51 Reviews for Made From Scratch Catering

Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Tables (1)
50 Made From Scratch Catering Reviews

Made From Scratch did an AMAZING job!!! They were very flexible with our smaller budget and we got all we wanted and more. The food tasted fantastic and the buffet set up beautifully. We had brought our own drinks and they even offered to set them up for us. The staff that was there from start to finish really made our day special. They served my husband and I so we did not have to get our own food. As people finished, they cleared plates off tables and were able to move the buffet quickly to make room for our dance floor. Towards the end of the night they continued to help by cutting cake and eventually tearing down and helped with cleanup. Service was above and beyond our expectations and we HIGHLY recommend Made From Scratch for budgets and venues of any kind!!!

Profile Picture Rose, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Buffet, Cake Cutting

If you want delicious food and professional staff for your wedding you need to call Made from Scratch! All of our guests were raving about the food and the kindness of the staff. Lauren Dillon was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with in every way. During our first meeting another staff member, Erin helped us filter through all of our ideas to come up with great food choices and then Lauren helped us put our decor ideas into play, dealt so professionally with all of our last minute changes, met with us whenever we requested, and made our wedding day so special. They staff that worked the day of the wedding/reception were so sweet to all of our guests and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 9/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, American

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Made From Scratch. They were so amazing to work with from the first interaction throughout the wedding. Lauren was extremely helpful. We were so pleased with every detail and they really worked with us to stay within our budget. Our wedding reception was PERFECT and the customer service at Made From Scratch is beyond compare. THANK YOU so much to the team from Made From Scratch! Our experience could not have been better. Highly recommend this caterer.

Profile Picture Julie, 5/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Specialty Beer, No Pork, American, Italian

Made From Scratch catered my daughter's wedding in April. It was nothing short of amazing. We didn't have to lift a finger during the planning process or at the wedding, things just went seamlessly. I am so appreciative for all of their guidance from start to finish. Our guests raved about how delicious the food was and the wedding cake was to die for (we were still hearing praise at Thanksgiving). I look forward to using Made From Scratch again for our next family affair and have already referred family and friends.

Profile Picture Kim, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Carol Chivington did an OUTSTANDING job helping to arrange the rehearsal dinner and the Wedding Reception. The food was amazing and Carol's special touches on the buffet and ballroom were incredible. Carol did a fabulous job on coordinating the cake, floral's, linens, specialty decorator, DJ, specialty drink of the evening, coordinating with the facility and bartenders. CAROL IS AMAZING. Thank you Carol xoxoxoxo

Profile Picture Lynn, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Tastings, American, Local, Signature Drink

Lauren Dillon and the Made from Scratch team were such a pleasure to work with for our ceremony refreshments, cocktail hour and reception. They made the planning process fun, efficient and enjoyable by working with us to create a custom menu to best fit our our taste, accommodate our guests, enhance the setting of our location and fit within our budget. The mini honey and brie grilled cheeses, lump crab cakes, specialty cocktails and s'mores bar were a crowd favorite!
The onsite staff were beyond friendly and created a seamless execution for our special day. I highly recommend using their bakery partner Carol, she was kind, honest and experienced. In just one meeting and a few inspiration photos she designed the perfect cake! It was beautiful and most importantly delicious!
Thanks again to the team for their professionalism, patience and variety of options to make our special day magical!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, American, Local, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Made From Scratch did an AMAZING job on the catering for our wedding. We were so fortunate to have Carol Chivington working our wedding and we simply cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her team. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments on how good everything tasted. I am vegetarian and a lot of my bridesmaids have dietary restrictions, this was no problem for Made From Scratch. Additionally, Carol was so responsive to emails and worked with us to make several revisions to help keep us on budget. Carol also did a beautiful job with the decor on the serving tables-everything was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Emma, 8/29/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Made From Scratch did a fantastic job with our wedding. Lauren Dillon was our consultant. She responded to all my emails the same day, she set up an amazing tasting experience for us, and she made us feel like family.

The food was amazing and we received compliments from several of our guests. The food we had at the small tasting actually translated wonderfully to a large scale production.

They were extremely flexible and helpful the day of the wedding and the wait staff was attentive and very nice. I would recommend this caterer to everyone.

Profile Picture Shannon, 3/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Made from Scratch was fantastic! We decided to do a buffet "barbeque" dinner for our outdoor June wedding and Lynn did a great job helping us put together the perfect menu.

