Maggie Richard Design Reviews

Maggie Richard Design 5
Maggie Richard Design 6
Maggie Richard Design 7

Natalie · Married on 10/20/2018

I am a wedding photographer here in Richmond and had the pleasure of working with Maggie recently at a wedding! Her timeline was sent in a timely manner and it had ample room for me to photograph all the important moments that were important to my bride. She knows exactly what she's doing and you won't regret investing in her for your big day!! Love this girl!!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Maggie Richard Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Natalie! You were a pleasure to work with as well!

Amy · Married on 05/19/2018

We used Maggie Richards design to plan my daughter's May 19th wedding. I don't know how we could have done it without Maggie! We started planning two years out and she was always receptive and responded immediately to any questions and concerns we had. She was very helpful when dealing with the venue and vendors as I felt she let us know what to be aware of and what pitfalls to avoid. Her design ideas were wonderful and we were able to incorporate my daughter and her fiance's personality into the wedding. Her expertise helped my daughter achieve the dream wedding she wanted. I can enthusiastically recommend Maggie and her team!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Maggie Richard Design's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you and Kaitlynn over the past almost two years! Thank you so much for the kind words. I will miss seeing you all!

Kim · Married on 05/18/2018

Maggie was an absolute lifesaver while planning my wedding. She helped me with every detail-from choosing my wedding colors to choosing the most fantastic vendors who made my day an absolute dream. She was very responsive and went above and beyond. I would recommend Maggie to anyone-she is fantastic!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Maggie Richard Design's reply:

Kim, I’m glad you and Paul had such a great wedding and that I could play a role! Thank you for the kind words and much success to you both!
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 03/03/2018

We didn't have the budget for full planning services so we were thrilled that Maggie had a smaller package that included consulting services. I had so many ideas in my head and she was able to reign them all in and help us make specific choices with design elements and vendors, all while sticking with our budget and still making our dreams happen. Our wedding day was beautiful and I know without a doubt it's because Maggie worked through all of the little details with us during the planning process. I would definitely recommend Maggie's planning services to any couple!

Maggie Richard Design 8
    Maggie Richard Design 9
    Maggie Richard Design 10
    Maggie Richard Design 11

Morgan · Married on 09/02/2017

Maggie truly was a God send and saved my sanity during our wedding planning process. When we first met, I truly didn't know if we wanted a destination wedding, a wedding at my fiance's farm almost 2 hours away, or if we would end up eloping. Maggie and I worked together for over a year teasing through what was best for us and planning our dream wedding. Maggie scheduled meetings with every single vendor and went and sat through each meeting or tour with me. The quality of vendors that she recommended and was able to find for our wedding was absolutely spectacular. I underestimated just how special and important that is until I witnessed other weddings without the same. I was able to trust Maggie with the design of our wedding and knew that all I had to do was show up. The questions that she asks and the process she has for developing the design for the wedding makes it possible for the bride to just let Maggie do her thing. I am incredibly type A and need to be in charge of absolutely everything, and Maggie knew exactly how to calm that and give me confidence that everything was going to be taken care of. Maggie truly made our wedding day possible, and I'd like to think that I gained a friend out of the experience as well!

Maggie Richard Design 12
    Maggie Richard Design 17
    Maggie Richard Design 18
    Maggie Richard Design 19

Cassandra · Married on 08/26/2017

I am so glad that we found Maggie to help us plan our wedding! Right off the bat from our first meeting, I could tell that Maggie understood our needs, style, and wishes for our wedding. We hired Maggie for month-of wedding coordinating, which also included her day-of event coordinating services. Maggie was available to answer some of my random questions even before we were a month out from the wedding - she is super responsive when it comes to communication. Once we hit the one-month mark, she took a huge weight off my shoulders by taking over primary communication with all of our vendors, putting together a very detailed timeline, and making sure that we were ready to go. You do not want to have to worry about all of those details yourself during your wedding month - you'll have enough other things to worry about - and that's coming from a very detail-oriented type-A person! I went into our month-out walkthrough feeling totally stressed out and behind on wedding planning, but Maggie was there and completely put my mind at ease and I was finally able to enjoy the last few weeks before the wedding. Maggie's expertise made all of our final decisions a breeze, I just knew that we were in good hands and completely trusted her guidance and advice. That kind of piece of mind is absolutely invaluable with all the other stress that comes along with planning a wedding. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, our guests still can't stop raving about how perfect everything was. If there were any issues, Maggie made sure that they were taken care of without us having to worry about anything. I would fully recommend Maggie's services to anyone looking to have a stress-free wedding planning process, and I am so glad that we had her on our team. My only regret is that we didn't hire her for full-scale wedding planning - I know now that doing so would have been worth every penny. We'll never be able to thank her enough for pulling off the perfect wedding!!

