Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

41 Reviews for Beauty by Tish LLC

4.1

Tish is phenomenal. Her skills at blending the right colors and shades for your skin tone is on point. She was very professional when she did my makeup and 4 bridesmaids. I highly recommend her and will use her again. And did I mention she is great to work with and has a great personality. A beautiful person inside and out!!!

Profile Picture melissa, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish is 100% genuine, professional, arrived on time, ready, great personality, knowledgeable and overall fantastic to work with.

Profile Picture Tracey, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Rarely does the average woman get their makeup professionally done, so when events such as a wedding come up, it's very hard to find someone. When I was looking for someone to do my makeup for my wedding, I went through much trial and error until Tish was recommended to me by a friend. I had already had many instances of error with other makeup artists before my consultation with Tish, and was beginning to worry about not finding anyone to do my makeup. But the moment Tish laid the foundation on my face, I knew I had found my makeup artist.

Tish is 100% professional. She knows makeup, she knows people, and she knows how to be efficient. She is fun and has a positive attitude. Along with myself, Tish did my 3 bridesmaids' makeup and she was able to do it all in an orderly fashion. When she was finished with our makeup, she left us little bags with small sample-sized makeup so we could touch up as the night progressed.

Most importantly, Tish is versatile. I had a diverse wedding party...I am African-American, my maid of honor is white, my matron of honor is Moroccan, and my other bridesmaid is Indian. She handled the diversity without any difficulty. Doing makeup properly for all types of women is very hard to find in the Richmond area, so if you need someone with experience in all races and nationalities, Tish is your makeup artist. I cannot recommend her enough.

Profile Picture Imie, 9/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish was friendly, attentive, and professional. She is talented and a expert on her craft. Not only did she do beautiful applications during my trial and day of but she explained why she was choosing cetrain colors and types of makeup for my face. My pictures are FLAWLESS because of her. Tish was definitely my good luck charm on my special day!

Profile Picture User4622541, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I found Tish on a google search for nearby makeup artists that specialized in airbrushing. She was easy to get in touch with and we set up an appointment for a trial meeting. As soon as I walked into her studio we were talking like old friends and laughing. I showed her a few pictures of what I liked and she worked her magic and created exactly what I was hoping for. It was no question that I booked her for my wedding that instant. She showed up on site for my wedding on time and in a great mood. She was her usual happy, warm self and met all the bridesmaids and kept my nerves calm. She not only is an amazing makeup artist but also an amazing person!

Profile Picture Jenny, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish made me look amazing for my wedding day! I got my make-up done at 3pm and it lasted until the end of night (midnight) with no touch ups needed.

Profile Picture LaKeyia, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was recommended to Tish by a friend and I'm thankful for the recommendation. I used Tish for my bridal portraits and wedding day - she had me looking nothing short of amazing. She was extremely professional and detailed oriented with her craft, without a doubt I will use and recommend her services in the future.

Profile Picture User4106317, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish was wonderful to work with from start to finish! Although I was attending a Marine Corps Ball, and not a wedding, as well as booking an appointment for just myself, she was quick to respond and helpful in coordinating a time that gelled with both of our schedules! Her application was flawless, and came out better than I could have imagined-If only I could carry her around in my makeup bag!! I have no doubt she could execute the perfect look regardless of your event or desire, and she is dear to work with! I will DEFINITELY return, and recommend her to anyone and everyone even thinking of having their makeup professionally done!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/2/20, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish did a beautiful job on my makeup! She listened to my needs created the look that I was looking for.

Profile Picture Tanisha, 10/5/13, 1 Review
1.4

I was very excited when I found Tish, my sister-in-law actually found her and we were impressed by her indian wedding makeup photos and we were both excited to get our makeup done. I searched at least 6 months to find a artist that would be able to do our wedding. Most businesses turned me down because the size of my party was small. We didn't have the traditional bridesmaids/maid of honor etc etc. So when Tish responded we were excited. Due to being in and out of the dr's I had to continue rescheduling our trial date, it was hard to find the time in my schedule and having it match up with her's. Which that wasn't her fault and she was very accommodating when it came to find the time. The trial time unfortunately wasn't scheduled until 5 days before the wedding (it was the only time we could do it). But the night before the trial I get an email from her telling me that she had to cancel and couldn't do my wedding. She offered to refund my deposit but didn't do anything else to help me out. She canceled 5 days before my wedding. She didn't have a back-up plan or anything, I was extremely upset about her leaving me high and dry with nothing but a refund. I would not recommend her to a friend or family. This is not how you run a business.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User2993866, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Great service... Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Almas, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish this a wonderful job. I loved my makeup and everyone in the party looked great as well. I loved my makeup.

