41 Reviews for Maggies Buns

Lactose Free (1)
Nut Free (1)
Vegan (1)
41 Maggies Buns Reviews

Choosing Maggie's Buns as our caterer was by far the best decision we made when planning our wedding. She went above and beyond to help us plan the whole event, not just the food. She got us a discount for rentals, helped us decide the table layouts and settings and even lent us the majority of our decorations. She is incredibly busy, yet she still manages to make couples feel so special and by the time the wedding is over, she is a dear friend.

Profile Picture Amber, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Server(s)

Maggie was one of the best parts of my wedding. Easy to work with, very accommodating and the food was absolutely amazing. She truly when above and beyond by providing a certified bartender, assisting in set up and breakdown of my venue.
I will use Maggie for all my catering needs

Profile Picture Shella, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

In the past I have been to events that Maggies Buns had catered and I was always impressed. Because of this, we were very excited when she said she was available to cater our wedding celebration. Maggie was fun to work with but always professional. She listened to our requests and made great suggestions. On the day of the event, Maggies Buns was on time, organized, the team worked perfect together and they were pleasant to all. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. Once the food part of the evening was done, Maggies Buns cleaned everything up and even hand mopped the floor. All leftovers were packaged and in the refrigerator. I had high expectations from Maggies Buns and they lived up to them. Our evening was perfect and they are part of the reason it was perfect!

Profile Picture April, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Maggie and staff catered my wedding in August this year. I can not recommend them enough. Not only is it affordable, but her dishes are out of this world amazing. Maggie is perhaps the most charismatic, kind, generous, open hearted person you’ll find in this world and especially among the vendors you book for your event/wedding. She constantly answered my questions, reassured me about my wedding decisions (everything! Not just the food!). and was there every step of the way being so accommodating about our last minute changes and strange food requests. She goes above and beyond in every way, I couldn’t even believe how gorgeous the presentation was, and at a price that beats anything you’ll find for the quality. She went beyond my highest expectations, took my ideas, and ran with them. She even created the cutest sampler for us complete with heart shaped cheese at our sweetheart table, because she knew we would be starving after the ceremony. She really does think of everything. And I think that’s really the best you can ask for. I am still getting compliments about the food even three months later. :)

Profile Picture Tiana, 8/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Maggie was absolutely FANTASTIC all the way around. The food was delicious and beautiful - everyone loved it. She helped us carefully plan above and beyond the call of duty, and decorated the tables beautifully to match our theme. I can't say enough about how wonderful everything turned out. We purchased cupcakes instead of a large cake, and she even offered to bake a special bride & groom cake for us - it was the best cake I've ever tasted! Lots of love for Maggie.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Local, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery

We were so fortunate to find Maggie to be our caterer. She was easy to work with, very flexible, and accommodating. The menu my daughter wanted for her wedding was very specific and Maggie delivered every request. The food was wonderful and the presentation perfect!! She worked tirelessly to make sure that everything was perfect for my daughter's wedding day. She even helped cut and serve the wedding cake. We love to stop in for breakfast or lunch at Maggie's Buns anytime we can.

Profile Picture Tracy, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Maggie for our daughter's wedding. The food was wonderful and displayed beautifully: and because our daughter chose a small wedding cake, we added some of Maggie's delicious sweets for the dessert table, pleasing everyone! Maggie, herself, was also one of the servers during the evening and was available to help me decide when things should happen, such as cutting the cake (we did not use a wedding planner, so her expertise was invaluable for our event). She also helped us with the linens and serving ware, which was a big cost saver. We received many compliments on the evening and are now looking forward to having Maggie cater the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding this next year.

Profile Picture User7495775, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Maggie is so easy to work with. She wants to make the wedding day just what the bride and groom want, and she is willing to go above and beyond to make this happen. First of all, the food is the best! Fresh, creative and very good. Had many people say its the best wedding food they have ever had. Her staff is hard working, friendly and willing to help out even when it's not their responsibility. Maggie did so many extras for the wedding, and even left us with cinnamon rolls for the morning after the wedding. We do not have one negative thing to say about our experience working with her, or the food. It was all a huge success! We WILL hire her again for future events!!

