Maine Coast Wedding Photography Reviews

Maine Coast Wedding Photography 5
Maine Coast Wedding Photography 6
Maine Coast Wedding Photography 7

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2015

Michael Wilson was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding photos. I urge people to use his services. He did an amazing job capturing our special day, giving us exceptional shots. We were so comfortable with Michael and pleased with his ideas. He is professional, with great energy and personality. We appreciated the time he spent scouting the grounds and surrounding area for places to photograph. He produced samples within a couple days and the final flash drive within a month.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Benjamin · Married on 10/04/2015

Michel made our day complete. From the moment we met him , we had a great feeling thdt he was our man. He is punctual , professional , courteous and professional. He has a wonderful sense of humor and timing. We weren't looking for stuffy posed pictures- we wanted to capture the love and joy and real emotion that was our wedding day. He couldn't have done a nicer job. Michel is one of those people who has a gift and is humble about it. The images he captured contain all the love and joy that our wedding at was and we couldn't be happier with his work. He is a diamond in the rough and to this day we still keep in touch with him. He is just a fantastic human being and talented artist.

Sent on 01/29/2016

Mark · Married on 08/15/2015

MW Photography gets only the highest marks from us. Michael truly earned a top rating in every category. From our first meeting through the engagement photos, the wedding and on through the delivery of a beautiful photo album, Michael far-exceeded our expectations at every milestone. He always took as much time as we needed to make sure he understood our wants and needs. His demeanor is very comforting and he was attentive to both of us, throwing in humor when needed and reassurance when we were a little apprehensive.

We had an unconventional indoor/outdoor barn wedding up in Maine that had several difficult lighting situations. Michael handled all of them with high professionalism and fine artistry—a balance that is very rare. Nature threw in an hour-long summer downpour—during family photos—that didn't throw Michael one bit. He took charge and was as efficient as I've ever seen a photographer. He covered the timeline of the wedding from the bride's pre-wedding preparations through the entire day and also got some spectacular night shots. We weren't surprised at all to have several wedding guests tell us how awesome the photographer was and how hard he was working. They will surely come calling for his info when they need a great photographer.

Michael took thousands of photos and as a graphic designer and photoshop professional I can say that he is as outstanding a post production artist as he is a photographer. He gave us all the photos on a beautiful wooden thumb-drive—organized by print-ready and web-ready and even outtakes—from which I could see the huge amount of time and effort he put in.

Let all the other decisions be the tough ones and hire Michael for your wedding or event. It will be the wisest and most rewarding choice you make.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

Wow thank you Mark! You and Alix are such wonderful amazing people, and your friends and family were so easy going, it made my job far more fun than work. I am so happy to have been such a big part of your day. You've made me wish all weddings were in barns in Maine!

Kelly · Married on 07/05/2015

I am extremely glad we choose to hire Michael Wilson as our wedding photographer. I am shy and less than photogenic, Michael was really considerate of it that when we took engagement photographs around Brooklyn. After our engagement photo's it was clear he was absolutely the right photographer for us. He is open creatively and takes the time to delve into what best reflects you as a couple, and you as an individual. He crafted these beautiful sequences of photographs right before our ceremony as we encountered various local sights. My family loved the way he interacted with them, pulling these moments organically out of the evening, instead of forcing loads of overly choreographed shots. We had a wedding that went from a sunny outdoor ceremony, to a dimly lit historic building, and back out to a patio under the stars for dancing. I was so pleased when I saw the quality of image we got for every one of these drastically different moments of our wedding. I can truly say Michael surpassed all of our already high expectations for the photographs of our important day.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Michael · Married on 06/20/2015

Michael was a pleasure to work with and captured our wedding day perfectly. He was easy to work with, had great ideas and worked tirelessly throughout the day. 100% A+++ Hire this man before he is booked up for the year!

-Michael

Sent on 01/13/2016

Julie · Married on 06/13/2015

Michael Wilson is a dream. You can't imagine having a better photographer, or person, to photograph you on your wedding day. His photographs are absolutely beautiful and stunning. He captures the moments you will want to remember in a classic and timeless way. He is a joy to work with. Wedding planning can be quite stressful (at least for me)! Every time I spoke to Michael he made me feel so relaxed and excited about my wedding day. He took time to learn about and explore the city and venue where we were married, to scout locations for perfect photos, and to learn about what we wanted and what was important to us. And during the wedding weekend, his vibe was incredibly professional, polished, positive and relaxed. Just what you will need/want. All our guests raved about him and about the photos. They are fabulous. He's a true pro.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/04/2015

Michael was fantastic beginning to end. So many of the other photographers we met with were pushy, difficult or otherwise off-putting. From the first meeting with Michael we felt at ease and completely comfortable with him. His professionalism and helpfulness on our wedding day made the experience that much more enjoyable. It was easy to forget there was even a camera there, we never felt awkward or posed. He was a delight to work with throughout the whole process and our photographs came out great, they were exactly what we were looking for.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/15/2014

Michael did an amazing job photographing our wedding reception (we were married out of state and just had a reception with friends and family later on). He was easy to get in touch with, and responded quickly. We both loved that he got such great candid photos of everyone having a great time. He was very flexible and willing to get all of the photos we wanted to get, plus so many others that he set up or moments that he caught. I was impressed how quickly we received the finished photos! Michael was so nice, so professional, and gave us such great quality photos of our special night. I hope we are able to work with him again in the future! I tell everyone I know about him!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Suzanne · Married on 10/25/2014

