Main & Market Reviews

152 | Annapolis, MD

152 Reviews for Main & Market

Laura · Married on 05/05/2012

Kailey was our main point of contact at Main Ingredient and she was beyond incredible. I felt like I had my own wedding planner because she was so organized and made sure every single detail was covered. She was very quick to respond to my many questions and concerns throughout the year leading up to my wedding. The food was incredible and every single guest told me it was the best wedding food they have ever been too (and one guest has been to over 40 weddings!). Kailey was there the day of my wedding and made sure everything was setup perfectly. Nanette took over once the ceremony was complete and everything was smooth sailing. She would check up with myself and husband as well as all the guests. The cake was also designed by MI and it was beautiful and delicious. If you want to best food at your wedding and best service I highly recommend The Main Ingredient.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Tracy · Married on 04/21/2012

The Main Ingredient catered our wedding this past weekend. They were absolutely fantastic! The food was out of this world, and several people told us that the cake was the best they'd ever tasted! And, the service was top notch! Rachel was a pleasure to work with and arranged everything perfectly. Thanks for making our day so special!

Sent on 04/24/2012

Kelly · Married on 04/07/2012

I am a busy professional. I needed to find a caterer that not only provides awesome food but are true professionals in the way they deliver their services. Main Ingredient exceeded all of my expectations. They were pros at guiding us through the process, understanding our needs and budget, and helping us anticipate and plan for MANY things we never thought of. All of our guests raved about the food at our wedding and Main Ingredient's service was stellar. And, our cake, well it was gorgeous and delicious beyond words. Main Ingredient rocked! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Samantha · Married on 03/31/2012

my cake was beautiful! the delivery was flawless and it was so delicious

Sent on 04/18/2012

Vanessa · Married on 03/31/2012

We worked with Rachel Cloud and she was a joy to work with the whole way through. She was always available via email or phone. During our sessions and tasting she was very helpful when we had to make the big decisions.

When it came to the Wedding they made the event space look absolutely beautiful, the guest loved the food, thought the cake was delightful and the Ice Cream Bar...oh the Ice Cream Bar. :)

Overall a great catering service :)

Sent on 04/30/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2012

Kailey was great to work with. Our cupcakes turned out awesome and very delicious! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/15/2012

Meredith · Married on 03/10/2012

Jenny and Evie at the Main Ingredient were wonderful to work with. They give us a great price for everything (including the wedding cake). We went in for a tasting and the food was absolutely delicious!

Unfortunately we lost our venue a month before the wedding. Jenny and Evie were wonderful in working with us and the new venue in such a short period of time. The new venue typically, only under limited conditions would let an outside caterer in. Jenny and Evie were happy to work with them to coordinate the cooking. Although they couldn't serve the food, they pulled it off and all the guests were quite happy. We still have guests, almost 4 months later commenting on the food.

Main Ingredient also did our cake. My husband wanted to help with the design (using my engagement ring as inspiration) and they were more than happy to work with his design. We had the carrot cake with cream cheese icing, delicious! The design turned out well too!

Jenny and Evie went above and beyond for us. Working extra hours after we had planned everything at the first venue to have to switch it all. They did it all with a smile on their faces and a reassuring words that it would all work out, and it did! They were also willing to give us centerpiece and overall suggestions with all the little details.

They helped us create the wedding of our dreams. We have already recommended them to friends and will not hesitate doing so in the future!

Sent on 07/07/2012
  • W

Whiteny · Married on 11/05/2011

One of the best things that I could have done during the year and a half worth of planning was have the Main Ingredient cater for us! They were one of the most professional companies that I have worked with!!! I loved that they were a "one-stop-shop" because they provided my cake, all the rentals, a coordinator and, of course, amazing food!!! The person that I worked closely with was Rachel, and you can't find anyone as sweet and as professional as she is!!!! She was there EVERY step of the way, always willing to help and calm down a crazy, OCD bride!!

On the day of, EVERYTHING went according to plan, and all I can say is that it was due to the Main Ingredient! The staff was absolutely wonderful and was very helpful to all of our guests! The food was out of this world, and thanks to Rachel, my husband and I were able to eat!!! She was VERY attentive to us and always made sure we had something to eat or drink! She kept us on time and all I had to do was say "I need Rachel" and she was there! I would recommend Main Ingredient to all brides AND plan to use them in the future!!!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Connie · Married on 10/22/2011

The BEST CRABCAKE EVER! The best decision we have ever made is to have The Main ingredient cater our wedding.

Rachel, our consultant is the greatest. She gets back to you in just minutes after you email her. She is so accommodating to our requests. She worked with us every step and would even recommend how to save money on certain aspects of the wedding.

The food was phenomenal. We had crabcakes, shrimp and chicken bites for the cocktail hour and tenderloin with the tarragon bearnaise sauce(mucho delicioso) and grilled chicken for dinner with salad and grilled veggies that were to die for. Our guests couldnt be more happier with the food. They are still talking about it . We had the cake from them too. We had 3 flavors and were great hit to everybody.

