Makeup Mavens on Location.com Reviews

15 | Royal Oak, MI

15 Reviews for Makeup Mavens on Location.com

Carolina did an awesome job on with daughter's wedding makeup. She was very in tune to my daughter's "look"! She listened attentively and executed professionally making sure all were pleased with the results. My daughter was seeking a very specific look and Carolina really came through, easing her anxiety. Carolina's communication was top notch. She went above and beyond in creating a memorable day for all!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Thank you so much for your comments. Yes... we do aim to emulate the look that the bride has in her mind's eye! We're happy that you are happy! Have a terrific New Year and give us a call whenever you need us!

Marissa · Married on 07/12/2014

Carolina and her crew were amazing. I did my trial on the day of my shower, and Carolina was able to give me a great idea of what I’d look like on the day, and then promptly adjust my makeup slightly so I would not look overdone for the more casual event.
    On the big day, she and her staff took input from me on general colors and look, and went from there, and they were able to get all seven of us looking absolutely stunning. One of the stylists was even able to get my mother, who rarely wears more than a tiny bit of eyeshadow and was somewhat gun-shy even as she was sitting in the chair, loving her final look. Carolina herself did final touch-ups on everyone, and our makeup stayed flawless all day, despite the heat and the hours we spent outside taking pictures.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Hi Marissa! You and your entourage are featured on my personal calendar. Love the Superheros shot....You were amazing! Stop by Salon Cardon and visit with us. We'll be happy to see you again. Happy New Year to you and your hubby!

Carolina was Amazing! She new exactly what I wanted for my big day! She gave me a natural look with a little pazazzzz! She brought out my natural beauty and made me truly look like a bride! My Husband was so surprised and happy to see me he said he's never seen me look so beautiful!

Carolina was also a life saver. My hair got completely destroyed by the wind and she fixed it for more pictures! I owe her big time!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Thank you for the review. You were so kind to invite me to your reception. Happy I was there to perk up your hairdo...lucky I'm a hairdresser too. Ha! You know we always go above and beyond. Stop by our Brides to Be Shows for the season.... we've been selected as official Hair & Makeup Stylists. Pop on by.....regards to your entire family. Thanks again

Michelle · Married on 05/24/2014

I would love to thank you to Carolina with makeup mavens on location she drove over a hour to do my and my daughters and my makeup on the holiday weekend of her wedding she is a true artist in her self she made my daughter look so beautiful on her special day. And we both got told that we look like we were sisters and look like Barbie's .she even helped the other girls with a few things on their makeup with no extra charges to us or them shame on all you people who don't call her she make you go from ugle duckling to beautiful swan in mins I will be sure to call her for all my important things that I have coming up to do my makeup .she is amazing ,on time, and makes you look beautiful . I will be call her for all my important things because she has no problem driving over an hour away to do our makeup and no extra charges for coming all that way .Thank You Again Carolina you are amazing ....... Thank You Michelle Reynolds of Clyde TownShip, Michigan.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Michelle! Makeup Mavens is known to pay back to the community and do "Nice" things every once in a while. You came across as a really caring and loving mom, and yes, we know that there are not too many airbrush makeup artists in your area. So... we took a vacation day and popped over to do what we love to do.... Make every face a work of art. And... your daughter looked amazing in the pictures. She is featured on one of our videos. Check it out here on Wedding Wire. Also... we wish you the very best for 2015. Thanks again.
  • Sara2746

Sara · Married on 03/15/2014

One word: AMAZING! Carolina is the most talented, fantastic and genuinely caring stylist I have had the pleasure of working with! (I am a photographer... so I have worked with several!) She worked miracles for both myself and the ladies of my family.
    Being a bit of a low maintenance lady, I didn't understand the value of professional hair and make-up until I spoke to Carolina. Thank goodness I listened to her! I have never felt so stunning in my entire life. From my hair, to my veil placement, to my flawless airbrush make-up... it was beyond perfect. She also did wonders with a few ladies with what I thought was "problem hair." My mother, with very thin, fine hair looked stunning with a full beautifully done Audrey Hepburn-esque French twist. My 17 year old niece, who had chopped, dyed and fried her gorgeous, curly red hair beyond recognition, had smooth, soft curls in no time because of Carolina. There simply isn't a way to thank her enough. I will be using her again, without question.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Thank you Erin...Yes.. you were hard to convince at first, to think that you were going to do it yourself to save money. Yikes! So happy you changed your mind and were happy with the final results. It was a fun time at the Detroit Athletic Club. Best to you and your husband.
  • User4737838 · event on: 01/18/2015

Carolina was absolutely wonderful. She conducted a private session for me and my girlfriend in my home. We loved that she taught us about skin care using home products and our make-up using items that we already own. We were amazed when she shared her age - we thought she was 15 years younger!!!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Thank you so very much! It was a fun event, I was happy to teach you how to use products & tools to emphasis, highlight and bring out the best of your individual features. Should you need any other assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to help you! Carolina

Malak · Married on 09/28/2013

Carolina did such an incredible job with my makeup for my engagement session as well as my big day. She really listened to what I wanted and delivered big time; I looked beautiful and natural. Carolina is very experienced in her field, you can see that after just spending a few moments with her. She went above and beyond to accommodate me, as well as my wedding party. The air brush makeup looked stunning and she did a great job at making my wedding makeup look unique and not exactly the same as my engagement makeup. I highly recommend her. I have never loved my makeup more!

melanie · Married on 07/20/2013

Carolina did a fabulous job on my wedding party and made me look and feel like a princess!!! I loved how I looked and my husband kept telling me throughtout the night how beautiful I looked! I was highly satisfied with MakeUp Mavens, how efficiently they worked and would recommend them to to anyone!!!!!

