Main Event Caterers Reviews

Main Event Caterers 5
Main Event Caterers 6
Main Event Caterers 7

Michelle · Married on 08/01/2015

Catering was one aspect of planning my daughter's wedding that I knew I would be extremely picky about. With this being one of the biggest expenses of a wedding, I wanted to make sure the quality and service reflected the cost. I am so glad we went with Main Event. We worked with Liz and she was wonderful. I made several special requests and she made sure everything was perfect. We were very impressed at the tasting and I wondered if this would be the same type of service and food quality we would get the actual day of the reception and it was! They have an amazing staff and they were very professional. They kept the appetizers coming out fresh and hot and the plated meal was visually stunning as well as delicious. They even had a personal butler that attended to the bride and groom. He made sure they were brought a sample of all the appetizers and had drinks before they made their entrance. He also made sure they had what ever they needed during the meal. They even prepared a to-go box for them to take with them. I would not hesitate to use Main Event again.

Sent on 01/17/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/19/2015

Main Event is the BEST caterer! We had such a great experience with them for our Woodend wedding in July. Caterer is a very complex service to provide - and Main Event was perfect along every step of the way. From our initial information request, to the tasting, to the planning and tweaking details, walk through, and the event. The food was seriously DELICIOUS (waaay better than typical "wedding food") and the guests loved everything. They have excellent choices for all dishes (appetizers - passed/stationery, salads, main dishes) and accommodated food allergies with ease. It was a pleasure working with Jackie and Spencer to design our dream wedding.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Main Event did an excellent job with my wedding this past summer and I'm so happy that I chose them. I worked with Adeline and she was very prompt in replying to all of my emails and made the process easy for me as I was planning my wedding from abroad. I also found them a good value for money when comparing other caterers in the area.

On the day of the event, the staff were wonderful and very attentive. We also had quite a few compliments on the food. They provided a signature drink at no extra charge and helped me to source German beer that isn't usually on their list. I also had them create custom cookies as favors at the end of the night which turned out perfectly.

The only thing I would have changed is that I would have sourced my wedding cake elsewhere. The cake wasn't exactly what I had wanted as they "outsource" their cakes and the communication to the bakery they use wasn't perfect. I would recommend finding your own bakery.

Overall, I would book them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Charles · Married on 06/13/2015

We had a great experience with Main Event! We hired Main Event to cater our wedding in DC last month. We couldn't have asked for a more professional, nicer, or more helpful team to work with. Jen and Liz at Main Event worked with us to develop a menu with terrific food that fit within our budget, and many of our guests told us that they thought the food and service at our wedding was the best they'd had at any wedding. Thanks Main Event!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Main Event was great from they day we contacted them until the end of our wedding. They were easy to work with, creative, and knew our venue inside and out. We had so many other details to plan and worry about, it was wonderful to know that they had the catering under control with minimal oversight from us. They arranged the tables and place settings beautifully; the food was delicious; and they attended to me and my husband all night. We didn't get to eat much during the reception, so it was a treat to get to our hotel at the end of the night and feast on the leftovers they packed us from our wedding dinner.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Margot · Married on 06/12/2015

We had an incredible experience working with Main Event! They did an incredible job listening to what we wanted and making it a reality. They answered every single question I had and were super patient with all my emails and flexible with me as I had a last minute 2-month international work trip that I had to take 3 months before the wedding. In addition to their customer service, the food that Main Event served was incredible. Every guest that I've spoken to has commented on how great the food was, a couple have even tried to get me to ask for recipes. I would highly recommend Main Event to anyone and will definitely look to use them again for any event that I host.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Tracy · Married on 05/23/2015

We worked with Michelle and Liz at Main Event Caterer for our wedding in May 2015 at the Carnegie Institute for Science. Both were fantastic and helpful throughout the entire process. We had chosen they based on reviews and after our first meeting with Michelle we walked away and immediately knew we wanted to use Main Event for our wedding. They worked closely with us on our meal choices, incorporated our requests and comments during the final tasting, and even switched up our whole catering menu 4 months prior to the wedding! The day of, the food was amazing, beautifully presented, and served to 130 guests very quickly. The wait staff was helpful and pleasant, and the bartenders were efficient and knowledgeable in serving various cocktails. Main events was also flexible in providing a third bartender outside during the cocktail hour, which helped cut down the wait time for drinks and prevented people from bunching up. Would highly recommend Main Event for your wedding!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/15/2015

