79 Reviews for Magda's Designs - Hair and Makeup

Facials (1)
Blowouts (1)
Airbrush Makeup (1)
79 Magda's Designs - Hair and Makeup Reviews

THRILLED!!!! Absolutely positively beyond happy with Magda Designs. Magda and her assistant were professional, efficient, flexible, and extremely skilled in their field. Magda really listened to what I wanted, and more importantly what I didn't want. It was very important to me to look like ME, just a little done up, on my big day, and that's what I got! My day of hair was exactly like my trial hair and she did it so effortlessly! (She comes to you for trials!)
I had 5 bridesmaids and a 3 year old flower girl....they were all SO happy with their makeup application because it was to their taste yet fancy for the day, and Magda's assistant absolutely PERFECTED everyone's hair. We had braids, curls, short hair, long hair, thin hair, thick hair, extensions.....she managed to make them all look cohesive and match the style of the wedding and dresses as we showed and described to her (without doing any trials!).
Highly Recommended and would use them again in a heartbeat!
THANK YOU MAGDA DESIGNS!!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked Magda for my wedding day and I could not have been happier with how my hair and makeup came out! I am not usually one to wear makeup and Magda's natural and soft makeup looks are the reason I reached out to her. She came to my house for a trial, and we went through multiple options for my big day. She was patient and attentive and I never felt rushed. We finalized a look, but as the wedding drew closer I began to change my mind about how I wanted my makeup to look. I was nervous about how the changes I requested would look, but Magda absolutely blew me away! She was accommodating and when I explained what I wanted to change since our trial she listened to exactly what I wanted and it came out better than I ever imagined. She was a pleasure to work with and was so knowledgeable about her craft. She also did makeup and hair for my bridesmaid, mother, and mother-in-law, and everyone loved their looks. They all requested different styles of hair and makeup and Magda was able to pull it off with ease. Everyone's makeup and hair looked flawless throughout the entire night. Magda made me feel like a princess on my wedding day and I can not recommend her enough!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/17/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Magda does exquisite work with hair and make-up. She makes it very natural but elegant. She comes to you wherever you are getting ready. She does a fantastic job, I would just say you definitely pay for it. If you have seen her work at a wedding or even online I would say hire her and don't even do the trial. Only do the trial if you have never seen her work or you are going to try on your dress with the hair and make-up done. She'll do a fantastic job even without the trial. She will also tell you like it is.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/6/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda and her assistant did an amazing job! i got so many compliments on my bridal look and my bridesmaids could not have been happier with their looks. She was super accommodating and patient and made me look and feel my best. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Puja, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I HIGHLY recommend Magda!!! She and her team did such a wonderful job for my wedding. In addition to my hair and makeup, I had 10 bridesmaids, plus my mom and aunt, and each one of them looked stunning! Magda is extremely professional, but also did a great job of keeping the whole morning leading up to the wedding very relaxed and enjoyable. I even had a "day of" wedding planner who asked for Magda's contact info afterwards so she could recommend her to future brides. Hiring Magda was a great decision!!!

Profile Picture Nora, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda provided hair and make-up for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother/mother-in-law. I couldn't have been happier with the results, and I know everyone else was equally satisfied. From our first meeting, she was very responsive and even asked for some photos to give her an idea of my wedding inspiration. At my trial, she gave me a look that was flawless and timeless. Magda has a wonderful eye for color, respectfully listens to your requests and moves throughout the getting-ready period of the day with a calm, collected, stress-free attitude. I can't recommend Magda enough. She is so talented at her craft and you can tell she really loves what she does. Thank you Magda!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 3/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup

Magda was amazing to work with. She did hair and makeup for myself (the bride), the MOB, the MOG and 5 bridesmaids – and everyone looked amazing! I have curly hair that tends to look awful in up do’s and she had it looking perfect all night long. She juggled all of my bridal parties demanding personalities (a few ladies had specific requests and wanted it redone just so and had us all commenting that we never looked better. I would definitely recommend her to everyone!

Profile Picture Larissa, 12/31/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Magda has been a lifesaver for me. I first started seeing her when I had severe acne, and I continue to go to her for regular facials and micro needling. Although Magda works in New Jersey and I live in Philly, I make the 2-hour trek every month or so for treatment. Believe me when I tell you she is amazing. I've tried other aestheticians in PA and have never seen the results I do when I go to her. I'll follow her anywhere and drive as many hours as I need to so that she can work her magic on me. I've also had her do my makeup and was beyond thrilled with the results.

