35 Reviews for Main Street Weddings & Events

Lights (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
34 Main Street Weddings & Events Reviews

We were happy to plan and organize our own wedding, but wanted to hire a day-of coordinator to handle things on the spot so that we could relax and enjoy the day. We hired Main Street Weddings and worked with Lauren and her assistant Lisa, and we're so happy we did!
First of all, this might seem dumb, but we highly appreciate the clear listings of services and pricing on their website. It's pretty frustrating how many wedding vendors don't provide this very basic information upfront. I don't want to read about how special days are special for special brides blahblahblah, I just want to know how much money I need to give you, and what service you will provide for that fee. Other super helpful early stuff: they give you access to a great website that made it super easy to mess with seating charts and table layout. Renting linens from them was helpful- one less vendor to think about. And shortly before our venue walk-through they sent us a super-detailed questionnaire about all things wedding, which was fantastically helpful both as a sanity-check to see if we were forgetting anything major, and as a good checklist to make sure we had all those tiny nitty-gritty wedding details nailed down.
The main service, of course, was the actual day-of coordination. LISTEN PEOPLE: IF YOUR BUDGET CAN SPARE IT, EVEN IF YOU DYI EVERYTHING ELSE, GET A DAY-OF COORDINATOR! It was so insanely helpful both going into the big day, and on the day itself, knowing that all the details I'd worked hard on for months were in excellent hands. Our wedding was a stress-free dream! Lauren and Lisa did a beautiful job setting everything up. Somehow they managed to move an entire canoe out of the middle of the dance floor without us noticing (we still have no clue how/when they did this). They even went above-and-beyond by staying with our dog when he got spooked by the storm and had to hide in the dressing room.

Profile Picture Elga, 8/18/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

I simply haven't the words to accurately describe how incredible Jessica and her team were. Our wedding was a complete and total success and I owe it all to Jessica. From the moment we first sat down to talk 'vision,' I knew that I could breathe again because Jessica would help me handle all of the wedding craziness :) I simply couldn't handle all of the stress of planning a wedding, let alone all of the day-of details. We enlisted the services of Jessica at Main Street Weddings. She truly made our day possible. Every detail was planned out, every concern/question of mine was heard, and she even saved the day when my photobooth randomly cancelled on us the morning of the wedding! She took it upon herself to find another photobooth and make sure it arrived, and was set up, on-time! I will recommend Jessica to every single person I can because she truly made our day PERFECT. Thank you, Jessica!!!!!!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/9/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Jessica was an essential part in making my wedding day absolutely perfect. My mom passed away 6 months before my wedding and Jessica was so understanding and really assisted me in getting everything together when it was no longer my main focus. She helped me put together all the little details and my day turned out better than expected. She helped calm me and come up with a back up plan when there was an 80% chance of rain on my wedding day and shifted things around quickly when it didn't end up raining. I didn’t really give Jessica much direction, I just told her to make everything look nice and I loved the way everything came together, especially because of the wonderful rentals I got from Main Street Weddings including tables, chairs, tablecloths, napkins, glasses, table numbers, and antique windows for table assignments. I would highly recommend Main Street Weddings for all your planning and rental needs!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Initially, I was only seeking a one month wedding planner, since I felt I would be good on my own with the planning. However, Jessica offered their service of planning that is quite useful for the 3 months prior leading up to the wedding day. She is very responsive to all my emails and text messages throughout the entire wedding planning process. Jessica and her team did a fabulous job executing the schedule of events on the day of. It was seamless, even when unexpected things came up like shuttle run delays - I didn't have a clue because she took care of it without me knowing or stressing out about it. I didn't need my phone the day of or nor did I have to look at the clock or schedule.
Everything went as planned and she helped us so much by cleaning up and loading our cars at the end of the night.
Jessica and her assistant guided us to when and where we needed to be at all times. In addition, by using her wedding planning service - we also received a discount on their pretty linen rentals.

If you want a stress-free wedding day, I highly recommend using Main Street Weddings for your planning service. Main Street Weddings also offers beautiful items for rent.

Profile Picture Tina, 11/11/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

I am so happy we had Jessica as our wedding coordinator, she went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was amazing! She is so sweet and helped make the planning process and big day stress-free - which is worth its weight in gold. Her experience working with so many vendors in the area is a huge asset for recommendations and coordination! We also rented the ceremony draping, linens, and table numbers from Main Street - the rental selection is amazing!

