Main & Market Reviews

Main & Market 5
Main & Market 6
Main & Market 7

Connie · Married on 10/22/2011

The BEST CRABCAKE EVER! The best decision we have ever made is to have The Main ingredient cater our wedding.

Rachel, our consultant is the greatest. She gets back to you in just minutes after you email her. She is so accommodating to our requests. She worked with us every step and would even recommend how to save money on certain aspects of the wedding.

The food was phenomenal. We had crabcakes, shrimp and chicken bites for the cocktail hour and tenderloin with the tarragon bearnaise sauce(mucho delicioso) and grilled chicken for dinner with salad and grilled veggies that were to die for. Our guests couldnt be more happier with the food. They are still talking about it . We had the cake from them too. We had 3 flavors and were great hit to everybody.

The service at the wedding was impeccable. They were simply great. They made sure the guests and us the bride and groom are taken cared of.

Like I said, one of the best decision we have ever made for the wedding. Never had any stress in dealing with The Main Ingredient and would definitely use their services in the future.

Sent on 11/05/2011
  • Carol

Carol · Married on 10/02/2011

Main Ingredient was AWESOME to work with! Rachel was my sales consultant and was with me every step of the way; she was very supportive to me (affirming many of the things I wanted), as a bride, and advised and made suggestions based off of what I wanted. She also knew we were on a budget and helped us save money in different ways. She was totally responsive to all of my e-mails and many questions.

The food and service was great at the wedding! We also had their cupcakes, which were excellent. The only thing that I wish we more clearly outlined was where things were to go on wedding day; some of the catering team on the day of the wedding didn't seem to know what went where/what was going on with the various components of the wedding, which kind of had me frazzled last minute. This is probably due to lack of communication, but not any fault of Main Ingredients; I just wish we had outlined it more clearly when we met.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Erika · Married on 07/17/2011

I was very pleased with my wedding cake. More so than I expected because at the tasting I was given a sample of cupcakes in different flavors and many of them seemed a little dry. The wedding cake was moist and delicious. I had a four tiered square shaped cake and the price was much lower than the competitors in the area with big names. The cake was also beautiful. I gave them a swatch of the wedding colors and a picture from a wedding magazine with two different designs I wanted added to each tier. I am still eating the sheet carrot cake and wish I had more of the lemon cake with the lemon curd that was in the tiers.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Kate · Married on 05/21/2011

The Main Ingredient catered our wedding in May and it was excellent! The food was fantastic - the steak was well cooked as was the chicken. Both had great flavor and were moist. The sides that were served were also great. Many people commented on the quality of the food.

But what made the event was the service from the folks at Main Ingredient. Everybody from the office staff and Rachel (who was our contact person) making sure the planning process was smooth down to the servers and bartenders. They were extremely helpful and worked with us to make sure everything was perfect.

I would definitely recommend The Main Ingredient for your next event.

Sent on 07/11/2011
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 05/07/2011

The Main Ingredient is a Very good catering service to use for every party! They are very professional, easy to get a hold of, the food is GREAT and my wedding cake was so beautiful. My sister used them to cater her entire wedding and the food was fabulous! It is a little on the expensive side but worth every penny.

Sent on 05/17/2011

H · Married on 04/30/2011

Jenny from Main Ingredient was amazing! She was very patient with us through bouts of indecision and had great ideas that we would never have thought of ourselves. The food was great and the desserts were a huge hit. We particularly loved the Thai Chicken Salad, and Marzipan Strawberry hourderves. They also were able to recreate a favorite dish of mine that I had years before. Also, when we had a crisis with the flowers for our centerpieces, Jenny was there to save the day with the perfect solution.

Sent on 05/15/2011

Kathleen · Married on 10/02/2010

Main Ingredient catered our wedding in October in Annapolis. They were wonderful. I had requested quotes from two other caterers and found that Main Ingredient was the most responsive, easy to work with and competitive in pricing. Rachel was amazing. She listened to what we wanted, took notes at our tasting, was very open to our feedback. On our wedding day, our guest kept telling us how great the food was. I would them again and recommend them for your wedding.

Sent on 01/11/2011

Deana · Married on 09/25/2010

We could not have been more pleased with our cake. It exceeded our expectations in every way. I wish we could attach a picture. We showed Rachel the cake we wanted and they produced and even more beautiful version. Everyone was talking about how good it tasted as well...one of our many highlights.