Main Event was incredible to work with! The food was amazing, and I had multiple guests tell me how delicious it was! The tables were set beautifully and were exactly what I wanted! I'm so glad we went with Main Event for our wedding!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/09/2015

We were very impressed with the service and quality of food at Main Event. Jackie was always quick to respond to all of our questions and requests. She helped us create a delicious menu that got many compliments from our guests. We had several guests with food allergies and dietary restrictions. Main Event was very accommodating with creating specific dishes for them. They set up everything beautifully and were prompt and professional with clean up at the end of the wedding. The best part was the personal butler service just for us. They had ice water ready for us right after the ceremony and made sure we got to try all our favorite hors d’oeuvres!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Katherine · Married on 05/02/2015

We were so glad we used Main Event to cater our wedding reception. From the very first phone call with Jen Sibel, our event designer, I could tell that she understood the type of meal and event we wanted our reception to be. During the planning process, I really appreciated that Main Event provided a detailed quote, so I could see the cost breakdown, and didn't bat an eye when I needed a event plan for an outdoor setting (without a tent) as well as a indoor/rain plan. Working with Jen and Rebeccah Propp made planning our reception - from food, to linens, to table/dance floor rental, to event timing - so easy. We ended up having beautiful weather on our wedding day and had a fabulous cocktail hour and dinner in the garden. The quality of food and service by Main Event was superb. My husband and I felt completely taken care of (thanks to the Main Event staff who made sure we actually ate!). We also got lots of rave reviews from our guests who loved our buffet menu and appreciated the professional service provided by Main Event. They come with our highest recommendation.

Sent on 06/16/2015

We went with Main Event Caterers for our spring wedding at the Torpedo Factory, and they did a fantastic job. Out of the four quotes we got from caterers, they were the only ones who could deliver a plated meal on our tight budget. We initially requested a fusion of Vietnamese and Southern food, but since my Vietnamese relatives were sticklers on exact authenticity (and not fusion, which was what we wanted), we ultimately went with more American dishes. We weren't disappointed in the slightest -- the appetizer were delicious, and the entrees we went with were amazing and looked great. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was, and that was very important to me. Jackie was very responsive to all of my emails (and there were quite a few of them). Doing an event at the Torpedo Factory can be a challenge, since they can't set up until 5 pm, and our ceremony started at 6:30. However, they executed the set up perfectly, and were able to stick to our tight timeline. I highly recommend Main Event Caterers, not just for value, but for the quality of service that they deliver. Thank you so much for everything -- you were a big part in our wedding success!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/18/2015

From our very first contact, I had a fantastic experience working with the MEC team. We wanted to serve dinner family style and had a hard time finding caterers that were willing do to so, but MEC helped carry out our dinner dreams. The food service struck the exact tone we were hoping to achieve and our guests couldn't stop raving about the food. We made a few tweaks after our tasting, and they were always responsive to our questions and changes. While cake initially wasn't high on our priority list, we ended up having an amazing cake through them. They also did a wonderful job in pulling different linens and serveware for us to choose from, and I was thrilled with our final selections.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Rebecca · Married on 04/12/2015

Main Event is literally the BEST. My wedding planner recommended them to me, and I'm very glad she did that. From the food tasting to the wedding day, they make everything so smooth, and so customized to whatever you want.

Since most of our guests are Asian, we kinda wanted American food with an Asian twist, and Main Event definitely made it happen. The cocktail hour's food is amazing that some of my guests joked to me that they were kind of chasing the servers. Our main courses are short ribs, duck and vegetarian. I cannot tell you how many guests told me that they cook like Michelin star level food. We had a dessert BAR including probably 6-7 desserts after the dance floor is open, that was a KILLER. On top of that, we used their dark chocolate truffle box as our wedding favor, and all of the guests loved it. Main Event did a great job packing and arranging the logistics, that made me completely stress free.

Seriously, you won't find anyone better in town, in any sense.

