Main & Market Reviews

Main & Market 5
Main & Market 6
Main & Market 7

Natalie · Married on 05/25/2013

The Main Ingredient was absolutely phenomenal in every part of the catering process! We absolutely loved working with Kailey on designing our menu and creating a signature cocktail (that our guests were talking about all night long)! The entire experience was incredible and they truly lived up to their reputation as the best caterer in the Annapolis Area!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Katherine · Married on 05/18/2013

Main Ingredient catered our 50 person wedding and everyone had a great time! The guests raved about the food and the service was excellent! I would definitely use them again for another event! Thank you MI:)

Sent on 07/03/2013

They were really easy to work with. Their cakes are amazing. I did mini-cupcakes for our wedding and got a small cake. I was really happy with the value i got. My friend used them for her wedding last year and i used them for mine. If I ever have needs for another cake from them I will definitely use them again.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2013

We tried several cake vendors and main ingredient far surpassed the others. The cake and icing weren't too sweet. We were able to get cupcakes and a mini cake for cutting. They came right on schedule and were beautiful. The cupcakes are still good (we froze some)!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

I chose the Main Ingredient to provide my wedding cake after they were recommended by my venue, the Westin Annapolis. My now-husband and I had our tasting scheduled for the morning after the horrible "Derecho" storm in July of 2012. Despite the widespread power outages, Main Ingredient was opened and its staff was all there to greet us with a smile. Although all the cake we tried was delicious, we chose a red velvet "main" cake and a chocolate sheet cake for our reception. I gave a general idea of what I wanted, but did not get into too much detail, so you can imagine how happy I was when I saw the cake at the reception and it was EXACTLY what I had in mind! It looked absolutely beautiful, and tasted delicious as well! In addition, the pricing was very reasonable and within my budget. I would definitely recommend the Main Ingredient to a bride looking for a delicious cake for her wedding!

Sent on 11/21/2012
  • I

Inga · Married on 10/07/2012

My wedding cake was delicious. Four tiers with four different flavors. It was just delicious and my wedding guests loved it. Jessica was great at the tasting and communication was exceptional. I would definitely recommend the Main Ingredient for your catering needs.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Adrienne · Married on 10/06/2012

Main Ingredient did an absolutely wonderful job at our wedding! Kailey was our consultant, and she was there for us every step of the way. From silly questions to deciding on the important stuff, she always answered emails and phone calls promptly, and was always so nice to talk to. We had some issues finding the right color green for our linens, but she really came through and found exactly what we wanted. The food was absolutely delicious, and I can't tell you how many compliments I got throughout the night on the meals and the cake. Kailey worked with my husband, who is a chef, to come up with a menu that would please everyone but also wasn't quite your typical beef/chicken/veg choices. Their responsiveness and attention to detail was amazing. We could not have asked for more!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

Jessica worked my my husband and I to provide us with the wedding cake of our dreams. They offered free cake tastings (which all were amazing) and charged us 1/2 of what other cake vendors wanted to charge.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Cheryl W · Married on 09/21/2012

I would like to thank ALL the vendors that made Teisha and Zachary Price's wedding so unforgettable. The food by Main Ingredient, Annapolis, was unbelievable --would so love to have the recipes to the appetizers, tehe -- and the staff went far above and beyond the norm to make it so. I have excruciatingly painful knee joints and by the end of the evening could barely walk. Nanette from Main Ingredient was so gracious, she offered and did assist me in reaching my waiting car when I'm sure she had a million other more pressing duties to attend to. This in of itself show the level of professionalizm and caring they have for their clients. If you are in the Baltimore / Washington / Annapolis area and need someone to cater an event for you I strongly suggest looking into Main Ingredient. Again, thank you to EVERYONE!

Sent on 09/22/2012

amy · Married on 09/15/2012

Loved our cake!!! I found a style I wanted online and they were able to replicate it perfectly! and to say it tasted good was an understatement!! It was perfect!

Sent on 10/02/2012

We worked with Evie to plan our wedding menu and reception details and she was wonderful. She had so many ideas and was great about planning a well rounded menu with a flair of the types of food/style we love. This ranged from traditional foods to a more unique popsicle display as part of dessert. Their food and service was amazing on our wedding day. The staff were friendly and attentive, especially to our guests who were not as mobile. We are still receiving rave reviews of the food at our wedding from guests who state "it was the best reception food they've ever eaten" (especially the crabtini's!).

