Magic Occasions Catering Reviews

Magic Occasions Catering 5
Magic Occasions Catering 6
Magic Occasions Catering 7

Brianna · Married on 09/15/2014

I am so glad that I chose Magic Occasions Catering for my wedding! The food, the staff, the presentation, & the cake were all amazing. My guests loved everything & so did my husband & I!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Laura · Married on 07/29/2013

I would recommend this company to any future brides. I found this company after searching for caterers in the Orlando area and having read the reviews decided to go with them and I'm so glad I did. I was coming over from the UK so was apprehensive but I should not have worried. I arrived at the villa to find they had decorated the villa for me and the food was all ready. The wedding cake was beautifully decorated and could not have wished for something better. The food was also delicious and the guests also loved it. Angela and her colleague were wonderful and courteous and professional. I am so glad I went for Magic Occasions.

Sent on 08/10/2013

S & P · Married on 12/13/2012

Angie and her team were a joy to work with. We loved working with them and are really pleased with their service.

Sent on 12/26/2012

Carrie · Married on 07/20/2012

We used this caterer for my daughters wedding and I was very happy with how it turned out. I had so many guests tell me how great they thought the food was. I had the pork and it was really really good. Angie included a cake and I gave her a picture to copy and it was spot on, really way better than I imagined it would be. Also the cake was fantastic. Angie was hard to get ahold of after I signed the contract but kicked into gear a few weeks before the wedding and was great and flexible with us. Overall I was very happy we went with this caterer.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Andy · Married on 04/07/2018

The catering at a wedding is paramount- it was flawless at our wedding. Andy & Missie

Sent on 04/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

3.5

Absolutely delicious food. Very professional. Just a little slow with response time.

Sent on 10/31/2017

3.5

Everything panned out well in the end. Getting to the end was a little rocky due to communication issues. Overall we are VERY pleased with the outcome and would recommend Magic Occasions to future customers.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Ashley · Married on 03/01/2014

3.5

Angie and her team went above and beyond to make our wedding day special! The cake, food and staff was all amazing! Not only did she do a big tasting for us...when we weren't sure on the last did, she offered to do a SECOND tasting. No charge!

I received so many compliments on everything - especially the service! They were dressed professionally and really did everything we asked for them and more. Angie even sat with me to help give me ideas of planning my big day!

Thank you guys for being part of our special day! I wouldn't do it differently! Thank you! Xo!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Definitely got my money's worth here. They had a great package for cake, bar and catering that saved us hundreds!! The food was amazing and delicious and so was the cake! They were very professional people to work with. :)

Sent on 11/23/2012

Laura · Married on 03/16/2019

Excellent service

Magic Occasions provides excellent catering for a reasonable price. The food at our wedding was delicious and the service they provided was excellent. Some of our favorites were the cocktail sausages, chicken Parmesan, scalloped potatoes and baked ziti. We chose to have a beer and wine bar. I love wine and they let me choose the labels I wanted at the wedding. They also sent a bottle of wine and some of the beer home with us to enjoy! I would definitely recommend this caterer.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Amanda · Married on 12/20/2018

Best decision!

When we were looking for catering, the prices were, well, really high, and Magic Occasions was significantly lower per person and overall. I wen there for tasting and thought the food was really good. Angie was super responsive and you could tell their company were in the industry for a long time. I was always pleased with our interactions. Really kind people!!
    I was told by my venue that some catering companies submit the floor plans on behalf of the bride but I decided to do my own, that way I got the floor layout I imagined.
    Anyways, I would really recommend them. Great food and great people! :)

Sent on 05/24/2019

Susannah N. · Married on 10/26/2018

The Noffke's

Angie was fantastic. They offered everything and more what we needed. Would recommend.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

3.5

We were so pleased with Magic Occassions. Angie was wonderful with the planning process and Joanne and her staff were such a huge reason our wedding day went so smooth. They went above and beyond and truly helped run the show. We had so many compliments about the food and how friendly the staff was. I would definitely recommend them and plan to use them in the future.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/24/2014

3.0

Amazing service, food & attentiveness at our reception. We had a backyard wedding and this staff was so accommodating to our needs and our house. Cake was BEAUTIFUL and delicious. Clean up was awesome. Bartender was great and funny! Overall very happy with our service. Tough to get in touch at times during the planning, but they've been growing their catering business and it's understandable for wedding season. I'm very happy with their service!

Sent on 10/27/2014

sara · Married on 10/11/2014

3.0

Magic Occasions Catering did a fabulous job with everything for our wedding reception from the meals; services; clean up; cake EVERYTHING! guests loved the food and asked for her card during the reception - Angie was honest with us in regards to pricing and what was do-able with our location. We did a home wedding reception and she made the night move flawlessly. and the cake....was gorgeous and tasted great! Could not suggest them enough - only thing was as they are so busy sometimes it took a few days for a response but all in all that was the only thing that was not a 5/5 rating! Would use Magic Occasions again for sure!