Sent on 04/29/2015

We were recommended Main Event Caterers by our venue. I also got a recommendation from a co-worker who used them for her wedding. Jen and Liz were our event planners and worked within our budget. We went to a tasting with a tentative menu selected, and we were able to try 2 of our main courses at the tasting. The salmon and the boneless beef short rib are DELICIOUS! We also highly recommend the corn souffles - of which we got many compliments. They also provided all the linens, tables, and chairs. The staff and servers were very professional. We would definitely recommend Main Event Caterers!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Becky · Married on 12/13/2014

Main Event Caterers has incredibly friendly staff throughout the company -- from their accounts receivable department to their in-house sales staff to their on-site catering staff. Everyone was very easy to work with and always responded quickly.

MEC's menu offerings are unique and delicious and the displays at our wedding were beautiful.

We highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/02/2015
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/15/2014

I am very happy that I retained Main Event caterers for my wedding reception. I sampled menus from two other area caterers with similar price points, but none could compare to Main Event. Their menu options are astounding and they can modify according to special requests. I wanted hints of Persian flavors in my buffet menu and I got just that with dishes like pistachio rice pilaf and pomegranate-glazed carrots. They also had fantastic vegetarian options--I absolutely loved their eggplant entrée. And there are no words to describe how perfectly cooked and seasoned their roasted lamb loin and chicken entrees were. They also accommodated my request to have a warm apple cider bar for our colder than usual fall wedding. Planning a wedding reception can be a pretty daunting task on your own and Main Event made sure that our plans were executed perfectly. Our event coordinator was Spencer McCormack and he was a delight to work with. He made such helpful suggestions throughout the planning process and I felt comforted knowing that he had planned hundreds of weddings at the venue we chose. The catering team did a fantastic job with the food, set-up, break-down and even boxed up the few remaining leftovers for my family to take home. My family and friends are still raving about the food! I highly recommend Main Event.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Samantha · Married on 11/08/2014

I love Main Event! I worked with Spencer and his team and really couldn't be happier with both the process of getting everything together, as well as the final result on our wedding day. They are super responsive, professional and definitely get to know you throughout the planning. They have a really cool studio where you go for the tasting (which was spectacular!) and they have rental samples on-site (linens, flatware, chargers, etc.).

Our food was delicious and really reasonably priced for what you get. We had a seasonal menu (fall) that had really personal touches throughout, like apple cider to warm everyone on a cold day. Delicious beef, chicken, and roasted veggies—my vegetarian and meat-eating guests were all happy.

We heard so many compliments on the food—even from extremely tough critics, during dinner and all night long. They were accommodating and fun/easy to work with. Spencer is a gem. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Meghan · Married on 11/01/2014

Main Event lived up to all the promises made during this process. We went to our tasting and was blown away right from the beginning. Their attention to detail is fantastic, and they are absolutely flexible. We mixed and matched our menu options, and added a pasta course with sauce provided by the grooms father as part of a family tradition, and no one even batted an eye. They are incredibly responsive, every question and email was answered immediately. The food on the day of the wedding was exactly what we had tasted during our tasting over a year before. Everyone there on the day of the wedding was a perfect professional, they were kind, courteous and helpful and did a great job ensuring all our guests had everything they need. If you are looking for restaurant quality food at a great value, Main Event is your caterer.

Sent on 11/15/2014

Justin · Married on 10/25/2014

Wow! Spencer was amazing at working with us to come up with a proposal that would meet our budget. We were so impressed with Jack and his staff at the event. He made sure everything ran smoothly and in a timely fashion. The food was amazing. AMAZING! Everyone at the wedding was raving about how it was "the best food they have ever had at a wedding." Choose Main Event Catering. You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Nathan · Married on 10/25/2014

We used Main Event for our wedding in Washington, DC on 10/25/14. Our event designer (Spencer) was incredibly helpful and provided ideas and a menu from which we could design a buffet-style dinner that suited our wedding perfectly. The wait staff at the event were perfect -- not only at ensuring that everything ran smoothly with the catering, but also worked to keep us on track with our schedule. Finally (and perhaps most importantly) we got tons of compliments on the food. Many guests were traveling from North Carolina, so we had a "southern chic" cuisine, which included southern honey fried chicken and the best mac and cheese we've ever had. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/03/2014

We chose Main Event Caterers for our reception, and they were excellent. Overall: great food, detail-oriented, experienced, professional service.

