Makeup by Samar Reviews

148 | Manchester, CT

148 Reviews for Makeup by Samar

Barbara · Married on 10/11/2015

Samar is WONDERFUL!! She did makeup and false lashes for my MOH, my mother, my MIL, and me on the morning of my wedding. She did a BEAUTIFUL job. Both my mother and MIL are very conservative in their use of makeup, and my MIL especially was worried about not looking overdone. Samar could not have done a more perfect job with their makeup. Samar made them both extremely comfortable and they were both so happy with the outcome. I was also blown away by the work Samar did with my makeup and my MOH's makeup. Everyone looked stunning, but the makeup was still very natural. I could not have been more happy with Samar's makeup work, but on the more practical side, her prices were incredible, too. I asked for quotes from several makeup artists in the area, and even with travel fees (Samar came to do our makeup on-site at my hotel), Samar's prices were well below anyone else that I considered. She arrived on time, she was incredibly professional, and she finished about 30 minutes earlier than the time I told her we needed to be done. She is also incredibly patient -- I was so nervous and kept starting to cry while she was doing my makeup, and she helped to calm me and keep me relaxed. I am so incredibly pleased with everything Samar did, and I highly recommend her to all brides!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you SO much Barbara for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for your very kind words. I truly appreciate it! I had so much fun.. and it was my pleasure to be part of your special day...please send photos when you can!!!!

Brynn · Married on 10/10/2015

Samar was absolutely amazing! My wedding makeup was flawless, and I have never looked more beautiful. My wedding day would not have been as perfect without her!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you SO much Brynn!! That's so kind of you! It was my pleasure to be part of your special day and I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm sure they're going to be stunning!!!

chelsea · Married on 10/09/2015

I cannot say enough amazing things about Samar and the services she provided me and my girls not only on my wedding day but leading up to it. When I first started planning my wedding I was a bit overwhelmed. Samar made me feel completely at ease and was so easy to work with. She is so fast to respond to questions/inquiries and very organized.

I scheduled my make up trial with Samar and fell completely in love with her work and booked her that very day. The day of our wedding she came to my Mom's house where we were getting ready and did makeup/eyelashes for myself, my 6 bridesmaids, my mom and future mother in law. We have all had our makeup done for previous weddings multiple times and my entire bridal party was amazed by Samar. She spent so much time with each girl, did not rush and everyone looked stunning. We got so, so many compliments on our makeup throughout the night and it photographed beautifully. I would highly recommend getting eyelashes as well - it tied the entire look together.

I couldn't have asked for a better, more professional, down to earth makeup artist on my wedding day and I know all of my girls would agree. I would highly recommend Samar to anyone needing professional makeup.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you SO much Chelsea for taking the time and writing this awesome review. I truly appreciate it and it makes me very happy that you were happy. It was such a pleasure to be there that morning getting everyone ready for your big day! everyone did look stunning especially you!!
    Thank you again for letting me be part of your big day!
    p.s. please send me pictures when you can!! :)

Caroline · Married on 10/03/2015

Samar was excellent! She is VERY efficient and very skilled. The entire bridal party looked elegant and soft without being too over done. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you SO much Caroline for writing this awesome review. I truly appreciate it! It was so much fun and enjoyed being part of your special day!Thank you again!

Emily · Married on 09/26/2015

I had Samar travel to Hartford for my 9/26/15 wedding (a little late on the review!) and I couldn't have been happier with her work. Every step of the way, Samar was encouraging and a complete pleasure to work with. She was even willing to spend time with me and the photographer so that I got my "getting ready" pictures that I wanted. I have recommended her and will continue to recommend her every single chance I get. I also used Samar for my engagement photos, and was able to get a "toned down" look - she can do it all!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Jess · Married on 09/25/2015

Samar did a wonderful job on myself and my other attendees. Samar spent time with each bridesmaid and mother as if they were the brides themselves. She does an excellent job and great work

Sent on 10/01/2015

She did an excellent job on all 6 of my girls and me! This is THE makeup artist to choose for your wedding day!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Samar's make up for me and all of my bridesmaids was absolutely beautiful and I would recommend her to all future brides!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Samar did an amazing job with my makeup and my bridesmaids. Some of the girls who never wear makeup were nervous but she listened to them and their outcome was amazing and they were all happy. I had a great experience and my makeup turned out wonderful. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/08/2015

