Maggie Sottero Designs Reviews

166 | Salt Lake City, UT

166 Reviews for Maggie Sottero Designs

Alessandra · Married on 09/08/2017

3.0

I absolutely LOVED my dress. It was just stunning and was very reasonably priced by looked very high end. The only complaint I had was just my timeline. My dress came in with plenty of time, but I was told that it was going to come in 4 weeks earlier than it did. When I called to inquire, they told me that there was a delay. Which, is fine, but no one called to tell me. If I had just known that ahead of me having to call and inquire when it was 2 weeks past when they told me my dress would have come in, I would have given a full 5 star review.

But, I did find a dress that I loved and it did come in on time. I just had a few stressful weeks about 5 weeks before my wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Maggie Sottero Designs's reply:

Thank you for the feedback, Alessandra! We're so happy you loved the gown, but we're sorry to hear you experienced a delivery lag before your big day. Feel free to reach out on our website if you'd like us to know more about your shopping and ordering experience. We'd also love to see photos of you in your dress through our "Real Weddings" page!

Breonna · Married on 08/15/2008

My dress was beautiful and came much sooner than the local vendor had originally said it would arrive.

Sent on 11/10/2008

I purchased Maggie's "Indiana" dress and absolutely loved it! Wish I could wear it over and over again! Beautiful design and detail!

Sent on 08/04/2015
  • TreeShade

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

3.5

My maggie sotero dress was beautiful .

Sent on 09/30/2016

Jodie · Married on 06/25/2016

3.5

Maggie Sottero is the perfect designer if you are looking for something that is timelessly romantic yet modern. I am so excited to wear my Emma gown!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Haley · Married on 05/23/2015

2.0

I found the most gorgeous Maggie Sottero gown... It was absolutely stunning and I did everything I possibly could to make that my gown, even though it was more than I wanted to spend on my dress. After calling SEVERAL different retailers, some as far as 3 hours away from me - I was told the same thing by all of them - the dress would not make it in time for my wedding (which was still 4 months away), if I rushed it, it would still only come in a week earlier, which would still be cutting it incredibly close to my date. I was just so disappointed that I found something I loved so much and was willing to splurge on, I am VERY frugal! And yet nothing could be done to make it happen. This is not a designer for any bride looking to get married in a short time frame - if you have the time, I would one hundred percent recommend her, though! I love the dress I chose, but I will never forget that Maggie Sottero dress I tried on.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Maggie Sottero Designs's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us… We appreciate your feedback. While we are thrilled to hear you found a Maggie Sottero gown you loved, we are sorry about your unpleasant experience in our production time. Due to the intricate nature of some of our dresses, especially dresses with extraordinary beading, crystals or lace appliques, take longer than others to produce, as each embellishment is hand-placed. We understand your frustration, but feel it is important to ensure each dress is constructed with the upmost care and meticulous attention to detail. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we wish you the best of luck in this exciting new chapter of your life.

2.5

I absolutely loved my Maggie Sottero Emma Dress in the light gold color. It fits like a glove and everybody did not stop commented on the gorgeous color, especially my groom! It's really hard to alter though, especially the hem, so keep that in mind! I'm so happy I got this dress!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Maggie Sottero Designs's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Would you mind contacting us directly so we can further resolve this issue? Please email us at feedback@maggiesottero.com

3.0

I loved my Maggie Sottero Dress. It was great priced and fit me with basically no alterations. It was a very popular designer for a few of my friends. Dresses are so different from each other you couldn't tell.

Sent on 07/30/2015
  • User6572092 · 2+ years ago

2.4
      2.5

Somebody can give me a hint about how to proof that I bought an authentic Maggie Sottero dress... recently bought it in an authorized retailer store, but didn't get any certificate or bag of the designer?
    In that moment I was not thinking because I was fascinated of the style... just wanted this dress! It was an exhibition dress... maybe they don't come with an certificate?? Label Maggie Sottero Memories - but poorly stitched, obviously by hand to the slip?? Read a lot of fake Maggie dresses, so got unsure.

Sent on 04/08/2016

Maggie Sottero Designs's reply:

I apologize for the experience that you had purchasing your wedding gown. Please reach out to our Customer Relations Supervisor directly at returns@maggiesottero.com so that we can try to remedy the situation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Melissa · Married on 05/09/2015

2.4
      2.5

Very DISSAPOINTED in Maggie Sottero. I purchased my dream wedding dress, i knew it was the one as soon as I put it on. On my wedding day, the straps to my dress snapped and it became a strapless dress. i did not let this ruin my day however when contacting Maggie Sottero they said when the dress is worn out of the store it is no longer their concern....EXCUSE ME? How can you create a dress and charge a bride $1300 for it but not be responsible for it falling apart, ON HER WEDDING DAY!!!! All they were willing to do was send beads to fix the straps and even that took 5 and a half months for them to ship beads. No reimbursement whatsoever. BEWARE BRIDES when purchasing a dress designed by Maggie Sottero.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Maggie Sottero Designs's reply:

Melissa I apologize for the experience that you had with Maggie Sottero Designs. This is not in line with our mission of making brides dreams a reality. Please reach out to our Customer Relations Supervisor directly at jennifer.snook@maggiesottero.com so that we can try to remedy the situation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Deborah · Married on 00/00/0000