MaTesha · Married on 04/26/2013

It was actually my sister's wedding and I hired Carolina for the event. Carolina provided makeup services for the bride (my sister), my nieces (flower girls), my mom (mother of the bride) and myself (maid of honor). She did a wonderful job with the application of all our makeup. Everyone looked absolutely wonderful. Carolina is a pleasure to work with and a true professional. Everyone was truly satisfied with their makeup. The entire night we all received complements on how gorgeous we looked and that everyone loved our makeup. I would recommend Carolina to all my family and friends. I definitely plan to use her services again, and again. The bride ( my sister) went for a trial run but the rest of the party did not. Carolina is a joy to be around and she comes prepared for any and everything!!!!!!

Kourtney · Married on 10/20/2012

Me and my bridal party, (9 of us) had our hair and make-up done by Carolina. Everything was amazing! I couldn't believe how fast she was able to do everyones hair and make-up. My bridal party had all brought pictures of how they wanted their hair and Carolina matched it to perfection!. My whole day was unbelievable and i cherished the time i had getting ready with my best friends, chatting and sipping champagne all while Carolina made us look beautiful. I highly recommend her!

Mary · Married on 06/29/2012

Carolina provided hair and make-up services for me (the bride) and my sisters and my neice. She did a completely wonderful job and was such a pleasure to work with. When my sisters and I are together and we talk about the wedding, someone always comments on how much they enjoyed being with Carolina and what a great job she did. She was on time and very helpful with advice. I was wonderful that she met us on location which made everything so much easier. I strongly recommend her services.
    *Note: My sisters and neice did not do a trial run before hand like I had done, but she was able to do their hair and make-up to perfection right on the spot!

Naqui · event on: 11/15/2014

Loved your professionalism and frank opinion. Loved your advice on make up tips too. The make up and hair significantly enhanced her features and brought the pictures to life. Thank you so much, and wish you all the best in the future.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Every client I have is treated as an individual. With that said, I try to give tips and suggestions that they can utilize in their daily life as well. I'm pleased that you found those tips valuable. Please keep us in mind for any other event you may have. Waterhouse and Makeup Mavens always work a notch above the rest, I think you agree. 8)

Kelsey · Married on 11/01/2014

Finding a makeup artist for my destination wedding in Michigan, being from Chicago, was a challenge. I had very specific ideas in mind of what I wanted as far as the eyes and then, after going through more than three trials, I found I wasn't happy with the contouring and all of those other "above and beyond" makeup techniques that I don't do everyday but wanted for my wedding! Then came my trial with Carolina....and I knew I had FINALLY found my match. And this is not to say you couldn't go totally natural, but the different tones really highlight your features and contour your face to look really incredible in photographs. Carolina listened to exactly what I wanted when it came to my eyes and worked to get as dramatic and sultry as I was looking for, without being a standing smoky eye. As we worked through makeup on the day of, I was able to make comments and she was ready and willing to add and make changes so that I was completely happy with my BEAUTIFUL makeup. She was great at taking my Pinterest pics and bringing them to life with her own expertise. Also, I loved the fact that she provided a sample lipstick and gloss for me to touch up for my pictures and throughout the evening - all complimentary for the bride and MOB. I will definitely go back for any special occasions and am working to set up a makeup "how-to" for Carolina to help me with my everyday look. Definitely recommend and from my research, the pricing was good and well worth the services.

• User4720400 · 2+ years ago

Carolina was amazing, she took care of all of the Groom's side family females. My mother of 80 years looked fabulous (not made up, just beautiful) everybody else was looking gorgeous, even me who showed up with a blasting migraine looked good.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Thank you for your kind response. How could I forget you! Your mother was a blast to makeup, her reaction was film quality material. Yes.. you didn't look pale or sick at all after our session. I'm certain your photographs all turned out beautiful! Best to you and yours.
  • User4620410 · 2+ years ago

2.2
      2.0
      2.0
      2.5

We have known of makeup mavens for a while as friendly acquaintances but hadn't had an event to use them for until my wedding. My trial makeup looked completely different from my wedding makeup. I paid for a trial, because I wanted the peace of mind and same look for my wedding. I was under the impression that she wrote down everything I liked at the trial so there wouldn't be any issues on my wedding day. Wedding day -- I felt like a clown with heavy liner (that was removed once she remembered I didn't like heavy liner) and colors that weren't used at my trial. I didn't make a big deal about it because I didn't want the extra stress and panic 90 minutes before I walked down the aisle. I was very happy with the airbrushing foundation and eyelashes, but essentially used my own products and eyeshadow colors when I got back to the hotel. I was dissapointed that none of my trial makeup was used (other than the airbrush color) because I'm not sure she had the same journal with her with my notes. The products are great and probably worth the price... Just didnt think I would have to take notes on my own trial or I would have! N

Sent on 12/19/2014

Makeup Mavens on Location.com's reply:

Thank you for your input. Brides go through many changes prior to their wedding day makeup. Sometimes, changes in hair color, sun tanning and makeup trials that are performed on sunny or cloudy days will influence the color selections that a makeup artist ultimately uses. I'm happy you were pleased with the foundation and the silk lashes. Although I corrected the mishap with the liner, I extend my apologies. My regards to your grandmother who is so very dear to me! Best wishes to you and your hubby! 8)