Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman Reviews

172 | Falls Church, VA

172 Reviews for Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman

Alina did a FANTASTIC job. As a bride who typically just wears the same minimal make up to work and only wears about two different hairstyles everyday it was hard for me to explain what I wanted on my wedding day. All I had were a couple of pictures on Pinterest and Alina was able to magically figure out what would look best on me. I really did not have a complete idea of what I wanted until the day of the wedding, and she was able to do my hair and makeup beautifully. I was unbelievably happy with the result. I also had a long wedding day with a noon ceremony and a party that went really late and my hair and makeup held up through some serious dancing! Another thing you may not realize until your actual wedding day is how important it is to stay on time in the morning and Alina was extremely professional about staying on track so that you and anyone else getting their hair and makeup done will be done on time. I would 100% recommend Alina to you! You will get exactly what you want and look perfect on your wedding day!!!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Katherine, thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am very happy that everything lasted so well through the day, taking into consideration on how early we started on that day!

Samantha · Married on 09/26/2015

Alina did a fantastic job on our wedding make-up. She is very responsive to emails and was happy to answer all of my questions. Alina is very professional and her contract was very easy to understand. My trial and wedding day make up was exactly what I wanted--I looked like myself (but better!). She was very thorough about explaining what type of make-up application would be best for different skin types and each bridesmaid looked beautiful. The day of the wedding, Alina was very easy to work with and stuck to her schedule very well--we were ready right on time. I definitely recommend Alina--she's friendly, professional, and her work is flawless!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Samantha, thank you for great review, I'm happy we were the part of your big day! It was great to meet all your friends!

I found Alina 10 months before my wedding date through a wedding website called The Knot. Alina was very easy to work with and get in contact with. She responded to every email quickly and was able to answer all questions while being flexible. I was SO pleased with my look on my wedding day! Alina took the time to listen to what look I was going for the day of the trial and made sure that I was happy with what she did. I received so many compliments on my makeup and how it made my eyes pop. I could not have achieved this look without her. I highly recommended her especially if you want a stress free wedding day =)

Sent on 10/05/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Kelsey, thank you for leaving this wonderful review, I'm very happy I was a part of your big day, and glad that I was able to do the look that you wanted!

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2015

Alina is a masterful artist! She listened to what I wanted and it came out better than I could have every imagined. The makeup and hair lasted all night. I just got my proofs back and... wow. Just stunning.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Lauren, thank you for the review!I'm happy you liked everything and I looking forward seeing those photos!:)

Alina Karaman is a very talented hair and make-up artist! I had the pleasure of meeting Alina when she did my hair and make-up for our engagement photo shoot, and that turned out great! As for the day of our wedding, Alina and her team perfectly executed our all of our looks. Everyone looked stunning all the way through the night! I highly recommend Alina Karaman and her team due to her superb customer service and flawless execution. Thanks, Alina!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Leish, thank you so much for your review! It was a great experience working with you!

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2015

Alina did an amazing job on my wedding day makeup! Everything stayed in place for an August wedding and she followed what we discussed in my trial to the T. I would recommend her for any wedding or event for sure!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sarah, thank you for the review! I'm glad everything stayed, it was pretty hot outside on that day! We had wonderful time working with you and meeting your family and friends!

Jessica · Married on 06/14/2015

Alina was probably one of the brightest stars of my entire wedding planning. She ALWAYS responded to my emails quickly and with a lot of detail. I was even able to ask her questions about how to best prepare my skin in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and she offered great advice. She was always willing to be very helpful and kind.
    She's also very funny and I love chatting with her. When you're sitting in a chair, having makeup applied for 30 minutes, she'll come up with great stuff to talk with you about.
    As for my makeup - it definitely stood the test of time in the hot Virginia summer, which is really amazing. Even by the end of the night, my makeup was working so hard. I felt she did such a great job on me, the moms, and all of my bridesmaids - everyone was wowwed and impressed with her makeup skills. She was also very flexible with what my party wanted in their makeup - heavier, lighter, darker, more natural, etc.
    If you are looking for a professional, fun, exciting, talented, and outstanding makeup artist for your DC/NoVA/MD wedding, I think that Alina is probably one of the best in the industry, and you'd be very lucky to have her.

It's also worth nothing that Alina also works with many artists who do hair, and she brought along 3 girls to do our hair, and each of them did a stunning job as well. Their names were Melissa, Karinda, and Erika, and they were so thoughtful, talented, and wonderful to be around!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Jessica, thank you for your great review, it was such a pleasure to be the part of your very special day! We all had great time meeting your friends and family, I am happy we all were able to be there for you!

Stephanie · Married on 05/23/2015

Working with Alina was wonderful! Alina provided wedding hair services for myself, my mother and two bridesmaids and made us each feel special on "the big day". Highly recommend her if you have an upcoming wedding or special occasion.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Stephanie, it was great to meet your friends and mom, I'm sure you had a great time that day, looking forward to see the photos!