The service at the wedding was impeccable. They were simply great. They made sure the guests and us the bride and groom are taken cared of.

Like I said, one of the best decision we have ever made for the wedding. Never had any stress in dealing with The Main Ingredient and would definitely use their services in the future.

Sent on 11/05/2011
  • Carol

Carol · Married on 10/02/2011

Main Ingredient was AWESOME to work with! Rachel was my sales consultant and was with me every step of the way; she was very supportive to me (affirming many of the things I wanted), as a bride, and advised and made suggestions based off of what I wanted. She also knew we were on a budget and helped us save money in different ways. She was totally responsive to all of my e-mails and many questions.

The food and service was great at the wedding! We also had their cupcakes, which were excellent. The only thing that I wish we more clearly outlined was where things were to go on wedding day; some of the catering team on the day of the wedding didn't seem to know what went where/what was going on with the various components of the wedding, which kind of had me frazzled last minute. This is probably due to lack of communication, but not any fault of Main Ingredients; I just wish we had outlined it more clearly when we met.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Erika · Married on 07/17/2011

I was very pleased with my wedding cake. More so than I expected because at the tasting I was given a sample of cupcakes in different flavors and many of them seemed a little dry. The wedding cake was moist and delicious. I had a four tiered square shaped cake and the price was much lower than the competitors in the area with big names. The cake was also beautiful. I gave them a swatch of the wedding colors and a picture from a wedding magazine with two different designs I wanted added to each tier. I am still eating the sheet carrot cake and wish I had more of the lemon cake with the lemon curd that was in the tiers.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Kate · Married on 05/21/2011

The Main Ingredient catered our wedding in May and it was excellent! The food was fantastic - the steak was well cooked as was the chicken. Both had great flavor and were moist. The sides that were served were also great. Many people commented on the quality of the food.

But what made the event was the service from the folks at Main Ingredient. Everybody from the office staff and Rachel (who was our contact person) making sure the planning process was smooth down to the servers and bartenders. They were extremely helpful and worked with us to make sure everything was perfect.

I would definitely recommend The Main Ingredient for your next event.

Sent on 07/11/2011
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 05/07/2011

The Main Ingredient is a Very good catering service to use for every party! They are very professional, easy to get a hold of, the food is GREAT and my wedding cake was so beautiful. My sister used them to cater her entire wedding and the food was fabulous! It is a little on the expensive side but worth every penny.

Sent on 05/17/2011

H · Married on 04/30/2011

Jenny from Main Ingredient was amazing! She was very patient with us through bouts of indecision and had great ideas that we would never have thought of ourselves. The food was great and the desserts were a huge hit. We particularly loved the Thai Chicken Salad, and Marzipan Strawberry hourderves. They also were able to recreate a favorite dish of mine that I had years before. Also, when we had a crisis with the flowers for our centerpieces, Jenny was there to save the day with the perfect solution.

Sent on 05/15/2011

Kathleen · Married on 10/02/2010

Main Ingredient catered our wedding in October in Annapolis. They were wonderful. I had requested quotes from two other caterers and found that Main Ingredient was the most responsive, easy to work with and competitive in pricing. Rachel was amazing. She listened to what we wanted, took notes at our tasting, was very open to our feedback. On our wedding day, our guest kept telling us how great the food was. I would them again and recommend them for your wedding.

Sent on 01/11/2011

Deana · Married on 09/25/2010

We could not have been more pleased with our cake. It exceeded our expectations in every way. I wish we could attach a picture. We showed Rachel the cake we wanted and they produced and even more beautiful version. Everyone was talking about how good it tasted as well...one of our many highlights.

Sent on 09/27/2010

Katie · Married on 09/10/2010

Main Ingredient did a FABULOUS job with our wedding. The food was great and so was the service. Our guests really enjoyed everything, especially the mashed potato bar. We really appreciated their willingness to work within our budget. Rachel (our catering sales consulatant) was absolutely amazing, she was there to help us with every detail. She provided many suggestions on how to make the day extra special. I would highly recommend Rachel and Main Ingredient to cater any event, I would definitely use them again!!

Sent on 01/17/2011

Sharon · Married on 06/19/2010

Rachel at The Main Ingredient really took care of me. I was planning my wedding from 4 states away and had verbally committed to another cake vendor before signing a contract. When I finally tasted that cake I was unimpressed and was suddenly without dessert for my wedding that was 1 month away. I contacted The Main Ingredient--I used to work for their catering side in college--and I knew that I would be taken care of. I was having trouble scheduling a tasting and Rachel left me a huge tasting of cupcakes, fillings and frostings for me to pick up and taste at home. We signed a contract via email the week before my wedding and I never worried for a second about everything getting done perfectly.

