178 Reviews for Makeup & Hair by Shilpa

Airbrush Makeup (6)
Consultations (4)
Licensed (1)

I already knew I was going to use Shilpa Bc of
The amazing job she did for my sister’s wedding. Working with her was so easy and it was so nice to not have to stress about how my hair and makeup was going to look. She worked with the kinds of looks I wanted and they turned out exactly how I envisioned. I’ve never felt as pretty and glamorous as I did during the wedding weekend and it made me feel so confident and happy. I would recommend her to any bride to be without hesitation. You’ll be so happy you hired her!!!

Photo for Makeup & Hair by Shilpa Review - Reception
Photo for Makeup & Hair by Shilpa Review - Wedding ceremony
Profile Picture Nikki, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked Shilpa after seeing her work on Instagram. I liked that she had talent ranging from very natural looks, to full glam. I definitely prefer natural looks and appreciated that as I think it's harder to find these days!

I live out of town, so my first trial with her was after I had booked her. I ended up doing a totally different look for hair and makeup compared to my trial. After playing around with a heavier smoky eye look during the trial, I realized I wanted a spring-ier, fresher look for my daytime outdoor wedding. I appreciated Shilpa's input along the way as I asked her what she recommended. I also appreciated her day-of suggestions that she provided if I asked. She was never pushy in the slightest, and just super easygoing.

For the Mehndi, I didn't really have any guidance for her other than that I wanted a natural look with a pop of glam to differentiate it from the more classic look I had in mind for the wedding. She just kind of did her thing, and I looved it. I'm not usually one for colored liner (cobalt blue in the waterline) AND glitter, but she made it work and it really was perfect with my Mehndi outfit. And it was totally different from the next day.

For the ceremony/reception (same look), she based the look off of photos I had, and it went really smoothly. I got a lot of compliments on the dupatta pinning she did, too. My look was great and lasted from around noon to after 2am when our after-party ended! And I was able to let down my up-do for the after party and had curls.

Shilpa and her team were on time both days, and I loved her sweet, upbeat personality. She was pretty much the first person I saw each day (vendor-wise) so it was a great way to start the day.

I felt so beautiful both days and was so happy with my looks!

Profile Picture Nageen, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

I can't say enough about how amazing Shilpa was throughout all of my events! She did a phenomenal job on my hair and makeup!! She delivered above and beyond on my vision for each look!

Profile Picture Mira, 3/10/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Where do I start! Having my wedding hair and makeup done by Shilpa was an absolute dream come true. I had known about her work for years and when it finally came time to take my pick, I knew I definitely needed Shilpa by my side! She’s professional, timely, warm-hearted, friendly and so so patient. Shilpa also quickly understood my vision for each event and made me feel like a queen and look my absolute best for all 4 events. She is also very flexible and caters to each brides wishes, just perfectly; I had most of my bridal party split outside of my home and Shilpa and her team showed no issue in accommodating these needs. Overall, everything went just as planned and I was one time for all events! My experience with Shilpa didn’t end there, I loved my looks so much for my own events that, my mom and I also booked her for my brothers events, a few short weeks later!

Profile Picture Urvi, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I have literally been fangirling over Shilpa and her work for a few years now and knew a long time ago that she was the one I wanted to have when I become a bride! Shilpa made me feel like I was the most beautiful I could possibly be for every single one of my events! I left every look up to her on how she wanted her art and creativity to look on me. I completely trusted her and every look blew me away with how beautiful and different they were from one another. Shilpa and her team were so patient and accommodating to all of the crazy madness that was going on during this weekend! I highly recommend Shilpa! She is so understanding, easy-going, calm, sweet, fun, accommodating, so much more; what more could you ask for on your big day?! I will be raving about her and her work for a long time to come!

Profile Picture Aisha , 5/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Dress & Attire
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Couple of years ago, I had seen the kind of work Shilpa did and immediately became obsessed and fell in love with her work. I told myself that the day I got married, I WILL be using her. Soon enough, never thought that time would have came but it did. I was super excited to work with her and gave her the freedom to do whatever she wanted with my makeup looks, but also gave her ideas of inspiration on my hair looks. The whole weekend of my wedding, she made me feel so beautiful like a princess and I loved all the looks she created with me. Everyone complimented me and said that I looked like a goddess and a princess, and it felt AMAZING. Not only that, but her team also did a beautiful job with hair and makeup looks with my mother and bridesmaids. Shilpa and her team accomplished exactly what I had asked for, but even better. Shilpa, I can not thank you enough for giving us your quality of work and professionalism to create such beautiful looks, but also for being so friendly and kind during the whole process. I would recommend Shilpa to everyone and anyone, because she is honestly the BEST.

Profile Picture Hena, 5/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

She did so great, I loved it!! The makeup lasted all day long :)

Profile Picture Remya, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shilpa is amazing!!! I highly recommend using her for any event. I used her for two different looks for my wedding and she did an incredible job. My sister also got her hair and makeup done by Shilpa and had nothing but great things to say about her. She listens to exactly what you want and delivers it. She also has great suggestions and gives advice when needed. Shilpa is super sweet and was very easy to work with. She even traveled out of state for my wedding and is super flexible and accommodating. Will definitely be using her again in the future for other events!!

Profile Picture Reema, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Shilpa is amazing at what she does! I used her for three complete different looks for my wedding and each one turned out fabulous! She is super sweet and takes the time to listen to exactly what you want and helps get you to your perfect desired look!