1.8
      2.0

We put a deposit on a Maggie Sottero gown in Dec.2016 at Irma's Bridal in Cherry Hill, NJ. Because our daughter lives in CA she did not see the dress until 11/17. It came to the store in early July. The dress was damaged and Irma said she would order her a new dress. I contacted customer service to make sure that a new dress was in fact ordered, which it was not. A couple of weeks later Irma called to say that the dress was repaired and is now perfect. I informed her we did not put a deposit on a damaged and repaired dress and no longer would accept it. She told me I had to pay in full and could try to sell in on eBay!!! That same day MS customer service sent an email that the dress was discontinued and they could not provide a new dress for our daughter, but sent fabric to repair it.
    Maggie Sottero sent a damaged dress and Irma wants to hold us to the full amount of the dress and is suing our daughter in small claims court for the remainder of the balance. She wants to keep our $640 deposit and the dress leaving us with NOTHING!! This issue should have been between Irma's Bridal and Maggie Sottero, not us! All we wanted was the new dress we put a deposit on in good faith!! Clearly, neither party wants to protect us! Stay away from both!!!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Darlene · Married on 09/13/2020

1.6
      1.0

Don't buy from Maggir Sottero!

Don't order a Maggie Sottero dress!! I ordered my Sophronia wedding dress in September and I was suppose to receive it in March but didn't because the dress didn't pass their quality control. That was fine.
    Then in July, the bridal shop received the dress but it had imperfections in the material that looked like burn marks on the satin. They were all over the dress. How did this pass Maggie Sottero's own quality control? I didn't pay over $2000 to get a flawed dress. We sent the dress back for them to fix.
    Then they sent the "fixed" dress to the bridal shop today and it still has the same imperfections in the satin. What the hell? We are going to send it back again but I am so tired of this. I thought I picked a great designer, but this has been the biggest headache and the most unprofessional business I've dealt with.

Sent on 08/15/2020

1.2
      1.0

I place and order for a dress since around January 12th 2013 cause Maggie Sottero states that it takes 6 months to get the the dress. After waiting 6 long months for my dress the retailer called me to let me know that Maggie made the wrong dress not the one I ordered. I got this news in July about 6 weeks before my wedding. Maggie did called to say it was a mistake but not saying how I was gonna be compensated and stating 6 weeks in not enough time to get the original dress that I wanted. They didn't say yes they will try to make me another dress until my fiancé called that and stated that he is going to call of the wedding and sue them for all the cost for the wedding cause I was not gonna accept no other dress but the dress I first agreed to. I got word from the retailer who is in PA that my dress was gonna be at the store by 8/5/13 got all excited to see me dress then to my surprise Maggie called that Friday before the date to inform me that I was given incorrect information because the dress won't be at the store till about 8/11/13 7 days before my big that with no time in my schedule to travel to PA to get the dress. They informed my fiancée that they will try to to have the store in PA deliver my dress to NY and I should receive a call on Monday 8/5/13 in regards to my dress. That date came and went and I received no call . Maggie service is horrible , irresponsible and unprofessional . I will not recommend them to no one no matter how lovely the dresses may be

Sent on 08/06/2013

Harley · Married on 04/25/2018

1.0

I am not a fan of Maggie Sottero because they have no integrity... all of a sudden they hit 20 years and then they want to tell some B/S story of how they came about and it’s all fabricated. They aren’t 5 generation oh wedding dress designers.. if they were where is the true history? They talk about having a store when one of them was young., how is that when they are both quite a bit older???its not possible.. where is this store... why isn’t it still around?? What was the name??
    I’d like to see them answer these questions.,
    The new the fact that their stuff is made in China....
    I think there are far better designers around that are genuine.

Sent on 04/25/2018

Dear Harley,

Thank you for your comment, and we are truly sorry if our company’s history seems unclear. We were thrilled to celebrate our 20th anniversary in 2017, especially as it gave us the opportunity to tell the story of our family-owned business and involvement in the wedding industry. We’d like to offer a few points of clarification:

“Maggie Sottero Designs” proper was established in 1997, but the family has been involved in fashion and bridalwear for multiple generations, starting with Maggie Sottero, a bespoke seamstress and great-grandmother to our design director, Lesley Webster. As part of the modern company, Lesley has assumed the modern alias of “Maggie Sottero.”

As for your question about our founders having a store when one of them was young, this is indeed true. Our founders operated a boutique in Sydney, Australia, before the establishment of Maggie Sottero Designs, and the women you refer to from our legacy video worked there as part of their family-owned business.

The family’s former stores (before the establishment of MSD) are no longer in operation, but we continue to operate our flagship boutique, Abbey Bridal, in Sydney, Australia. Check us out at www.abbeybridal.com.au.

Today, original Maggie Sottero Designs gowns are created through our design team, in-house seamstresses, and factory partners in Asia. When a bride orders a gown through a boutique, it is made-to-order in Asia. We are committed to providing premium gowns at attainable price points through a fair and globalized production process.

We hope these points help to clarify the origin of Maggie Sottero Designs and the history of our family-owned business. Again, thank you for your comment!

-Maggie Sottero Designs

Shelley's is Closed

Shelley's is now Closed. Try Complete Bridal-Bridal Boys right down the street. 224-699-9242

Sent on 07/11/2020

r · Married on 02/25/2019

0.4
      0.5

Do not visit this store! Warning

Sent on 02/20/2017

Maggie Sottero Designs's reply:

Hello, and thank you for submitting a review! It seems you had a negative experience with one of our Authorized Retailers. We'd like to know a little more information, and hopefully work to remedy the situation. Would you please email us at contactus@maggiesottero.com?