The cake was beautiful, my guests raved about the flavors and I can't wait to taste the leftovers. Thank you to Rachel and the Main Ingredient for saving this procrastinating bride!

Sent on 06/27/2010
  • nattydread797

Nat · Married on 05/07/2010

We used The Main Ingredient as our caterer for our reception in May of 2010. We had our event at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. I could literally gush about this company and the job they did for pages and pages!

We worked with Jenny Francis and this is who I would recommend to work with. On our day of the reception, Kailey was my personal planner and literally my "brain" for the day. I had the challenge of planning my reception that was going to happen in another state. I live in VA and we were having our event in MD. Trust me, this REALLY could have turned into a nightmare and it was as smooth as if they were down the street from me.

I think one of the biggest challenges a bride has is trying to communicate the vision she has in her head to the folks who are going to be providing the services. It was as if Jenny was in my head because she just got it. She even added a few ideas and problem solved in areas that I didn't even initially think about. The fact that they knew the venue so well made it that much easier.

The menu we chose was really creative and unique. The food looked beautiful in the way it was arranged and it was hands down the most fabulous tasting menu! Seriously, when do you get a bride that says, I am going back for seconds and to hell with the schedule. We were late on our first dance because we were enjoying our meal so much! It's been 2 weeks and we are STILL getting rave reviews on our food and menu choices!

As for the wait staff and bartenders...they were AMAZING! My husband is in the military and these aren't always the easiest boys to serve and this bartender handled them so well that they even made comments to us about how great she was. (I believe her name was Linda) Samantha, the lead server was great as well. We never wanted for a drink or food at any time throughout the evening.

I would be remiss if I didn't devote a paragraph to our planner that day, Kailey. All I can tell you is this. From the minute we left our last minute details meeting on Thursday with Kailey, my brain went into relax mode. I realized after the fact that I never worried about a thing that day. I was so relaxed and so able to focus on my husband, our families and our celebration and I NEVER would have been able to do that if Kailey hadn't been absolutely spectacular in her role. She is the most calm, collected person and yet was able to handle any curve ball that came her way -- what I appreciated most was that she never let me know if there was an issue, and we had a little issue with our band. She gave me the ability to truly enjoy my day to the fullest degree.

I just can't say enough about our experience with this company. They truly made our day and celebration that we and our guests will never forget.

HAPPY PLANNING!

Darcy Thompson

Sent on 05/19/2010
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/19/2009

This was my favorite part of planning a Wedding, the cake tastings!! I love cake and this place did not disappoint! We fell in love with all the flavors and options that they offered. Our colors for our Wedding were Pewter and Ivory, they were able to manage a metallic/platinum looking cake with white flowers cascading down the side that really was the center of attention at out Wedding. People told us that fondant was not tasty and we should not do it but they were all wrong, our cake was so tasty that I contemplated not saving the top of the cake and just eating it all!

Thanks to Evie and everyone at Main Ingredient for doing such a wonderful job!

Sent on 10/05/2009

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2009

The food was fantastic. They did a great job of working with us and coming up with a menu that we loved! Very easy to contact and to work with. The tasting was great and very professional. Overall, we were very satisfied and would use them again!

Sent on 11/17/2009

T · Married on 07/26/2009

They are terrific. They helped me design the perfect menu and were accommodating to our specific requests for special meals. We provided our own alcohol, they provided a bartender. We provided some of our own hors d'oeuvres, they heated them up and served them with their food. It all blended perfectly and the staff was extremely diligent to provide proper services to all of our guests. They were terrific and I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 08/09/2009

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2009

The cake was great and it arrived on time and was just what we had ordered. Their cakes taste great and they are easy to work with.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Kathy · Married on 11/14/2008

A magical night to be had. If you want your wedding to be truly amazing The Main Ingriedent will make it happen. Their performance was unmatched. The food was wonderful, succulent to the most discriminating palate, the presentation spectacular and the service outstanding. Our wedding was an event that was perfact. Dedication to every detail was made by every person involved. The service was flawless and effortless. They were absolutely fabulous. Jenny Francis and her staff will provide you with the most impressive event of all time.

The majority of our wedding guests were professionals who frequently dine at upscale restaurants and attend formal events.

Sent on 11/21/2008

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2008

I am so glad that I chose The Main Ingredient to cater our wedding. The food was EXCELLENT! Everyone was commenting on how wonderful the food was, and many people went back up to the buffet for seconds and thirds! The cake was delicious (almond pound with raspberry filling, yum!) and was decorated beautifully. There was ample staff for the occasion and they really knew what they were doing. The setup and clean up was taken care of so none of my family was left taking care of that at the end of the night. Also, all the rentals (tables, chairs, linens, place settings, etc.) were done for us, all we had to do is pick which ones we wanted. If I ever plan another large event in Annapolis again, I'll definitely use them as our caterer.

Sent on 07/08/2008