Main & Market Reviews

152 | Annapolis, MD

152 Reviews for Main & Market

Ashley J. · Married on 10/12/2013

The Main Ingredient was the perfect choice for our wedding! The food was delicious and the service was superb. We were so happy to receive many compliments about how wonderful the food tasted. The staff was professional and performed beyond our expectations. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Julie-Anne · Married on 09/21/2013

Delicious!!! We went with three different flavors of cake to please everyone's tastes. Each cake was delicious!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Susan · Married on 09/15/2013

Excellent cake! Gave us exactly what we wanted with tons of options! Guests loved the different kinds of cake to choose from.

Sent on 10/18/2013

I loved my cake! It was exactly what we ordered. Even our tasting was fun and we had an opportunity try different flavors. Everyone enjoyed the cake so much, they took pieces home. I can't wait to have the top layer next year. I would definitely recommend The Main Ingredient to anyone needing catering.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/03/2013

I could not have imagined a better catering company to work with for my wedding. My husband and I wanted a laid back, but still nice, meal for our guests, and the Main Ingredient was definitely able to create the desired "feel" of the evening.

Rachel Cloud did an amazing job of listening to our ideas, updating and making changes to our proposal when needed, and keeping us organized. We must have sent countless emails back and forth and she was always quick to respond and stayed on top of everything.

We got so many compliments on the food at our wedding (we did a buffet style). My husband and I were brought our food plates so we were able to actually sit down and enjoy the meal ourselves. Right before the ceremony one of the bartenders brought me a glass of wine (very very nice! :) ).

The Main Ingredient also did our cake, which turned out great.

Very affordable, great people, everything went smoothly- would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Main Ingredient was AMAZING! I worked with Rachel and Angela who made it very easy on us. During the event they made sure the bride and groom had everything they needed but the staff was equally as attentive with the guests. Rachel was so quick to respond, listened to all of our ideas and made suggestions based off of her expertise when needed. I definitely think they are reasonably priced, especially for the service and professionalism you receive. Everyone raved about the food, the tortellini was so delicious! They even helped cater the brunch the next day. I would 100% recommend them to someone looking for a caterer for any event.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Jonelle · Married on 06/07/2013

We are so thankful for The Main Ingredient.

The attention that our wedding received was one of a kind and we couldn't have been happier. Every request we made was fulfilled. All of our guests were pleased and when we had a couple of guests request seconds, the staff was more than accommodating and brought out a few more plates!!!!

We had a couple of grandparents that were unable to attend. The Main Ingredient made sure that we had a dozen cupcakes saved back and packaged up for us to take to them in the days following. Let me tell you, the cupcakes were just as wonderful in the days following as they were the night of!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Alicia · Married on 05/26/2013

My fiance was insistent that he wanted cupcakes for our wedding. It was a great choice! We had a smaller cake for us to cut into and then two different flavored cupcakes for all of the guests. The cupcakes were outstanding. We went with lemon, raspberry preserves and sweet butter cream for half and chocolate rum with raspberry preserves and sweet butter cream for the other half. Our guests loved them! Jessica was a pleasure to work with and I look forward to working with them again in the future.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Natalie · Married on 05/25/2013

The Main Ingredient was absolutely phenomenal in every part of the catering process! We absolutely loved working with Kailey on designing our menu and creating a signature cocktail (that our guests were talking about all night long)! The entire experience was incredible and they truly lived up to their reputation as the best caterer in the Annapolis Area!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Katherine · Married on 05/18/2013

Main Ingredient catered our 50 person wedding and everyone had a great time! The guests raved about the food and the service was excellent! I would definitely use them again for another event! Thank you MI:)

Sent on 07/03/2013

They were really easy to work with. Their cakes are amazing. I did mini-cupcakes for our wedding and got a small cake. I was really happy with the value i got. My friend used them for her wedding last year and i used them for mine. If I ever have needs for another cake from them I will definitely use them again.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2013