Melanie · Married on 06/03/2017

We decided to hire Maggie as our day of wedding planner immediately after we met with her in person. She impressed us with her organizational skills and we loved her bubbly, fun personality. Maggie went above and beyond our expectations from the beginning. Even before she was contractually obligated to start working with us, Maggie would answer any of my questions and offered suggestions in a very timely manner. A little before a month out, Maggie met with my husband and I to help finalize our wedding timeline and to assist us with any finishing touches. She also immediately started connecting with our vendors to coordinate the details of the wedding day. I have to say, I really thought I would have a lot more trouble letting go and giving Maggie full control of the event, but it was actually really easy because she is an incredible communicator and the most organized person I've ever met. Our wedding was absolutely PERFECT! Everything flowed exactly how we dreamed it would and Maggie, and her assistant Kelly, set up the venue exactly like we had discussed. Hiring Maggie was by far the BEST decision we made during the planning process. She is the reason our wedding was so wonderful and the reason that we were worry-free leading up to the wedding day. She is truly amazing and has a heart of gold. She is exactly what we needed and we would recommend her to anyone and everyone who is getting married!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Maggie Richard Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Melanie! Kelly and I both greatly appreciate it!

Caryn · Married on 06/03/2017

Maggie was the best. Super organized and Type A, but relaxed and great about not stressing me out! I highly recommend her!

Tyler · Married on 06/02/2017

Hiring Maggie was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She was incredibly proactive, quick to respond, and just a pleasure to work with. Maggie and her assistant, Kelly, made our wedding day go so smoothly and everything was absolutely perfect. We would highly recommend Maggie for anyone looking for a worry-free wedding day!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Maggie Richard Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Tyler! It was our pleasure!

Halley · Married on 11/12/2016

Maggie was AMAZING!!! I would recommend her to any bride-to-be, whether they think they need a planner or not!! She took care of things I would have never even thought of and I am so glad that I had her to rely on.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Maggie Richard Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Halley! You were a pleasure to work with! Congrats again to you and Reed!

Peggy · Married on 11/12/2016

I would highly recommend Maggie! She was so much fun to work with and a completely professional. We could not have pulled off the wedding and reception without her. Maggie was is constant communication and I never doubted she had everything under control and every detail covered. She worked so well with our vendors and ensured everything was perfect. Our wedding at St. Bridget's and reception at VMFA was flawless and we have Maggie to thank for that. I really can't say enough positive things about her and the service she provides! Best wedding investment we made.

Peggy Horn (mother of the bride)

Bianca · Married on 09/17/2016

Maggie was such a key part of our big day and I could not imagine not having her there. From start to finish she was very attentive to my needs and wants as a bride. She executed everything she said she would going above my expectations and met with me as many times as I wanted or she needed to in order to feel confident about how our day would go! She is extremely responsive which is a hard quality to find with many wedding vendors and is a truly kind person which made her so easy to get along with. She was also able to put together our programs and menus which added a perfect touch to our day! All I can say is positive things. If you need planning or coordination, Maggie should definitely be on the top of your list!

Janet · Married on 06/25/2016

Maggie was absolutely fantastic as day-of coordinator for our June 2016 wedding. We contacted Maggie early on in the planning process (nearly 2 years before!) and knew right away that she was the perfect fit for us. Leading up to the wedding, Maggie was always very responsive and had great suggestions/recommendations. One month out, Maggie became our biggest advocate and was amazing at coordinating all of our vendors. The week of our wedding, an issue arose with one of our vendors. My favorite thing about Maggie is that she sorted the issue out and took care of everything and informed me after the issue was resolved. I am eternally grateful for her ability to shield her couples from any behind the scenes conflict that may arise. On the day of the wedding, Maggie was flawless. Our venue was absolutely gorgeous and everything turned out as we had imagined. Her coordination/management services were a dream. Everything ran as it was supposed to. During the entire night, I didn’t have a single vendor ask me a question -- Maggie was on top of everything! When my husband and I realized we needed a little bit more time to visit all of the guest tables, Maggie gracefully allowed us a few extra minutes and made sure that the DJ, photographer, and catering were aware of the slight timeline shift. We didn’t have to worry about a thing because of Maggie. We were able to enjoy our wedding day without a single ounce of stress! Maggie was absolutely amazing and we would recommend her to anybody looking for a laid-back, calm, organized, and professional planner/designer/coordinator! Thank you, Maggie!

