43 Reviews for Makeup by L. Hiatt

I’m so happy I booked Laura as my makeup artist for my wedding. She captured the vision of what I wanted to look like perfectly, and I felt beautiful! She’s a true professional and knows what she’s doing when it comes to makeup. Stop looking and book her, you won’t regret it!

Profile Picture Taryn, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura was extremely professional and kind! I had a large wedding party and she worked efficiently making all my bridesmaids look beautiful in a timely manner. She truly embodied a wedding make up look. She listened to my request and executed them the day of my wedding. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Linda, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura did an amazing job on all 10 women's make-up on my wedding day. I was so happy I did a trial with Laura. We were able to create the perfect look for my wedding day. Despite it being about 94 degrees on my wedding day, I was so impressed with how great everyone's makeup looked the entire day. You would have no idea how hot we all were in our photos, and I think that has a lot to do with the quality work Laura did! I was so impressed by how well everyone's makeup stayed on and looked at the end of the night. I highly recommend Laura!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura was AMAZING! I literally cannot say enough good things about her. She was accommodating, warm, and relaxed. I literally felt so relaxed when she was doing my makeup I almost forgot I was getting married. My makeup stayed on all night wich is a feat in and of itself as I have very oily skin. But, my makeup stayed on, looked great I was never shine and it felt as if I was not wearing any makeup at all. I think Laura my have super powers or magic I'm not sure. But I would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Emily, 2/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura did airbrush make-up for my wedding day for myself and two bridesmaids and she did a fantastic job! She was very responsive to emails, very good at communicating, very prompt on my wedding day and made us all look and feel beautiful that day. She was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her for anyone looking for a make-up artist for any event, I got compliments all night long on how beautiful my make-up was. Can't give her enough compliments and thanks for making me feel so beautiful on the best day of my life :) Thank you Laura!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura came to my parents house to do the makeup for my wedding. I know nothing about makeup and was very nervous about looking not like myself. But after my trial with Laura I felt so comforted that she would do a great job. The makeup was exactly what I wanted and it last all day. I had my makeup done at 8:30 in the morning and I didn't touch up anything all day. Laura was awesome. Can't say enough.

Profile Picture Maria & Mike, 10/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura did a great job with our make up. Everyone looked beautiful and was very happy with the way their make up turned out. It was a very easy process, start to finish. She was there on time and set up quickly. It was slightly awkward that she brought her daughter, but she we well behaved.

Profile Picture User5509919, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura was amazing!!! As a person who normally does not wear make-up, she made sure that I felt comfortable with everything that she applied. I was also worried about having possible back acne but she assured me that she could cover it with air-brushing; in the end I did not need it as I had been tanning which helped clear up my skin. Laura also made my 4 flower girls day when she applied lip gloss and shimmer for them, which she includes for no extra cost. She was simply AMAZING!!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura did mine and my bridesmaids makeup for our wedding, she did a wonderful job making sure each of us got exactly what we wanted. I received many many compliments on my appearance, I normally do not wear makeup. Laura made me look so natural I loved it. She really listens to you, I felt very comfortable & pretty.

Profile Picture User5507581, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura did a really great job with my and my friends' makeup for my wedding day. I wanted a bit of a stepped-up natural look and she did exactly that. Not only did the makeup look great, but she was prompt, professional, friendly, and affordable. I highly recommend Laura!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Above all my other wedding vendors, Laura was the one I had the most confidence in. Going into my wedding day, it was such a relief to know I had a trustworthy and talented makeup artist. Laura is friendly, professional, and a true artist. After my makeup trial with her, there were several things I wanted slightly different on my wedding day. Laura listened to my desires and was able to give me the exact look I envisioned. And after over 13 hours, my makeup still looked beautiful! For any bride who's looking for a responsible, talented, and all-around wonderful makeup artist, Laura's it!

Profile Picture User5433189, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura is the best, she will make you comfortable and beautiful for any occasion! I hired her last minute, and because if time constraints I was unable to do a trial ( to the horror of my mother and sister). Laura asked me to send me info about what I was looking to do and send her pictures of makeup looks I liked and didn't! It worked out great. Laura and her assistant arrived promptly and set up where the lighting was best in our hotel room. She applied beautiful makeup and got it done quickly without anyone complaining or needing to fix anything! Incredible when working with 7 women. She was super flexible, and she was even able to squeeze an extra person in! She was very nice, professional, and you will not be disappointed! Thank you Laura!

Profile Picture Deanna, 3/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura did an excellent job on my makeup for my wedding day. I was very impressed with her professionalism and expertise. She knew exactly which colors would look good on my skin tone. My makeup lasted all day and all night (including my lipstick, even after eating!). We hired her again for my daughter's senior pictures, and were even more impressed by her skills. She gave my daughter a very pretty, natural look. I recommend her to all of my friends, family and coworkers!