We tried several cake vendors and main ingredient far surpassed the others. The cake and icing weren't too sweet. We were able to get cupcakes and a mini cake for cutting. They came right on schedule and were beautiful. The cupcakes are still good (we froze some)!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

I chose the Main Ingredient to provide my wedding cake after they were recommended by my venue, the Westin Annapolis. My now-husband and I had our tasting scheduled for the morning after the horrible "Derecho" storm in July of 2012. Despite the widespread power outages, Main Ingredient was opened and its staff was all there to greet us with a smile. Although all the cake we tried was delicious, we chose a red velvet "main" cake and a chocolate sheet cake for our reception. I gave a general idea of what I wanted, but did not get into too much detail, so you can imagine how happy I was when I saw the cake at the reception and it was EXACTLY what I had in mind! It looked absolutely beautiful, and tasted delicious as well! In addition, the pricing was very reasonable and within my budget. I would definitely recommend the Main Ingredient to a bride looking for a delicious cake for her wedding!

Sent on 11/21/2012
  • I

Inga · Married on 10/07/2012

My wedding cake was delicious. Four tiers with four different flavors. It was just delicious and my wedding guests loved it. Jessica was great at the tasting and communication was exceptional. I would definitely recommend the Main Ingredient for your catering needs.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Adrienne · Married on 10/06/2012

Main Ingredient did an absolutely wonderful job at our wedding! Kailey was our consultant, and she was there for us every step of the way. From silly questions to deciding on the important stuff, she always answered emails and phone calls promptly, and was always so nice to talk to. We had some issues finding the right color green for our linens, but she really came through and found exactly what we wanted. The food was absolutely delicious, and I can't tell you how many compliments I got throughout the night on the meals and the cake. Kailey worked with my husband, who is a chef, to come up with a menu that would please everyone but also wasn't quite your typical beef/chicken/veg choices. Their responsiveness and attention to detail was amazing. We could not have asked for more!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

Jessica worked my my husband and I to provide us with the wedding cake of our dreams. They offered free cake tastings (which all were amazing) and charged us 1/2 of what other cake vendors wanted to charge.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Cheryl · Married on 09/21/2012

I would like to thank ALL the vendors that made Teisha and Zachary Price's wedding so unforgettable. The food by Main Ingredient, Annapolis, was unbelievable --would so love to have the recipes to the appetizers, tehe -- and the staff went far above and beyond the norm to make it so. I have excruciatingly painful knee joints and by the end of the evening could barely walk. Nanette from Main Ingredient was so gracious, she offered and did assist me in reaching my waiting car when I'm sure she had a million other more pressing duties to attend to. This in of itself show the level of professionalizm and caring they have for their clients. If you are in the Baltimore / Washington / Annapolis area and need someone to cater an event for you I strongly suggest looking into Main Ingredient. Again, thank you to EVERYONE!

Sent on 09/22/2012

Amy · Married on 09/15/2012

Loved our cake!!! I found a style I wanted online and they were able to replicate it perfectly! and to say it tasted good was an understatement!! It was perfect!

Sent on 10/02/2012

We worked with Evie to plan our wedding menu and reception details and she was wonderful. She had so many ideas and was great about planning a well rounded menu with a flair of the types of food/style we love. This ranged from traditional foods to a more unique popsicle display as part of dessert. Their food and service was amazing on our wedding day. The staff were friendly and attentive, especially to our guests who were not as mobile. We are still receiving rave reviews of the food at our wedding from guests who state "it was the best reception food they've ever eaten" (especially the crabtini's!).