Sent on 09/23/2012

Skyelar · Married on 08/11/2012

If you decide to go with the Main Ingredient I suggest asking for Rachel, she is very professional and helpful throughout the entire process. The food is great and very presentable. I would use them again and again and recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 08/18/2012

Sue · Married on 07/14/2012

Main Ingredient deserves 1000 starts. Debra was extremely professional and flexible until the very last minute of the wedding. Her entire team worked very hard and we are very pleased with their food and their service. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Chelsea · Married on 07/06/2012

The Main Ingredient was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Everything was absolutely wonderful. Rachel was so incredibly helpful & great to work with. She responded quickly to all my questions & helped me with all the details.
    The day of our wedding was insanely hot (around 104 degrees) and Nannette was amazing, and she took great care of us. The staff was professional, friendly and super helpful. They provided a water station for our guests during the ceremony which was a life saver. The staff made sure our guests had water all throughout the ceremony & reception- which was so great! The food was delicious, the cupcakes were so cute & the tables looked exactly as we had envisioned. :) We truly have no complaints! Our day was better than we could have ever imagined. We are so happy with our decision to go with The Main Ingredient. We knew we would be taken care of and everything was great! We can not thank you enough!! :)

Sent on 08/01/2012

Katie · Married on 06/30/2012

The Main Ingredient did an excellent job catering my wedding. I worked with Rachel and she made the planning process easy and enjoyable. As a bonus, our tasting was definitely the best part of all the wedding planning. Rachel was always quick to respond to all of my questions and concerns and she was open to all of my ideas. On the day of the wedding, I did not worry about a single thing. The staff even helped put out my decorations and neither I or my family had to worry about any set-up. The food was delicious and everyone raved about it. Everything looked great too and the staff was really friendly and professional. I have many years of catering experience myself and I have high expectations when it comes to table settings, service, buffet set-up, etc. It's clear to me that The Main Ingredient cares about its customers and the staff truly want to do a good job. Thank you for helping make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Rather than have one cake for our wedding, my husband and I decided to have a "cake buffet" with many kinds of cake for our guests to choose from. We ordered the cakes from The Main Ingredient and the process couldn't have been easier. We went in and sampled different cakes, ordered 8, and they were delivered on time to our venue. Not only was every cake delicious, but they were all beautiful, which made for a pretty amazing cake display. We got so many compliments from our guests about the presentation and taste of the cakes. Thanks Main Ingredient!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Jackie · Married on 06/09/2012

From the very beginning, The Main Ingredient was an incredible partner in planning our wedding. Debra (our contact) was very easy to work with, very responsive to any special requests on our part, and couldn't have been nicer throughout the whole process.
    What distinguishes The Main Ingredient from other caterers is the professional and comprehensive quality of their service. The serving staff are extremely good at the jobs and are on top of everyone's needs immediately. They were excellent about seeing to every dietary and allergy concern we had among all our wedding guests, in these cases more than happy to make up special entrees for those guests who required them. They saw that our other on-site vendors were well-fed as well, and in a manner that did not disrupt the flow of the evening. We received several highly-competent and professional bartenders from them as well. One, Eric, had a nearly photographic memory, it seemed, and would remember every guest's preferred drink, often having them made as those guests got to the front of the bar line.
    Free champagne was provided for the bride and bridesmaids as they spent the day getting ready for the event that afternoon, and they happily included free lemonade and iced tea for all of our guests throughout the event (on a particularly hot June day, this was amazing).
    Our day-of coordinator, Nanette, was fantastic as well. She ensured that while the photos were being taken, the serving staff regularly came by with trays of all of our hors d'oeuvres choices, as well as seeing that we always had one of our signature cocktails in hand.
    All of this service of course, wouldn't mean much if the food wasn't good. Happily, anyone who knows Annapolis should already be aware of The Main Ingredient's stellar reputation as one of the finest cafes in town. Their bakery is also quite legendary and we were bowled over by both the taste and presentation of our wedding cake, which was beautifully designed. It should also be noted that as we were catering clients, the wedding cake was offered at half price with free delivery.
    We could continue to exhaust superlatives about The Main Ingredient, but we'll leave you with this: if you're planning a wedding anywhere near Annapolis, MD, The Main Ingredient is without a doubt the smartest choice you could make for a vendor.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Laura · Married on 05/05/2012