Helen · Married on 05/09/2015

Alina and her team were excellent! She did a great job on my makeup and it lasted all night. My hair was beautiful as well and stayed put in an up do even with all my dancing. I really enjoyed working with them. She did exactly what I wanted with me not even knowing how to ask. My bridesmaids were all stunning as well! Thanks so much Alina!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Helen, thanks a lot for a great review, me and Joy enjoyed working with you and meeting all of your wonderful friends!
  • User5134808 · event on: 04/29/2015

Alina was great to work with. Professional, courteous and a good eye for matching hair and makeup with outfits/setting. The undo and makeup lasted for the entire outdoor photo shoot and well into the evening. She was a pleasure to work with. Would give her 6 stars if I could.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sondra, thank you for the review, it was great to meet you, I'm glad you loved the work that we did!

I highly recommend Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman for your wedding day. I had the good fortune to have Alina and Erika work with me and my bridesmaids the morning of my wedding. They are incredibly talented makeup and hairstylists, and just wonderful individuals who made us feel completely at ease. From the moment I contacted Alina until the final bobby pin was placed, she was responsive, attentive, organized, and professional. She really has a great vision for your look, but also listens to what you want and helps make it happen. I was particularly impressed with how well she and Erika executed the hairstyles for my mom and bridesmaids after just looking at a picture on Pinterest or listening to them describe what they wanted. Even though Alina works many events, she made me feel like mine was first and foremost on her agenda. She never rushed me or overlooked any detail. My makeup and hair held up beautifully throughout the night and look wonderful in the wedding pictures as well.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Victoria, thank you for the great words! Me and Erika truly enjoyed being the part of your special day! We absolutely love the photos too!

Alex · Married on 01/31/2015

Alina was wonderful for hair and makeup for my wedding! She did the makeup for me (the bride!), my four bridesmaids, and my mom. She also did the hair for one of my bridesmaids (my sister), and an assistant named Joy did everyone else’s hair. I could not be happier with Alina and Joy!

I will review the makeup (Alina) first: I never wear makeup, so I was nervous that I would not look like myself on my big day (i.e., too much makeup), but Alina listened to what I wanted and kept my look very natural and light. I have some bridesmaids who love getting dolled up, and Alina was able to do their makeup so that they were happy AND it was in line with the “look” for my wedding. It takes serious skill to make everyone happy (from me, who never wears makeup, to my bridesmaids, who love it!). Everyone felt confident the whole night!

Now the hair (Alina and Joy): Alina did a great job on my sister’s hair. Again, she listened to what my sister wanted, and created a great look that stayed the whole night (my sister wanted wavy/flowy hair but has very limp hair…Alina worked magic, and the waves stayed all night!). Joy was also a master hairdresser. I let my bridesmaids pick whatever hairstyle they wanted, and Joy was able to give everyone the look she wanted! She was very versatile. Again, serious skill!

The best part was that the makeup and hair stayed fresh from when we had it done (early afternoon) to the end of the night (past midnight). And, Alina and Joy were friendly, professional, punctual, and responsive. I highly recommend them for your special day!

Sent on 03/15/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Alex, thank you so much for your warm wards, we are truly happy that we could be a part of your very special day, and made everyone happy with the look everyone went for!

Lauren · Married on 01/10/2015

There is only one person I'd ever trust my hair and makeup to, again, and that is Alina! I can't say enough about her. I have a rare disease that causes lots of visible symptoms and she was able to make me look beautiful on my wedding day! She researched my condition, only used products safe for me, and truly made me feel beautiful. I accidentally elbowed my groom in the eye in my sleep a few nights before our wedding and she was even able to cover up his bruise! She truly saved the day! We will always love Alina!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Lauren, thank you for a great review! It was great to meet you! You and your friends are the most positive people I've met! Very happy I was a part of your very special day!

Melina · Married on 12/20/2014

Alina was absolutely great! She make me look beautiful on my Wedding day. My Hair and makeup were stunning.
    We did together also a trial that I used for my engagement pictures.
    She was so punctual and profesional, so you won't have any additional stress on your event/special day.
    Thanks Alina for everything :)

Sent on 04/01/2015

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Melina, thank you for great review! It was a wonderful closing of 2014 wedding season with your wedding!

Brittany · Married on 10/19/2014

Alina was amazing and I highly recommend her for both hair and makeup. My situation was somewhat unique in that I was only having hair and makeup done for me - most places that I contacted would not come for one person, but Alina was willing to do it. We did the trial far in advance and she was able to totally replicate the look months later for the wedding. She's very responsive, which is great when you are trying to iron down those final details. I have never felt more beautiful and she was such an important part of the day overall!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Brittany, thank you for the review, the next day after your wedding! It was so great to see you again, and meet your mom and a best friend!

sadaf · Married on 10/18/2014

Alina was great! On the day of my trial she did a great job but there were a few things I wanted to change. On the day of my wedding, Alina came early and told me she would stay longer and make sure I love my hair. She did an excellent job and made sure that I looked exactly how I wanted. She was extremely professional, nice and did an outstanding job. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a hair stylist.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sadaf, thank you for the review, it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day!

