Makeup By Amy Kennison Reviews

Makeup By Amy Kennison 3
Makeup By Amy Kennison 4
Makeup By Amy Kennison 5

Diana · Married on 12/14/2014

Amy was wonderful! She did make up for me, my mother, and mother-in-law. She was definitely flexible and was able to switch location at the last minute. She does amazing work!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Thank you Diana!
    I appreciate your confidence in my work…It was a pleasure working with everyone on your wedding day!
    Amy

Jade · Married on 11/30/2014

I hired Amy for my wedding. I requested her for myself, my bridesmaids and my mom and MIL. From the first email contact to scheduling she responded fast and was easy to work with throughout. The day of was AMAZING!!! We all looked our best, her work is true artistry! I was flawless and am still getting comments specifically about my make up two months later! I have never felt prettier :) My MIL loved her so much she scheduled a personal session with her coming up. The best way to spend wedding money! Thank you Amy!

Sent on 01/31/2015

Thank you Jade!!!
    I enjoyed everyone so much and Im happy you were pleased with the makeup!
    I can't wait to work with Melodye next month:)

Jenna · Married on 11/22/2014

Amy did an awesome job on my wedding makeup! She can make you look amazing!!! I loved how she used colors that complimented me. She used just the right amount of makeup, too. I got so many compliments at the wedding on how beautiful I looked. Amy was also very flexible with my wedding party and even added someone to the list at the last minute. My wedding party looked amazing! Although my wedding day makeup was a little expensive, I believe it was worth it. Thank you so much Amy! You are great!!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your special day!
    I had a great time with everyone!
    Im glad you were pleased and I cat wait to see photos!
    xoxo
    Amy

Maria · Married on 11/01/2014

I cannot say enough praise to Amy and her talent! She by far transformed not only myself but every person in the wedding party from normal to a super model. She was professional, polite, and makes you feel like a beauty queen. I got married in November of 2014 and just recently I got access to the video footage during the morning of the wedding, I am still in awe of watching her do my makeup and how flawless it looks! Amy was 100% worth it, she was amazing and I would hire her over and over again!!

Sent on 02/15/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Maria:) I almost cried watching the video. I had so much fun with all of you! You are blessed to have such an amazing group of people who love you!
    I hope to see you again in the future!

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2014

Amy is, without a doubt, the best makeup artist I've ever worked with. She was able to do my makeup, my entire bridal party of 8, and the 3 mothers. All of us looked simply stunning when she was done with us. Everyone commented how much they loved their makeup, and how sweet Amy was. A few members of the group who do not usually wear makeup were concerned that it might feel heavy or caked on. However, everyone was pleasantly surprised that the makeup Amy used was light and comfortable. Amy was super easy to work with and was a calming presence on the day of the wedding. There is a reason she is booked so far in advance: she is the best in town! I would definitely recommend Amy to everyone!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Sarah I can't thank you enough for your confidence in my work and your kind words! I have never had a bride write a review for me just 2 days after her wedding! I am honored:)

Gia · Married on 10/19/2014

Amy is a true professional. I've never looked so gorgeous in all my life. She is very knowledgeable about all the products she is using. She's a doll and so easy to talk to, she definitely kept me calm on my wedding day. I loved her, she's a wonderful artist!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Gia…..I want to thank you for such a quick review! It is a real compliment to have a bride write a review only a week after her wedding:)
    I really enjoyed working with you! Im so glad you were pleased and I can't wait to see the photos:)

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2014

Amy is extremely professional and a breeze to work with. She brought a calm to my wedding day when doing my makeup. Everyone that got their makeup done loved it! I mean really, have you checked out this girls work? It's amazing. I felt like a beautiful celebrity on my day. Thank you Amy!! I will definitely be calling her back from now on for anything else I need. Best makeup artist in town!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Oh thank you so much! You are a gorgeous girl…I hope you had a wonderful day! It was decorated so nicely I would love to see photos when you have them:) Please keep in touch.

Mary · Married on 10/04/2014

From my initial emails with Amy to the make-up trial and finally the wedding day make-up for myself and my mother and bridesmaids, Amy was excellent! She is very professional, so kind, and above all else - really good at what she does! I had Amy do my make-up for the rehearsal dinner and wedding and got so many compliments both nights on how great my make-up looked. My bridesmaids and mom also felt very included by Amy and loved their look. I can't wait to find an excuse to get my make-up done again!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Mary I loved meeting your friends and family:) They were all so welcoming and genuine. It was a pleasure working with you….thank you for your kind words. I hope I get to work with you in the future!