Mike is a truly talented photographer! I enthusiastically and HIGHLY recommend him! ALL of the photos he took are beautiful! He is really able to capture our personality in all the photos, both candid and posed. In the months/weeks leading up to the wedding he had great suggestions for how to best organize and utilize time to take photos so that we can enjoy our time together and with our families. He was truly everywhere snapping amazing pictures from cool angles! He is working at full speed the entire time but appears so casual and professional the entire time. He somehow managed to get beautiful pictures of the wedding location and the small decoration details that we spent so much time planning while also getting so many candid shots of everyone at the wedding during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He is a friendly, fun and personable guy, which helps when taking many posed pictures one after the other! He did a lot of organization and prep work before the wedding using google satellite images to help create a flow for the photos. He looked up the sunset time and offered suggestions to take advantage of the various lighting at the different times of day. The day before the wedding he scouted out the location (it was a destination wedding in a botanic garden) to plan out some great spots for pictures. With his professionalism, planning and organization we did not spend any time worrying about or planning the photography for our wedding. After the wedding he was able to edit a small sample of images as a preview and shortly after he had another sample available on his website. Shortly after he sent us an external drive with all of the wedding images in various formats, with an established amount edited by him, in addition to all of the other photos from the wedding! I highly recommend Mike Wilson for all of your photography needs.

Sent on 03/08/2015

Jeannine · Married on 10/25/2014

Michael photographed my wedding ceremony and reception, and I couldn't have been happier! Before the event, he visited the venue, picked out great photo spots, and mapped out a route for the wedding party. He was flexible and professional, he put the guests and wedding party at ease, and he made the whole day feel like a breeze. His work is stunning, and I feel grateful to have such gorgeous photos of my wedding. Thank you, Mike!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Elisabeth · Married on 09/27/2014

We could not have been happier with choosing Michael as our wedding photographer, and neither could our guests! After the wedding, when complimenting us on our food and decorations and other things, they also commented on how friendly and professional our photographer was! Months before the wedding he was willing to discuss with us multiple times our photo needs. We took our first look, couple, and group photos before the ceremony (highly recommend getting it out of the way), and he was amazing throughout. Everyone felt very comfortable in front of his camera, and nothing looked cheesy. I am pretty critical of other people's wedding photos, and our wedding was not traditional, so I wanted our photos to look natural and relaxed. Michael achieved that remarkably. I was very pleased with every decision he made (our poses, the settings he photographed us in, lighting) and the group photos went by smoothly without missing anyone. I received the final photos quickly and they were absolutely beautiful.

Rebecca · Married on 07/05/2014

I highly recommend Michael Wilson as a photographer. He was extremely professional but also had a laid-back attitude that made him easy to talk to throughout our wedding process. He had creative ideas that I never would have thought of, but also managed to take all of the shots we'd hoped for. We didn't have a videographer and I feel that Michael was able to show us everything we'll ever need to remember from our wedding. He captured moments that I didn't even know were happening!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Geoff · Married on 06/28/2014

If I could describe MW Wedding Photography with one word it would be fabulous! Every detail was covered including the site visit a week prior to get the best angles for the pictures.

Allison · Married on 09/28/2013

We loved working with Mike and cannot recommend him highly enough!! He was our photographer for both our engagement shoot and our wedding. He made us feel completely comfortable and was even able to bring out our previously unknown photogenic side. Mike was a photography ninja during the ceremony! He was completely unobtrusive and discreet. He was able to capture some amazing candid photographs!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Dmitri · Married on 09/21/2013

Michael was really awesome! He showed up on time, had everything organized and worked non-stop to take the best pictures at our wedding. He never got in the way and we never had to worry about a single thing with regards to photography. The pictures turned out great and he was everything that we had wanted from a photographer. Highly recommended!

Vladimir · Married on 05/31/2012

My wife and I hired Michael Wilson for our engagement and wedding photos. They both came back looking amazing. He really has an eye for capturing not just the scene but the emotions on everyone's faces. There were not just the pictures we posed for but also candid pictures that really captured our and our families joy at the wedding. As a nice bonus we even got some really great pictures of each of us getting ready for the wedding from my wife's makeup being done to me at the venue making sure I had the rings. This was a nice touch because my wife and I got to see what the other person went through when we were not together. He is very professional and came fully prepared for both events. For the engagement pictures he picked an amazing spot that went way beyond the usual locations for photos. For the wedding pictures he went to the venue on his own before the event and knew exactly where would be the best place to set up and capture everything. The sets that he gives back are also well thought out. We got one set of higher resolution pictures for print, another set to post on Facebook and even a set to email to friends and family that could not attend the event. I would use him again in a heartbeat for any other major life milestone.

Sent on 03/06/2015

Carlett · Married on 05/31/2012

I was lucky to be Michael's first wedding client! He did our engagement photos along with our wedding pictures! He takes beautiful pictures and is a pleasure to work with. My photos came out amazing and I loved that he was able to capture candid moments. I've had no problems with Michael and would recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Sent on 03/07/2015