Maison de Mode Reviews

10 | Houston, TX

10 Reviews for Maison de Mode

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2012

I love Maison de Mode. Unfortunately, the owner decided that the wedding dress business was taking too much time away from her family and decided to close the shop. The store closed only a few months after I ordered my dress. The owner called me and let me know even before the store officially closed. We were able to work out how I was to get my wedding dress. She made sure to let me know when it came in and we picked a time and convenient location for me to come pick it up. The dress was in amazing condition and the belt I ordered came just as I wanted it.

It's really a shame Maison de Mode closed. Hopefully she decides to reopen in a few years because I would send brides to this store in a heartbeat. The owner is incredibly professional and you will walk away with your perfect dress at a great price. I have several friends who all bought dresses here who had the exact same reaction as me.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/14/2011

On a whim, I went to Maison de Mode and found that they were having a huge sale on dresses that had been discontinued or were floor samples. I ended up buying a beautiful gown for a fraction of the original price!! The ladies there were great to work with, and the store itself has such an elegant feel. I also got my alterations done there and had the dress cleaned and pressed across the street. Overall, the value was unbeatable (girls, hit the sales!), and it was a great place to get THE dress!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Stephani · Married on 05/16/2009

I absolutely loved working with Maison de Mode. They have beautiful gowns - gowns that are $1500-$3500 but look like they are much more expensive. I found my dress for less at another store and they gave me a more competitive discount. The staff was wonderful to work with and did a beautiful job on the alterations. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an original, beautiful gown!

Sent on 10/10/2009

Gabby · Married on 04/25/2009

I had a wonderful experience here at Maison de Mode. The gowns are beautiful and priced well. I had a budget of $2500 to $3500 and most of the gowns that I tried on were in that range. I found my perfect dress by Angel Sanchez. I love it, not only I found my dream dress, they were so nice. I will for sure recommend this shop to my friends.

Sent on 09/17/2009

Kourtney · Married on 08/21/2010

The ladies at Maison de Mode were fantastic to work with! I found my dream dress at their shop. The entire purchasing and alterations process went so smoothly. The ladies were so welcoming and were always there to offer advice if I needed it. I highly recommend Maison de Mode for future brides searching for their perfect dress!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Megan · Married on 04/23/2011

LOVE my dress! The sales person was great about only showing me dresses in my budget and the service was great. I did my alterations here as well, very reasonably priced. I had a full, ballgown skirt of tulle and was really worried the bustle would turn me into a victorian lady with a huge fluff butt but the alterations woman worked it out so my bustle looked great and was not a giant fluff mess. The only sad thing was my bustle did fall out a few times on the dance floor. Not sure if this could have been helped but it was obnoxious.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Andie · Married on 08/07/2010

They do carry beautiful gowns, but be aware that the alterations can only happen on 2 days a week. They did have the alterations finished within 2 weeks though. They are nice ladies to work with, and will give their honest opinions if you want them to, which is wonderful!

Sent on 08/26/2010

Katherine · Married on 05/02/2010

Maison de Mode is the opposite of the big wedding dress factory-type stores. It's a beautiful little boutique in Rice Village with a smaller selection of well-chosen gowns. They stock chic and stylish gowns that look more expensive than they are. I thought that I would hate wearing the White Dress until I found my champagne-colored, silk and Spanish lace gown that was more special than the average wedding dress. It was a wonderful shopping experience when we bought, and the service carried through to the lovely tailor who fit the dress perfectly.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Codrutza · Married on 10/17/2009

3.5

I am European and through this quaint, intimate and chic boutique got a European gown that I loved and got numerous accolades for. Great value/quality/price ratio. I also ordered shoes through them as they did not have a big in store inventory. Customer service is great, both Priscilla and Neda offer a very customized experience and professional, accommodating, non intrusive support.

Sent on 11/04/2009

3.8
      3.5

If I could just review the woman who did my alterations, I would. She was absolutely fabulous and deserves 5 stars all over the place. As for the actual boutique, the staff wasn't as friendly as I was hoping for wedding shopping, but they did have a great selection of dresses where I found "the one."

Sent on 11/29/2011