Profile Picture Maggie, 9/16/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Linens

We had a wonderful experience working with Jessica from Main Street Weddings -- we were planning our wedding from out of state, and I can't imagine how we could have pulled it off without her help. Her friendly, relaxed manner helped keep us at ease on what could have been a stressful day. We highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

I rented chair covers and sashes for my wedding in August 2017 and I cannot say enough about how beautiful everything looked. They set everything up and took everything down, so I didn't worry about anything on the weekend of the wedding. They worked with my venue to coordinate everything, so it was a super relief on me as a bride to have one less thing to worry about. I walked into the venue and was instantly impressed with how beautiful everything was. The chair covers and sashes were of wonderful quality and Jessica was quick with communication and any with answering questions I had l. They are flexible and willing to work with you to help create the perfect day for your event. I would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Showroom, Chair Covers

I would highly recommend Jessica Brose and Main Street Weddings for insuring you have a wedding that has been expertly planned with innovation, thoughtfulness for your wishes, customization for your desired theme and your friends and family. Our wedding went without a hitch and everyone felt it was the wedding of your dreams. Best of all the bride and groom had a ball! Thank you Jessica!

Profile Picture Debbie, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Where do I even begin? When I found out that our venue strongly recommended that we hire a wedding planner, I was a bit dismayed that in the DC area we would not be able to find someone who would achieve the vision we had and also be affordable. After researching and interviewing several wedding planners in the area, I stumbled upon the Girls on Main Street. The pictures from their events first caught my eye, but when I read about the amazing experience of others, learned about how they provided rental services in addition to wedding planning and then finally met the team via Skype - there was simply no looking back. From day 1 they made us feel like they were part of a team ready to put together the day we envisioned, and they exceeded all of our expectations.
In terms of planning, Jessica was always there to prompt us when we needed a little nudging and provide patient, thoughtful replies when we had random thoughts, questions and requests for advice throughout the year before our wedding. Jessica and her team made sure we did not miss anything in the planning process, while making sure we made choices that worked for us. They were super supportive and easy to work with from the beginning, but their professionalism was what really impressed us and allowed us to fully enjoy our day knowing that they were in charge.
But beyond just planning, the Girls also provided the tools we needed to put together our vision. It was such an asset being able to use their rental services - not only was it so convenient, but their products are absolutely beautiful & renting everything through them ensured that our vision came together cohesively. From a unique floral hoop providing a natural backdrop to our vows, to crisp white linens, perfectly sized tables, a shabby chic cake stand, & an ornate gold frame directing our guests to the food truck, their rentals created our vision & were awe inspiring.
We will miss them but absolutely cherish that we had them for our wedding day!

Profile Picture Anna, 6/24/17, 14 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Showroom, Altar/Arch, Decor, Drapery, Signage, Tables, Vases, Linens

Main Street was fantastic!!! We rented a bunch of wedding decorations and furniture for our outdoor/indoor wedding in Luray, VA in June 2017. They were on time with the drop-off and pick-up and everything looked beautiful- just as advertised- and in great condition. I highly recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/17/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Decor, Signage, Tables, Delivery, Setup

Jessica and the team from Main Street Weddings & Events are worth their weight in gold. From my first Skype meeting with Jessica and her team, I could tell they had extensive knowledge and experience. I planned my Winchester, VA wedding from Tennessee, which presented some challenges, all of which were easily overcome by this wedding planning team. From helping me find the perfect vendors to nailing down exactly what my vision was for the wedding, they did it all. They offered a lot of insight and thought of every detail needed for our non-traditional venue (in the woods on my parents' property). I can honestly say I wouldn't have been able to plan the wedding of my dreams without them. They made everything so much easier.

Rachel was our day-of coordinator and she did a fantastic job. She was so on top of things, from coordinating details and people to transporting signage and other things to the reception site. I'm sure there were a million little details that she took care of behind the scenes that day. All of her hard work allowed me to have a stress free wedding day and just enjoy spending time getting ready with my girls.

I also used Main Street Weddings' rentals. All of their rentals are so well made and beautiful. Their crew did a great job and delivered and picked up everything in a timely manner.

Whether you need them for full wedding planning, day-of coordinating, or rentals, I cannot recommend Main Street Weddings & Events enough. They are without a doubt the best decision I made when planning my wedding.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lights, Tables, Vases

I can not say enough wonderful things about Jessica and her team at Main Street Weddings! From the very first meeting, they understood our goals, budget, and vision to create the perfect day for my equestrian daughter and her sailor husband. They were able to direct us to fabulous vendors that were a perfect fit for the day. Their professionalism, attention to detail, and infectious "joy" to be around made everything perfect. They even knew just what to do when red wine was spilled on my daughter's wedding gown before the grand entrance (every bit came out) - and kept everyone calm and confident in the process. They provided a beautiful setting with their linens, chargers, barn doors and whiskey barrels, along with a most beautiful sweetheart table with perfect accessories. They are simply the best! And I am so thankful that we were able to work together on my daughter's wedding.