Sent on 09/27/2010

Katie · Married on 09/10/2010

Main Ingredient did a FABULOUS job with our wedding. The food was great and so was the service. Our guests really enjoyed everything, especially the mashed potato bar. We really appreciated their willingness to work within our budget. Rachel (our catering sales consulatant) was absolutely amazing, she was there to help us with every detail. She provided many suggestions on how to make the day extra special. I would highly recommend Rachel and Main Ingredient to cater any event, I would definitely use them again!!

Sent on 01/17/2011

Sharon · Married on 06/19/2010

Rachel at The Main Ingredient really took care of me. I was planning my wedding from 4 states away and had verbally committed to another cake vendor before signing a contract. When I finally tasted that cake I was unimpressed and was suddenly without dessert for my wedding that was 1 month away. I contacted The Main Ingredient--I used to work for their catering side in college--and I knew that I would be taken care of. I was having trouble scheduling a tasting and Rachel left me a huge tasting of cupcakes, fillings and frostings for me to pick up and taste at home. We signed a contract via email the week before my wedding and I never worried for a second about everything getting done perfectly.

The cake was beautiful, my guests raved about the flavors and I can't wait to taste the leftovers. Thank you to Rachel and the Main Ingredient for saving this procrastinating bride!

Sent on 06/27/2010
  • nattydread797

Nat · Married on 05/07/2010

We used The Main Ingredient as our caterer for our reception in May of 2010. We had our event at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. I could literally gush about this company and the job they did for pages and pages!

We worked with Jenny Francis and this is who I would recommend to work with. On our day of the reception, Kailey was my personal planner and literally my "brain" for the day. I had the challenge of planning my reception that was going to happen in another state. I live in VA and we were having our event in MD. Trust me, this REALLY could have turned into a nightmare and it was as smooth as if they were down the street from me.

I think one of the biggest challenges a bride has is trying to communicate the vision she has in her head to the folks who are going to be providing the services. It was as if Jenny was in my head because she just got it. She even added a few ideas and problem solved in areas that I didn't even initially think about. The fact that they knew the venue so well made it that much easier.

The menu we chose was really creative and unique. The food looked beautiful in the way it was arranged and it was hands down the most fabulous tasting menu! Seriously, when do you get a bride that says, I am going back for seconds and to hell with the schedule. We were late on our first dance because we were enjoying our meal so much! It's been 2 weeks and we are STILL getting rave reviews on our food and menu choices!

As for the wait staff and bartenders...they were AMAZING! My husband is in the military and these aren't always the easiest boys to serve and this bartender handled them so well that they even made comments to us about how great she was. (I believe her name was Linda) Samantha, the lead server was great as well. We never wanted for a drink or food at any time throughout the evening.

I would be remiss if I didn't devote a paragraph to our planner that day, Kailey. All I can tell you is this. From the minute we left our last minute details meeting on Thursday with Kailey, my brain went into relax mode. I realized after the fact that I never worried about a thing that day. I was so relaxed and so able to focus on my husband, our families and our celebration and I NEVER would have been able to do that if Kailey hadn't been absolutely spectacular in her role. She is the most calm, collected person and yet was able to handle any curve ball that came her way -- what I appreciated most was that she never let me know if there was an issue, and we had a little issue with our band. She gave me the ability to truly enjoy my day to the fullest degree.

I just can't say enough about our experience with this company. They truly made our day and celebration that we and our guests will never forget.

HAPPY PLANNING!

Darcy Thompson

Sent on 05/19/2010
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/19/2009

This was my favorite part of planning a Wedding, the cake tastings!! I love cake and this place did not disappoint! We fell in love with all the flavors and options that they offered. Our colors for our Wedding were Pewter and Ivory, they were able to manage a metallic/platinum looking cake with white flowers cascading down the side that really was the center of attention at out Wedding. People told us that fondant was not tasty and we should not do it but they were all wrong, our cake was so tasty that I contemplated not saving the top of the cake and just eating it all!

Thanks to Evie and everyone at Main Ingredient for doing such a wonderful job!

Sent on 10/05/2009

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2009

The food was fantastic. They did a great job of working with us and coming up with a menu that we loved! Very easy to contact and to work with. The tasting was great and very professional. Overall, we were very satisfied and would use them again!