The food itself was delicious - we were incredibly impressed at the private tasting and the food the day of the wedding was just as good. Everyone raved about the brisket!

Lynn was responsive and patient as I requested details and tried to make incredibly important decisions like serving 1/2 or full portions of meat, haha.

The day of the wedding, MFS staff exceeded my expectations. The set-up of the buffet area was beautiful and fit in perfectly with our rustic theme. Our guests were extremely impressed with the bartender and his fast service as well.

Booking MFS was one of the easiest and best decisions I made for the wedding!

Profile Picture Julie, 6/28/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The MFS team was wonderful for the entire process! They catered our wedding ceremony at Franklin Park Conservatory and they made the venue look beautiful and were so helpful. The staff was incredibly friendly and made everything perfect! The food was also amazing! I couldn't stop eating it! Lauren was so organized through the entire process and answered all of my many questions graciously and patiently and had many wonderful suggestions to make the day perfect. We also had their baker make our wedding cake and it was honestly the best wedding cake I've ever had. Carol did a great job decorating and it was absolutely beautiful. I HIGHLY recommend MFS and their staff. You won't go wrong!

Profile Picture Andi, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

The buffet table was a wonderful center piece itself. The staff was very friendly and listened to details, the best part.....the food was delicious! I had many compliments on this!

Profile Picture Cassie, 11/2/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We worked with Lauren Dillon at Made From Scratch and she is INCREDIBLE. Professional, personable, friendly, "cute as button" as my husband would say, and most importantly, she catered to us. Hats off to their chef, the food was delicious. We had crab cakes, deviled eggs, chicken crips, fruit, and bruschetta served during our cocktail hour. During the brunch recpetion there was apple stuffed french toast, bacon, eggs, breakfast potatoes, and an assortment of muffins and scones. We received nothing but high prasies about the food, especially the french toast. Working with Made From Scratch was truly a pleasure we will never forget.

Profile Picture Jamie and Adrain , 9/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our wedding wouldn’t have come together without Kimberly, and come together it did! Other vendors couldn’t grasp or accommodate our American-Ukrainian needs. Kimberly did what no one else could – she understood and brought our vision to life. Even when we struggled to figure out what we wanted, she knew exactly where to turn and what to suggest; she knew what we were trying to build better than we did ourselves! Everything was beyond perfect. We had the freedom to incorporate recipes and experiment. We wanted to create an event that would be familiar and pleasing to our family and friends from Eastern Europe, without inadvertently alienating American palates. Kimberly helped us create an event our guests are still raving about, down to every last detail, including wine and vodka bottles on every table, and even an additional spoon, allowing guests to use either a fork or spoon for dessert (Europeans use spoons). Our food was better than I imagined catered food could be – we had duck confit with lingon berries as one of our appetizers, I felt like a queen! We had a chef who plated the food on site, and our beef was cooked to medium perfection. Nothing was “warmed over”, and everything was made from the freshest ingredients. we loved working with Kimberly personally. She brought all her experience and knowledge to the table, but struck a perfect balance between giving advice and not stepping on anyone’s toes. We had met with so many coordinators who were good at saying they’d help us create our vision, but never seemed to offer any ideas that weren’t just bland, predictable options. She expertly balanced the concerns of different members of our families, advised us when she thought we were running up a large bill, helped us find deals, and helped us understand the pricing and staffing that’s so abstract on paper. Thanks to her, our wedding was a fairytale! Благодаря ей, наша свадьба была сказкой!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Carol and Made From Scratch were nothing short of wonderful. Our wedding was an absolutely perfect day thanks to the help of Carol and MFS. We have only positive feedback regarding the service provided prior to, on the day or after the wedding. Carol and the Made From Scratch team went above and beyond to meet and exceed expectations and truly made the day so enjoyable for me, my husband, our families and guests. Carol took extra time to work with us at the tasting to get a better idea of what our vision for the wedding was and what type of food we like to eat and gave us fantastic suggestions (to match our palate and budget) that came to fruition on the actual day. We had backyard wedding with a large tent for the reception and Carol went to great lengths to help us put together the best set up for both guest flow and food and beverage service. Carol did an AMAZING job decorating the buffets to exactly match the décor of the day. She put a lot of extra time, thought and energy into making them absolutely gorgeous and guests are still commenting about, not only the food, but how beautifully it was set up and presented. She is a truly thoughtful and kind person; I cannot imagine the whole wedding experience without her.The MFS staff is very professional and courteous. They, like Carol, did so much to assist on the day to make it absolutely wonderful-from assisting with the ceremony set up to setting and decorating the tables & bar for the reception, providing fantastic service for cocktail hour and dinner to the most personable (and best!) bartenders you’ll ever meet, preparing and serving delicious (and hot!) food to a crowd of over 200 to helping tear down the entire reception and taking the trash with them (this is a big deal when the wedding is in your parents’ backyard)–I cannot say enough good things about the food, staff and company. We are very pleased we chose MFS to be part of our special day and highly recommend Carol and her team for your celebration!

