Makeup By Amy Kennison Reviews

Makeup By Amy Kennison 3
Makeup By Amy Kennison 4
Makeup By Amy Kennison 5

Lesley · Married on 05/17/2014

Amy's eye for makeup is TOP-NOTCH!!! I am in the industry as well so it was a MUST to have her do my makeup for my BIG DAY!! I have got the chance to work with her on many occasions and she always aims to please you and make you feel so special and beautiful!!!! I loved my makeup in my bridal pics and especially the wedding day!!! I can't wait for my next special occasion to book with her again!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
    Thanks so much,
    Lesley

Sent on 08/02/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Lesley! it was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party:) You made my job easy pretty lady! Im sure I will see you soon!
    xo

Amber · Married on 05/11/2014

Amy is amazing at what she does and beyond nice. The best!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your wedding day!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/10/2014

Amy did an amazing job! She was so nice and is a dream to work with! So glad I made the decision to book Amy!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/09/2014

If I had to pick one thing about my wedding that I wouldn't change for the world it would be Amy and Jamie! Amy was absolutely amazing, sweet, kind, and made me look the most beautiful I have ever been for my groom! She is fantastic and go book her now because she is incredible!!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much...you were a pleasure to work with!

Renee · Married on 05/04/2014

Amy was a dream to work with. I had my trial back in January, she was really helpful on tips to prepare my skin for the big day. She arrived for my wedding makeup early, and was very efficient with the application. I received so many compliments, most notably, was how natural my make up looked. She's also very pleasant and was quick to respond with any questions I had leading up to the wedding.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Renne...you are so beautiful:) you made my job easy! I hope you had a wonderful wedding day!

Jaime · Married on 05/04/2014

Amy is as talented & skilled in her makeup artistry abilities as she is professional, punctual, kind & courteous. We met for my trial a well over a month in advance of my wedding date & she did a fabulous job so I had no doubt that she was going to do a wonderful job on the day of my wedding. She was entirely flexible in many ways, including allowing me to add more bridal clients to her roster with little prior notice. One week prior to my wedding, my dear mother suffered a terrible fall which resulted in nasty bruising to her face. Naturally, my mom was so worried that she would look poorly for our wedding photos but Amy took extra time & care to ensure that she would have no noticeable injuries! My mom looked incredible!! Her flexibility continued as I even changed my mind from our trial to go for a more subtle look & Amy obliged with no attitude, comment or fuss. She truly made my bridesmaids & I look totally glamorous & flawless & on behalf of my whole bridal party I thank her again & again!! I also enjoyed how she talked you thru what she was doing each step of the way & showed you how she was applying products so you even got a bit of a makeup application lesson as she attended to each aspect of the face. I would recommend her ten times over for all of your makeup artistry needs!! Amy rocks!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Jaime thank you for your kind words! You were an awesome bride and so fun to work with. Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your special day!

Carrir · Married on 05/03/2014

I loved having Amy do my makeup for my wedding! She does an amazing job, super friendly, and very professional!!! She made me feel like a complete princess !! You can't go wrong choosing Amy to be your makeup artist!!! She's amazing!!!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Carrie! I am so glad I had a chance to work with you:) you are truly beautiful inside and out. Please stay in touch

Sabrina · Married on 05/03/2014

I have never before been so incredibly amazed at someone's work on my makeup! Amy took the little direction I gave her and was able to capture exactly what I was looking for and even added her own style to it which made it more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. She was amazing to work with and made everyone in my bridal party so happy. She is a MUST HAVE on your wedding day...or for any other function!!! I will certainly be using her again on other occasions I have in Wilmington!! :)

Sent on 06/09/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Sabrina! You and your bridal party were a pleasure to work with....I am looking forward to using some of your wedding photos on my website!

