Makeup By Amy Kennison Reviews

Makeup By Amy Kennison 3
Makeup By Amy Kennison 4
Makeup By Amy Kennison 5

MK · Married on 08/04/2017

Amy is simply a makeup genius! She was immediately recommended to me by my wedding photographer and described as the best in town. She made me feel beautiful and confident on my big day due to her professionalism, skill, and personality. She is a true artist- my face definitely felt like her blank canvas and it was so fun to let her creativity flow! I trusted her every move and the results were amazing. My friends and family were thrilled with her services and everyone looked absolutely stunning. Her natural, eye-catching style is perfect for any bride (as well as bridesmaid, maid of honor, mother of bride, mother of groom, and the list goes on!). She easily deserves 5 stars. Thank you, Amy!

Makeup By Amy Kennison 6
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 7
    Sent on 11/19/2017

maria · Married on 07/17/2017

She did an excellent job. My makeup and eyelashes lasted all night. I have extremely oily skin and my wedding was outside in july. My makeup withstood all evening with very little shine. My makeup was flawless and I received sooooo many compliments. We had people add on for makeup after they saw what an amazing job she does. She also comes to you which is stress free for the wedding day.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Marla,
    Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your wedding day!
    You were a stunning bride:)
    I am so fortunate to have amazing clients like you!
    Congratulations to you and your new husband.

Shianne · Married on 07/02/2017

Amy is fantastic!! If you’re on the fence about booking her for your wedding...do it! I didn’t have a ton of parameters for my wedding makeup, I let Amy work her magic and I’m glad I did!! I’ve never felt more beautiful! Amy is a sweetheart, I’m so thankful she was a part of my wedding day!

Makeup By Amy Kennison 8
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 9
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 10
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 11
    Sent on 10/09/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

Amy is the best! She is very detailed, organized and responds quickly to emails. My bridesmaids and I loved our make up and it lasted all night. Don't look anywhere else, book her!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren!
    You were a pleasure to work with:)
    i hope you and your new husband are having a great summer!

Allison · Married on 05/13/2017

I absolutely LOVED working with Amy! She does fantastic work and made me feel flawless on my wedding day! I could not have picked a better makeup artist for all of my wedding festivities!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Allison! thank you for taking the time to write a review!
    You were a pleasure to work with...a stunning bride:)
    Thank you for trusting me on the most important day.
    Congratulations to you and your new husband.

Kimberly · Married on 05/06/2017

Amy is the absolute BEST! Hands down the best I have ever looked in my entire life! Amy made me feel absolutely flawless and beautiful on my wedding day! She listens to what you want and then exceeds all your expectations! My makeup lasted all day and night! Thank you Amy!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Hi Kimberly,
    Im so glad you were pleased with everything.
    I love seeing your wedding photos on instagram!
    You were a stunning bride, and your bridal party was a pleasure to work with!
    I hope you ad your new husband are doing well!

Cayce · Married on 04/28/2017

Amy was amazing! From the trial to the wedding day. I don't wear a lot of makeup and Amy took that into consideration when she did my makeup. I loved my wedding day makeup. She did me (the bride), bridesmaids, mothers and friends. She really exceeded everyone's expectations.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Cayce,
    Thank you for choosing me to do your wedding makeup:)
    You are a natural beauty, a stunning bride!
    Ive got a few photos trinity sent to put on my website....they are amazing.
    I hope you and your new husband are having a great summer!

Blair · Married on 03/11/2017

Amy truly has a talent for making a bride look her best on her wedding day. I was looking for a makeup artist who could make me look great but still look like myself. In other words I didn't want to look like I was wearing a ton a makeup. I used Amy for my bridal portrait and wedding day and I could not have been more pleased with the results both times. She knew exactly how to adjust the make up for my bridal portrait versus my wedding day. In my opinion Amy can do natural makeup better than anyone in the area.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to send a review!
    I appreciate your kind words !
    The most important part of my job is listening to what my clients want and helping them feel like the most beautiful version of themselves.
    Natural glam is my favorite look:):)
    I hope you and your new husband are having a great summer!
    Thanks again

Nicole · Married on 03/11/2017

I LOVED working with Amy!!! She is fantastic!!!
    From the moment I met her I knew she was an amazing person inside and out!!! Her work is the best and lasted the whole wedding!!! Can't wait to use her again!!!!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Im so glad you liked your makeup!!
    I appreciate you going above and beyond to send a review:):)
    You were stunning on your wedding day,
    I hope to see you again soon!

