Main Event Caterers Reviews

Main Event Caterers 5
Main Event Caterers 6
Main Event Caterers 7

Katey · Married on 05/22/2016

We would wholeheartedly recommend working with Main Event Caterers. Spencer and his colleagues were amazingly professional, and so easy to get along with. My husband and I are vegetarian and wanted a meat-free menu that would please everyone. Main Event delivered! The tasting was fabulous, and the day-of meal even more so. In spite of the rain and having to set up the ceremony and reception in the same area, Main Event took care of everything flawlessly. They also were extremely responsive to any changes we wanted to make to the menu, and to last minute requests. Thank you again!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Kirby · Married on 04/30/2016

Wonderful Experience!!!!

Spencer, Adeline and Chip were awesome at our tasting. They did a great job coming up with the perfect menu for us.

The guests RAVED about the food and service. They even managed to keep the bride and groom fed throughout the day (and made sure we always had a drink in hand :D).

Service was also out of this world wonderful. Food came out quickly, the butlers were responsive and polite. Chip - you are the best!

Look forward to going to an upcoming wedding with them as the caterer in a few months! :)

Sent on 05/15/2016

Phyllis · Married on 04/23/2016

Many thanks to the entire staff of Main Event Caterers! The service and food was outstanding! From the initial phone inquiry to the end of our wedding reception Main Event Caterers provided impeccable service. Our guests continue to rave about the passed hors d'oeuvres and entrees served. The crispy mac & cheese croquettes were a big hit! The wait staff was friendly and very attentive. Elyse McFadden, Liz Arline, and Corey are fabulous to work with. Every detail was attended to. I didn't have to think about a thing on our wedding day. To all looking for a caterer no matter the size of the event I highly recommend Main Event Caters and look forward to using them again.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Main Event really out did themselves for our wedding! The decor, food and service were beyond our wildest expectations. They even did a custom cake flavor from my hometown! We were also impressed with their ability to quickly flip the room from ceremony to reception. They are true professionals and we couldn't be happier! Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Nathalie · Married on 04/02/2016

I had a guest come up to me and say "I always hate wedding food, so I made sure to fill up on appetizers during cocktail hour... but when I tasted my dinner I could have kicked myself!"

The food was outstanding, throughout the entire evening - cocktail hour to dinner to dessert to late night snacks, I have zero complaints. In addition, they made everything so easy and so classy - the waiters were attentive but not in your face. The bartenders where calm but pour drinks quickly. All just A+

They were pricey, but well worth the cost

Sent on 04/19/2016

Main Event was so easy to work with from the beginning. Their whole staff especially Adeline was super helpful and responsive in the planning process. They worked very well with our venue to make every little thing flow completely flawlessly. The food was phenomenal! The cake too! The service was also very professional and they even had a serve make sure the Bride and Groom were completely taken care of the entire time.

Sent on 04/04/2016
  • Gretchen

Gretchen · Married on 01/23/2016

I got married in the middle of one of the worst winter storms to hit the DMV region in many, many, many years. I got married amidst feet of snow, raging winds, and freezing temps, and -- thanks in HUGE part to the efforts of Main Event Caterers -- we still got hitched without a hitch!

When news of just how bad the storm started to circulate, I was already dealing with vendors freaking out, stressing me out, and ultimately canceling on me. So when I got a call from Adeline with Main Event, I was expecting the worst. Instead, I got the most awesomely reassuring call I could have received: "We'll be there no matter what," she said. "Don't worry about us."

And true to their word, Main Event not only showed up, they ROCKED my wedding. I was expecting maybe half of the staff to be there, for things to be a little bit slow, run a little behind, but no. Despite the insane storm, the ridiculous amounts of snow, the horrific conditions, Main Event had a FULL staff, set up the reception BEAUTIFULLY, the food was DELICIOUS, and the service was IMPECCABLE. They were incredible, and I seriously cannot express my gratitude enough.