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • Steph & Kev

Stephanie & Kevin · Married on 08/05/2013

3.0

Magic Occasion created a wonderful cake for my special day! Angie was very nice and professional. Everyone at the wedding went on and on about how good the cake was. At the end of the night, my guests were practically fighting over who got to take some home..lol I had a simple and unique cake and Angie worked with me to create exactly what I wanted. The cake arrived at the venue on time and in perfect condition. Also, the price of her cakes is really a great value. One of the lowest prices around without lowering my standards. My only complaint is getting in touch with her. Sometimes I would have to email her several times about one thing in order to get a response back. Other than that, I was totally happy with Magic Occasions. Thank you Angie!

Sent on 08/20/2013

José · Married on 10/23/2011

3.5

The best vegan cake I have ever tasted, it was seriously amazing!! It also looked just as we wanted, beautiful!! The food was also great, perfectly seasoned, our guests really enjoyed the non meat options. Thank you very much, Joann!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Alyssa · Married on 04/16/2016

3.0

Angie and her staff provided catering, bar, and wedding cake services for our wedding. We were extremely happy with Magic Occasions, from our initial contact with Angie and her willingness to work with our budget to the quality of the food and services on the actual day. We had many compliments on the food and cake as well. Great company, highly recommend Magic Occasions!

Sent on 05/05/2016

saila · Married on 11/28/2015

They are very nice people. Cake taste awesome.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Jami · Married on 06/18/2015

3.0

Angie with Magic Occasions was great. The prices are extremely reasonable and there is a lot of variety to choose from. Her staff at the reception was awesome and extremely professional. She also did my wedding cake & cupcakes and they were DELICIOUS. Everyone was raving about how great they were.

She always responded to my emails, however, it did normally take a few days to hear back. Normally I wouldn't consider this a long amount of time, but all of my other vendors would respond within the day.
    Other than that, she was amazing. I would definitely recommend this company if you are looking for a reasonably priced caterer with a decent selection of food options.

Sent on 07/04/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/23/2014

3.5

Magic Occasions was overall a great catering company to have at my wedding. Angie and Jo Anne were great people to work with and very flexible with any changes or questions I had throughout the planning process. It sometimes took a few days to hear back and I sometimes had to follow up to hear back but when I did get a response it was always very thorough and detailed. The tasting went really well and they even did lasagna for us even though that wasn't even one of their options but my husband loves lasagna so it was important to us. On the day of the wedding we had meatballs, mini egg rolls, and mini pigs in a blanket at cocktail hour. The meatballs were soooo yummy, the egg rolls unfortunately were a little soggy and same for the puff pastry on the outside of the hot dog. The buffet dinner was very good and the chicken was very moist and the lasagna was very good! My cake was made by my sister but we had Magic Occasions cut and serve it. This is the reason I gave them 3.5 out of 5 for Quality of service. My husband and I cut the cake but then 30mins went by and no cake was out yet for our guests to have any, I had to talk to one of the servers to ask them to cut it. Also once they did cut it, instead of putting it on the guests tables they put it in the back of the venue were the buffet was where no one could see it and when I have talked to my guest after the wedding almost half of them didn't even eat any cake because they didn't know it had been served, my husband and I didn't even get any. My sister spent a lot of her time making the cakes so it upset me that most of my guests didn't get to try it. We also had our bartender service through Magic Occasions. Paul was seriously the best bartender. My guests loved him and he was super accommodating and made great drinks! Overall I would recommend Magic Occasions but there were some things that could be improved.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Brettany · Married on 06/16/2012

3.0

I chose Magic Occasions to do the cakes for my wedding. The only complaint I really have is their responsiveness. It was easier for me to email them because I was out of state, in school, and working. However, I didn't quite get the timely responses I would have liked. It would also take more time to return a call than it probably should have but I do understand that they are very busy doing catering, cakes, and running a restaurant. Anyway, Angie did meet with my fiance and me for a cake tasting and we loved ALL the flavors and fillings so it was hard to decide... So we chose three different flavors for each tier and she was happy to oblige! She also helped me decide on a groom's cake and flavor secretly so that it would be a surprise to my husband. She did a fondant X-Box and controller which was so cool! My husband and guests loved it! Also, my wedding cake was beautiful and so tasty! We had one layer chocolate, one yellow strawberry, and one pina colada- something for everyone. The prices for these cakes were so reasonable especially for the quality of the cakes and delivery. Everyone was happy with the product! I would have loved to have them cater too but my wedding venue required that we have their catering.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Rae · Married on 10/10/2009

3.5

I loved my cake, it was exceptional, and the prices for the catering were quite reasonable. I surely got what I had paid for. :)

Sent on 11/23/2009

Bill · Married on 01/25/2009

We looked at five different wedding cake makers and this was the right choice! Both affordable and amazing! The cake was delicious and looked outstanding. I would recommend this service any day. In fact, we recently recommended Magic Occasions to a friend of ours. Magic Occasions truly did make it a magic occasion.

Sent on 04/17/2009

Jenna · Married on 04/29/2017

4.2

Magic Occasions Catering was a pleasure to work with. The food was good, service was great, and they were very accommodating. We also loved our cake and cupcakes, so tasty. The only weird thing was that our food for our buffet was not served in chafing dishes, but in aluminum baking pans. Which looked a bit odd. Other than that, it was great. They helped with our bar services as well! I would definitely recommend Magic Occasions!

Sent on 05/03/2017