Magda's Cakes Reviews

24 | Cherokee, NC

24 Reviews for Magda's Cakes

Stacy · Married on 05/28/2017

Magda was absolutely wonderful to work with. The cake turned out beautifully and was quite honestly the most delicious cake my husband and I have ever had!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Lidija · Married on 06/04/2016

Ok, first I would like to start with WOW! Amazing! I actually hate cake, my husband was in charge of choose our cake because he loves sweets. Magda made us a Lavender cake with lavender blueberry jelly, it was the best cake I ever tasted. Our guests also loved the cake and some of them asked to take some home the next day, thank you so much. It is amazing how creative you are with the flavors and design.

Sent on 06/17/2016

masiel · Married on 09/19/2015

I loved Magdas cakes. The process of picking a wedding cake was a breeze. We were having an out of state wedding so we had a bit of limited time to do a few tastings. Magdas was by far the best in taste and looks. I sent her a picture of what I wanted and she delivered just that. We picked 2 flavors, and I was a little disappointed my catering company only cut one tier, because the vanilla tier was just as amazing as the chocolate one. My guests and us really loved the look of the cake and the taste was fantastic. Everyone was taking pics of it. Our cake was everything we wanted and more. deff recommend to book magda for your wedding.

Sent on 11/26/2015

christina · Married on 05/23/2015

I could sing Magda's praises all day long! Not only were our wedding cupcakes absolutely delicious, Magda presented them so beautifully. She really went above and beyond to make a stunning display, incorporating dried lavender, rice flowers and babys breath to match our decor. She exceeded our expectations in every way and I only wish we lived locally, so I could have more cupcakes! (particularly the lemon with curd & blueberries!) Thank you Magda!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Kristin · Married on 04/25/2015

Magda's Cakes were absolutely, positively simply INCREDIBLE and she was fabulous to work with!!! I have to admit - that planning the wedding cake, was not my highest priority when planning our wedding. I just wanted a pretty white cake. Well what we ended up with was literally the most delicious wedding cake that anyone had tasted! Our guests raved about how amazing the cake was! The Hummingbird flavor was a huge hit!
    Magda was amazing to work with! We were planning our wedding at Hawkesdene in Andrews, NC from 4 hours away. She coordinated a trip to our venue where we enjoyed a complimentary sampling of different flavors. Since I didn't have a specific "vision" in mind she worked with us to come up with the perfect cake. She delivered the cake and the beautiful mini fruit and Oreo tartlets that we added a few weeks before. Even though it was warm out, the cake lasted and looked amazing the entire evening! I highly recommend Magda's cakes! Thank you Magda - The Leitch's 4.25.2015

Sent on 06/01/2015

Casey · Married on 11/29/2014

Madga is such a sweet lady!! She makes Amazing cupcakes! Made my wedding very special!!! Everything was beautiful

Sent on 12/19/2014

Lan · Married on 11/29/2014

I can't put into words how happy I was with my cake. Her flavor, decoration, creativity, timeliness, and professionalism made this part of my wedding planning easy and enjoyable!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/15/2014

Magda is a such a special person, who is not only talented, but thoroughly enjoys her craft!! She was such a great help when planning our wedding cake for not only unique flavors, but also with the designs! The final product was beautiful and beyond delicious!! She is also wonderful about providing tasting samples during the planning process :) Highly recommend Magda and her cakes!!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Autumn · Married on 10/25/2014

Working with Magda on any occasion is an absolute pleasure. She always is such a delight and her treats are amazing !! Every cake I have gotten has always been the center of conversation months after the event !! A++

Sent on 11/19/2014

I LOVE Magda! She is soooo sweet. Made us our own flavor (basil butter creme because I love herbs). I got sooooo many complements on the cake, how good it tasted and it was just beautiful! I can't wait to get pictures back of it! She was soooo easy to work with and made me sooooo happy. No doubt she is the greatest.