Profile Picture Shalonda, 5/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough about the quality of Laura's work. I was so excited after my trial, but she truly amazed me on the big day. The bridesmaids' makeup was exceptional as well. With a huge bridal party, Laura still took her time with everyone and we were out the door on time. One of my favorite parts of the day was having her come to us, having everyone in one place made the morning very special. I would highly recommend Laura to anyone that is getting married!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had gotten my makeup done by Laura for a wedding that I was in a year before my own, and she did such an amazing job that I knew I needed her for my wedding day! Even without a trial I felt confidence that she would make myself and all of my girls look beautiful. I have to say, she did not disappoint. She was right on time and did a fantastic job on everyone. Thanks again for making me feel gorgeous on my big day!

Profile Picture Crystal, 1/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

This was my first experience having my make up done for an event. Laura was great - professional, nice, on- time, and quick! She did 4 of us in less than 2 hours - gave me that little extra cushion of time every bride needs on her big day. I highly recommend her services!

Profile Picture Kelli, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I absolutely would recommend booking Laura for your wedding. She did a fantastic job and worked with me to provide the look I was aiming to achieve, as well as providing great advice - something every bride needs! She was extremely flexible and timely and really wonderful to have by your side on such an important day. Plus, my makeup lasted all day without a single smudge, get the airbrush makeup for sure! Thanks Laura!

Profile Picture User3643563, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura did an amazing job. She was extremely punctual and professional. She did my make up and 4 others in about two hours and even had everyone check to make sure it was what they liked before she applied the finishing spray. I got my make up done at 1:45 pm and it still looked great at midnight when our reception ended. I would definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture User3622338, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura is truly phenomenal!! It was such a pleasure to have Laura as my makeup artist for my wedding. Not only is she super talented but she is also very responsive and extremely easy to work with. She will listen to exactly what you want and execute that vision successfully. I would absolutely recommend Laura to anyone in need of a makeup artist!

Profile Picture User3507612, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I just wanted to take the time to write this review to let other brides know that Laura does an amazing job and you should definitely hire her for your wedding makeup. She is very quick to respond to questions about the wedding day schedule and product recommendations and she always welcomed my new ideas. She is much more reasonably priced than other salons in the area (especially for airbrush makeup which I highly recommend). She also didn't charge me extra for applying false lashes like the salons would have. She did a really good job of making the makeup visible in pictures but without making me look like a drag queen in person by applying an excessive amount (an issue I often see with brides at weddings I have attended). She definitely made me look like a prettier but still natural me! I had people coming up to me after my ceremony asking who did my makeup because they liked it so much. I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/10/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I truly do not even know where to begin when it comes to describing Laura's talent as a makeup artist and professionalism as a business owner. I first met Laura when she was the makeup artist for one of my closest friend's wedding and within minutes of working with her, I knew I wanted her to be there for us on my wedding day. I've always struggled with my appearance and have had acne for many many years. I was always worried that I would not look or feel my best on my wedding day, and although I had a few blemishes, Laura made them completely disappear and made me feel absolutely beautiful. She is bubbly, personable and has got to be one of the most organized people I have ever met. Laura arrived early (and we had a 6am start time, if that says anything) with all her supplies including her own chair. I would not only recommend Laura, but I only hope I get the chance to work with her again.

Laura, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for making me feel the way every bride should on her wedding day. I would not have felt the same without you.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 8/3/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Laura was an awesome make-up artist to have for my wedding. She came to my house to do make-up for 2 moms, 3 bridesmaids, and me. She allowed for enough time to complete each person and do touch ups if needed. Airbrush and traditional make-up were both offered, with absolutely no pressure to chose one over the other. Laura made sure my make-up looked exactly like I wanted it to, which is what's most important on your wedding.

Profile Picture Larissa, 7/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Laura for my wedding. She was very calm, sweet, professional, and has an amazing talent. I was nervous that having 6 girls in my bridal party plus family members and myself, it would be more than one artist could handle; however, Laura not only made us all look great, she did it with such ease and attentiveness. I had two trials with Laura as my ideas changed over time and each time she was helpful and offered great ideas. She absolutely knows what she is doing and I cannot wait for another big event because hopefully we can work together again. I would recommend her services to anyone bride to be or any special event! Laura is the artist you want for your special occasion.

Profile Picture Amy, 7/13/13, 1 Review
0.0

I am getting married August 24th and Laura said she was available to do my bridal parties makeup, after weeks of conversations via email - I receive an email that she is going with another Bride. This is a Bride's worst nightmare! Brides -- don't go with her because you never know when she will cancel on you and you will be on the lookout for another makeup artist. What Laura did was highly unprofessional and has caused me a lot of stress, especially since I don't live in the state where my wedding is!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3368627, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married June 29, 2013 in Madison, WI and was having a hard time finding a make-up artist. My bridesmaids and myself liked the idea of having a professional do our make up for the big day but didn't want wild, "clown-like" make up, as our daily make up routine included only bronzer and mascara! I came across Laura online and immediately loved her work; very natural. She was based out of the Milwaukee area but had no problem traveling to Madison bright and early for us! I forwarded some of her work onto my maid of honor to check out and she instantly fell in love as well. Laura was amazing the morning of the big day. She worked flawlessly with our hairstylist and every single bridesmaids and both moms loved their make up. Laura was phenomenal and I would strongly recommend her to all brides-to-be in the Madison/Milwaukee Wisconsin area.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/29/13, 1 Review