I came to find out that they prepped for the impending storm by delivering all of their equipment and all the rentals the day before, had the food supplies on-site in a refrigerated truck, and even put up some of their key staff members in hotels next door just to be sure that they'd be there! All of this happened, by the way, without me hearing a peep about it. Talk about true professionalism. Tim Gunn would be so proud at how Main Event simply MADE IT WORK.

I sincerely cannot recommend Main Event Caterers enough. I wish I could give them TEN stars! If you're looking for a caterer that not only serves great food, has a truly thoughtful, considerate, professional staff, AND that you can fully rely on (in a crisis!), look no further.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Kristina · Married on 11/21/2015

We just used Main Event for our wedding a couple weeks ago. They were on a short list of recommended caterers for the venue and we were beyond satisfied with their service and food! Throughout the process their communication was thorough and timely. We were initially drawn to their sample 'autumn vegetarian' menu and we used that as a springboard for our fall wedding menu but added a meat option. The staff was so great during the wedding. The bar looked amazing, the buffet dinner went off with out a hitch, and we are getting so many comments about the food. The team was easy to work with and we loved being able to bring in our own custom desert (pies!) and they executed a really fun signature cocktail for our event based on a recipe we provided. The staff also kept time for the event which was cruicial for us getting through the different activities, toasts, etc..We didn't have to worry about a thing. It was magical. Thanks to our event designer, Liz, and the whole staff team!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Rachel · Married on 11/08/2015

Everything was fabulous! Michelle and Liz were wonderful to work with. They helped come up with a great menu within our budget, answered all of our many questions quickly and thoroughly, and were thoughtful about the many details. The food was fantastic and we are still getting compliments on the meal. The staff on the day of the wedding was friendly and professional. One of them even brought us appetizers after the photographs since we were missing the cocktail hour. It was such a pleasure to know that everything was in good hands and that we didn't have to worry about anything. We would definitely work with them again and highly recommend MEC.

Sent on 12/05/2015

Amazing team and wonderful food! For our wedding we worked with Spencer, Adeline, and Meg who all did a great job from start to finish. Main Event drafted three different family style menus to assist in selecting our wedding menu with different price points, which helped greatly determine what items we would serve at the reception. Even our tasting with Main Event was a great experience. (Sometimes I wish they had restaurant. I could eat the Piquant African Peppers, Velvety Cream of Tomato Soup, and Pumpkin + Sage Ravioli Gigante once a week). :)

Many of our guests said it was one of the best wedding meals they had including the exceptional service. I will add once the ceremony was over and my husband and I stayed to take a family photos, Main Event Staff brought us trays of appetizers and glasses of champagne. I wasn't expecting this level of service, but honestly it was one of the few times the Groom and I had a chance to eat and it was great surprise.

Our Butler for the evening and Manager (Chip) were also wonderful! Unfortunately, I don't remember the Butler's name but he always made sure my husband and I had a fresh drink or anything else we needed. Both Chip and the Butler went above and beyond their roles and responsibilities at our wedding.

I highly recommend Main Event for any events! From working with Spencer, Adeline, and Meg to the on-site team, Main Event provided exceptional service and quality to make our wedding reception memorable!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Michelle and her team at Main Events Catering are absolutely incredible! When my husband and I were searching for a caterer, we worried that we would never find someone that could pull off what we wanted. Michelle knocked it it out of the park! Every one of our guests absolutely LOVED the food, which is no small feat given their wide variety of tastes and dietary restrictions. Many people came up to my husband and I during the reception to tell us how everything was delicious, and we saw many more return to the stations for seconds (and thirds!).

While we loved how everything turned out, my husband and I also absolutely loved working with Michelle throughout the process. Right from the start, Michelle made and effort to get to know me and my husband, and she designed a menu with foods representing different parts of our relationship. It was wonderful to not only be able to share delicious food with our family and friends, but a part of our story as well. Michelle's staff was professional, polite, and attentive and did an excellent job of making sure we had everything we needed on our day.

