Makeup By Amy Kennison Reviews

Makeup By Amy Kennison 3
Makeup By Amy Kennison 4
Makeup By Amy Kennison 5

Julianna · Married on 04/16/2016

Amy was AMAZING for my wedding! My bridesmaids and I all looked flawless! She arrived early in the morning since there were 10 of us and started right away. Most of the girls in my wedding were not heavy makeup wearers, but she kept it natural while still beautiful. Thank you Amy for making us all look so wonderful. I felt so beautiful and will look at my wedding pictures forever!

Sent on 05/12/2016

I cannot rave enough about Amy. She is amazing!! She did makeup for my whole bridal party, my mom, and me. My bridesmaids looked awesome and several of my guests thought that I was wearing colored contacts to make my eyes bluer! I felt totally at ease every time I talked to her and trusted her completely. I ended up changing my look from what was done at my trial and Amy handled it like a champ. She responded immediately to my emails and provided excellent service! Thank you Amy!!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Thank you private user!
    this review is amazing and Im so glad you were pleased with your makeup! I feel very blessed to get to work with clients like you who truly appreciate my work.
    I can't thank you enough for choosing me to be a part of your special day!
    Amy K.

Amy is well established and came highly recommended. It was an honor to have her be apart of my big day. She has a natural ability to glance at you and know exactly what colors and techniques are going to make you look and feel like a celebrity. I've never felt more beautiful in my life. Not only is she insanely talented, she is beyond pleasant, professional and provides impeccable customer service. I can't say enough amazing things about her!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Allison! I appreciate you kind words. It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding day:)

Nadia · Married on 10/30/2015

Amy was amazing!!! I loved the way I looked. It was perfect, she was great to work with and all my girls looked amazing. She took care of my makeup for the night before for my bridal luncheon and for the rehearsal dinner that night and my makeup was flawless and natural looking all day and night. Day of the wedding, she was incredible. She really is beyond fabulous. I told her I can’t wait to take one of her make up classes so I can look this good all the time and learn the tricks of the trade. She spends a lot learning the new techniques and using all the make-up out there and learning what is the best, thus, she uses great quality make up. The pictures on her website speak for themselves. She truly is an artist. All my girls loved their makeup, they are still talking about how good they all looked. Couldn’t be happier, if she lived closer, I would use her every time I had an event or a date with my husband.

Thanks Amy!!

Sent on 12/15/2015
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/23/2015

Amy was able to achieve beautiful, natural looking styles for every lady in my wedding party, including my last-minute add-on mother. (That's a total of 7!) While she worked quickly and diligently, she never sacrificed quality. She was great company and remained patient with every girl--making sure to meet their individual needs (lashes, winged eyeliner, lighter lipstick, etc.) Her professionalism is truly unmatched and her prices are well below her worth! (She even gave me a deal since I paid for the whole bridal party as a gift.) I would easily recommend Amy to any friend or acquaintance. If you want a flawless wedding look that doesn't break the bank, call Amy!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle. It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party:)

Tiffany · Married on 10/03/2015

There's not too much to say about Amy except she is AWESOME!! She did my makeup for my Bridal Shoot and my Wedding, she made me look flawless! Amy is one of the kindest people I have ever met and she is exceptional at her profession! You would be crazy not to book her!

lacy · Married on 10/03/2015

Amy is awesome! She made my skin look flawless and my makeup lasted all night. She and her assistant did my makeup as well as some of my wedding party's and everyone was so pleased with how it turned out. She is a must have for wedding makeup!!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Lacy....I will let Danielle know as well! I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon.
    Amy K

Ashley · Married on 09/26/2015

Amy did an amazing job, not only on me but also on my bridal party and both mothers. Most of the girls wanted a natural look and she nailed it for all of them. I would recommend Amy for any event. She made everyone feel comfortable and beautiful.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Amy was absolutely wonderful to work with. You can tell she an artist and loves what she does. I would recommend her to anyone and promise she will not disappoint!!