Janet and Brandon

Valerie · Married on 04/23/2016

I knew I wanted (NEEDED!) to a wedding coordinator for the week and day-of our wedding, but we had a budget and I didn't want to pay for services we didn't need. Maggie's day-of package and personality were a perfect fit for us! A little before a month out, she was on top of helping me finalize a day-of timeline and started to connect with my vendors so I didn't have to worry about the who, what, when, where of the big day. What was also super impressive to me about working with Maggie was how she went above and beyond to take care of and pay attention to me/my emotions as the countdown got shorter. She was always willing to jump on the phone to help me talk through wedding details or just to make sure my weekend hadn't been too stressful. This is a benefit I didn't expect to receive and was greatly appreciated---it was difficult to find someone completely removed from the wedding to talk to without having to worry about hurting feelings or receiving more unwanted opinions. Maggie always listened and offered thoughtful suggestions when I needed them. Two days before the wedding she met to go over the final timeline, any last minute details. From that meeting on, I was worry-free! The day went perfectly, our wedding party remarked on how everything flowed exactly how the timeline dictated. The ballroom was setup exactly how we discussed. She came and got us for all the customary reception events and would check in just to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. I seriously have no idea how people have a wedding without a coordinator! Maggie was exactly what we needed and I'd recommend her to anyone!

Chelsea · Married on 11/07/2015

I wish I could just give you the fantastic memories I have with dealing with Maggie! It was such a great pleasure to work with her! She was so helpful with everything from the smallest of details to the largest. I told her I still wanted to do some things myself (which is why I requested for partial planning) but when I got lost or absolutely confused she was there to help! She had an eye for detail and an amazing talent to get a large group of people to do what they needed to do! Maggie was fun and so incredible to work with! My wedding turned out so perfectly and I owe it all to Maggie! Thank you much for your dedication to my day and the great time that everyone had and keeping everyone in line as well! ;)

Adrienne · Married on 09/26/2015

I'd tell anyone looking for a fantastic wedding planner to go with Maggie. She's been working with me through planning my wedding, which is in September 2015. She's been so great at keeping me on schedule and making sure I've got all of my bases covered.

She's so enthusiastic, and it's clear how much she loves weddings. She's all about catering events to the couple. Maggie is willing to take chances and try new things, and it's been great to have someone as adventurous as I am to walk us through this experience.

We hired Maggie as a day-of coordinator for our April Wedding. I initially met with her for a consultation in a few months before the wedding, and I immediately had a positive feeling about working with her. She was friendly, knowledgeable, and most importantly understood our vision for the day: simple and laid back. What I loved about the day-of coordination is that we really got to work with Maggie for the whole month before the wedding. We visited the site and spent a lot of time going over the layout. She took a lot of the stress and worry out of our wedding day.
    She coordinated with all our vendors (caterers, rentals, venue, photographer, etc.) and helped with the setup and post-wedding coordination as well. I would recommend Maggie and use her for future events.

Leslie · Married on 09/28/2013

Maggie helped make my daughter's wedding a complete success. She has a vision and a passion for event planning and her designs are fabulous. She has excellent taste. Everyone knows that!

I highly recommend Maggie's Misc. to anyone that wants that special day to leave the attendees in total awe.

Kelli · event on: 09/16/2013

Maggie is the consummate professional. She is creative, tailoring her approach to the customer, flexible and responsive. You won't be disappointed !

Richard · event on: 06/25/2015

Maggie was phenomenal throughout the entire planning process of our event. She was extremely thorough and made sure the everything was done perfectly. She always responded quickly and I didn't have to worry about our event at all.

Corey · event on: 09/16/2013

Maggie was a professional throughout the entire event. Each day of the conference, I was made to feel welcomed and there was a clear agenda of the daily activities. Maggie made sure that each speaker's needs were accommodated and that they moved smoothly through their presentations. It was a pleasure attending such an event when everything executed so well for both the presenters and the guest.