We wholeheartedly recommend Michelle and her team at Main Events!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Main Event was amazing. Taylor was great to work with, answering our many questions. They tailored our menu exactly to how wanted it, right up until the very last minute. They were familiar with our venue, and we didn't have a single stress or worry with their services. Their staff was wonderful-they let my husband direct them exactly how he wanted to Old-Fashioned recipe, and they never pressured us in any way with any decision. Our guests (over 15 of them to be exact) complimented us on how delicious our food was after the event (sweet-potatoe gnocchi-do it), and even my aunt who is a professional manager of high end national chain catering company, said they did an excellent job. The catering contract is a huge investment and decision in planning your wedding-we were very happy with our decision and didn't have a single criticism or regret.

Sent on 04/17/2016

Daniel · Married on 10/17/2015

From the first second to the end of the wedding plus follow up after the wedding, Main Event Caterers was amazing. We got the all-inclusive package at the Top of the Town in Arlington, Virginia and were happily "stuck" with Main Event Caterers. How good were they? Four of our guests who have many private parties at their houses and for work requested that we send them our contact at Main Event Caterers that we happily provided to them. The food, waiters, waitresses and bartenders were amazing. The tastings were fun/beautiful and exciting at the same time. We are most appreciative of the hard work they performed for us!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/16/2015

First, let me say that Spencer at A Main Event Catering is fabulous. He put together a menu that incorporated my wedding theme to a tee and fit my budget. My party arrived 1 hour late for my scheduled tasting due to traffic, but Spencer was completely gracious and gave us a wonderful food experience. We talked and laughed so much that I think the kitchen staff had to prompt us to wrap things up! While we loved Spencer and his offerings, we ultimately chose another vendor based on an offer from a family friend. That said, I would absolutely recommend Spencer and his team at A Main Event. Do not pass this one over!

Sent on 02/12/2015

Megan · Married on 10/16/2015

Main Events was AWESOME! Their food was delicious and the staff was very friendly. The butler that took care of the bride and groom was very attentive and had a great disposition.

Sent on 11/01/2015

kristen · Married on 10/11/2015

Our experience with Main Event was top-notch. We decided to use Main Event for our wedding catering after receiving very prompt and professional responses to our emails - and a delicious sounding menu! We went to our tasting and fell in love. We had family style dining and our guests were raving about the food - the short ribs are especially delicious! We felt very taken care of throughout the night, the service was excellent and everything ran so smoothly. We cannot recommend Main Event enough!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Main Events provided the catering for my daughter and son-in-laws wedding. From start to finish they were professional and responsive. They were also willing to work within our budget. We chose to have the food served family style allowing for the intimacy of a family dinner for 100. The food was delicious and many of our guests commented "it was the best food they had at a wedding". Food at a wedding is very often an after thought but Main Event takes great care in providing food that is important to the couple and is good.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Jade · Married on 10/11/2015

Loved working with them. Felt like a valued customer the entire process.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Caroline · Married on 10/03/2015

Main Events catered our 200 person wedding back in October and we are still hearing how much our guests enjoyed the food and the professional service. We initially reached out to Main Events about a year before our wedding, and they were very responsive, transparent, and easy to work with throughout the entire process. For example, not only was the food at the tasting superb, but Taylor Rose--the event designer we were lucky enough to work with--turned the table design we had discussed in theoretical terms into reality for the tasting. Something else that we really appreciated, particularly when it came down to selecting which caterer we would be contracting for our wedding, was Taylor Rose's attention to detail and willingness to provide us with an itemized budget, which allowed us to prioritize where we spent our money. The other company that we were considering provided us with very vague estimates and refused to provide itemized budgets. In the days leading up to the wedding, Taylor Rose was also really helpful with finding us a lighting company that pulled together our very specific lighting idea (eddison bulbs over the dance floor). Every person we spoke with had great things to say about the food, which indicates to us that service was very consistent. Additionally, Main Events was very good about quickly turning over the space (ceremony area to dinner service, cocktail reception to dance floor) and working well with our other vendors. We cannot say enough positive things about Main Events or Taylor Rose!