Kristen · Married on 03/04/2017

I booked Amy for my wedding day last month. She was at the venue early and was already set up and ready to go when I got there. She responded to all my emails within hours. Our makeup was flawless and I got more compliments on it than I got on my dress. She was so calm and methodical it felt like she was one of the girls. I cannot praise her work enough, she is truly an artist. Her price was reasonable and she was able to work with a variety of different skin tones and individual preferences. If she is available BOOK HER!!! You wont regret it.

Sent on 04/06/2017

Katie · Married on 12/03/2016

I am so glad I was able to work with Amy for our wedding makeup! She is so talented and made everyone feel so confident and beautiful. She really is amazing at what she does, and is so kind and put everyone at ease while we were getting ready. I would recommend her to anyone! Thank you for doing such an amazing job!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Lauren · Married on 11/12/2016

She made all of my bridesmaids and I look like goddesses on my wedding day! So thankful I booked Amy! Would recommend to all of my friends.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Courtney · Married on 09/24/2016

Amy was amazing and the best, by far, in Wilmington. She is so good at what she does and made me feel truly beautiful on my wedding day. I am so picky about having my make up done because I don't wear much - and I can't tell you how much I loved my make up, I did not want to wash it off at the end of the night. I wish she could do it everyday! Thank you Amy - I will be visiting for a make up lesson soon!!!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

OMG! Courtney..thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for me!
    Your photos Ive seen so far are perfect..and you looked so natural. Your mom is a beautiful lady too:)
    Congratulations to you and your hubby!
    I hope to see you soon!
    Amy K

Ana · Married on 09/18/2016

Amy did an absolutely fantastic job with make up for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother. I chose her because of her stellar reviews (both Wedding Wire and from my other vendors), looking through her portfolio, and experience with sensitive skin. Amy was so friendly and professional and made me feel at ease despite the rough start I had my the morning of my wedding. I was glowing in all of my pictures, despite only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before and waking up that morning looking like a zombie. No one knew, except my mother and bridesmaids!! She even convinced my mother, who wears very little make up to go with the fake lashes. My mother was so pleased with her more natural look. Thank you Amy! I'd love to come back to Wilmington soon and schedule a make up lesson with you.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Katy · Married on 09/10/2016

Amy is a makeup super star. She was able to flawlessly do my makeup (airbrush), my 8 bridesmaids, and MOB the morning before our 2pm ceremony. She uses top quality makeup brands and customized each girls' makeup while staying true the 'soft/natural' look I had requested. My airbrush makeup lasted all night long and looked stunning. You can't go wrong with booking Amy for any event makeup!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Katy,
    It was a pleasure working with you...I cant thank you enough for choosing me to be a small part of your day.
    Please come see me anytime!

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2016

Amy is a true artist! I had my makeup done by Amy for my wedding and I absolutely loved the results. I wanted to look fairly natural but still have the makeup show well in photographs and that's exactly what Amy accomplished. My bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and friend were all extremely happy with their makeup as well! She's fast, talented and easy to work with!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda!
    I enjoyed working with everyone ...Your girls were awesome.
    I cant thank you enough for writing this review and allowing me to do your makeup on the most important day!
    Im here anytime you need for makeup questions...come see me text or email anytime:)
    xoAmy K

jessica · Married on 08/26/2016

Amy is the best! She is truly a pro at what she does. My wedding makeup looked fantastic, lasted all day and night in the hot humid weather, and looked great in photos. My bridesmaids' makeup looked amazing as well. Amy is so kind and open to any ideas you have, and very responsive via text/email! Would 100% recommend to anyone looking to get makeup for any occasion!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/12/2016

Amy was by far one of the best decisions I made that day! My makeup was perfect! She was promptly on time and made sure that everyone's makeup was exactly what they were looking for! She is very responsive to emails and was more than willing to answer any makeup questions I had! I can't thank you enough!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen!
    You are a gorgeous bride....and a true sweet heart!
    I hope your day was amazing!
    Im here anytime for makeup questions...
    Congratulations to you and your new husband!
    I hope to see you again:)
    xoAmy

Kim · Married on 06/09/2016

Amy was amazing. Make up looked flawless for myself and all 8 of my bridesmaids. When I asked her to bring along support to better work with my timeline, she was more than helpful and brought along Danielle, who was also amazing. Amy's calm energy was a great mix to the room as well. Makeup was flawless and stayed on all night.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Kim,
    Im so glad you were pleased with your makeup!
    I enjoyed working with your friends and family! Thank you for the opportunity:)