Emily · Married on 09/12/2015

Amy is a true artist. Before the "big day" Amy and I had a one on one session at her residence where she was able to summon her creative magic and tailor contouring and colors to really enhance my natural features like the color of my eyes, hair, and skin tone. This one on one session really helped prepare both of us for my wedding day. When the day finally arrived, I wasn't worried about how I would look because I had my full trust in Amy. She gave plenty of time and paid great attention to detail when working her creative genius on my bridesmaids. They could not stop gushing on how perfect their makeup looked. I didn't have a set "look" for all my bridesmaids, I really let Amy take her artistry to enhance their beauty. I would totally recommend Amy to future brides because she is extremely responsive to emails, text, phones calls etc. and is willing to work with your schedule. She is a professional and seeks to form a personal connection with you the client to receive the full benefits of her services.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/29/2015

Amy was amazing to work with and made me feel completely comfortable during our trial run and during the day of my wedding. I felt so beautiful and I wish she could do my makeup everyday! She is the best and I will definitely be calling her again soon! Thank you again Amy for being there for me on my wedding day!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/08/2015

I booked Amy Kennison and Jamie Warzel for hair and makeup services for my bridal portrait and wedding day for my entire wedding party. They did an amazing job! They were very professional and accommodating. I have never felt more beautiful in my life! I had never had my makeup professionally done before, and I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, so I really appreciated how Amy asked what I normally do, so I wouldn't look like a completely different person to my fiance on our wedding day. Jamie was so sweet and everyone's hair looks absolutely beautiful! Both their services are also a great value. I would recommend Amy and Jamie to anyone wanting to look their best at any special event!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

I am thankful to have amazing brides like you Sarah...I won't forget how you helped out with my puppy Henry on our first meeting. You are a very special lady... it was awesome to see how much you are loved by friends and family!
    I wish you and your husband all the best!
    Please send photos for my website when you can.
    I would love to see you again sometime. Contact me anytime!
    xo

Crystalyn · Married on 08/07/2015

I booked Amy Kennison for makeup services for my wedding day. She is absolutely amazing! Before my wedding day, I had an opportunity to meet with Amy for a trial run, and I knew that I could fully trust what she would be doing for my big day. I wanted something that was classic and natural, and she skillfully achieves whatever style the client is looking for. My sister and I were so thrilled with our makeup and how absolutely beautiful we looked. It was flawless. The makeup lasted all day looked just as incredible at the end of the night. She even came to our get ready location, which was so convenient! I absolutely recommend her for any event, and I look forward to booking her again in the future!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much! You and your sister were a pleasure to work with! Congratulations to you and your husband:)

Lane · Married on 07/18/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Amy! Before I was even engaged, I knew that I had to have her as my MUA for my big day. When I finally got engaged, the VERY FIRST thing I did in the planning process was reach out to her and see which dates she was available in July :) Amy of course got back to me right away with her availability and also referred me to the super talented Jamie Warzel for hair.
    Not only is she an insanely talented MUA, she is truly one of the kindest and most genuine people you will ever meet. She cares about her clients and is a true artist! Amy enhances your natural beauty and will transform you into the best/most beautiful version of yourself! In addition to my makeup, Amy also took care of all of my bridesmaids. To this day, we all still talk about how much we love her and loved our makeup!! All of us agree that we never felt more beautiful and I make certain to recommend her to every bride I meet (or anyone preparing for another special event). Our makeup was stunning and I can never thank her enough! In addition to making sure you book Amy as your MUA right away, I also have another piece of advice...listen to her! :) She is the professional and trust me, she knows what she's doing. She takes everything into account from skin type, allergies, time of year, weather...you name it. Let her work her magic and I promise/guarantee that you will be wowed when you look in the mirror. Thank you Amy! You are amazing and truly helped make my day a dream come true!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Lane:) I loved working with everyone. Your bridal party made me feel so comfortable and welcome. Im glad we decided on a classic glam look...I hope you will enjoy the photos forever!
    You just made my day with your kind words....that means so much to me! I feel the same way about you Lane.
    I hope to see you soon!
  • Taneia