Sent on 11/28/2015

Main Event was fantastic and I would recommend them to any bride and groom getting married in the DC area. We had thunderstorms predicted for our wedding at the DAR and Daniela worked diligently to come up with a backup plan that satisfied us, despite a tight indoor space. And at the last minute, they pulled off an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. Amazing. The food was delicious - the fried chicken and short ribs were devoured by our guests, along with everything else. As the bride I had two staff catering to my every need all night long and so did my groom. Anything we needed, they were right there! The flexibility and professionalism of the entire team was above and beyond our expectations.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Hannah · Married on 08/29/2015

Main Event (and specifically Spencer and Adeline) is top notch. From the very beginning, my husband and I were impressed with Main Event: I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a couple years ago and was hoping to do a completely gluten free meal for our wedding. Not only did Main Event provide us with a proposal that was completely gluten free (and delicious sounding), but they kept their proposal within our price range, and designed the menu based on my husband's and my favorite foods, making it more personal. When we arrived at Main Event for our tasting, we were greeted by a fully tuxedo-ed server with champagne, and then met Spencer, who was charismatic, knowledgeable, and personable. The food was fantastic, and we left not knowing exactly what dishes we liked best. After we signed the contract, Adeline was assigned to continue helping us plan until the day of when Spencer would take over and manage the day-of events. Adeline (and the entire team at Main Event we communicated with), was SO WONDERFUL!! I probably wrote her about a million emails, and she was always timely and friendly in her responses. I was so grateful to have her help throughout the whole process. I can't say enough good things about her. And during our walk through and the day of the wedding, Spencer ran things like CLOCKWORK. The food was fabulous and the service was fantastic (my husband and I even had a woman--I think her name was Theresa--who was assigned to only us all night and she was just terrific). I just cannot say enough good things about them. Thank you, Main Event for helping make our amazing day even more special!! :)

Sent on 10/04/2015

Crystal · Married on 08/22/2015

Can't imagine anything less than a 5-star review for Main Event. All of the staff we talked to, both before the event and at the event, were very professional, friendly, and responsive. During the day of the wedding, they went above and beyond in working seamlessly with the venue space and the other venues. As the bride and groom we didn't have to worry about anything day-of, and were really impressed by the staff taking great care of all of the guests as well as making sure we were fed :)

Main Event has lots of experience working in the area, came recommended by our venue, and were a perfect vendor for our wedding (even though we had to plan it from afar)! Incredible range of dinner options, and our favorite dishes were the beef shortrib and the vegetarian lasagnettes - but each dish we chose from Main Event was delicious and perfectly presented.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Meghan · Married on 08/15/2015

Working with Main Event was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding! Every moment, from the initial tasting to the wedding day, I was completely confident in Main Event. Spencer and Jackie were WONDERFUL! They made this experience fun for me and were able to provide suggestions in a non-pushy manner. I would email or call with questions on a weekly basis and Main Event was always professional and prompt in their response. The food at Main Event is amazing, your guests will be talking about this food for months after your wedding! You cannot go wrong with this caterer!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Relita · Married on 08/09/2015

Michelle and her team were incredible and we can't be happier with the services they provided for us on our wedding day. Not only did they provide absolutely delicious food, they also provided excellent service, extreme professionalism, in-depth knowledge of our venue (the National Museum for Women in the arts) and other add-on services that were beyond the scope of our original contract.

Michelle and her team truly made our wedding day truly so special, our tables looked amazing but even better the food and appetizers were DELICIOUS! I got married on August 9th and we still have people talking about our food...! It was great working with Michelle and can't wait to hire her and her team again for another event : )

Sent on 09/15/2015

Sara · Married on 08/01/2015

Highly recommend Main Event! We were very particular about our wedding catering and they did an excellent job with delicious food that all the guests loved, beautiful place settings, great service for us and our guests, and worked within our budget. Recommend working with Darcy and/or Taylor. Thank you both!

Sent on 09/13/2015