Heather · Married on 09/26/2014

Amy is AMAZING! I first met her a few years ago. I knew she did wonderful makeup so I was very excited when she was the makeup artist for my friends wedding I was in a couple years ago. I sat down and had no suggestions on what I would like but she worked her magic and everyone commented on how great I looked. I booked her a little later for my makeup for my engagement photos and of course she did a wonderful job.
    A few days before my wedding she contacted me to go over my schedule for hair and makeup for the morning and then the night before she emailed me to just say hey and remind me what time she would be there. Very professional! She did makeup for my whole bridal party and everyone loved it and her. Anytime someone asks me about a makeup artist my response is Amy Kennison!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Heather:) You are awesome for taking the time to write this review. I am so grateful for clients like you! You made my day wonderful…I enjoyed everyone that day. You are a beautiful girl and I wish you all the best!
    Keep in touch with me ….email or call anytime:)
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/20/2014

Amy is the sweetest and most pleasant professional to be around. Through the chaos of my wedding day and having 12 bridesmaids, Amy did an amazing job of making everyone look beautiful. I am make-up artist myself and through much research, Amy was the one I chose because her talent was apparent and her flawless work speaks for itself. There was an array of age and skin tone in my bridal party. Amy knocked it out of the park with each and every girl. I would highly recommend Amy Kennison for bridal make-up.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Christine…It is a huge compliment to have you hire me for your wedding! Im so glad you were pleased with my work:) I truly love working with all age ranges and skin tones and had a wonderful time with everyone!

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2014

Amy is extremely talented at what she does. She is also efficient and professional. I was so happy with my makeup and truly felt beautiful on the day of my wedding. Amy was awesome and also did the makeup for 6 bridesmaids, 3 mothers, and grandmother (and we didn't have to start getting ready at the crack of dawn!). The photos turned out beautifully and no one had to worry about their makeup despite the September heat. I would HIGHLY recommend Amy to any bride or anyone who wants to look their best for any event- she is the best!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Lauren! You and your bridal party were a pleasure to work with:) I hope to see you in the future!

Lindsey · Married on 08/23/2014

There are no words to describe how much I adore Amy. I have only met her a few times but she is such a kind, caring, and talented person. I have recommended her over and over again to everyone I know! She went way out of her way to make me, all my bridesmaids, both mothers, and my grandmother feel beautiful. She even traveled TO my grandmother who is in a wheel chair after working tirelessly to make all the rest of us look amazing.
    Now, every time I do my own makeup for work in the mornings or a date night with the hubby I think, "What would Amy do" and the best part is that she is just a phone call or email away for quick tips on beauty products or processes. She is just simply a great makeup artist and an even better person. I guarantee that you will not be dissatisfied with your "Amy transformation"! You cannot go wrong with Amy! Also- listen to her recommendations for Hair and others- This gal knows it all!!!!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

You are awesome Lindsay!! I had a great day spending time with your family and friends:) I hope to see you again son!

Courtney · Married on 08/16/2014

Amy was everything I could have dreamed about. So professional, kind hearted, Overly good at what she does, and she makes everyone feel like a princess! She was very accommodating to the bridesmaids and last minute changes. Everyone looked so gorgeous and she did such an amazing job. Anytime I need my makeup done I will for sure go to her!! I am a person that HATES the way anyone does my makeup but the first day I met Amy to get bridal portrait makeup I felt so comfortable and I trusted her without a doubt. So glad I did as she is the best makeup artist around!!!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Courtney…that makes me feel honored that you allowed me to do your makeup! I had no idea you have never been happy with anyone else's work….I had a lovely day with you and your bridal party:)

Cameron · Married on 08/09/2014

Amy is absolutely wonderful!!! She is so talented and made me feel absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day and for my bridal portraits! I have never felt so at ease while getting my makeup done and knowing what a great job Amy was doing! I did not have to worry about a thing!! My bridesmaids and mom and mother In law loved her too! We all got so many compliments and everyone wanted to know who did our makeup! We all can not wait to use her again for another event! I could not have been any happier with Amy and her work!!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Cameron….. You were all a pleasure to work with! I hope to work with you again in the future:)

Renee · Married on 07/18/2014

I don't even know how to start this review for Amy, as I am still speechless with the amazing quality of service and professionalism on my wedding day! :-) Amy was a dream-come-true sent to me by my fabulous photographer, Susie Linquist, when I couldn't seem to find the perfect makeup artist for my special day. I remember the first phone conversation I had when I first connected with Amy and told her all my concerns, especially about my blind mother who was nervous about getting her makeup done for the first time in over 20 years! Amy coordinated everything so perfectly and reassured me in a way that put my mind at ease- I knew we were in phenomenal hands! All my family members and friends in the bridal party who has their makeup done by Amy cannot stop raving about her work, from the moment they sat down to get started with her to viewing their finished product in pictures! Amy made me feel like a true princess that day and I wish I could stash her in my pocket for a makeup masterpiece every single day! She is sweet, kind, funny, and patient- the perfect person to be around during a hectic wedding morning to calm your nerves! Words can never thank her enough for what she did for my mother, who sustained facial injuries from a fall down stairs two days prior to the wedding- you would have never known my mother's face was injured after Amy was finished performing her magic on her! Now, I just have to find another upcoming event to get my makeup done for!! :-)

Sent on 07/27/2014

Renee,
    It was a pleasure working with you and your family. I loved your mom….she was a sweet heart and Im so happy you were both pleased with my work. Your wedding photos are gorgeous! I cannot wait to post on my website! please keep in touch with me…i would love to work with you again:)

Cinthya · Married on 07/12/2014

One word...AMAZING! Amy made me look flawless the day of my wedding. Her makeup technique is outstanding! My makeup lasted all day and it looked beautiful in my wedding pictures. Thank you Amy!!!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Cynthia it was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. I especially loved your talent and bridal creations for your decor. You could start your own bridal business!!:)
    I hope to see you in the future!

