Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn Reviews

Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn 5
Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn 6
Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn 7
  • User3319233 · 2+ years ago

Donna and Ken of Main Street Manor did everything AND more to make our wedding EXTRA special......from the beginning to the end. We very highly recommend Main Street Manor to all - for all occasions!

Donna, thank you again for the care, professionalism, attention to detail and all the "personal touches" that you put into our elopement.

Thanks to Quincy, too - such a joy. :-)

Sent on 06/12/2013

Rie · Married on 04/27/2013

The Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn was the perfect place to host our small, intimate wedding (with 22 guests). We knew we wanted to have our wedding at the inn from the moment we stepped into the house. The inn is immaculate, inviting, and comfortable. It is impeccably decorated and well cared for, with charming touches throughout the house.

Even better are Donna and Ken, the innkeepers. They are genuinely wonderful, sincere people who truly love what they do and it shows. They offer several wedding packages that specialize in small, intimate weddings. We chose the “Affair to Remember” Vows & Dinner package.

Donna made us feel welcome and at ease the first time we met with her. She coordinated and took care of everything to prepare for our wedding day (catering, flowers, rentals, cake, and officiant). She made the process feel easy and stress-free. On our wedding day, the entire inn was decorated beautifully and both Donna and Ken paid attention to every detail. Hors d'oeuvres and dinner was outstanding. The flowers which were decorated throughout the inn as well as the bride’s bouquet and groom's boutonniere were beautiful. And the wedding cake….was absolutely delicious. We loved that all the vendors that Donna works with are local.

We stayed overnight of our wedding along with few of our friends from out of town. After all the guests left, we had the house to ourselves and were able to relax, unwind, and catch up.

Thanks to Donna and Ken, our wedding truly felt warm, intimate, and comfortable. So many of our friends commented to us how stressful their wedding days were, and how they really did not get to enjoy them as they hoped. Donna and Ken really allowed us an enjoyable and comfortable day we’ll have memories of for the rest of our lives.
    Tom & Rie

Sent on 05/08/2013

Gina · Married on 02/15/2013

When I arrived at Main St Manor, I was instantly put at ease by Donna. The house is beautiful and she has taken care of every detail. My parents, who were hesitant about a small wedding, were converted! We got to spend so much quality time together because we didn't have to run around chasing after caterers or waiting for deliveries. I will always remember getting to sit in the parlor with a fire going and chatting with my parents and in-laws. If you are looking for something low-stress but want that special feeling on your wedding day, choose Donna and Main St Manor! I can't wait to return on my anniversary.

Sent on 02/25/2013

Dana & Enrique · Married on 01/08/2013

Having our wedding at Main Street Manor was truly a dream come true. Donna and Ken made the planning process simple and pleasant, taking care of every little detail along the way. They were professional, hospitable, and just lovely people. We were honored to have our elopement wedding in their home, where we were treated like royalty.

They went above and beyond in so many ways, planning every aspect of our special day so that all we had to do was show up and it was all taken care of!

We felt right at home in the Forget-Me-Not suite, and were served a DELICIOUS breakfast made by Donna. There were so many nice little touches, we really felt that they cared about our wedding as much as we did.

We will be back for many more stays in the future!

Sent on 01/18/2013

Heart · Married on 12/15/2012

I was looking for a small venue to have a wedding with just a few immediate family members. Main Street Manor has answered all my hope and dream for a perfect and stress free wedding.
    The owner/inn-keeper, Donna is a wonderful person. I could tell right away after spoke with her over the phone that she has done so many wedding and that she is enjoy doing it. She makes everything regarding the wedding to be so easy for me. As the matter of fact, she does everything! I contacted Donna right before thanksgiving last year and my wedding date was December 15, 2012, so it took less than a month to plan our wedding
    After we chose the date, Donna had arranged us the officiant. Then she provided choices of flowers, cake and other important things regarding the wedding for us to choose. All we have to do was to choose things from the lists and done.
    The set up and all the arrangement looked stunning. The cake was very beautiful and delicious. The inn itself looked extra lovely. My husband and I couldn't be any happier with our special day. We are so grateful with all the work Donna did for us and made our wedding day memorable. Thanks to Main Street Manor.