Profile Picture Asha, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shilpa is a true and fantastic professional makeup and hair artist. Her work is breath taking and her ability to perform any type of makeup and hair style you want is truly amazing. She has done my hair and makeup on several occasions and each time she listened carefully to what I wanted, whether it be simple/clean to glam/fabulous. Every time people have seen me with my hair and makeup done, I receive tons of compliments and praise on her work. She is so sweet and talented and I highly recommend booking her for your special events. She is super responsive to all questions and really cares about her clients and making their special day the best ever.

Profile Picture Vicky, 3/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shilpa is a kind and considerate person that takes the time to get to know her clients wants and needs. She is amazing at her craft and is true master of her art. I was very fortunate and blessed that Shilpawas able to to do my makeup and made me feel like a Princess for my wedding and reception. She is also a woman of many talents. She was a saving Grace to me especially my wedding day when I needed much assistance on my final touches for my wedding outfit. I'm forever grateful for meeting Shilpa. I wish her all the success and God's blessing. Thank you again Shilpa! Sharda Pandya.

Profile Picture Sharda, 2/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

wow!!! very nice work!! Keep it up!

Profile Picture User7514212, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

So so talented and wonderful to work with !

Profile Picture User7497923, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Where do I start?! My experience with Shilpa was top notch and all of my bridesmaids and both my mom and my now mother-in-law raved about the service as well. Let's start from the beginning where my mom and I both got our makeup trial done. Shilpa was not only accommodating on the time but she also listened to what we wanted. Additionally, she tried two different hairstyles on my mom, which was very much appreciated. There was a slight miscommunication in regards to airbrush, but Shilpa was super accommodating and said not to worry and ensured all bridesmaids who requested airbrush would receive it! How awesome is that?! On the day of the wedding, Shilpa and her staff arrived on time and were ready to go! All of the ladies listened to what everyone wanted and they also had fun and made great conversation while doing it. As for me, my experience was perfect and, let me tell you, I felt the most beautiful I have ever felt. Shilpa took her time, ensured my makeup was flawless and my hair was top notch--she also assisted with putting my veil in, which was super nice! Overall, I would highly recommend booking Shilpa. She and her team have great customer and truly care about you.

Profile Picture User7425750, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews

FANTASTIC!!....love your work!!

Profile Picture User7514369, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I found Shilpa on instagram as I searched for a good makeup artist. I loved all of her photos and new she was talented, so I reached out to her. I ended up having her do my makeup for my engagement photos and loved it so much I booked her to do my mom and I's makeup on my wedding day! Shilpa is extremely talented and made sure to really understand the look I wanted. Her and her team are so professional and reliable. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking to have their makeup done for their big day or any special occasion!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

After trying two other makeup artists for my wedding day, I found Shilpa and never looked back! I had the pleasure of getting my makeup done from her 3 times and each time she did it better than I envisioned. Not only is she professional and talented, she was so sweet and a blast to hang out with while my bridal party and I got ready!! Thank you so much Shilpa!

Profile Picture User7316903, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Shilpa was actually recommended by a friend. She's is abosolutely, amazingly talented makeup artist. You will never regret for hiring her to do your hair and makeup. Makesure you tell what you want and how you want it, and she will do it! I was so confident and was a happy bride because I felt really beautiful.

Profile Picture Malsha, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked Shilpa to do my bridal make-up and it was perfect. I absolutely love her work! She's also extremely efficient. Besides her being great at what she does, Shilpa is so sweet and was great to chat with while I was in the make-up chair :)

Profile Picture Shereen, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Such a great experience! Shilpa is so friendly and easy to work with. The trial was good because we discussed many different options for what I wanted for my big day. The day of my wedding I loooked exactly how I wanted to! She focused only on me and made my special day even more special! I would recommend Shilpa for anybody who wants to look and feel great!

Profile Picture Bindu, 9/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot thank Shilpa enough for doing my Valima makeup. I had just moved to Texas and my Valima was in three days. I went for a makeup trial and the makeup artist made me look like I had cake batter on my face. Luckily, last minute I found Shilpa and booked her. She did an AMAZING job and gave me the makeup look that I always dreamed of. If you are in need of a makeup artist, choose Shilpa!! ??

Profile Picture User7464381, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shilpa knew exactly what I wanted and brought my vision to reality. Shilpa was the only person I trusted to make me feel like a bride. I could not be more thankful for her professionalism, creativity and easy to work with personality. Thank you Shilpa, for your effortless expertise in what you do and for being a fun person to interact with.

Profile Picture User7464630, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I’ve heard great things about Shilpa as a great make-up artist before meeting her. But, It wasn’t until I met her that I found out how amazing she really was. She was very professional but at the same time was easy to get along with. We met before my wedding to do a trail run. I was able to easily convey what I wanted, and she delivered. She was receptive to any changes that I wanted and did not take it personally when I wanted changes. On the day of my wedding, she arrived well in advance and was ready for any kind of problem that I could arise. For one of my events I was late and she was able to easily work with the time she had to give me what I wanted.

I feel like many make-up artists have one way of doing things and this is not how Shilpa was. I was interested in a natural look with minimal amount of make-up. She was able to do this look but at the same time did enough to make sure my pictures came out good.

I can’t say enough good things about Shilpa! She is great and I will ask her to do my make-up for any future event.

Profile Picture Divya, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Words can't express on what an amazing job Shilpa and her team did for my big. She is professional, yet laid back, and easy to work with. My hair and make up was flawless. She knows what she is doing because she made a lipstick color, that I would have never in million years chosen, look great on me.

She is also flexible with any changes I had in regards to adding hair and makeup for one of my bridesmaids last minute (well one month before wedding, which to me was last minute).

If you are in search for a MUA in the Dallas are, search no more.

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/30/16, 1 Review