10/2011

We definitely recommend Maliha Creations for your wedding cake/cupcakes! We chose to have cupcakes to complement for our BBQ dinner at our reception and we were so glad we did. Anita at Maliha Creations let us choose three different flavors and all three were incredible. I had worried that cupcakes would look too casual, but Anita's flair and artistic abilities made what could have been an ordinary cupcake display really pop with color and the effect was just gorgeous.

I rarely eat the cake when I attend weddings, and I was concerned that as the bride I would be too nervous and/or full to enjoy more than the first bite for the photographer. Instead, I had 2 entire cupcakes myself because they were so wonderful! Several of our guests told us later that they even had one of each flavor because they couldn't stand not trying them all!

Anita is easy to work with and happy to meet special requests. Any wedding will be lucky to have Maliha Creations as the confectioner!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Elizabeth and Brad...what a delight to work on your wedding! Thank you for including us on your big day...we had a wonderful time and wish you lots of happiness during this new phase of life!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 08/27/2011

Anita was the absolute best! She was so great to work with and really helped us incorporate special details into our cakes. She was great about communicating throughout the entire cake-making process and making sure we got exactly what we wanted. The wedding cake was beautiful and delicious and the groom's cake was a HUGE hit. She made a cake of the Rotunda with figures of us on the steps (since that's where we got engaged). We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Tiffany and John...what a fun wedding you had! Your wedding was such a delight...so well coordinated without theme overload...I loved all the little details and was happy to incorporate them into your cakes! Thanks for choosing Maliha Creations!

Bethanie · Married on 08/20/2011

It was such a pleasure to work with Anita!! We had the most amazing experience from start to finish working with Anita. She really made the cake tasting special and was willing to work with exactly what we wanted for our cake. We had a NYC themed wedding and she pulled off the most creative, perfect cake for the theme!! Our guests raved about the cake and said how it was one of the best wedding cakes they have ever had! I highly recommend Anita if you want the best!!!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Bethanie, I cannot wait to see your pics! I loved the sneak peeks of your NYC photobooth. It looks like you moved the big city of lights into our little 'ville!!! Congratulations to you and Scott and I look forward to seeing you next year!

Megan · Married on 07/31/2011

Anita Gupta was extremely gracious about working with an out-of-town couple planning a Charlottesville wedding.

She created a beautiful, unique design based on the item we offered her for inspiration - a banner of papel picado, the traditional Mexican wedding decoration.

The business was easy to conduct, and the cake looked and tasted utterly wonderful. I recommend Maliha Creations to everyone!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Megan and Tlaloc, I love working on weddings such as yours. A piece of history, a taste of the culture...thank you for trusting me with this unique and delicate design!