Samar was awesome. I was a bit of a procrastinator, and only booked Samar about a month out from the wedding. She was always super responsive over email. I actually had my makeup trial the day before the wedding (I don't live in the area) - it could have been risky but I trusted her based on her reviews + pictures I had seen posted on her Facebook of past brides. I don't wear much makeup, but still wanted the fun, sparkly bride look (I didn't know anything more specific than that!). She totally gave me the perfect look - I was so happy. She, and her colleague, did the makeup for my bridesmaids and one of the flower girls too. She was very flexible in that one of the bridesmaids decided she wanted her makeup done that morning (after seeing the looks of the other girls), and another added lashes. She was ahead of schedule and able to make it work. Everyone was really happy - and she was awesome with my niece! She felt so special getting her makeup done and got to pick out her colors and everything. Also, the price was great - that was a big relief! I definitely recommend Samar.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie for taking the time out of your busy schedule and writing this awesome review. I truly appreciate it!! It was my pleasure to be part of your special day and I'm SO happy that you and everyone else loved their makeup. You looked beautiful and I can't wait to see the pictures. Thank you again!!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 07/25/2015

Samar did an amazing job on my wedding makeup and really knew how to get the beautiful-but-natural look I was going for. She was also really flexible about doing the trial on a weekend, since I live out of state.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Brenda · Married on 07/24/2015

Samar is AWESOME! She is very professional, flexible and responds to emails and phone calls very quickly. Her personality is very relaxed; I was very nervous and she made feel at ease. I had family coming out of the state and she was available via email to respond to all of their questions. Furthermore, some of my family members could not make it and because I had already paid for their make up, Samar was willing to accommodate other people without any extra charge.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Kate · Married on 07/19/2015

Samar was awesome.
    Super friendly, yet professional.

Sent on 08/01/2015

Samar was amazing. I do not normally wear makeup and I didn’t actually want to wear it until my photographer recommended. After meeting Samar, I no longer worried. After my first trial, I knew she was amazing. She did a great job, she was friendly and outgoing, and knowledgeable and professional. I did end up having a second trial but this is no reflection on the work she did. Since I do not wear makeup I was not specific about what I wanted. During the first trial we went with more of a glam look but then I decided I really wanted a natural look. The second trial and the wedding were perfect. She did my makeup, my MOH, and my mother and everyone was happy with the results. Samar’s personality really put me at ease because it was like being with an old friend. Because of her skills I did not have to worry about makeup leading up to the wedding, which was a huge relief. I would highly recommend her if you are looking for a makeup artist.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/10/2015

Samar is a sweetheart and really listens to what you want. She makes everyone feel comfortable and will leave you feeling beautiful! She helped make my wedding day the best day ever! Thank you!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Samar was fantastic on time, very nice, made me feel very comforttable & relaxed & the makeup came out fantastic too sooo sooo many complements & I loved the look
    I would defiantly use her again & reconend Her

Sent on 07/07/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/26/2015

Samar was fantastic. Really listened to what I wanted and fulfilled my expectations.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Klaudeta · Married on 06/14/2015

Samar was wonderful and I would recommend her to any of my friends!!!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Samar is a phenomenal makeup artist. She is professional, arrived early to start our makeup, and did an amazing job!!! Plus she is so sweet and friendly. I highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Samar was so nice and she did an amazing job with our makeup!!! I would recommend her to anyone. She showed up on time and everything ran smoothly!

Sent on 05/23/2015

Mary · event on: 05/01/2015

Samar did an awesome job on my daughter's prom make up! She has always struggled with blemishes on her face and chest. Samar made sure that any problem areas were camouflaged. I know this gave my daughter a tremendous amount of confidence. I highly recommend Samar!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Jane · event on: 05/01/2015

Samar did an incredible job on my daughter's make-up for her prom. It was flawless. It was tasteful and flattering. It gave my daughter a huge amount of confidence - made her feel like a princess. She received many, many compliments. It lasted very well. It was very reasonably priced. It was a pleasure to work with Samar - she made my daughter feel very comfortable during the process.

Sent on 05/04/2015

angela · Married on 04/25/2015

Samar is such a sweetheart! The girls and I are got so many compliments. Several of my friends asked for her name and number.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Hi Angela,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It was my pleasure to be part of your big day! Everyone looked beautiful. I hope you had a great time! I Can't wait to see the photos!!! Thank you again for choosing me!

Christine · Married on 04/03/2015

Samar was wonderful!!! Easy to work with and scedule, prompt response. Make up came out beautiful! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you Christine for taking the time to write a review...I really appreciate it!! I hope you had a great time at your wedding. You looked beautiful and I can't wait to see the pictures!! Thank you again!!! :)

Barbara · event on: 03/21/2015

Samar was professional and punctual. Our party was a snowy day and she showed up just right on time. What I really liked about her is that she listen to what you like. She did a wonderful job on my 15 year old daughter. She looked very natural , just like a princess.
    I also got my make up with her and got a few comments that I looked a lot younger. Thanks so much I would definitely use her services again.

Sent on 03/29/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you so much Barbara for the wonderful review! You have a beautiful family!! It was so much fun being part of your big event. Hope to see you again. Thank you again!