Profile Picture Kristi, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

I switched my venue 60 days before our wedding... and Main Street Weddings helped me to organize everything. They took care of all the organization in the wedding day. I had no stress at all! They are amazing. Excellent professionals. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Edna, 5/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica did everything for our wedding and it was perfect! She has personal relationships with all the vendors so I felt confident that she was picking the best vendors for our job. She took into consideration my husband's and my personal taste and budget to plan the wedding we both had dreamed of. Myself and a lot of my guests are non-drinkers so she put together a creative "flavored-water bar" that everyone could enjoy. Jessica is detail-oriented and creative and thinks of everything right down to the straws in our cocktails! She stayed in contact with us and our families (our mothers were a big part of the planning) the whole time, but was not overly pushy. She gave me easy deadlines for things like picking a venue, taking engagement pictures, and sending out invitations, so I never felt rushed or stressed. She also planned the wedding in a very short amount of time, just 4 months. I was so excited leading up to our big day and I felt no stress at all! If you are like me and you want someone creative and experienced who will work with you to have the wedding you want, I would highly suggest you hire Main Street Weddings!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

We hired Jessica and her team at Main Street Weddings for our month/day of coordination and we are SO happy we did!!! Jessica was calm, professional, responsive, and endlessly helpful. She provided just the right amount of support and was there when I needed her during the last month. She was reassuring and inspired a lot of confidence as things were getting chaotic. It rained quite a bit on our wedding day and Jessica and Rachel made sure everything was in order for our rain plan and were quick to take action when switches had to be made. I felt absolutely terrible for changing my mind a couple times about being indoors or outdoors, but they made everything happen exactly as it should without a single complaint. Jessica and Rachel coordinated all the logistics seamlessly and behind the scenes. I wasn't stressed about any moving parts on the day of and didn't hear any of the chatter as vendors were dancing around making things happen. It was like it all unfolded magically. That magic just happened to be Jessica and Rachel! I am so grateful for their coordination services and I would HIGHLY recommend Main Street Weddings!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/6/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am in awe of the amazingness of these ladies! I have been dealing with Jessica, Alyssa, and Tabatha for the past 8 months. I was not enjoying the wedding planning process for awhile because I was in school full-time and working full-time. These ladies listened to me, looked at my gazillion pinterest boards, and came up with my dream wedding. About 3 months ago, the ladies held a "Bubbly with the Bride." The ladies put together my dream table with the place settings and flowers. I had no idea that I even cared about these things until they showed me! Then, I was originally going to purchase flowers from Costco. Jessica told me to just meet with Alyssa and tell her my thoughts on the flowers. Well 1 hour filled with laughter and smiles later, my mom and I went with Alyssa's floral plans. I cannot say enough incredible things about this place. We have been able to do everything through Girls from Main Street. We were even able to rent most of our things (i.e. handmade benches and barn door by Jessica's hubby, arbor, etc.)! My wedding is coming up now in 27 days and these ladies are the ones that have gotten me through this crazy year and excited for the actual day! I will update once the wedding happens!

I beyond recommend these incredible ladies! My mom and I have been more than impressed and appreciative of their fun and caring attitudes and their work ethic.

Profile Picture Cecelia, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

I had the wonderful fortune of using Jessica Brose from Girls from Main Street Weddings as my wedding coordinator for our daughter's wedding at Morais Vineyards in Bealeton. Jessica worked with us
on every detail of planning, provided vendor suggestions, countless emails and phone calls leading up to the wedding. She coordinated with all of our vendors to ensure they had what they needed, and kept all of us on track which resulted in a flawless perfect day. She was in charge of every detail the day of from decorating the tables, to working with the photographers, the caterers, the DJ, and most importantly our very large wedding party. She developed a timeline and executed it perfectly. She spent hours with me understanding my vision and executing it all so that it was so much more then I expected. We also rented beautiful linens and several décor pieces from her adorable shop. She has the ability to take complete charge all the while maintaining a calm quiet manner. I felt completely at ease the whole day. I am so thankful for all she accomplished, and more importantly for the friendship I acquired in choosing Jessica and Girls from Main Street Weddings!!!!! Trudy Slocum, Fredericksburg Virginia