Sent on 04/20/2013

Kelly & Grover · Married on 11/04/2012

It was a wonderful day for us; We could not ask for anything more. It was a beautiful inmate wedding of immediate family and friends. We did not have to do anything except meet with Donna to finalize everything for our special day, The house was decorated beautiful and the food was fantasic. Thank you, Donna and Ken for making our wedding day to remember.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Mariann · Married on 10/04/2012

Just relax! Donna and Ken handled everything; flowers, cake, officiant, pictures, dinner reservations and most of all a completely stress-free lifetime of memories. A very warm and friendly environment and one that we will cherish forever - and you will too! Just ask Donna and she will do whatever possible to make your dreams come true :)

Sent on 11/25/2012

Cristhian · Married on 09/01/2012

My wife and I were wed at the Main Street Manor on the 1st of September 2012. We wanted a intimate wedding however we still wanted elegance and the Manor was the way to go for us. The proprietor (Donna) was wonderful! The manor has a package which works in the baker, the catering, the officiant, flowers, and the venue. She was also helpful in recommending a photographer (Jenna Perfette) who was wonderful as well. Donna was very professional and always on her A game even when my wife and I were not. She allowed us to feel relaxed throughout the whole planning and never let up until it was all over. One of the happiest moments in my life was due in part to the Main Street Manor and their staff....I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2012

Me and my new husband had our elopment package done at Main Street Manor. Since it was just going to be me and my fiance during the ceremony, I didn't think it would be that extravagant. However, Donna & Ken made our ceremony the most beautiful ceremony I could have every imagined. It didn't matter wether it was just us or 20+ people to Donna & Ken, they made sure everything was perfect for me and my husband. From the cake down to my favorite flowers, I can't stop thinking about that day. We plan on going back every year for our anniversary. I can't say enough good things about them!!!

Sent on 07/14/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2012

The Main Street Manor is the perfect place for an intimate wedding. My husband and I were married on June 23, 2012 with about 20 of our closest friends and family and we could not have been happier with how everything turned out. The Manor itself provided a beautiful atmosphere and Donna and Ken covered every detail involved in planning to ensure the day was special and memorable. We really appreciate the wonderful experience we had and highly recommend the Main Street Manor as a wedding venue :)

Sent on 07/06/2012

Jackie · Married on 06/16/2012

We were married at the inn in June. The inn itself is beautiful and provided an intimate, romantic setting for our wedding. Donna and Ken were amazing hosts and took care of every detail ...including the cake, flowers, and even the photography. Our wedding day was truly a dream come true.
    Vince and Jackie Giacomelli

Sent on 08/09/2012

Ernesto and Margie · Married on 04/01/2012

We had our wedding here at Main st manor on April 1st 2012 and it was a great memorable experience for us. Donna and Ken the owners were so friendly and professional. They made our day so special and were family oriented and made us feel at home. We highly recommend using this place for your wedding or elopement. Also the stay was great the rooms were awesome and they brought a country breakfast in the morning to our room it was awesome!! May God bless their business in all ways possible.
    Ernesto and Margie Medina

Sent on 04/06/2012
  • W

Lynel · Married on 03/15/2012

It was the best time of our lives, my husband and I are very happy we choose the Inn to have our wedding at. We would both recommend it to new couples call Donna and Ken and the can help you plan. They are really caring people.

Sent on 03/31/2012

Melissa · Married on 03/11/2012

Donna and Ken were such great hosts. They made everything very easy from the beginning. I didn't have a lot of ideas and wanted someone else to do the legwork and I couldn't be more thrilled about how the day turned out. The flowers, cake, ambiance.... it was all amazing! thanks again to both as they have made our day very special :)

Sent on 04/01/2012

Kim · Married on 03/10/2012

My husband and I were thoroughly impressed with our wedding ceremony at The Main Street Manor Bed and Breakfast. Everything was taken care of as discussed ahead of time and Donna went above and beyond our expectations. We had a stress free wedding ceremony in a quaint, intimate setting and all of our guests were pleased. Thank you for a stress free day.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Victoria · Married on 03/03/2012

We looked into other bed & breakfasts, mainly down the shore, for our "pre-big wedding, wedding." While they were beautiful, I didn't find the warmth and personal touches I found through emails/phone calls with Donna. She really made me feel that special from the first day. We visited Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast and fell in love! What a charming and elegant venue. The decor was authentic Victorian, the furniture hand-picked. Each and every decorative touch from the portraits on the wall to the working music box could inspire a story. We wanted something special and that's exactly what we got! Our small wedding included 5 guests. I got ready in the "Forget Me Not" room and walked down the stairs (aisle) to music I picked and downloaded to my ipod. Donna and my guests took amazing pictures. We married in the library and because the room is so beautiful, every single picture was gorgeous, no matter what the angle! We had tea sandwiches and hors d'oeuvres in the sitting room. The food was delicious, they were able to accomodate a vegan as well as a "meat & potatos" crowd. Our family was blown away by the Inn, the Inn Keepers, and the service and *love* we felt on our special day. The flowers were perfect and exactly how I envisioned them. Donna was able to find the exact roses I wanted in my bouquet. Anywhere you go on the property is a photo-op. I highly recommend the Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast for your wedding, you will be so so so so so happy that you did! We had a PERFRECT wedding and I'm very picky! If you don't have your wedding there then have the bridal shower/rehearsal dinner/or baby shower there, you will not be disappointed! Donna and Ken (and Quincy!) are wonderful and very caring while maintaining an impeccable Bed & Breakfast. Our experience was magical. Congrats!