Emily · Married on 10/18/2014

Alina did such an amazing job on my wedding day! She was so professional throughout the entire process, even when I kept changing my mind about my make-up about a thousand times. My bridesmaids looked absolutely stunning, and I couldn't have been happier with the way my hair and make-up turned out! I was a little nervous about everyone's hair getting messed during the photos because it was really windy outside, but everyone's hair stayed in tact with no issues! I loved the way Alina made my make-up look natural, but also showed up really well in the pictures. I would highly recommend Alina for any special occasion! She does a superb job!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Emily, thank you for a great review! It was a pleasure working with you on such an important day! Happy to hear that everything went well!

Sarah · Married on 09/27/2014

Alina was amazing at my wedding. She was very efficient and listened to what everyone wanted their makeup. She was especially attentive with me. My makeup held up perfectly through the night.

Nicole did our hair. She was also great! She brought an assistant along to help with curling and they had their process done to a science. They both were helpful with suggestions if any of the ladies weren't sure what they were looking for and knew how to adapt any style.

I can't recommend these ladies enough! Thank you for making us all beautiful!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sarah, thank you for kind words, we had great time!

I only wanted to use Alina for my wedding. She is as talented with hair and makeup and I have complete trust in her. I have now used he several times this year. I look forward to having a long relationship with her.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Alina was absolutely fantastic! I felt so relaxed knowing that I was in such good hands on my wedding day. We had a trial first and while she did a great job, I changed my mind about my hairstyle a few weeks later. All I had to do was email her some pictures, and then she did exactly what I wanted on my wedding day. My hair and makeup looked perfect and lasted from 7 in the morning until 1am - even with a (careful) nap taken in the afternoon! I'm convinced that she can do absolutely anything with hair. As for makeup, I requested a very natural look, and that's exactly what she did. I hardly looked like I had any makeup on, yet somehow I looked a lot better than I do in "real" life. I think air-brushed makeup and fake lashes go a long way. On top of doing such great work, she was super responsive to all my emailed questions over the months and was very friendly - and pretty hilarious! - in person. She isn't cheap, but her pricing was on par with other vendors I researched, so she was definitely worth it. I couldn't recommend her more highly!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Stephanie, thank you for a great review! Its good to know that the hairstyle lasted through a nap, I can tell this to our future brides :)

Absolutely loved working with Alina! She listened to what I wanted - and gave me exactly that. My bridesmaids were very happy with their looks, too. 110% recommend!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Thank you, Randee!
  • User4190652 · 2+ years ago

I couldn't have asked for a better hair and makeup stylist for my wedding day! Alina perfectly captured the look I had in mind for our rustic, outdoor event, and her attention to detail and professionalism at our trial really put me at ease. I also appreciated that Alina was willing to do services for just me, in contrast to other stylists who have very high minimum charges. Alina showed up exactly on time, took her time to make sure my hair and makeup was exactly how I wanted it, and was finished on time as well - a small detail but one that is really important on such a busy day! The whole process was seamless and my hair and makeup lasted all night long.

Sent on 06/22/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Kelly, thank you for the great review! I'm glad we were a part of your very special day!

I got married during Memorial Day weekend and felt so beautiful thanks to Alina and Joy. They both arrived on time and got straight to work. Alina did my makeup and Joy did my hair. I had my trial with them back in February and decided I wanted to slightly change a few things for the wedding. They were both so accommodating and I received a lot of compliments! I've already referred the two of them to my friend who is getting married this summer and will be sure to do so in the future.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Thank you for the review, Shima! We had a great time!
  • User4145640 · event on: 05/18/2014

I thought Alina did a fantastic job with my hair and makeup. She was able to come to my hotel room and arrived and finished up on time. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Maggie, thank you for the review, I hope your photos turned out great!

Sabine · Married on 04/26/2014

Alina (makeup) and Joy (hair) from Make-up and Hair by Alina G Karaman did a fabulous job on my wedding day! Both Alina and Joy, as well as the other hair stylist they brought along, really captured the hairstyles and makeup styles that I, my bridesmaids, and the mothers wanted. Everyone looked natural and beautiful! After a terrible hair and makeup trial with another vendor, I was so relieved to find Alina and her team - they were sweet, funny, professional, and really knew what they were doing. I felt confident from the trial with Alina Karaman that I was in good hands to look my best on my wedding day. In addition,their prices were very competitive for on site hair and makeup! Thanks again Alina!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sabine, thank you for a great review! We were happy to be the part of your special day, and had a wonderful time!