Profile Picture Trudy, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Our wedding turned out beautiful, and it's all because of Jessica from The Girls from Main Street. We were completely at a loss of how to plan an event until we got in contact with her. Without giving her a very clear picture of what we envisioned for the day, she was able to create the perfect event for us that was personal, fun, and very "us". We never had to worry about contacting vendors or coordinating schedules with anyone, it was all taken care of. As people who have no party/event planning background, this was a HUGE relief. We highly recommend working with The Girls from Main Street for your event, they are hardworking, quick to respond, creative, and trustworthy. Great Experience.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Centerpieces, Decor, Vases, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

The Girls from Main Street are so helpful, and thoughtful. We worked specifically with Tabitha and she was a joy! Everything could not have gone more smooth! If you are hesitant to book a planner do not be, she thought of things we did not always think about. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture amber, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Jessica and her Crew were great. She was a joy to work with and helped every step of the way. She contacted everyone and kept everyone on the same page. The wedding day was a blast. We wanted everyone to have a great time and just be relaxed and that is what our day was. Jessica and her team helped make the venue beautiful, did wonderful flower arrangements, and took care of everything. We all had a great time. Couldn't have had a better person helping us make our day so very special. :) Thanks Jessica...

Profile Picture Laramie, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Altar/Arch, Centerpieces, Decor, Linens, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Showroom

Jessica and Lauren are both very easy to deal with - friendly, professional and responsive. Responsiveness is key especially during the final count down to the wedding. Jessica also dealt with any last minute issues that arose, i.e. with various vendors, and by doing so really relieved my stress level.

Profile Picture Fiona, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Decor, Delivery

Alyssa and the team from Girls from Main Street were beyond amazing! They worked with us to make sure our day was truly perfect and exactly what we envisioned. They were so fun to work with and I would recommend them to anyone in the Charlottesville/Richmond area!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Delivery, Decor

We used the Girls from Mainstreet for our day/month of coordination services. A day of coordinator was highly recommended by friends as well as our venue point of contact. I was given the name of the Girls from Mainstreet by another coordinator who was booked for or wedding date. I am so glad it ended up working out that we were able to go with the Girls from Mainstreet. As someone who likes to have a plan for everything and do a lot myself (and A LOT type A) I just used their day/month of services. They were all very helpful throughout the wedding planning process with the random questions that come up. They have a questionnaire that they send out ahead of time that asks all sorts of questions to prepare for the day of. It was nice to hand everything off and know that I'd be in good hands. It was also good to do a venue walk-through with them as they were able to see my vision as well as the layout of the venue. It was also helpful to have them there for rehearsal otherwise we likely would have been there for a lot longer trying to organize everyone. The day of the wedding everything seemed to go smoothly from my end! If anything went wrong, the groom and I had no idea. They did have to deal with a very suddenly windy day and they handled it like pros! Our parents were also very appreciative of everything because they were able to enjoy the day-evening and all the girls made sure they as well as us were taken care of.

Profile Picture Dana, 4/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Alyssa Helmick put together a fantastic rehearsal dinner for 60. Western/SMU decor was executed beautifully with lush floral and greens table runners with rope, ribbon, roses and horseshoes and lots of candlelight and black lanterns. Place settings set the mood with boot openers as napkin rings. The entrance to the restaurant patio was equally inviting with iron screens, cowboy boot planters, greens and lighted branches, Every detail was attended to which made for a perfect event. Her personal interest, careful planning and artful guidance made for a stress free evening. Thank you Alyssa and Main Street Weddings.

Profile Picture Lisa , 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Jessica was very sweet and caring. She was extremely helpful and flexible with our pretty complex wedding plans. We had a lot of detailed items at our wedding and Jessica and her helpers really came through and made helped us pull off a great wedding. We had several people tell us that it was the best wedding they ever attended. That was really great to hear!

At first we were not sure that we needed a wedding planner and we didn't have it in our original budget. But once the pressure started to build up of planning a large complicated wedding without a planner, we decided it to start seeing how much they would cost. We met with a few and decided that Girls from Main Street was the best bang for the buck. Looking back, we are SOO happy that we hired them. If we didn't have them, I honestly don't know who would have done all that last minute coordination and especially the day-of coordination. I guess it would have had to be one of our relatives, but that would just have been a mess!

Plus, they have lots of cute props and decorations in their wedding shop that their wedding couples can use for no extra costs. We picked some of their props out and they really made a nice touch. Overall we are extremely happy with their service and we would definitely recommend them to our friends!

Profile Picture Jeannie, 8/22/15, 1 Review