Sent on 11/17/2009

t · Married on 07/26/2009

They are terrific. They helped me design the perfect menu and were accommodating to our specific requests for special meals. We provided our own alcohol, they provided a bartender. We provided some of our own hors d'oeuvres, they heated them up and served them with their food. It all blended perfectly and the staff was extremely diligent to provide proper services to all of our guests. They were terrific and I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 08/09/2009

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2009

The cake was great and it arrived on time and was just what we had ordered. Their cakes taste great and they are easy to work with.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Jamie · Married on 05/23/2009

We decided to use 8 of their incredibly delicious specialty cakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. They looked fabulous and our guests were so excited to try them! People were actually getting in line for cake! When does that ever happen! They did a great job! We can't wait until we go back and visit Annapolis so we can head back in for a slice! They were also very helpful when we were picking out cakes. They let us take home a couple of huge slices from their daily showcase to try out! Their cake is fabulous!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Kathy · Married on 11/14/2008

A magical night to be had. If you want your wedding to be truly amazing The Main Ingriedent will make it happen. Their performance was unmatched. The food was wonderful, succulent to the most discriminating palate, the presentation spectacular and the service outstanding. Our wedding was an event that was perfact. Dedication to every detail was made by every person involved. The service was flawless and effortless. They were absolutely fabulous. Jenny Francis and her staff will provide you with the most impressive event of all time.

The majority of our wedding guests were professionals who frequently dine at upscale restaurants and attend formal events.

Sent on 11/21/2008

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2008

I am so glad that I chose The Main Ingredient to cater our wedding. The food was EXCELLENT! Everyone was commenting on how wonderful the food was, and many people went back up to the buffet for seconds and thirds! The cake was delicious (almond pound with raspberry filling, yum!) and was decorated beautifully. There was ample staff for the occasion and they really knew what they were doing. The setup and clean up was taken care of so none of my family was left taking care of that at the end of the night. Also, all the rentals (tables, chairs, linens, place settings, etc.) were done for us, all we had to do is pick which ones we wanted. If I ever plan another large event in Annapolis again, I'll definitely use them as our caterer.

Sent on 07/08/2008

Elyse · Married on 05/24/2008

Main Ingredient (we worked with Evie Loftus) was fantastic in helping us - very responsive to our budget and fantastic with their food. We received a lot of compliments for the buffet at our reception, and had no leftovers!

Sent on 08/08/2008

Maria · Married on 09/22/2007

We used Main Ingredient for our Rehearsal Dinner food. We ordered the food and picked it up to take to the house. Samantha with Main Ingredient was wonderful. She was extremely patient throughout the process. The thing that impressed me most was the amount of food that we got. We ordered food for 25 people and had enough for lunch the next day. I also found out after I placed the initial order that I have a food allergy to wheat. Main Ingredient offered to change the menu to accommodate my food allergy. I would highly recommend Main Ingredient!

Sent on 10/25/2007

Kris · Married on 06/02/2007

For our wedding cake we had almond pound cake with raspberry filling and sweet white icing...this was possibly the best cake I have ever had and all of our guests raved about it as well! On our wedding day, the cake looked exactly how I wanted it to be and tasted exactly as it did at our tasting.

Evie at the Main Ingedient was a pleasure to work with. She was professional, timely in responses and offered helpful suggestions. I would reccommend usuing the Main Ingredient 100%!

Sent on 10/30/2008

Patricia · Married on 07/09/2006

They did an excellent job and the food was delicious. We had them make our cake also and it was great.

Sent on 05/24/2007

Emily · Married on 06/03/2006

The Main Ingredient did an amazing job at our wedding, providing great food, great service, and professional servers. I would recommend them to everyone. They even fixed the bride and groom a plate of food and drinks while we were having our pictures taken before we entered our reception! They are great!

Sent on 04/21/2008

Michele · event on 05/25/2017

Main and Market catered my daughter's graduation party and the food, service, and planning was beyond spectacular. Nanette assisted in all facets of the event and provided wonderful recommendations. My guests raved about food and the overall event. I wish I could give more than five stars!

Sent on 08/18/2017

stefanie · Married on 09/26/2015

The Main Ingredient provided appetizers, dinner, and finger desserts for our wedding reception at the USNA Alumni House. First off, Main Ingredient works flawlessly with the Alumni House team- you can tell MI and the Alumni House have a long established professional relationship. Debra answered all of my questions and was quick to make changes to our order.
    Main Ingredient provided a great tasting- even accommodating my bridesmaid at the last minute so I could have a second opinion- and was willing to work with us for minor changes to their menu items- no starch, more seasoning for the veggies, replacing the cheese on the salad. The lamb lollipops were divine, and our crab cakes & filet dinner was perfect. For sides, the asparagus with balsamic reduction were so good and the roasted veggies were so flavorful. My family likes to eat so I can attest there was plenty of food for all! I also recommend the pear salad and for finger desserts, the lemon bars & mini pecan pies were a big hit!
    My mom & I made the wedding cake, and the Main Ingredient crew was still willing to help cut & serve the cake- even though it wasn't theirs! Main Ingredient is an Annapolis institution- I highly recommend their food and services.

Sent on 03/21/2016