Amy is absolutely amazing! She is incredibly talented, very professional and reliable. She is SO easy to work with! I typically don't wear a ton of makeup so I was anxious about looking "made up". She totally understood my aesthetic and the result was perfect! I looked like myself but better! Thanks Amy!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Dana · Married on 04/26/2014

BOOK HER!!!! Stop reading this review right now, and book her!!! Her make-up is beautiful, she is super on the ball, she is kind, and wonderful to work with. Only some of my bridesmaids opted to do make-up, but those that skipped it, were disappointed that they did! Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful make-up! If you are hoping to look like the most gorgeous version of yourself, Amy is your gal!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Dana thank you!!! You were a pleasure to work with:) I hope you had an amazing wedding day:)

Book her. Book her right now! You will not be disappointed! Her skill, talent, and professionalism is unmatched. Book her!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Ashley · Married on 04/12/2014

Amy is a miracle worker! I absolutely loved what she did with my makeup. She made me look glamorous but still natural at the same time. She is also so sweet! I wish she could do my make up everyday. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Ashley...thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate you choosing me to be a part of your wedding day.
    You were a pleasure to work with.

Christen · Married on 03/15/2014

I had my make-up done twice by another make-up artist in town, paid for 2 trials, but still wasn't happy. I googled make-up artist Wilmington, NC and was lucky enough to find Amy! After seeing her website I knew I had to have her do my make-up. As a trial to see how she did, I had her do my make-up for my bachelorette party. I have never looked better!! After that, I had her do my rehearsal dinner and my wedding day. She is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! By the way, I've worked in salons and spas for 10 years and as I've said, she is the best I've ever seen. I will reccommend her to anyone getting married. I will use her again the next chance I get! :-)

Sent on 04/09/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you for your feed back! It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding day.
    You were so beautiful and I hope to see photos soon:)
    Stay in touch!
    xo

Jill · Married on 12/31/2013

I couldn't be happier that I chose Amy to do my makeup and the makeup for my bridesmaids for my wedding! I gave her free rein to do whatever the girls asked and they all looked stunning. Every single guest (and those who have seen pictures) have commented on how beautiful we all looked. My hairdresser (Marco from Bellezza Salon who I also loved) enjoyed working with her the day of since she is super nice and he loved how she was very efficient. No quality sacrificed but very speedy. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my face. Can't wait to see her again when we do our after wedding shoot this spring. Thanks you Amy!!!!!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Alyssa · Married on 11/30/2013

It was a pleasure working with Amy and Jamie. They did beautiful work on me and my sister and made it an enjoyable experience.

Sent on 01/15/2014

Amy did the makeup for my entire bridal party and everybody was stunning! Amy arrived early and ready to go! With her sweet and calm demeanor, Amy helped us all get through a really stressful day and made us look better than ever! It was such a relief to have everybody's makeup finished ahead of schedule so we could take more pictures and drink more champagne!

Amy uses the best makeup and knows how to contour your face to make you look your absolute best! And she rocks at eyes/lashes! For the first time in my life, my lashes stayed on well into the 3 am hour and I never smudged one bit! The only thing I even touched up the whole night was my lipstick!

Amy is the best of the best and I highly recommend her! I'll be calling Amy for christmas parties, baby showers and any other event I can think of!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Lisa! I am so happy you were pleased. I hope to see you again soon!

Maggie · Married on 10/12/2013

Amy did makeup for my Bridesmaids and my Mother for my 10.12.13 Wedding. I'm super critical and I couldn't be happier with the job she did. All of my maids looked gorgeous! Some of them don't wear makeup very often and Amy was able to give them a very natural yet polished look. I loved it! As for my Mother, she NEVER wears makeup and has tricky skin. I've never seen her look as pretty as she did after Amy did her makeup! She was glowing all night!

Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your special day! Your family and friends were so sweet and genuine! You were a gorgeous bride:)

Jesse · Married on 10/12/2013

It was a true pleasure working with Amy. She did a beautiful job on the makeup for myself, sister, and mom. We all felt our very best for the best day of my life! Amy was personable and made everyone feel comfortable. She's a true professional with a passion for this work, knowledgable, and considers exactly what you'd like than exceeds expectations!! Do yourself a favor and hire her for makeup for your special event!