Planning
    We had a medium-sized, fall reception. Main Event's personalized service impressed us. Their event planners convey fun, celebration, and enjoyment, which set them apart. The Main Event experience was like eating at a great restaurant. Other vendors seemed generic, cafeteria-like. We worked with Scotlyn and Liz, who brought us in for a consultation. We discussed our reception vision and left with a gift of chocolate truffles.

Tasting/Walkthrough
    The group tasting solidified our confidence about food quality, equipment, and service staff. During our walkthrough, our event coordinator was detail-oriented and stayed behind after we left to discuss details with the venue management.

Food
    Because of their experience and size, Main Event has an extensive, unmatched menu, and the food is great. Guests complimented the goat cheese/jalapeno hushpuppies appetizer and our cheese table. On arrival, we actually got to eat appetizers, reserved by waitstaff specifically assigned to us. We enjoyed the beef short rib and brie on brioche. The butternut squash soup was a great, fall-themed first course, wisely suggested instead of a salad. Entrees were similarly great.

Waitstaff/Service
    The plated meal service and bartending went smoothly with the experienced staff. Our on-site coordinator, Liz, helped us through a 30-minute delayed start and communicated well. Brandon, our great head waiter, served our gluten-free guests promptly and held two extra meals for latecomers. Guests were well taken of.

Summary
    Contracting a caterer is an infrequent event. So we went with Main Event whom we knew would treat our guests right. They kept us informed during the planning, always responding to emails. Price was comparable with less highly-rated companies. With Main Event, we were in good hands. We rate them very highly.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Mary Ann · Married on 10/12/2014

Main Event Catered wedding of my best friend Nadia at Rose Hill Manor in Leesburg, VA

Setting looked so elegant, room looked immaculate
    the food during both the post - ceremony cocktail hour as well as buffet was absolutely superb
    Everyone is still raving about the food.
    Main Event Staff who served us were All very polite and kind. Especially Launy, Jahn and Eddie were so helpful, capable and provided us an amazing service.

I would highly recommended Main Event Caterers to anyone !

Sent on 10/15/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2014

Main Event Catering did an absolute wonderful job for my wedding. They literally took care of everything, the food was amazing and the service was great!! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Julia · Married on 10/04/2014

We had the absolute greatest experience with Main Event Caterers and would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking at catering companies in the DC area for a wedding or any other event! Our event coordinator was Spencer McCormack and he was so incredibly organized, professional, creative and helpful! He was very experienced with our particular venue (The Meridian House) and had so many great ideas about staging and flow, and I am so happy we worked with him because everything on the day of was perfect! The caterering staff was very attentive and my husband and I even had our own waiter, Jack, who was responsible for making sure we got enough food and drink since we were running around trying to talk to everyone. All of our guests commented on how delicious the appetizers and dinner were, and the portions for dinner were quite large so everyone was happy and full! We had them provide our cake, which was beautiful and delicious, and we also did a dessert bar with mini pastries which our guests loved! We could not have been happier with our selection of Main Event, and we definitely will use them again in the future!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Heidi · Married on 10/04/2014

If you are having a wedding in the Washington DC or surrounding areas you can't go wrong with Main Event Caterers. I hired them for my Daughter's wedding and it was the best decision I made. The food was excellent. I had so many guests coming up to me and telling me how wonderful everything tasted. They really worked with me on the menu. We had passed appetizers and three choices of entrees. It was traditional choice of beef, chicken or fish. The beef were Medallions with a Béarnaise sauce, roasted chicken and Halibut with a lemon/honey gastrique. The fish was my daughter's favorite, but it was all delicious. The service was excellent and the staff were friendly and professional at all times. I had no worries that night. The tables looked beautiful. The table coverings were three dimensional roses. I didn't realize they were putting candles on the tables. With the flowers it looked so perfect. One of the best things they did, which was a surprise to me, they assigned a waiter to the Bride and Groom for the evening to see to their every wish. Their waiter even made the photographer give them a break so they could eat the appetizers. They went above and beyond. I hope this review helps. I know I couldn't be happier with our caterer.

Sent on 06/09/2015