Kailey was our main point of contact at Main Ingredient and she was beyond incredible. I felt like I had my own wedding planner because she was so organized and made sure every single detail was covered. She was very quick to respond to my many questions and concerns throughout the year leading up to my wedding. The food was incredible and every single guest told me it was the best wedding food they have ever been too (and one guest has been to over 40 weddings!). Kailey was there the day of my wedding and made sure everything was setup perfectly. Nanette took over once the ceremony was complete and everything was smooth sailing. She would check up with myself and husband as well as all the guests. The cake was also designed by MI and it was beautiful and delicious. If you want to best food at your wedding and best service I highly recommend The Main Ingredient.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Tracy · Married on 04/21/2012

The Main Ingredient catered our wedding this past weekend. They were absolutely fantastic! The food was out of this world, and several people told us that the cake was the best they'd ever tasted! And, the service was top notch! Rachel was a pleasure to work with and arranged everything perfectly. Thanks for making our day so special!

Sent on 04/24/2012

Kelly · Married on 04/07/2012

I am a busy professional. I needed to find a caterer that not only provides awesome food but are true professionals in the way they deliver their services. Main Ingredient exceeded all of my expectations. They were pros at guiding us through the process, understanding our needs and budget, and helping us anticipate and plan for MANY things we never thought of. All of our guests raved about the food at our wedding and Main Ingredient's service was stellar. And, our cake, well it was gorgeous and delicious beyond words. Main Ingredient rocked! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Samantha · Married on 03/31/2012

my cake was beautiful! the delivery was flawless and it was so delicious

Sent on 04/18/2012

Vanessa · Married on 03/31/2012

We worked with Rachel Cloud and she was a joy to work with the whole way through. She was always available via email or phone. During our sessions and tasting she was very helpful when we had to make the big decisions.

When it came to the Wedding they made the event space look absolutely beautiful, the guest loved the food, thought the cake was delightful and the Ice Cream Bar...oh the Ice Cream Bar. :)

Overall a great catering service :)

Sent on 04/30/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2012

Kailey was great to work with. Our cupcakes turned out awesome and very delicious! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/15/2012

Meredith · Married on 03/10/2012

Jenny and Evie at the Main Ingredient were wonderful to work with. They give us a great price for everything (including the wedding cake). We went in for a tasting and the food was absolutely delicious!

Unfortunately we lost our venue a month before the wedding. Jenny and Evie were wonderful in working with us and the new venue in such a short period of time. The new venue typically, only under limited conditions would let an outside caterer in. Jenny and Evie were happy to work with them to coordinate the cooking. Although they couldn't serve the food, they pulled it off and all the guests were quite happy. We still have guests, almost 4 months later commenting on the food.

Main Ingredient also did our cake. My husband wanted to help with the design (using my engagement ring as inspiration) and they were more than happy to work with his design. We had the carrot cake with cream cheese icing, delicious! The design turned out well too!

Jenny and Evie went above and beyond for us. Working extra hours after we had planned everything at the first venue to have to switch it all. They did it all with a smile on their faces and a reassuring words that it would all work out, and it did! They were also willing to give us centerpiece and overall suggestions with all the little details.

They helped us create the wedding of our dreams. We have already recommended them to friends and will not hesitate doing so in the future!

Sent on 07/07/2012
  • W

Whiteny · Married on 11/05/2011

One of the best things that I could have done during the year and a half worth of planning was have the Main Ingredient cater for us! They were one of the most professional companies that I have worked with!!! I loved that they were a "one-stop-shop" because they provided my cake, all the rentals, a coordinator and, of course, amazing food!!! The person that I worked closely with was Rachel, and you can't find anyone as sweet and as professional as she is!!!! She was there EVERY step of the way, always willing to help and calm down a crazy, OCD bride!!

On the day of, EVERYTHING went according to plan, and all I can say is that it was due to the Main Ingredient! The staff was absolutely wonderful and was very helpful to all of our guests! The food was out of this world, and thanks to Rachel, my husband and I were able to eat!!! She was VERY attentive to us and always made sure we had something to eat or drink! She kept us on time and all I had to do was say "I need Rachel" and she was there! I would recommend Main Ingredient to all brides AND plan to use them in the future!!!

Sent on 11/29/2011