Profile Picture User7451286, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I had a large wedding with over 200 guests and everyone of them raved about the food at my wedding! Not only was the food delicious (her dinner rolls, macaroni and cheese, and meatballs especially to die for and a must!) it had a wide variety of options and was also beautifully presented, as she matched my wedding colors with her serving dishware. Maggie took time to sit down with me multiple times to go over my menu and provided me some wonderful tips and advice (she has been catering for a long, long time). I am so glad I booked Maggie's Buns as she was punctual, responsive, professional, and genuinely cared about making everything perfect, she exceeded my expectations and I am really hard to please :)

Profile Picture brittany , 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, American, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Southern

We had Maggie cater our wedding at Sain Creek Pavilion at Hagg Lake in June. Maggie was great to work with, flexible, friendly and had great suggestions for dishes to please all our guests, vegetarians included. She was on hand herself the day of, which was such a comfort to me since I knew she took pride in a job well done. All of my guests said the food was delicious and some even went to her diner the next day for breakfast! Even six months later, my guests are still talking about the food. Wonderful value, food and experience. I would recommend her to anyone hosting an event. Thank you Maggie for helping make my wedding perfect!

Profile Picture Wendy, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

If you're looking for excellent food and plenty of options, Maggie is your gal. She has such a personal touch, and is extremely reasonable and flexible. We had our wedding at a private residence, and she adapted brilliantly to the space. Her crew were fantastic, and worked well with the other vendors in coordinating before and day of. Hands down - wouldn't have picked any other caterer!

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Vegetarian, Local

They were so helpful and the food looked magical and was delicious. Maggie is so easy to work with and helped create a perfect menu.

Profile Picture Christina, 4/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can't say enough good things about Maggie's Buns catering...simpling amazing! As far as food, it was THE BEST food I have ever had at a wedding and I'm just lucky that it was my own wedding. They always say the bride and groom don't have time to eat much but we made sure to take time to eat and chowed down. We got a lot of compliments on the food. Food is not the only important part of catering though, the service means a lot. Maggie was great to work with from my first email to her to the day-of. She went above and beyond on specializing and personalizing our menu based on our personal taste. She is involved and asks a lot of questions about the wedding in general and makes sure to use that information to make sure things go smoothly. Maggie had to improvise at our venue...she literally had to set up in a gravel parking lot under a tent with no access to power. Yet the food tasted like it was hot out of the oven and so fresh. I couldn't be happier! Thank goodness for great people like Maggie...the love and dedication she puts into her work shows and it made our day that much more special. What a gem .

Profile Picture User5105947, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Maggie was an absolute delight to work with for our August 2015 wedding. The moment we met her and devoured the incredible tasting menu she provided during our interview, we knew we'd met our caterer - no question. She exudes experience and confidence and has clearly been managing events of all sizes for many years - she continually mentioned logistical things we hadn't even considered - in a way she was also a planner for our wedding! And the food - everyone at home was fighting over our leftovers from the tasting menu. At the wedding, guests who usually keep to themselves went out of their way to rave about the meal on their way for seconds and thirds. I cannot recommend her enough - you will not go wrong with Maggie on your team!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/23/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Local

I am still on a wedding high from how well everything came together for our daughter's wedding. A great deal of the success was due to Maggie and her amazing staff at Maggie's Buns. I knew I had made the right choice the moment I talked to her. She was friendly, down to earth, and was kind enough to offer advice, suggestions and encouragement, that I very much appreciated. I felt confident in our choice right from the beginning. Her menu suggestions were exactly what we were looking for and the follow up on our event through phone calls and e-mails let me know that she had everything well in hand. The day of...what can I say? Perfection! The set up was quick and efficient and the way the food was displayed was just over the top, such attention to detail, her added touches made it a beautiful and bountiful arrangement. Our wedding guests raved about the food! Just what I wanted to hear. Her friendly and helpful staff went above and beyond to help out in other areas of the wedding. Some of our family was supposed to set out the ice cream sundae bar and they were running behind. Maggie's staff grabbed what was needed set it up and served it for us, without hesitation. Live Savers! Best money I have spent, worth every penny. I was able to enjoy our special day without a worry about the buffet. Happy, well fed, guests and I felt like I had gained a new friend too, in Maggie. She truly wants your event to be successful and she will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

Profile Picture Kala, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Maggies Buns was the perfect choice for catering and desserts for our wedding! The food was phenomenal! The set up was great and beautiful! We had an array of desserts and they all tasted fantastic! Couldn't have asked for a better caterer for our wedding!

Profile Picture User5463957, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Delivery, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Dessert, American, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian

Maggie is awesome. Her advice and guidance went far beyond simply planning food for the wedding. She helped us with decorating, room arrangement, and a schedule for the day and actual wedding. Our dinner had a wonderful variety of delicious food that was fresh, healthy, and represented the tastes of the bride and groom. We were given lots of flexibility in setting the menu and even changed it a few days before the wedding based on a change in weather - at no additional charge. Set up and service were professional and clean up was thorough.

Most importantly, perhaps, is Maggie's general approach to her work. She is warm, direct, and unpretentious. She was happy to work within our budget and never made us feel like we should do or spend more. Her sense of humor and down to earth attitude went a long way to keep everyone focused on enjoying the wedding.