Hannah,
    thank you so, so much for this sweet review!
    Love, Magda

Cathleen · Married on 09/27/2014

Madga was wonderful to work with. We met her at the Castle Ladyhawke vendor showcase event and sampled her delicious cupcakes. We later met up with Magda to discuss our cake flavors and design. She allowed us to sample about 7 or 8 different cake flavors/icing flavors. Our cake turned out beautifully and was delicious. Thank you Magda!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Magda's Cakes was the perfect choice for our wedding cake. Magda was wonderful to work with. She listened to our ideas and executed a final product that not only looked like what we requested but tasted even better. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Linda Gail · Married on 11/03/2013

Our wedding cake was so beautiful! And the flavor was amazing! We definitely plan on using Magda again for future events and we highly recommend her for your cake needs!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Thank you so much!

Lori · Married on 11/02/2013

Hands down the best cupcakes I have ever tasted! Magda was absolutely wonderful from the first time we met until she delivered and set up our cupcakes and cake. The different flavirs of cake and different icings were amazing. We had apple, carrot cake, red velvet, pumpkin, tres leche cupcakes and chocolate cake and every bite melted in your mouth. Magda was extremely attentive, responsive, and easy to work with. I highly recommend magda for any event

Sent on 11/07/2013

Leigh · Married on 10/12/2013

Magda was wonderful to work with and the wedding cake was fantastic!! In fact, the cake received more compliments than my dress! There will be no more weddings in my future, but there will be more of Magda's cakes!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Tammy · Married on 06/26/2013

She did a great job, the cake was beautiful and tasted so flavorful, she brought it to our location at a camp ground and had it there at the discussed time. The pricing on the cake was very reasonable. She did an excellent job, and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Tammy,
    thank you so much for your kind words! It was my pleasure making this cake.

Jessie · Married on 05/11/2013

Thank you so much Magda! You were great! It was so easy to meet with you and you always got back to me. The cake was beautiful and just what I wanted. And it was just as delicious! We had to hide the small anniversary cake, because someone tried to cut it and eat it once the rest of the cake was gone!

If you live in Magda's area, you should use her for special events. She was great and the cake was perfect!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Magda's Cakes's reply:

Jessie, thank you so much for your nice words! It was my pleasure meeting and working with you.
    M.

Miriam · Married on 05/04/2013

Very personable and super understanding, did a super wonderful job on my cake, delivery was great. and the thought and care place into making my cake was perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • F

Felicia · event on: 03/10/2013

This cake was absolutely amazing. The flavor was out of this world and the overall look of this cake was beautiful. Even family members that don't usually eat cake had to try this and they loved it. I will definitely buy more cakes from this business.

Sent on 03/11/2013

Felicia,
    thank you for your fantastic words!

Pierce · Married on 02/10/2013

Maghda's cakes was a real pleasure to work with. Her creativity is exceptional.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Caren · Married on 08/17/2012

I hired Magdas Cakes to do my Daughters wedding cake. I also do cakes but I just couldn't get everything done in time. I was so worried about having someone else do my cake because I have been disappointed in others in the past. I would use her again in an instant! I was so pleased with the cake. So delicious! She showed her professionalism in design, taste, and delivery. If you are looking in this area please check out Magdas Cakes. You will be very happy if you do! Try the cupcakes too! Magda, You ROCK!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Magda's Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your fantastic review, Caren!

Anne · Married on 05/12/2012

Absolutely, no exaggeration, the best cake ever, both visually and taste. The entire family devoured a LOT of cake and cupcakes at our wedding. All the cupcakes had different fillings, luscious toppings and decorations, very moist and tasty. We had the wedding cake with whipped cream and fresh fruit filling in the layers, white chocolate buttercream on the outside, chocolate ganache draped over the top and decorated with multiple kinds of fresh berries.

I HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Magda's Cakes's reply:

Anne, thank you so much for your nice words!

Gorgeous cake! We met Magda in person and designed the cake together. She was very flexible and creative. As we told her details of our wedding and style, she was able to help us design the perfect cake to match. The pictures from the wedding with the cake are so pretty!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Great product! Would have liked a drawing or picture of the ideas for the cake before complete. But it tasted wonderful!

Sent on 08/21/2013