Main Street Sweets Reviews

68 | Fairfield, PA

68 Reviews for Main Street Sweets

Katie · Married on 05/04/2013

Best cupcakes and cake I have had in a long time!

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 04/12/2013

Our cake was very delicious. It looked exactly the way we pictured it, and the scrollwork was exactly what we wanted to match our invitations. People told us that sometimes wedding cake looks pretty, but tastes awful, but not ours. It looked and tasted great!! We can't wait to cut into our top layer!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/19/2012

The cake was absolutely divine and my husband and I would recommend them for any occasion. They were professional and timely in their communications and we will definitely be ordering from them again!

Sent on 11/23/2012

Brooke · Married on 09/14/2012

We used Main Street Sweets for both our wedding cake and for our wedding favors. They offer basically any flavors that you could want in a cake, and we tasted basically everything that they have to offer. We selected a three tier cake with three different flavors, and everything turned out perfectly. They also made a grooms cake which was a big hit. Their decorative skills were impressive, everything turned out better than we could have imagined. We would recommend Main Street Sweets to anyone looking for a cake.

Brooke and David Little

Sent on 09/30/2012
  • The Future Mrs. Edwards

Courtney · Married on 09/02/2012

This cake is soooooo good. We had guests come back for 2nds and 3rds. We actually found out about the bakery during a trip we took to Carriage House Restaurant in Emmitsberg Md. My FI and I went to have dinner and when we were done eating our server brought out a dessert tray filled with yummy goodies.

We both decided on the chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. When the server brought us the cake, we tasted the cake and almost fell out of our seats. OMG! It was so freaking good!! I had never had peanut butter icing and it was so delicious, I can't describe to you how wonderful it was. We asked our server---who makes this cake, because they MUST make our wedding cake. He gave us the bakery's information and I immediately called them the next day to set up a tasting. And I am so glad I did! We had a four tier cake, raspberry, lemon (outstanding), red velvet and chocolate with peanut butter. The whole cake was covered in butter cream...I'm not a fan of fondant. And we had cupcakes for the groom and I, it was our late night snack. So Good!!

The staff is so friendly and was able to accommodate us and went above and beyond for us. The quality of the cake was outstanding and we still have guests calling and asking us how we found the bakery and our friends who are engaged want to use them to make their wedding cakes as well. I have a HUGE sweet tooth and was very particular about the cake for my wedding, I've gone to other wedding and I really look forward to wedding cake, often times I'm really disappointed, but I can tell you that with Main Street Sweets you will not be disappointed and neither will your guests.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Audrey · Married on 05/19/2012

We were so pleased with the appearance, taste and value of our wedding cake. It turned out exactly like the pictures we provided and just as we imagined. Working with Main Street Sweets was so easy. They were accessible and quick to respond via email. Since we are from out of town they made us a "to go" taste testing box that we were able to take with us. We had a beautiful and elegant 3 tier cake and an additional sheet cake. They were very accommodating with this arrangement and having multiple flavors of the cakes. Not only was it beautiful but the taste was fantastic too! We had and almond cake with buttercream icing and also a white cake with strawberry mouse filling and buttercream icing. We had many positive comments from our guests about how good the cake was. We would highly recommend Main Street Sweets for your wedding cake.

Sent on 05/25/2012

Elaine · Married on 10/15/2011

We are so happy to have had Main Street Sweets do the wedding cake! We had wanted something a little different and brought along some pictures to the consultation of design elements that we liked, including a sample of lace from the dress. There weren't many traditional things about the weddding, so why start with the cake? They were very helpful with ideas and suggestions and were always responsive if we had a question. It was absolutely perfect and delighted everyone because of the different design and it tasted absolutely delicious! We're planning to engage them again for the anniversary cake!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2011

I have to be honest, I dream about our wedding cake! I have never tasted anything so heavenly! Main St. Sweets made our wedding cake for our June 2011 wedding and it was perfectly designed, perfectly delivered, and tasted amazing! Looking forward to our one-year anniversary cake! Thanks Main St. Sweets!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Kc · Married on 10/09/2010

Main Street Sweets was really easy to work with. We met w/ Wendy, and she was awesome! They made our cake look just like the picture,(we found it on the knot) and actually I liked ours better. I highly suggest the almond cake w/ raspberry filling. YUM!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Kristy · Married on 04/24/2009

