Magnificent Cakes Reviews

Magnificent Cakes 1
Magnificent Cakes 2
Magnificent Cakes 3

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2013

Hilde made our brides and grooms cake. They were both absolutely PERFECT!! She has reasonable prices and does the most beautiful work. I would recommend her to everyone who is getting married. She is so easy to work with and does such an amazing job!!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2013

Magnificent cakes provided cupcakes and our wedding cake. They tasted way more expensive than they were (which is always nice)

She is easy to work with and we had 0 issues with this vendor. Loved the cake and loved the service. Give her a call!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Roxanne · Married on 03/30/2013

I had the most basic idea for what I wanted as our wedding cake. Magnificent Cakes took what I had mentioned and made the most amazing wedding cake! The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious!! I couldn't have pictured a better cake our wedding!!

Sent on 04/25/2013

Linda · Married on 12/29/2012

How many wedding have you attended and the cake was dull? Not ours! Hilde created a delicious spice cake with cream cheese icing that was beautiful and met the expectations of the Bride and Groom - two real foodies!

The guests raved and raved about the truly magnificent cake that we served. Hilde will create a masterpiece for your wedding and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Monika · Married on 09/15/2012

Our cakes was very good. Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Katie · Married on 08/17/2012

Amazing cake, amazing design! If I had to do it all over again, I would choose the same baker and same design. Hilde is awesome!

Sent on 11/19/2013

LaToya · Married on 06/02/2012

Wonderful, wonderful, service!! Hilde is a dream to work with! The cakes are very beautiful and they melt in your mouth!! She has done work for my family on other occassions and my wedding cake was just perfect!! I would recommend this company any day or time!!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Gretchen · Married on 03/10/2012

Best wedding cakes ever. The cake was awesome - everyone who came to the wedding has commented on how good the cake was.

Sent on 03/18/2012

H · Married on 03/10/2012

Everything about my experience with Hilde at Magnificent Cakes was phenomenal! She was easy to get in touch with, happy to promptly make any changes I requested, and was very up-front and honest about everything. And the cakes? MAGNIFICENT! Each and every one of the TEN cake samples we tasted blew every other cake I've ever had out of the water!! And I had been to nearly a dozen tastings! Her cakes are just as beautiful as any other high-end bakery. But her prices were far, far lower than any other place (even the grocery store!). We had a three-layer cake, each one a different flavor. My favorites were the strawberry cake w/ strawberry filling and the lemon cake with raspberry filling. The groom's cake was made to look like a traffic cone (husband's into Autocross racing) - it looked awesome! I think we wound up going with the peanut butter cake and fudge icing for his. YUMMMMM!

Sent on 05/25/2012

Kimberly · Married on 11/19/2011

Our cakes looked and tasted amazing! They were truly magnificent! Hilde has an at home business, which I think helps keep her overhead low and the savings are passed along to you. These very reasonable cakes are delish and truly works of art! She will deliver, set up, etc. I cannot stress enough--that I loved our cakes!
    I had a combo flavored cake--half almond and half lemon/raspberry! Divine! Almond is one of my faves!
    Our groom's cake was German chocolate---it was so yummy!
    Thanks Hilde! Bama brides check her out--you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/26/2011

Erin · Married on 10/29/2011

Hilde did exactly what I wanted which was not the norm and based on a picture I gave her. Both our cakes were beautiful and delicious, delivered promptly. She is a professional who handles everything and wonderful to work with

Sent on 12/04/2011

Janay · Married on 05/21/2011

Our cakes were exactly what we wanted and they were delicious!!! I would recommend Hilde to anyone!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Sonequa · Married on 04/09/2011

Words cannot express the professionalism, promptness, and delicious cakes Hilde puts in her Cakes! I can say with NO hesitation Hilde made our day so much more special the price does not compare to the work she gives . I definitely will use Hilde again in the future. I can still taste our cake and attempting the wait til next year to pull it out of our deep freezer. If you trust Hilde with your day I GUARANTEE you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/30/2011

Tiffany · Married on 03/13/2010

We loved our wedding cakes she made for us. My husbands groom cake was his 1956 Studebaker car that we actually left the reception in. She told us that she had never made a car like that, but you couldnt tell. It was perfect and so very detailed. People were so impressed. And I just loved my cake it looked exactly the way I pictured it and they tasted fantastic! Several people that attended have used her since and we plan on using her in the future. She was also the least inexpensive place we quoted. You can't beat that!