Laine · Married on 06/04/2016

I can only say wonderful things about Amy and her work. Amy was great to work with throughout the entire process, from scheduling, to the trial session, and finally to the big day. Not only did Amy do my makeup, but she also did the makeup for all 8 of my bridesmaids, my mom, and my now husband's mom. She truly did a phenomenal job in her work on each and every individual. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist for their wedding day or other special occasion. Thank you so much again, Amy!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Mattie · Married on 05/26/2016

Amy is phenomenal at what she does! My makeup looked perfect for my wedding day. I got my makeup done at 11 in the morning and it stayed flawless til I went to bed that night! She even gave me a baggie with extra lip stick to reapply throughout the day. She is very thoughtful!!!! Thank you Amy!!

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/20/2016

Amy Kennison was amazing. She isn't just a make up artist, she is an artist. I told her the look I wanted on my wedding day, and she exceeded all my exceptions. I told her I didn't want a natural look and wanted a dramatic look. She made that happen. All my bridesmaids, and my mother were so beautiful. Amy made me feel comfortable and like a princess on my wedding day. I will defiently be using her for future occasions and make up lessons. I highly recommend her, she will not disappoint! Thank you again Amy for your amazing work!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Brittany,
    I love the fact we went bold with your makeup...you looked amazing. You were a sweet heart on the wedding day, very cool and calm....and you made me laugh a lot:)
    Thank you for allowing me to do your makeup!
    Your wedding photos are magical!
    I wish you and your husband a long happy marriage and sending prayer for you to continue to be brave and keep your amazing spirit!
    It was such a pleasure meeting you!

ashley · Married on 05/14/2016

I NEVER like it when other people do my makeup. I have had famous makeup artists do my makeup - I hated it. I've had tv people do my makeup - I hated it. I did numerous makeup trials in Wilmington and they were ok, but I either rushed home to do my makeup or had my sister fix it by the time I got home.

After doing my makeup trial with Amy, I immediately booked her for my wedding a year in advance. She wasn't pushy with a deposit or signing a contract. She didn't even need to coordinate with my wedding planner - I loved that she communicated with me directly.

Amy was so sweet and has such a calming personality. She even gave my little sister, who wants to be a makeup artist, some tips and tricks of the trade. I needed Amy to do 11 full-faces of makeup for my wedding and false eyelashes and she wasn't even breaking a sweat by the end of it. We started on time at 8:30 (she was there early) and finished in plenty of time to take pictures. Everyone's makeup was spectacular and she listened to what each person wanted and brought everything to vision. Almost every single bridesmaid asked me for Amy's email after my wedding so they could ask her about what products she used on them.

Amy's makeup application was so on point that I actually slept with my makeup on and it looked FLAWLESS the next day!

I feel like wedding makeup has a certain look and I didn't want that when I got married. I just wanted to look like a better version of myself. Amy did that for me, and for that reason I CANNOT recommend her enough! If you are getting married soon - book her immediately and thank me later!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Ashley,
    I absolutely loved working / meeting your closest friends and family! I adore your mom who is gorgeous and i can totally see where your beauty comes from:)
    I am truly honored you chose me for your wedding day, I had no idea you had worked with celebrity artists for television so It is a huge compliment!
    I was in disbelief when I got your email 2 days after the wedding to thank me and let me know how ,much you loved everyones makeup.
    Clients like you keep me going, you are the reason I love what i do:)
    I wish you and your husband the best!

Rebecca · Married on 04/30/2016

Where do I start?! Amy was FANTASTIC! She did my makeup for bridal portraits and my wedding day. Amy was very professional to work with and passionate about making you feel absolutely beautiful. My wedding day make up survived through tears, laughter creasing, eating, and hours of dancing. I was truly amazed that it still looked fresh at the end of the night! I would recommend Amy to anyone!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Courtney · Married on 04/22/2016

Amy is awesome! She provided make up services for both my engagement photos and my wedding. She is very friendly, professional and flexible (I had to reschedule my engagement photos three times last minute). Will definitely use Amy for any future special occasions and will recommended to anyone I know needing makeup done! Thank you Amy for being a part of my wedding day!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Hi Courtney,
    You are so sweet to send this review!
    I have the photos from your portrait shoot on my website, you are stunning!
    I hope you have another reason to use my service just to come hang out and chat:)
    I wish you and your new husband the very best:)
    Amy k.