Taneia · Married on 07/03/2015

Where do I begin? Thank you so much for being there for me on my wedding day. You are truly an incredible artist and individual. Not only did you make me feel the most gorgeous I have ever felt, you have a very calming presence. Everyone in the bridal party bridal party was happy about their make up and kept talking of how you worked wonders. When I returned to work all of my coworkers commented on how great my make was and I owe it all to you. Thanks again & the next time I'm in Wilmington I will contact you for a few lessons.

We highly recommend Makeup By Amy Kennison.

Sincerely,
    Taneia Lamar

Sent on 07/18/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Taneia…you are a special lady!
    I enjoyed your friends and family so much...I just fell in love with your mom!
    Thank you for trusting me on your special day!
    Come see me anytime:)

Madisan · Married on 06/27/2015

I want to thank Amy from the bottom of my heart for making me feel like a bride! I did a trial run and went very natural which is what I was used to wearing. Amy really listened and gave great suggestions for colors and what would work best for me. On the day of the wedding we went a little bit darker and I absolutely loved the look. Amy is hands down a talented professional and I would recommend her to anyone! I had seven bridesmaids, my mother and mother in law all use her services the day of the wedding. Get lashes we all loved them! Thank you so much Amy for making my day so special! <3

Sent on 08/15/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Madisan! I loved working with you and your bridal party:) everyone looked amazing and you were a pleasure to work with. Im glad we chose to go a little more dramatic for you...I can wait to see photos:) Please come see me anytime.
    I wish you and your husband all the best!

Page · Married on 06/26/2015

Amy was WONDERFUL to work with from start to finish. She made the trial so easy as I do not typically wear much make up or know much about it. She listened to every request and made me feel amazing. She worked so well with me and my bridal party and had a very calming presence on the wedding day! She knows her stuff and was able to take in to consideration everyone's needs. I have never felt more beautiful and that is thanks to her!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Page! I appreciate your trust in me for your special day:) You were so calm that day... I could tell you were so ready to walk down the isle.
    Your husband is a lucky man to have someone as beautiful on the inside and outside for his wife! I hope to see you again sometime!

Lena · Married on 06/13/2015

Amy is truly the best makeup professional and artist!! I was absolutely amazed at her skill and technique for both my bridal portraits and wedding day. She was very familiar and understanding with a brides hectic schedule and wow'ed any onlooker watching the process. Her technique with eyeliner/shadow/contouring is nothing short of celebrity status. I am so incredibly happy that i had the privilege to have her for my wedding, I have never seen anyone's makeup even come close! thank you so much!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Lena you are gorgeous!!! It was a pleasure woring with you…..Im so happy I was able to see your dress moments before the wedding. That is part of the reason I work with brides…I get to share behind the scenes on the most important day of your life:) I hope to see you again sometime!

Alyssa · Married on 06/13/2015

Amy was amazing and so easy to work with. I met with her for my bridal trial and everyone loved my makeup. I do not usually wear a lot of makeup and she made it look natural. The day of my wedding I liked my makeup even more. It lasted the whole wedding even in the heat. Amy also did my bridesmaids and moms makeup and everyone raved about that. She was so easy to work with and made getting ready fun. Thank you so much for making my day special.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Alyssa!
    I enjoyed spending time with your friends and family…they were so welcoming and friendly. I hope you enjoyed your week at the beach!
    I hope to see you again sometime:)

Amy deserves thanks for making my mom, mother-in-law, and I look fabulous for my wedding this past Saturday! It was truly a pleasure and we were all amazed at the staying power even with all our dancing and drinking and eating, haha. She made small changes when asked and the finished product was terrific. We had a great time and I appreciate her sharing her talents to have us looking our best!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much:) It was a pleasure working with you 3 ladies. Your mom is a gorgeous!! I love that you wore a red lipstick….most brides are afraid to go bold. You looked amazing! Please keep in touch with me…call or email anytime with makeup suggestions:)