Profile Picture Cassie, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Facials, Makeup

Magda was amazing! She did make up for myself, my 7 bridesmaids, and the MOB and MOG. Everyone looked fabulous!! I got so many compliments on my make up and felt like a million bucks. I dont wear make up normally and wanted a very natural look. All of my girls looked so natural and classic. She uses individual lashes which are must better than the strips. She's very easy to work with, knows a ton about make up (she told me not to be too tan or my make up will look green.) She asked all the girls about their normal skin treatments and make up regimens to try to match their skin types. Because of Magda I looked beautiful :) If you're looking for natural flawless elegance, she's your girl :)

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
4.7

Magda is truly amazing at her craft!! She has years of experience and it is evident! I had 8 bridesmaids plus myself that needed hair undoes and Magda did it all herself and in a timely manner!! Magda took her time asking and clarifying with each girl what they wanted and any Pinterest picture shown to Magda , she did effortlessly! The girls including myself were SO happy with how their hair looked and it lasted ALL night! Magda will give you her honest opinion on how she thinks hairstyles will look, and although it may be brutally honest, I trust her opinion. Her website showcases her work and I can attest that you will not have to worry seeing any "prom like" hairstyles, all her undoes were trendy and beautiful! I would absolutely recommend Magda to anyone! She is AMAZING at what she does!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Updos/Styling
0.5

Magda did my wedding on 6/12/15.

Hi Magda,
All I can say is wow. You made my dreams come true. My wedding day was perfect with the help of your perfection at its best!
I can't THANK YOU enough for making me and my girls look absolutely amazing. Everyone complimented my makeup and said how great I looked that day. You truly did an amazing job! I couldn't have asked for anything better.
You walked with me every step of the way when I did my trial and made it a reality the day of the wedding.
You arrived early and took your time which is what I expected from someone that is similar to me when it comes to getting the job done right. You really are great at what you do.
So thank you again and I will defiantly recommend you to others and helpfully for any special events I have you will be the one I call to look beautiful.
Best Regards,
Jessica

Profile Picture Jessica , 6/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda was fantastic to work with. I am typically weary of online reviews but getting married 800 miles away from where I live meant I had to believe what I was reading. Magda was always available when I had questions and had great ideas when it came to my look for my wedding. She makes you look and feel so special and treated my entire party wonderfully. If you want to look and feel fabulous on your wedding day, Magda is who you want!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Magda is EXCELLENT at what she does! My family and I have used her for makeup and/or hair for 3 majorly important occasions, and she is fantastic.

For my sister's wedding, we hired her to do the makeup for my sister, my mom, and me (for logistical reasons, bridesmaids' makeup was done at another place where we did all of our hair). She did such a great job; our makeup looked natural, yet beautiful (just like we had requested!) and it lasted all day & night. Magda really knows how to make a bride stand out, and my sister's makeup, especially, was STUNNINGLY gorgeous. I actually wore mine the following day because I was so tired by the time we got back that I forgot to wash my face, and since it still looked perfect in the morning, I kept it on :) So basically, her makeup application lasted from 2 pm on a Saturday until 8 pm on Sunday! I'm prone to getting very shiny, and the fact that this didn't happen is a miracle in my book.

She also did my sister's makeup for another big event in April 2015, and I used her again myself in May 2015 for hair & makeup. We will all definitely be contacting her when the need arises for us to look our best.

She always responds quickly to messages (via text/email/voice), arrives exactly on time, keeps everybody on schedule, pays attention when we describe what we're looking for (and actually delivers it), has a great attitude, is a total professional, prices reasonably, and is all around a pleasure to work with! And I feel that the fact that she comes to you is a bonus and makes everything so much more comfortable. I highly recommend her; you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Nermene, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda was wonderful to work with from when first inquiry to wedding day. I was planning my wedding from across the country so had only a week time to have a hair/makeup trial run. Scheduling was a breeze and Magda helped put my ideas into a look I felt both great and comfortable in. She is no-nonsense and really works to ensure that you are happy with your final look. Very clear on details throughout so no surprises, follows through and professional throughout. My 5 bridesmaids, mother and I got our hair/makeup done and the morning of the wedding was not hectic at all - would highly recommend!

Profile Picture User5057222, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Madga was professional, prompt, response, and great at making natural beautiful makeup. I didnt know exactly what I wants for my hair and she was accommodating and it came out perfect.....stayed all day!!! She was wonderful to work with! She did a hair and make up trial with me then day of she did my hair and makeup and my mom and mother-in-law makeup. Everyone looked great!

Profile Picture Aaron, 1/1/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda was so amazing to work with! As the bride, we obviously need to look flawless, and Magda did just that. I was worried about my face looking to made up, as I'm not a very heavy make-up wearer. She made me look natural and beautiful, and all of the makeup stayed in place throughout the whole night. I was also worried about my hair, as it's naturally curly and sometimes difficult to handle. She made it look so elegant, and still look at pictures in awe as to how amazing she made me look. She was quick, and timely, and she really understood what me and my bridesmaids wanted. She is truly a talented make-up and hair stylist, and I HIGHLY recommend her services!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Meeting Magda and choosing her to do my hair and makeup, and my five bridesmaids as well, for my wedding was one of the best decisions I made! I had my makeup trial with Magda and was so happy with the results that I also had Magda do my makeup for my bridal shower. Everyone complimented me at my shower.