Sent on 07/23/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/19/2009

Our cakes were absolutely wonderful! Hilde did an excellent job, and I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/05/2009

Britney · Married on 10/25/2008

Hilde listened to exactly what I wanted in my cake and gave me exactly that. She was on time and everything was more perfect than I ever could have expected!

Sent on 11/17/2008
  • Z

Zara · Married on 08/22/2008

These were the most delicious cakes! Hilde was so great about doing exactly what i wanted, even though i was so picky and indecisive about my grooms cake. She came up with the most creative fabulous cake, and everyone talks about it still!

Sent on 10/15/2008

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2008

Hilde at Magnificent Cakes did an amazing job on both of our cakes. I wanted something very different and she was open to all of my ideas. My husband had a golf bag shaped cake and it turned out amazing! We had so many compliments on it! Her prices were better than anywhere else I looked. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/11/2008

Dana · Married on 09/09/2006

Our wedding cake was exactly what we wanted. It was gorgeous, and she worked from a photo of a cake I found online. I changed a few details, and that is what I got. The cake tasted wonderful as well. It even tasted great on our one year wedding anniversary!
    We later ordered a jukebox cake for my mother that we had only given her the theme of the party to, and it was fun and tasty too!

Sent on 02/18/2010

Kathryn · Married on 04/30/2017

Even though Magnificent Cakes was a preferred vendor for our venue, we wanted to make sure we did our research and looked into other wedding cake options since the wedding cake selection was important to both of us. If you even remotely consider yourself a "foodie," read this review. Hilde was not only completely professional in all her communications with us but definitely made us feel at ease by giving us more than enough samples to choose from before making our decision. We fell in love once we tasted the samples. Her cakes are so fresh and flavorful. Our wedding cake was one of my favorite decisions! We chose the almond cake with lemon raspberry filling for our top and bottom layers and strawberry/strawberry for the middle. We had both been to quite a few weddings with "bad" wedding cakes and wanted to make sure our cake had a little extra something. Hilde was able to design our cake exactly like I envisioned with just a photo I sent her and a few extra details. We were so pleased with the results and had so many comments afterwards. We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Hilde was so easy to work with and did an incredible job. She was very flexible in helping me design my cake by combining several ideas from Pinterest and it was GORGEOUS. We only met with one other bakery but the value here was much better. Very affordable and, most importantly, delicious!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Crissie · Married on 11/02/2013

Hilde at Magnificent Cakes was wonderful to work with. From our initial consultation (where she sent me home with an extra plate of sample for my fiance who was out of town) to perfect on-time delivery, we couldn't have been happier. Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was delicious. We got tons of compliments on how delicious our wedding cake was. When we got back from our honeymoon, we enjoyed a slice out of the freezer, and it was still delicious. The almond cake is especially delicious!

Sent on 11/24/2013

I wish I could give ten stars for value. My fiancé and I traveled all over from Huntsville to Birmingham looking for a cake. What we found was a whole lot of overpriced, underwhelming options. We spent an entire day trying bakers in Birmingham and were so discouraged, thinking we were going to have to serve a small, mediocre cake and still spend over $1000 on it. Magnificent Cakes was our last stop of the day. When we got to the address, my fiancé wanted to leave. It was located in a somewhat run down residential area. But we were there and I couldn't just not show up. I'm so glad we didn't leave! Hilde had an array of flavors to chose from and had selected about six for us to try. Despite having eaten cake all day and being pretty sick of it, we couldn't stop eating her cake. Delicious! She had several books of cake designs and we immediately found one we both agreed on (shocker!). We ended up with a gorgeous five tier cake that was delicious and stunning for way less than everywhere else we'd checked. We love Hilde!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Brooke · Married on 06/04/2011

One of the earlier reviews is exactly right - Words cannot express the professionalism, promptness, and delicious cakes Hilde puts in her Cakes! The price for the cakes was at least 20% less than that of the other cake vendors in the area. The cakes were very classy and we had so many of the guests asking where we got the cakes. We will definitely will use Hilde again in the future.
    As other reviews say, trust Magnificent Cakes, and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Mia · Married on 12/23/2006

Beautiful cakes, great value!

Sent on 06/27/2008