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/15/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

They were great with all the pre-planning meetings and the day of their staff was wonderful to work with. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Erika, 5/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The staff was very friendly and my consultant was a pleasure to work with. The food was great!

Profile Picture User2618798, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

My daughter got engaged June,2011. We immediately scheduled appointments with different caterers from several companies. Having no clue to all of the details involved in planning a wedding I began to feel quite overwhelmed until we went to Made From Scratch. Kimberly Frank, the event planner, met with us and promised to take us from A - Z. We were immediately convinced that MFS was our choice. My stress level from that point on was definitely lowered. The reception was held at Franklin Park Conservatory. The Grand Atrium was transformed into something beyond our imaginaions. Kimberly designed the draping that made the room look absolutely elegant. Her creative ideas were unlimited. We had a quesadilla bar as a late night snack and an ice cream bar which was also a big hit. Thank you Kimberly for making my daughter's wedding a dream come true!

Profile Picture User1610201, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

We had an outdoor, tented wedding with 175 people. As you can imagine, coordinating catering for an outdoor event requires hundreds of details are considered and everything is executed perfectly. Working with Carol put our minds at ease that everything would go smoothly. Nothing was too big or small for Carol to consider and she helped us save a good deal of money with her suggestions for this and that. Her team was just wonderful - tending to our every need, and more importantly to the needs of our family and friends - and we had the most joyous day ever and did not worry about a thing! I could NOT recommend Carol more strongly for your celebration!

Profile Picture Haley, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I really appreciate all that MFS did for our reception. Everything was wonderful-the decor, the food and the cake. People are still raving how beautiful everything was and that the food was the best they ever had! Thank you Carol and Krysten for making our wedding day that much more special!

Profile Picture Wendy, 7/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Fabulous! Wonderful and professional service!

Profile Picture User2553792, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our wedding reception was absolutely perfect! It was held at the Ohio Bar Assoc. and the decor of the room was breathtaking!! All of the AV equipment was coved with draping and lanterns and the pattern dated drapes were covered with beautiful gold material. You would have no idea that it was a very large "classroom" because it looked like a ballroom. The FOOD was FANTASTIC. Everyone commented on how lovely it was displayed (we had stations) and how delicious everything was. It was soo good that they ate everything and enjoyed every bite! The wedding cake was the best that I have ever had. A funfetti cake had always been the bride's flavor and Carol did an unbelievable job. Everyone I talked to had a piece and claimed that they usually never eat the cake, but it was sooo good they couldn't resist. The staff at the reception were constantly working and helping our guests with drinks, hors d'oeuvres, cleaning tables and carrying food to their seats. They did a magnificient job and were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely use Made From Scratch again when I need to host a party, whether it be large or small. Kimberly Frank was our coordinator and she went totally above and beyond to make the reception the dream that our daughter had always had. I would be happy to talk to anyone that is considering using Made From Scratch or Kimberly Frank. They did an UNBELIEVABLE, FANTASTIC, BEAUTIFUL and SCRUMPTIOUS job.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Made From Scratch was committed to making sure my day was perfect. I worked closely with Carol Chivington to ensure every detail was executed just as I had imagined. Carol and her team had the capability of being able to turn my vision into a beautiful reality. The food, the service and the event execution were flawless. It's great to hear friends and family talk about how amazing my wedding was. I need to give tons of credit to Made From Scratch and the talented, Ms. Carol Chivington!

Profile Picture Autumn, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Tastey food served hot! Great to work with.

Profile Picture User2762434, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Love Kimberly and the entire staff we met at made from scratch. The food was great the staff was very professional. They took care of everything the day of the wedding. Kimberly was so great she had great ideas and even, she made me feel so comfortable and was very honest about the ideas i had. I would definitely recommend made from scratch to my friends and family. We will definitely use them again in the future for any catering needs. Carol craig made a wonderful tasting and looking cake i couldnt have asked for a more perfect day all the help of Kimberly and her staff!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/19/12, 2 Reviews