Gretchen · Married on 07/10/2014

She made ALL of us look GORGEOUS. I wanted to look natural on my wedding day and she captured the look perfectly. She was awesome!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Gretchen! I hope you had a wonderful honey moon.
    I enjoyed you and your family…you were a pleasure to work with!

Hannah · Married on 07/07/2014

Amy is not only adorable, she is fun to work with, easy going, flexible, professional, and her passion for makeup artistry, beautifying brides and working with people is evident.
    With all the chaos of our wedding day, when Amy arrived to do makeup, she brought calm energy, and I felt so relaxed while she worked her magic on my face.
    Amy's flexibility and relaxed nature also makes her awesome. She was patient while we figured out which bridesmaid would get makeup next, as we waited for my mother (MOB) to be located and show up for her makeup, and even made my unorganization work flawlessly as if winging-it was all part of the plan! She was kind enough to fit in a last minute makeup application for an extra lady, and most importantly, she made everyone look gorgeous!!
    Thank you so much, Amy!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Hannah…you were amazing on your wedding day!
    I enjoyed working with all of you!

Danielle · Married on 07/05/2014

Amy did an amazing job! I received so many compliments on how natural and beautiful my makeup was. She was so easy to work with and always responded promptly to all my many questions and emails. She was flexible the day of and was able to get us all done within the timeline set even with a few changes. She made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

You were a sweet heart Danielle:) Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your special day!

Teena · Married on 06/28/2014

Amy did awesome with my makeup. My makeup lasted me the whole day, my wedding ceremony was at 12noon and my reception was at 6pm. All I did for the reception was retouch my lipstick, but everything else stayed on like new. I also took pictures on the beach and it even rained a little that day, so it was kind of humid, but my makeup withstood all of that. Also everyone said I looked like a model. My makeup did not look caked. Thank you Amy Kennison for making me look really lovely!!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Teena:) I love the bridal look we created for you…and you did look like a model!
    Im so glad to hear the makeup lasted all day…you and your family were a pleasure to work with!

Ashley · Married on 06/26/2014

Amy was fantastic. She was prompt, kind, and helpful. She even traveled out of town to meet me at a specific location. Although she may appear to charge on the higher end for her services in comparison to others around my area she was well worth the extra. That was evident through experience and talent. Will certainly book her again if the time comes.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Ashley thank you so much!
    It has taken me 2o years to perfect my craft and I am always learning new techniques and trends.
    Im so glad you saw the value in my services and I would love to work with you again.

Cassie · Married on 06/26/2014

I think investing in Amy's work was one of the best uses of part of my wedding budget! Amy was able to cover any blemishes and applied makeup that lasted all through our beach ceremony and reception. My skin still looked flawless hours later. Amy's work helped me and my bridesmaids to feel beautiful and camera ready. She was also willing to travel to us for small fee which helped make my wedding day so much more relaxing. I can't say enough good things about her and her work!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Brooke · Married on 06/14/2014

Amy was absolutely amazing!! Not only was my make-up perfect, but all my bridesmaids and mom looked flawless as well. Every single girl was so happy with the outcome of their make-up! I would highly recommend Amy to anyone in the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. She was extremely reliable, very easy to communicate with, very very sweet and personable and so very talented at what she does.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Brooke you are awesome! I had a great time with you and your friends. Your girls were very trusting and really appreciated my work:) I had so much fun watching their expressions when I handed them the mirror to see the final makeup!!
    You have wonderful friends in your life... What a blessing. I hope our paths cross again!

Samantha · Married on 05/26/2014

Amy was amazing! She did the makeup for myself, my maid of honor & my flower girl on my wedding day. She is very professional yet laid back & very easy to talk to. She was able to create a look for me & my girls that enhanced our natural features. It was a wonderful experience that I will always remember. Amy helped make my big day special. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing makeup artist :)

Sent on 07/17/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Samantha! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridesmaids:) Thank you for the beautiful photo of you and your husband!

Amy was the perfect choice for my wedding day! She is a very talented make-up artist and made us all look our very best. My wedding was at 11am in the morning so I was worried about finding someone who could meet our tight time schedule. Amy was so flexible and accommodating of my morning wedding. She was very professional and gritting ready was stress free. Amy provides great advice and recommendations on how to fully prepare to look your most radiant on your wedding day. I am so glad I choose to work with Amy and would again in the future!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Elle! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. I always want the experience to be as stress fee as possible!
    I hope you had an amazing day and I look forward to the photos:)