Megan · Married on 05/02/2015

I was online looking for someone in the Wilmington area that does wedding makeup and I stumbled on Amy's website and I was immediately sold! I contacted her right away to schedule an appointment and she was quick to respond and set something up. She was always so nice, sweet and professional. I ended up knowing a few other girls who used her as well and raved about her. As soon as I saw all of her pictures though I could see the amazing work she creates and how she brings out women's natural beauty and just enhances it. It truly is a gift! I felt so pretty on my wedding day thanks to Amy. Her set up is very pretty and she makes you feel very comfortable too during the whole process. I didn't even have to tell her much of what I wanted because I trusted and knew whatever she did it would turn out beautifully. I would definitely recommend any bride or anyone that is wanting there makeup done for a special event to Amy, she is seriously amazing!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Megan! I am grateful for this amazing review….It was a pleasure working with you:)
    I just posted one of your photos on my wedding gallery….you and your dad:)
    I hope to see you sometime in the future…maybe for your baby shower?
    Congratulations Megan

Helene · Married on 04/04/2015

Amy is a truly talented makeup artist! I hired her for my wedding in April and was beyond pleased with the way she made me feel on the most important day of my life! The bridal party looked absolutely beautiful as well and we received so many compliments throughout the night. I would highly recommend amy to anyone looking for a highly skilled makeup artist and she was also a joy to work with! :) thanks again, amy!!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Thank you Helene!
    You were all so welcoming and genuinely happy with my work….that is why I do what I do:) You were a perfect bride in every way. Very quick to respond and check in with me. Great communication:)
    I loved your friends and family…all wonderful ladies…i enjoyed the conversation.
    xoxo
    Amy

Chrissy · Married on 03/21/2015

Amy is truly amazing!!! She made me look and feel like a princess on my wedding day and she was such a pleasure to work with. She is such a gifted artist and is able to bring out the best "you" she can with a makeup brush! I will definitely be keeping her number close for all my future needs for a makeup artist!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Thank you Chrissy!
    I was so happy to see your wedding photo…it was an honor to do your makeup for your wedding!
    I enjoyed you and your moms company:) Its always rewarding to make someone feel beautiful and Im glad I was able to bring your vision to life! Thank you so much!
    xo

jessica · Married on 03/14/2015

I felt so honored to have Amy do my wedding makeup! It was one of the things I looked forward to the most because I knew it would be just awesome based on every picture and word of mouth I had encountered. She has a talent for adapting to each person and making them look their best that I can't imagine is easy to do. She made over myself, 5 bridesmaids, and my mother and I must say we all looked fabulous. I believe she deserves to be artist to the stars as she is simply amazing.

Sent on 04/14/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you Jessica! It was an honor to work with you! Im so happy you were pleased:) I wish you and your husband the very best.
    Please contact me anytime for makeup questions or suggestions:)

Kayla · Married on 12/20/2014

Amy is absolutely amazing. She has so much compassion for makeup and is awesome at what she does. Her kindness and humbleness kept me calm on my wedding day and I trusted her 110% to make everyone beautiful and she exceeded my expectations of makeup beyond what I ever could have imagined. She was so easy to work with and was the least stressful part of planning my big day. Everyone was beautiful and my girls still talk about how amazing Amy was. She made such an impression, two of my bridesmaids contacted her about doing their wedding. Thank you Amy for being so kind, humbled, beautiful, and easy to work with. You made my day a lot less stressful. You are amazing.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Kayla:)
    Im so glad you were happy! I absolutely loved everyone of your bridesmaids and family! All beautiful inside and out!
    Please enjoy your new hubby and Im here anytime you need me!
    xoxo