Main & Market Reviews

Main & Market 5
Main & Market 6
Main & Market 7

Patti · Married on 07/24/2015

The Main Ingredient was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! After choosing a dress & a venue the next most pressing decision is who is going to cater our big day! All of our guests absolutely raved about the food. We were married out on the Chesapeake Bay on a 100 ft chartered yacht...We had butler passed hors d'oeuvres & 2 serving stations. Everything was hot and delicious. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and easy to work with too. I would absolutely recommend The Main Ingredient to anyone who has a catering need!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/20/2015

Main Ingredient provided the wedding cake for our daughter's wedding. From the first introduction, to cake tasting and cake design, Main Ingredient focused on our requirements and wishes and added the background knowledge to guide us through a very important part of the wedding process. The final product was a very beautiful and delicious cake that was enjoyed by all.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Leann · Married on 05/16/2015

Already big fans of Main Ingredient's food, we sourced them to supply our custom cupcakes & wedding cake. Their accommodations exceeded expectations from day one as their taste testing was exceptional and we were able to customize our cupcakes exactly how we wanted them. We received SO many compliments on their cupcakes and their wedding cake was delicious. We would work with them again in a heartbeat.

Leann & Jonathan

Sent on 08/06/2015
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/02/2015

There aren't enough good things I could say about The Main Ingredient, our consultant, and our on-site staff! They allowed us to have a totally custom menu with Polish, southern, and Annapolis stations for our dinner and a dessert buffet following the same theme. From selecting our linens to making our wedding cake, working with them as an absolute dream. The on-site staff was amazing and I never had to ask for anything! As soon as my husband and I arrived at the reception, we had drinks and appetizers waiting on us. The food was amazing and we received so many compliments! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you did to make our day perfect!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Marilyn · Married on 04/18/2015

First off let me say that I worked with Jessica and she always kept in touch and would return a phone call or email right away. The staff that worked my wedding were amazing. They went above and beyond and helped make my day as special as it was.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Marje · Married on 04/11/2015

Main Ingredient was great to work with, from the initial contact and subsequent tasting to executing a unique design for the groom cake and a specific design for the wedding cake. Guests raved about the cake, especially the chocolate rum with strawberry preserve filling.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Lauren · Married on 04/11/2015

The Main Ingredient was wonderful to work with from day one. They were accommodating and flexible throughout the entire process and I never worried about the cake. I was able to describe my design and with a few ideas from pinterest, they created exactly what I had in mind. Not only that, but everyone raved about the wedding cake! We had three different flavors, and all of them were a hit with our 200 guests. I would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Fantastic! Food was amazing, everyone continues to rave about them, especially the MD Chicken Shooters and Carrot Cupcakes! Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Jade · Married on 09/27/2014

The Main Ingredient was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding cake. We always loved their food from the cafe and other events we had been too and knew we wanted them for our wedding cake. From the very first meeting, the Main Ingredient team was so kind, responsive, and professional. Not to mention their cake tastes AMAZING! The best! They gave us samples and took our idea and transformed it into an amazing cake! Everything was so easy, on time, and amazing. I cannot recommend them enough! All our guests enjoyed the delicious cake and I enjoyed the ease of working with such a wonderful company!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Katie · Married on 08/31/2014

We got our desserts through Main Ingredient in Annapolis and it was the best choice ever! They were SO good!! We had a traditional wedding cake along with a dessert table! I would definitely recommend them to friends. Ask for Jessica!!

Sent on 10/17/2014

caryn · Married on 08/17/2014

DELICIOUS!!!!!!
    Main Ingredient provided our cakes (and delivered right to the venue!) We did something different and offered our guests a 'cake bar' and ordered 5 different delicious cakes. The whole cakes were beautifully displayed on a table and our guests were able to cut their own piece(s)! They are still raving about how delicious everything was! (amazing Cannoli filling cake, super rich chocolate decadence - which was gluten free, and perfect red velvet... just to name a few) Jessica at Main Ingredient was wonderful to work with! She was quick to reply to an email/phone call. The Tasting was super helpful and wonderfully presented. Thank you so so much for providing the cakes for the best day of my life!

Sent on 08/20/2014

kathy · Married on 07/29/2014

I have utilized the Main Ingredient for many occasions. Their quality and professionalism never waivers. They have always exceeded expectations and put the customer first. Will continue to use them for all family functions. They also made the cake which was fabulous and delicious.

Sent on 08/15/2015

Carolyn · Married on 07/12/2014

The Main Ingredient was just perfect for our wedding cake! I grew up in Annapolis and every year for my birthday my friends get me their red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting so when I was getting married it was an easy decision (although we did test other places just to be sure!). We did two flavors in the actual cake, one for me and one for my husband (strawberry shortcake and chocolate with chocolate mousse) and a separate flavor for the anniversary top cake. We couldn't do cream cheese frosting on the actual cake, but they gave me the great (and cost saving) option to do a sheet cake of red velvet with cream cheese. We only had cake as our dessert so having 3 options for our guests was perfect. The cake was delicious and design looked great!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Deanna · Married on 04/09/2014

The Main Ingredient and Jessica made the impossible, POSSIBLE.