Profile Picture Achetou, 6/1/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was extremely pleased with Tish! She was very professional and did such a great job on my makeup. I would def recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture User2527151, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish was amazing. She was very experienced, very professional and did exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to look too over the top for my wedding and she did an outstanding job of making me look and feel absolutely beautiful for my big day while still giving me a natural look. She does some costume makeup as well so I was a little nervous by looking at pictures on her website but there is absolutely not reason to be nervous at all. She knows how to do anything. I recommend doing a "trial run" before the wedding. We did this a few weeks earlier and it allowed her to get to know me and my desired "look". I wanted to change the color of my eye shadow and she was willing to go back and revise it. I wouldn't ever look to use anyone else after using her for my wedding. Can't say enough positive things about her.

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I cant say enough about Tish and her work. I went to the bridal trial about a month before my event and was blown away by her skills. She was fantastic. I have a bit of scarring and was able to walk away from the trail with flawless skin. She works well with your ideas and hits them spot on. My MOH and MOB also received makeup on the day of the event without a pretrial and also raved about the experience. My MOB has scarring left over from radiation treatment and Tish did her magic and covered the scarring completely. My mother was so emotionally overcome with joy. Everyone raved about how flawless we looked. The make up is not heavy, looks very natural, and wears all night long.

Profile Picture Nakeina, 3/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish is the best in town! Hands down she will always be my choice for being glammed up. She was professional and again just the best. Thank you so much for making me look like the best version of me on my big day!!

Profile Picture Tracy, 2/15/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ms. Perkins did the bridal makeup for myself and my entire bridal party. I would highly recommend her as she is extremely professional and GREAT at her job. Given that I experienced so much stress with other vendors leading up to my wedding it was absolutely refreshing to have someone so polite and professional. Every time I contacted her she responded quickly. I received countless compliments on the makeup at my wedding as well as the trial run.

If you are considering Makeup Artistry by Tish I would advise you to look no further. She is wonderful!

Profile Picture Stacy, 11/10/12, 2 Reviews
2.6

Tish is a highly talented artist; I had a trial with her and she did a great job.

We had signed an agreement, I paid my deposit, and then four days before my wedding she told me she had to cancel (some family related event she wanted to go to).

So although she was pleasant to be around and did great work, I just caution you that she is not 100% reliable, at least in my experience.

She also recommended another MUA to contact in her stead but didn't even check to see first if that MUA was free (I contacted her and she was already booked). That just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Luckily I scrambled and found someone else to do make-up on my wedding day for me and my bridesmaids and mother-in-law. It really stressed me out to have to scramble like that at the last minute though.

I understand family events come up and you want to be there to support them, but I also think a wedding is a once in a lifetime event and to cancel at the last minute is not professional.

Though Tish said she was sorry she also flaked at the last minute (bottom line). So just beware that that is possible for you, too.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Angela, 11/10/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish was amaizing, she arrived ontime was extremely professional and performed an outstanding job. She made my day remarkable. She transformed me into the world's most beautiful bride and moments. I loved my makeup and the make up of my bridesmaids.

I highly recommend Tish to all brides out there....

Love you Tish!!!

Profile Picture Minneh, 9/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Look no further, but MUA by Tish is the best hands down in Virginia!!! She is professional, talented, and will definitely deliver on that most important day. I treated my bridesmaids to makeup on my wedding day and they are still talking about their makeup. She has a wonderful spirit and really loves her work, which shows on the finished product of beautiful faces! I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Kristi, 8/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Thank you again for your great service and for your awesome talent!!!! All the girls loved you and thought you fit right in with our crazy bunch!!!
Your personality and work professionalism were outstanding. I hope to work with you again and I am sooo glad that my sister ran across your services!!! When u blowwwww up super super super big don't forget about the little people.
Again thank you, also I sent you an invitation to view our photos!!!

Profile Picture felicia, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Tish and her team know exactly what me and all my bridesmaid wanted to look that day and my brides maid is very picky when it comes to their make up and they're very happy with the result.
They arrive on time and very professional.

Profile Picture ninuk, 7/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My Bridemaids and Mom loved there makeup. Thanks Tish!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My beauty transformation was the most wonderful experience for me to see myself as the most beautiful bride Ive ever seen. I was so pretty that I didnt want to wash the make up off. I would definitely refer this make up artist to other brides that is seeking that perfect look for their special day because Tish certainly makes you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thanks and I look forward to working with you again.

Keisha

Profile Picture LaKeisha , 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I have to say working with Tish was the best part of my prewedding pampering. She was so amazing. She showed up early and was able to accommodate a last minuet addition to the schedule. My makeup was flawless and I was so happy. As for value, I would say she was very reasonable and even accepted credit which was very helpful for the bridesmaids who choose to have their makeup done as well. Overall, I dont think I could have choosen a better makeup artist for my wedding day!! I was that pleased with how she made me look like a porcelain doll!!

Profile Picture katie, 6/9/12, 6 Reviews