Sent on 03/10/2012
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 03/03/2012

Sent on 03/10/2012

Emily · Married on 11/26/2011

The Main Street Manor was the absolute perfect backdrop for our wedding. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, the food was absolutely amazing, and Donna and Ken were so accommodating and helpful. I would absolutely, 100% recommend the Main Street Manor for any special event, whether it be a wedding, vow renewal, or anniversary. This place is gorgeous and the owners are wonderful people. Another bonus of this place----the adorable inn-dog Quincy!

Sent on 12/28/2011

Heather · Married on 10/22/2011

We had the perfect wedding without one glitch at Main Street Manor. It was like having family run your wedding (but in a totally good, loving way :-) Donna & Ken were great and just about everyone that attended our wedding told us they wished they had a wedding like ours or that our wedding was the best one they ever attended. We couldn't agree more!

Sent on 01/19/2012

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2011

When looking for a place for my small, stress-free wedding, I looked no further than Main Street Manor! From our first meeting, I knew Donna and Ken would take care of every important detail of planning so that I could relax and enjoy my wedding day. Donna was so thorough in understanding what I wanted for the day, and she also had wonderful suggestions for details I never even thought of! I was so confident that Donna and Ken would plan my wedding with the greatest care.

The day was perfect, the Inn was beautifully decorated, and everything went according to plan. Donna and Ken also know the best vendors so there is no need to shop around - you will have delicious food and cake and beautiful flowers! (Also, breakfast the next day was wonderful!)

I really enjoyed working with Donna and Ken - they treated us as if we were family. I look forward to visiting the Inn for our anniversary!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Hannah · Married on 08/12/2011

We absolutely loved having our special day here at the Main Street Manor. They were exceptional at listening to exactly what we wanted and working with that and making it possible. It worked nicely to have all of our ideas well thought out and ready to give them so that they could help us make those ideas a reality. We are so grateful! The Main Street Manor was a tremendous blessing on our big day!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Danielle & Joe · Married on 07/09/2011

Donna & Ken eliminated all stress by taking care of everything from getting the officiant to cake and flowers. They were open to all our ideas and wants. The ceremony was perfect, our stay relaxing, and the food delicious. There is no other place in NJ to elope that offers this much for the low cost.

Sent on 07/17/2011

Lisa · Married on 06/25/2011

My husband and I are very pleased with the outcome of our wedding at the Main Street Manor Bed and Breakfast. We wanted a location that was intimate and inviting. Donna, the Inn Keeper, was very helpful in the actually planning process. The summer of our wedding was a very hectic and exciting time for me and my husband. Work, school, moving, new jobs, wedding planning.. It was a little overwhelming at times, but I was able to relax as the staff of Main Street Manor B&B took care of everything. I am happy to boast, that all we had to do was show up and enjoy the time with our friends and family.

Sent on 10/11/2011
  • W

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2011

We could not be more pleased with our wedding day experience at the Main Street Manor. Donna, the innkeeper, helped us with all of the planning to make this a stress free event for us. She was open to all of our sometimes crazy ideas of what we wanted at our wedding and helped out with great suggestions. Our guests raved about the beautiful decor of the Manor. We had about 35 guests and there was plenty of room for them, since it was summer and they could use the front porch. We had the ceremony in the back yard of the Manor, which has great landscaping and a beautiful arbor where we stood while we said our vows. Some of our guests chose to spend the night at the Manor, and they were very happy with their experience. If you are looking to do an intimate, affordable wedding in New Jersey, you can't go wrong at the Main Street Manor.

Sent on 05/30/2011

V · Married on 05/21/2011

Donna and Ken did a fantastic job with creating a beautiful wedding day for us. They went above and beyond for us. The memories that were created that day will never be forgotten. ~Vanessa and Anthony

Sent on 09/04/2011