Main Street Sweets took my idea for my wedding cake and made it even more beautiful than I imagined. The cake was not only beautiful, but absolutely delicious. It was the best wedding cake I ever tasted. From the moment I had the tasting, I couldn't wait to eat the cake on the wedding day. The price was right too. I was very happy with their service and product. I highly recommend.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Blair B. · Married on 09/28/2019

Delicious desserts

We used Main Street Sweets for our wedding and what a great decision that was! Jennifer was extremely pleasant to work with, making a somewhat stressful process, easy! Neither one of us are a huge fan of cake, but opted for a Snickerdoodle cake per her suggestion, and WOW, we both loved it! We also went with a variety of cupcakes, pies, cookies, cheesecakes, etc. for our guests and we hae had a ton of positive feedback. Our guests loved every single treat. We hardly had any leftovers! 4
    I highly recommend Jennifer and her bakery for cakes and desserts!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Anshea M.

Anshea · Married on 10/07/2017

Jennifer was easy to work with. The cupcakes were delicious and delivery was timely. She also took care of our cookie favors, which were also very good.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Veronica · Married on 09/17/2016

Main Street Sweets was perfect for our wedding! We ordered cupcakes and they did a fabulous job!
    I could not attend a tasting since I don't live locally, but my mom and aunt went and they had a lovely time. Everything was nicely set up and they were very helpful.
    Based on my mom and aunt's recommendations, I ordered four types of cupcakes and when they arrived on my wedding day they were just as I had hoped. Everyone loved them and complimented me on them that night. They went really quickly! I saved one of each to try the next day (too full from dinner that night) and they were SO yummy!
    Main Street Sweets will really work with you to achieve your vision, whatever it is and their cakes taste completely homemade and delicious.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Andrea · Married on 07/24/2010

Our cake was wonderful! All the flavors tasted amazing and the cost was much cheaper than other wedding cake companies in the area.

Sent on 08/10/2010
  • Lizzy

Lizzy D. · Married on 01/30/2021

Tasty cake, too much frosting

Jennifer is a wonderful baker and person, shes a one woman business and makes beautiful cakes, so it'll always be impressive to me that she can do everything and handle a big change like halfing the size of the cake two weeks out.

Our final cake was beautiful, very in line with what we had in mind. Even without my saying, I noticed she must have been talking to our florist, because the sugar flowers on the cake matched the real flowers (Lilies and Tulips) rather than being traditional buttercream roses.

Only problem we saw was that the cake was more icing than Cake. My "first bite" in the cake cutting was literally all icing, and I don't remember getting much actual cake in the piece at my table either. I mean, at least it wasn't fondant, but it was still a bit too much sugar and not enough substance for me.

Otherwise, it was very reasonably priced, she was very flexible, and the cake itself when you got past the icing was delicious.

Sent on 02/02/2021

Gina · Married on 08/12/2017

Overall, I highly recommend Mainstreet! Jennifer did an awesome job on our cake and cupcakes! She took my ideas and brought them to life, she also coordinated well with my venue's wedding coordinator so I didn't need to worry about a thing on the day of. She also made cookies for my rehearsal dinner. I ordered enough cookies and cupcakes for people to have multiple, and there were barely any extras - everyone loved them! My only critique would be the lack of organization regarding pricing, etc. I had to fight the urge to offer to make an excel spreadsheet that outlined line item costs for various design/color options (I'm a huge nerd). We had to go back and forth a few times because of additional costs I didn't know about for some design choices I had made, which resulted in me having to re-do my choices multiple times to stay in my budget. Regardless, I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/28/2017

We decided right away to go with them after we went to their cake tasting. They were located in a family-owned restaurant, very cozy and warm. When hubby and I went there for tasting, they already had all the cupcakes set up ready for us with all the icings and mouses available. Their sample cupcakes looked and tasted delicious and they let us sample their many varieties of fillers. They were very accommodating when we sent our design, and were able to provide a cake very similar to what we envisioned our wedding cake looked like.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Christie · Married on 10/10/2010

4.2
      3.0

We loved our cake! Main Street Sweets did a great job creating the cake we wanted, even though it was unusual and they had to be creative to get what we wanted. Our cake was delicious and we had more than enough for everyone with the extra sheet cake they made. The cake was delivered on time and was just as requested. Our only complaint with them is that it was difficult to get in touch with them when we had a question about payment. We left several phone messages and it took two days to get a response. But everything was great in the end and the product was high quality so I would recommend them.

Sent on 10/17/2010