Sent on 09/23/2012

Skyelar · Married on 08/11/2012

If you decide to go with the Main Ingredient I suggest asking for Rachel, she is very professional and helpful throughout the entire process. The food is great and very presentable. I would use them again and again and recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 08/18/2012

Sue · Married on 07/14/2012

Main Ingredient deserves 1000 starts. Debra was extremely professional and flexible until the very last minute of the wedding. Her entire team worked very hard and we are very pleased with their food and their service. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Chelsea · Married on 07/06/2012

The Main Ingredient was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Everything was absolutely wonderful. Rachel was so incredibly helpful & great to work with. She responded quickly to all my questions & helped me with all the details.
    The day of our wedding was insanely hot (around 104 degrees) and Nannette was amazing, and she took great care of us. The staff was professional, friendly and super helpful. They provided a water station for our guests during the ceremony which was a life saver. The staff made sure our guests had water all throughout the ceremony & reception- which was so great! The food was delicious, the cupcakes were so cute & the tables looked exactly as we had envisioned. :) We truly have no complaints! Our day was better than we could have ever imagined. We are so happy with our decision to go with The Main Ingredient. We knew we would be taken care of and everything was great! We can not thank you enough!! :)

Sent on 08/01/2012

Katie · Married on 06/30/2012

The Main Ingredient did an excellent job catering my wedding. I worked with Rachel and she made the planning process easy and enjoyable. As a bonus, our tasting was definitely the best part of all the wedding planning. Rachel was always quick to respond to all of my questions and concerns and she was open to all of my ideas. On the day of the wedding, I did not worry about a single thing. The staff even helped put out my decorations and neither I or my family had to worry about any set-up. The food was delicious and everyone raved about it. Everything looked great too and the staff was really friendly and professional. I have many years of catering experience myself and I have high expectations when it comes to table settings, service, buffet set-up, etc. It's clear to me that The Main Ingredient cares about its customers and the staff truly want to do a good job. Thank you for helping make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Rather than have one cake for our wedding, my husband and I decided to have a "cake buffet" with many kinds of cake for our guests to choose from. We ordered the cakes from The Main Ingredient and the process couldn't have been easier. We went in and sampled different cakes, ordered 8, and they were delivered on time to our venue. Not only was every cake delicious, but they were all beautiful, which made for a pretty amazing cake display. We got so many compliments from our guests about the presentation and taste of the cakes. Thanks Main Ingredient!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Jackie · Married on 06/09/2012

From the very beginning, The Main Ingredient was an incredible partner in planning our wedding. Debra (our contact) was very easy to work with, very responsive to any special requests on our part, and couldn't have been nicer throughout the whole process.
    What distinguishes The Main Ingredient from other caterers is the professional and comprehensive quality of their service. The serving staff are extremely good at the jobs and are on top of everyone's needs immediately. They were excellent about seeing to every dietary and allergy concern we had among all our wedding guests, in these cases more than happy to make up special entrees for those guests who required them. They saw that our other on-site vendors were well-fed as well, and in a manner that did not disrupt the flow of the evening. We received several highly-competent and professional bartenders from them as well. One, Eric, had a nearly photographic memory, it seemed, and would remember every guest's preferred drink, often having them made as those guests got to the front of the bar line.
    Free champagne was provided for the bride and bridesmaids as they spent the day getting ready for the event that afternoon, and they happily included free lemonade and iced tea for all of our guests throughout the event (on a particularly hot June day, this was amazing).
    Our day-of coordinator, Nanette, was fantastic as well. She ensured that while the photos were being taken, the serving staff regularly came by with trays of all of our hors d'oeuvres choices, as well as seeing that we always had one of our signature cocktails in hand.
    All of this service of course, wouldn't mean much if the food wasn't good. Happily, anyone who knows Annapolis should already be aware of The Main Ingredient's stellar reputation as one of the finest cafes in town. Their bakery is also quite legendary and we were bowled over by both the taste and presentation of our wedding cake, which was beautifully designed. It should also be noted that as we were catering clients, the wedding cake was offered at half price with free delivery.
    We could continue to exhaust superlatives about The Main Ingredient, but we'll leave you with this: if you're planning a wedding anywhere near Annapolis, MD, The Main Ingredient is without a doubt the smartest choice you could make for a vendor.

Sent on 06/14/2012