Less than two weeks notice and a daughter who decided that she really wanted a wedding, a full blown wedding which went from appetizers only for twenty to an appetizer hour, a full course meal, bar, and desserts to accompany a wedding cake for 52. Oh and don't forget that we need EVERYTHING. Yes, our venue would be providing the tables and chairs but we would need all the rest. Overwhelming for most but Jessica had it all under control, stayed within our budget, and it was PHENOMENAL! I would HIGHLY recommend The Main Ingredient.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Brian · Married on 04/07/2014

The Wedding cake we purchased at Main Ingredient was not only beautiful but very delicious. The staff was very helpful in helping us choose a cake.Everyone at the wedding reception loved the cake.We would definitely recommend the Main Ingredient.

Sent on 04/19/2014

Sarah · Married on 02/22/2014

They made my cake the most beautiful! I loved the party favors! Very pleased with the taste of the cake and look.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Jenny · Married on 10/12/2013

Main Ingredient catered my son's wedding last weekend and they did a fabulous job! The service was great......very attentive and great attention to detail in the set up. The food was fantastic! The crab cakes are the best and the tortellini was outstanding. The hors d'oeuvres were unique and yummy....mini corn dogs with a spicy ketchup, soup sip of roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese triangle, mini crab cakes with lemon aioli and MD fried chicken bite on a biscuit drizzled with honey. AND, they made the bride's favorite funfetti cake! The cake was covered in colorful sprinkles and finished with a beautiful fondant bow around each of the four layers. Wonderful job Main Ingredient.......THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Ashley + Jon · Married on 10/12/2013

The Main Ingredient was the perfect choice for our wedding! The food was delicious and the service was superb. We were so happy to receive many compliments about how wonderful the food tasted. The staff was professional and performed beyond our expectations. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Julie-Anne · Married on 09/21/2013

Delicious!!! We went with three different flavors of cake to please everyone's tastes. Each cake was delicious!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Susan · Married on 09/15/2013

Excellent cake! Gave us exactly what we wanted with tons of options! Guests loved the different kinds of cake to choose from.

Sent on 10/18/2013

I loved my cake! It was exactly what we ordered. Even our tasting was fun and we had an opportunity try different flavors. Everyone enjoyed the cake so much, they took pieces home. I can't wait to have the top layer next year. I would definitely recommend The Main Ingredient to anyone needing catering.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/03/2013

I could not have imagined a better catering company to work with for my wedding. My husband and I wanted a laid back, but still nice, meal for our guests, and the Main Ingredient was definitely able to create the desired "feel" of the evening.

Rachel Cloud did an amazing job of listening to our ideas, updating and making changes to our proposal when needed, and keeping us organized. We must have sent countless emails back and forth and she was always quick to respond and stayed on top of everything.

We got so many compliments on the food at our wedding (we did a buffet style). My husband and I were brought our food plates so we were able to actually sit down and enjoy the meal ourselves. Right before the ceremony one of the bartenders brought me a glass of wine (very very nice! :) ).

The Main Ingredient also did our cake, which turned out great.

Very affordable, great people, everything went smoothly- would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Main Ingredient was AMAZING! I worked with Rachel and Angela who made it very easy on us. During the event they made sure the bride and groom had everything they needed but the staff was equally as attentive with the guests. Rachel was so quick to respond, listened to all of our ideas and made suggestions based off of her expertise when needed. I definitely think they are reasonably priced, especially for the service and professionalism you receive. Everyone raved about the food, the tortellini was so delicious! They even helped cater the brunch the next day. I would 100% recommend them to someone looking for a caterer for any event.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Jonelle · Married on 06/07/2013

We are so thankful for The Main Ingredient.

The attention that our wedding received was one of a kind and we couldn't have been happier. Every request we made was fulfilled. All of our guests were pleased and when we had a couple of guests request seconds, the staff was more than accommodating and brought out a few more plates!!!!

We had a couple of grandparents that were unable to attend. The Main Ingredient made sure that we had a dozen cupcakes saved back and packaged up for us to take to them in the days following. Let me tell you, the cupcakes were just as wonderful in the days following as they were the night of!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Alicia · Married on 05/26/2013

My fiance was insistent that he wanted cupcakes for our wedding. It was a great choice! We had a smaller cake for us to cut into and then two different flavored cupcakes for all of the guests. The cupcakes were outstanding. We went with lemon, raspberry preserves and sweet butter cream for half and chocolate rum with raspberry preserves and sweet butter cream for the other half. Our guests loved them! Jessica was a pleasure to work with and I look forward to working with them again in the future.

Sent on 06/24/2013