Adventure Instead Reviews

Adventure Instead 5
Adventure Instead 6
Adventure Instead 7

Chelsea · Married on 04/25/2015

I'd give this lady 10 stars if I could. We made the decision to travel to her home state, Colorado, for a small wedding with just family. We planned the wedding in 5 months, and as nervous as brides get before the big day, my anxiety was heightened due to the extensive traveling and preparation to get married in a state I've never been, and with vendors I've never met in person.

Maddie honestly eased many of my fears, answered all my questions in a timely fashion, and gave me loads of advice. I gave her the task of photographing us in one location, and then taking couple photos in another, 45 minutes away, due to accessibility issues with relatives. She did everything with ease, and even escorted us to our other location, which we ended up changing at the last minute because we were not used to high altitude and I was nervous about the hike.

Besides her obvious and mind-blowing photography skills, she was also a really down-to-earth person to be around. She made us feel incredibly comfortable, which is why you can feel the authenticity in all her photos. I've received countless compliments on my pictures (like, people saying they have never seen more beautiful wedding pictures, ever). You will NOT regret booking her, promise.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/28/2015

When choosing a photographer it was very important to me that we chose someone I felt comfortable around, that I would enjoy spending my wedding day with and that would stress me out with the schedule. After shooting our engagement photos I knew Maddie was the perfect fit. She keeps the day moving without making everyone feel rushed and ordered around. She has a great sense of humor and takes incredible photos. We had an amazing day and are so, so thankful to have such a beautiful collection of photographs to look back and remember it by. She is very on top of asking you your preferences and really getting a big picture sense of what you are about so she can get just the right shots. It was such a pleasure working with her from beginning to end!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Steph · Married on 08/23/2014

Amber was awesome. She made us feel so comfortable. You would think meeting a stranger for the first time and then having them follow you around for a few hours would be kind of awkward. However, she was so easy going and really made our day amazing. We were coming in from out of town so she spent time giving us tips or suggestions. I think our pictures really show how comfortable we felt - there were no stiff poses, but just natural and happy! She gave us a sneak peak before we even boarded the plane and the rest followed in time frame she gave us beforehand. It was completely worth the investment and we would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2014

We loved Maddie as our wedding photographer! She was so much fun! It's so easy to work with her, you cant help but smile and look good! :) We did our engagement pictures and wedding pictures with her and we loved how they turned out!!! She took all the pictures we asked for and so many more. Her creativity is amazing and truly gives you one of a kind pictures!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Bethany · Married on 06/03/2017

I was so ecstatic to have my favorite photographer willing to photograph MY wedding! I just couldn't believe I had gotten so lucky, as her shots on her social media pages were to die for. I had a short engagement--4 months! I booked her about 2-3 months before the actual date,and she made it work by squeezing me in. She was so sweet to be willing to do this for one of her biggest fans! She made sure to have me fill out forms on what exactly I expected of my pictures, so that we were both on the same page. She had me fill out who I wanted pictures of, what I wanted pictures of, and what the whole timeline was like. She almost doubled up as a photographer AND wedding planner for me. This was huge, as I was planning the whole thing by myself! The fact that she was even willing to photograph my wedding was so meaningful, because her true love is elopements, so I know her booking me was straight from her heart. It truly meant the world. Now for the actual day of, she was just so fun to work with, and really made Noah and I feel special about our relationship. She told us multiple times how beautiful of a couple we were and how she could see the love we shared was so brilliant. We felt so honored this day because of her! It took a little longer than expected to get our pictures back, but this was due to all of the summer weddings she was working on, so I was not upset at all, and totally understood. She even gave us $100 of free prints for waiting! We were able to order two, large scale, gorgeous pictures from her with that money! Our pictures are beyond perfect. They are easily the best they could have been with what we were working with (two not very model-esque people, haha). She made our wedding day look like an absolute fairytale, and I could not have dreamed of having better pictures than what we ended up with. I am so so so grateful for the beautiful images we now have, commemorating our day.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Sam · Married on 06/10/2017

Maddie was the best photographer we could have ever hoped for! Her work truly inspired our entire wedding. Maddie was very easy to work with and was always willing to offer any ideas and suggestions when we wanted them. Day of she was very professional and our photographs turned our WONDERFUL! Would not have asked for anything else.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Lindsey · Married on 06/04/2018

3.5

Where do we even begin? Working with Maddie was a fantastic experience. We were planning an intimate wedding to take place in Colorado from the east coast and she made planning so easy! Maddie gave my husband and I multiple “venue” options, a great local vendors list, and help with obtaining our marriage license. Our pictures were to die for! We love them & loved getting to create them with her. Maddie made the entire process comfortable and fun. We didn’t get to meet her in person until the actual day of our wedding & you would’ve thought we were meeting an old friend. We are so grateful to have found Maddie & would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Jenna · Married on 09/06/2015

Maddie did our engagement shoot and blew it out of the water! We immediately hired her for our wedding. Her personality is the best, and everyone in our wedding party thoroughly enjoyed her. She turned out some absolutely beautiful wedding photos for us. Her creativity is beyond belief, and she personally scoped out great locations in downtown Fort Collins to shoot our urban wedding photos.

Our only complaint was that we thought the second photographer was going to stay for the reception, so we were sad to not have more photos of our guests.

All in all, it was a great experience working with Maddie. She's an awesome person and a talented photographer!

Sent on 10/27/2015