On my Wedding Day Magda showed up to my house promptly and went to work immediately to get us all ready and beautiful. She did an incredible job - everyone complimented me all day and told me I looked like a movie star. I told her what my vision was and I'm still in awe of the look that she created for me. I looked like a polished, natural, and beautiful version of myself. I had never worn hair extensions before and they came out perfectly. I didn't worry about my makeup fading or my hair at all (which I wore down and curly and with extensions). I even had a bridesmaid wake up the next day and tell me her hair still looked perfect. I typically think that so many bridesmaids look overdone at Weddings but every one of my girls looked incredible. Magda did such a great job that my future sister in law booked her for her wedding next June - I can't wait to work with Magda again. I highly recommend her, she is a delight to work with and a genuinely great person.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/17/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup for my son's wedding! Despite the rain and wind my hair and make up looked great all day and evening. We be hiring again for the next wedding.

Profile Picture Karen, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda did a fantastic job on wedding hair and makeup for me and my MOH. She completely understood my vision and our hair and makeup looked beautiful in the photos. I wish I could give 5 stars but my updo did fall out a little and we were running a bit behind schedule. In the end, we ended up having enough time for photos but it added a bit of stress. Magda is not the most calming presence (if that matters to you) but she is very good at what she does! And I really appreciated that she didn't require a minimum number of people. I would recommend her services to any bride who wants to look sophisticated, classic, and beautiful on her wedding day.

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 10/4/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda was fantastic - she came to my apartment for the dry run and to our hotel for the day of. She worked with my fuzzy ideas and came up with a wonderful look.

Profile Picture Bethany, 9/21/14, 5 Reviews
0.2

Magda was the worst decision I made for my wedding. The work on her website looks lovely, but her actual work doesn\'t compare. I admit that I did like the way she did my hair, but I absolutely hated my make up. Also, my maid of honor requested a simple blow out and came out with frizzy hair and was in tears. She charged a whopping $150 dollars for her frizzy hair do.\r\n\r\nI didn\'t like the makeup at the trial and she said we could change it the day of. It was too late to find another makeup artist so I went with it. She was in such a hurry I couldn\'t ask if we can change it up during the trial. She was also in a hurry on my wedding day as she booked 2 other events the same day. She was huffing and puffing when my MOH stepped away from her doing her hair to help me put on my shoes for photos. I felt guilty that I was wasting HER time. \r\n\r\nThe worst of all is her professionalism. She YELLED at my maid of honor for POINTING (not touching) at my eye to give an opinion about the eye makeup during the trial. I was so embarrassed. She also had a nasty attitude on my actual wedding day when I asked her to do certain things such as when I requested that she not put heavy makeup in my eye creases (which can look like wrinkles)...she said \"well then I can\'t do your foundation\". What?! So rude and nasty. \r\n\r\nLastly, her prices are insane. She doesn\'t even own a salon where you can get your trial done. I drove from out of town for the trial and she wanted to meet at a motel. How elegant. \r\n\r\nDon\'t fall for the pretty website.

Profile Picture A, 3/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Bravo to Magda!!! She did an amazing job on my hair & make up not only once on the day of my son's wedding, but also for the night of the the rehearsal dinner. I had 2 different styles & received many many compliments on both events. I felt & looked great thanks to Magda. She is diligent & 100% professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to any anyone at any age. I was so pleased!

Profile Picture Linda, 12/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Magda is a pleasure to work with and is really talented at hair design. I have recommended Magda for many of my clients in the past so I knew I wanted her to take care of my bridal party and me on my wedding day! I could not have been more pleased with her work. She is efficient and always arrives early to set-up. Magda really cares about her clients and this is evident with her other reviews.

Selecting Magda is an easy decision. She takes the worry out of the day!
Thank you for everything Magda! Xox

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/13/13, 10 Reviews
3.2

Magda did my cousin's hair for her wedding, and her party. My cousin's hair was nothing special, the curls were uneven, and after an hour of dancing her hair went flat! She was little disappointed and I write this review because I was there from the very beginning of her big day. I noticed Magda used old tools (curlers) so my advice to her is to try new tools. She also charged $70 for touch-up (blow dry) for our grandma who had hair 2 inches long.

Profile Picture User3656324, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked Magda and her team for my wedding on July 20, 2013. I first met Magda in February for my trial. Within minutes, I knew this was the person I wanted to work with for my wedding. She listens to exactly what you want and instantly both her vision and your own vision come to life. On the day of my wedding, her team was on time and ready to go. All of my bridesmaids looked beautiful, my mother and mother-in-law were ecstatic, and I couldn't have been more pleased with how I looked at how my entire wedding party looked. I got married on the hottest day of the summer, and when you look at pictures my hair and make-up is still in place. Every guest commented on how beautiful everyone looked, and it was all because of Magda and her team. My best friend was so thrilled with the way she looked, that she booked Magda for her own wedding this summer. I would highly recommend Magda to anyone who is getting married and know they will not be disappointed in their choice.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/20/13, 2 Reviews