Sent on 11/10/2013

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Jesse! It was a pleasure working with you,your mom and sister! I stayed a few minutes longer just to see you in your dress:)
    Tell your sweet mom I say hello and I hope to see you again:)

Julie · Married on 10/04/2013

Amy is absolutely amazing at what she does. I went in for a trial with her for my wedding makeup..and realized before she started even doing my makeup I already had fallen in love with her personality. Shes so kind and so personable right off the bat..and then..her TALENT comes into play! She made me feel and look like a supermodel. She was so on point, prepared and organized. She is a true professional. She listened to what I liked and was trying to achieve..then applied her skills and experience to make me look flawless. (if only I had her around every day) As someone looking to go into hair and makeup I look up to Amy for how successful and knowledgable she is. Thank you for making my big day everything I could of ever dreamed of!!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Kirby · Married on 09/28/2013

Amy is absolutely amazing! She can do wonders with a makeup brush. Amy did my makeup for my wedding and all of my bridesmaids and mother/mother-in-law. Everyone absolutely loved the work she did. Amy was very fun to be with and she did a spectacular job. She is very flexible, easy to get in touch with, and very professional. I would highly recommend Amy to anyone who is looking for makeup service. You wont be disappointed!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2013

Amy is AMAZING! She did all the makeup for myself, my entire bridal party, and my mother and everyone looked stunning! She is so sweet and very professional too. I HIGHLY recommend her to any bride for her big day. I have absolutely no regrets with booking Amy to do my wedding. She is so talented and makes the whole experience very fun!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Desiree · Married on 09/20/2013

Amazing work!! Having planned a destination wedding and being unfamiliar with the area, I was very nervous and skeptical about which vendors to market and hire. It took me over 6 months to find a competent Make-up Artist, and someone who followed back up with me. With slim pickings, I contacted about half a dozen Make-up Artists in the area and became very discouraged, many who did not immediately get back to me, some who returned calls but then did not execute the follow up. I became so flustered, worried, and unhappy that I was seconds away from flying someone out from my hometown to do my bridal party's make-up. Thankfully, I FOUND AMY, she was the solution to my problem! Amy was attentive, prompt, followed up ALWAYS with any questions I had prior to my wedding day. Not only was she all of the above, but she did an absolutely fantastic job with every single one of my bridesmaids, there were 11 girls total, they all looked beautiful, and were ALL VERY PLEASED! A lot of the girls wanted their foundation airbrushed, and she was on point with that as well, beautiful! As a bride, and being very busy the morning of your wedding, the last thing you need is someone who needs your attention, and Amy was very self-sufficient, she made everything with 11 bridesmaids transition super smoothly. Amy uses great product lines too. For anyone reading this review, I am a high maintenance type of girl, and not the easiest to please when it comes to fashion and beauty, so please if you need a Make-up Artist, Amy is your go-to girl!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Jackie · Married on 09/19/2013

My experience with Amy reflects the comments of the previous reviews. Amy's work is nothing short of perfection. She is a talented make up artist that knows her craft inside and out. Three days before my wedding, I had a bike accident that left me with a cut and bruise on my chin. Amy did such a wonderful job, nobody......... and I mean nobody could tell where the bruise was. I would recommend Amy to anyone looking for her services. She is professional, on time, very courteous, and her skill level exceeds excellent.

Sent on 10/21/2013

melissa · Married on 09/14/2013

I would recommend Amy Kennison to anyone! She is wonderful and worked around my schedule. Amy is so sweet and professional, not to mention she is an amazing makeup artist! I felt beautiful for my wedding day and my husband thought so too! I would definitely ask for Amy if I need any makeup services in the future!

Amy, I am not sure of what else to say but thank you so much! You made my wedding day complete!

xoxo,
    Melissa Spencer

Sent on 10/20/2013

meissa · Married on 09/14/2013

I cannot believe it has been over 2 years now and I am just now getting around to writing this~ Amy you were amazing! My makeup was natural and beautiful and I would recommend you to anyone! Thank you for making my day flawless~

Sent on 03/07/2016