Profile Picture User5609029, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Maggie has the energy and experience to carry off anything you need! She will not only take care of what has been agreed upon but as you know, unexpected situations will arise and Maggie and her staff will quietly take care of anything to make sure your wedding will be as smooth as can be. She took care of a few things I had no idea would occur and it was a seamless event for us. I was able to let go of the catering area and just enjoy our event.

Profile Picture User5628432, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American, Local, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Maggie was such a pleasure to work with! She created a dessert display for my daughter's wedding reception that was beautiful, delicious and made to fit our budget! She does everything she can to make the event special and unique. Her experience and creativity are so valuable. Her team also provided the service and clean up and they left the kitchen better than they found it. We had her cater the family dinner before the reception and it was also delicious and went without a hitch. I can't say enough good about Maggie and her team--I highly recommend her for any special event!

Profile Picture Sherrie, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Maggie, of Maggie's Buns Catering, made our wedding and reception a great success with delicious food, kind support, and responsive attention to details. Maggie is incredible! She met with us several times before our 115 person wedding, was in touch via email, phone, and text, and reassured us with helpful advice. We wanted a classy but rustic and family friendly atmosphere without a big price tag and without a wedding planner. Maggie was able to go over all of our to do lists and took on many of our questions with a quick and enthusiastic, "We can do that!" The food was really delicious and Maggie's staff made sure to have some of our cocktail food set aside at our table during the dinner hour (knowing that we would not have time while chatting with guests to eat the menu selected). The staff was professional and friendly, great attention to detail and all guests were happily eating family style at the same time. Amazing! Our guests still mention the incredible gluten free dessert (one of many options to choose from on our dessert table). Every step of the way I felt like I had a knowledgeable expert and friend on my side. Maggie helped make our wedding a day that we could hand over all responsibility and have fun. Being an anxious, hands on bride it made a huge difference to have Maggie and Maggie's Buns Catering on our side! :) Thank you Maggie!

Profile Picture Cailin, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Maggie and her team were AMAZING. She was incredibly helpful to work with in the planning process and the day of. During our meetings with her she provided tons of helpful tips and tricks to make our day memorable. She helped to coordinate everything that we needed (serving dishes, linens, silverware and dishes, etc.) She used her experiences with past weddings to help us coordinate and plan things that we hadn't even thought of.
The day of was amazing. The service was great; tons of fun and everything that we wanted. The presentation was the same, perfect. Her and her staff even set up a table to the side where we could eat alone, just the two of us, and take everything in.
Along with Maggie and her staff being absolutely amazing, the food was DELICIOUS. Our friends and family are still talking about it. And the price was so reasonable for everything that we got and the great quality of it all. Our wedding would not have been as fantastic as it was without Maggie and her team. Everything was so wonderful!
I 100% recommend Maggies Buns!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Not only was Maggie's Buns the best value for the money that we found, the food was wonderful. All of our guests raved about it. Maggie was extremely helpful & flexible and her staff was friendly and courteous. It was a pleasure working with them and we highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer.

Profile Picture Karen, 8/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We found Maggie at another friend’s wedding the summer before our wedding. As we were eating I asked my fiancé what she thought, and we both agreed that the food was absolutely fantastic. After we finished dinner I went over and introduced myself to Maggie. After our introductions I could already tell she was going to be our caterer. She was personable, polite and above all knew her craft and how to cater a wedding with top notch food. Maggie was the first vendor we hired for our wedding. She was affordable, has high quality local and organic food, has a professional and knowledgeable staff and above all the taste of every single dish served is amazing. She has an extensive array of options on her menu. She will work with you on personalizing the dinner to your taste, what is fresh and in season and will work within your budget constraints. We got compliments from all 200 of our guests at our wedding telling us that our food was the best. I would highly suggest using Maggie as your caterer. It is one thing you can check off your list and not have to worry about it in the least.

Profile Picture Bob, 7/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Maggie went WAY out of her way to help us make our backyard wedding perfect. The food was prepared and portioned PERFECTLY! It was also delectable!! She offered professional criticism in the most polite and professional manner.

Profile Picture User4293478, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I got married on 5/31/14. We are so thankful we chose Maggie's Buns to do our catering! Maggie was so helpful throughout the planning process (she's very creative!), she really cared about how much everything would cost and saved us lots of money. We greatly appreciated her thoughtfulness! She made planning fun and not stressful. Maggie and her catering team provided us with high quality food (delicious appetizers, salads and three entree choices) that was displayed attractively. Our guests loved the food!!! Further, the catering staff was so professional and friendly. They treated us and our guests with respect. We love Maggie and her staff! They made our wedding special and memorable. We highly recommend Maggie's Buns! - Angela & Brian

Profile Picture User4176704, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews