Adventure Instead Reviews

Adventure Instead 5
Adventure Instead 6
Adventure Instead 7

Rachael · Married on 05/10/2017

Not enough stars for this amazing human being. We are a same-sex couple and things can get awkward, especially with people in the wedding business. That was 100% not the case with Maddie. She made us comfortable and made our day so special. Wouldn't have wanted anyone else there.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Emily · Married on 05/10/2017

If there were more stars available, I'd rate Maddie even higher. She is an unbelievably talented, patient, sweet, involved, professional, top-rate photographer. My wife and I hired Maddie for our elopement in Italy and it truly could not have been easier selecting her, arranging things with her, and ultimately having her throughout our wedding day. She is so incredibly knowledgeable on her equipment, backdrops, angles, all of the things a good photographer should know. What makes Maddie really stand out though is how she truly cares about the people she is working with. She always tries to capture personalities rather than just snapping photos. I am going on a bit but I truly believe this woman is an outstanding photographer. My wife and I still (half a year later) comment on how happy we were to have Maddie with us on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Lindsey · Married on 04/04/2017

You can't help but be truly impressed by Maddie's exceptional photography; her talent is undeniable! When I first met Maddie in preparation for a client's wedding, I was immediately impressed by her authenticity which is a shared value we connected on through working together. As a Wedding Planner who values strong communication and attention to detail, it was a breeze working with Maddie who manages her work to high standards. During our first collaboration, we faced weather challenges and because of her professionalism, and positivity, we worked to find quick solutions and managed to keep the event on time. The couple was thrilled with their wedding day experience thanks to Maddie's teamwork. I highly recommend Maddie to couples looking to create an intimate and authentic wedding day.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Erica · Married on 03/26/2017

While waiting for my fiance's visa to be approved so he could enter the United States, there wasn't much about our wedding that I was ready to or able to commit to. The exception was Maddie. When I saw Maddie's photos of previous elopements, I knew we had to have her at our wedding. I wasn't sure when Adrian would arrive, so I couldn't set the date, but Maddie was flexible and worked with me through the entire process; despite the fact that we only had a concrete date weeks in advance.

Maddie is a photographer; however, she somehow managed to also play the role of wedding planner. She helped me find an epic location for our snowy elopement, and she also brought the most amazing bouquet I have ever see from Fort Collins to Telluride for me. I can't imagine every bride can put so much trust into their photographer, but that's what you get when you hire Maddie.

Maddie captured every single moment of our special day. She spent time capturing the groom getting ready, just as she did the bride (and believe me, my husband loved getting his photo taken!) She took the time to get to know my family members' names, and she even ate dinner with us, making sure to capture every moment! Maddie was ever so prepared for our snowy elopement with her own snowshoes, and we really had an epic adventure with her, which resulted in photos that sincerely take our breath away.

Maddie was ever so patient and understanding as I took breaks to warm up, and my husband used snowshoes (and saw snow) for the first time. Not to mention, she's also bilingual, which means my husband was able to speak in his native language on our special day.

I can't think of a negative thing to say about Maddie. She made our day feel as special as an elopement should feel, and she gave us the wedding photos of our dreams. 7 months after our wedding, we're still drooling over her amazing work.

Sent on 10/30/2017

David · Married on 02/23/2017

Maddie did a wonderful job photographing our elopement in Estes Park - the shots she took turned out to be absolutely stunning! We were hesitant at first to include a photographer with our two person ceremony, but Maddie turned it into an amazing experience that we will remember forever. Neither of us had worked with a professional photographer before and she made us feel very comfortable and guided us through the morning helping us get the 'look' we were hoping for, the shots turned out to look natural and fun. Really couldn't be happier with the experience. Thanks Maddie!!

Hailey · Married on 11/01/2016

Planning our elopement from Australia was something my husband and I were really nervous about. We wanted to have our dream wedding but with the time difference and logistical problems of being half way around the world we were pretty unsure how to make our dream a reality. Thank god we found Maddie. I knew from our first skype call that we were going to choose MADDIE for our photographer- she has a really down to earth yet professional nature and we right way trusted her to create and capture on of our most special days.

I was really excited to meet Maddie after talking to her so much before the wedding. I knew she'd be awesome but I guess I wasn't prepared for what a pro she was. She wore these holster like things across her body with cameras attached and switched memory cards and lenses like a solider would change a rifle clip. She rolled her pants up and got in the muddy water to capture so amazing shots and directed our wedding in such a seamless manner that felt SO natural!

Having photos that accurately captures our day was extremely important to us because we were eloping just the two of us. No one was going to be there to see us get married so it was important to us that the day was captured accurately and fully so our families could see our wedding day. Maddie was a huge part of our wedding because she was the only one there aside from me and my husband but she naturally blended into the background and allowed us to spend our wedding day focusing on each other. My husband and I just went about our wedding day taking a bit of direction from Maddie but mostly just living in the moment and being ourselves, so unlike a lot of our friends who have extremely over posed photos. I can't recommend Maddie enough!! If you're looking for a world class photographer who truly cares about you and your wedding day Maddie is for you.Thank you Maddie for being such a huge part of our wedding we are forever grateful.

Allison · Married on 10/24/2016

I'm SO thankful we found Maddie Mae when we did. She was the perfect addition to our special day and I can't imagine it w/o her! She took our average wedding and kicked it into high adventure mode making our day phominal! She was very responsive and easy to work with in the selection & hiring process. She explained her process very well and we knew exactly what to expect. She listened to our ideas, vision and clearly communicated her interpretation of it, as well as took it to a whole new level. Maddie was very organized, detailed and professional, making our wedding feel unique and like the most important thing she had going this month. We even ran into trouble with other areas of the wedding and she offered to assist in giving us referrals and assisting in a "back up plan". She was calm, upbeat and reassuring right up to wedding time. We can't say enough good things; she was with us every step of the way (but never in an annoying camera in your face way). She kept us all laughing and relaxed (even having a bride/groom/photographer pep talk while working in -10 windchill in the high altitude) for the most epic pictures. Hire her, spend the $$, trust her-she is beyond anything we could imagine for a elopement photographer and we couldn't of imagined our day w/o her. Maddie made our wedding an adventure and a day we will never forget!
    -Allison and Danny RMNP 10/24

Erin · Married on 06/25/2016

Maddie Mae was so, very great to work with! We had great communication all the way from booking until the day of. Maddie helped form our wedding day into a unique and memorable day that completely reflected our relationship. The pictures are worth so much more than any number of words. They so eloquently capture the essence of our love for each other and honestly we couldn't be any happier. This is especially impressive given the initial hesitation on the part of my new husband who was more than a little 'iffy' on the process/first look idea. She eased any anxiety or worries we may have had. She is a true professional from start to finish, she takes the time to really get to know you and want you want out of the experience. Her photo taking skills are second to none and she knows exactly how to get the best out of you on your day. Thank you, thank you, thank you, is all we can say!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Brooke · Married on 06/17/2016

Sometimes it's clear when someone has found their calling in life. So so true for Maddie. She was absolutely amazing. Her work speaks for itself. Gorgeous, magazine ready photos. But beyond that, she cares about your wedding day and works to make your vision a reality. My husband hates posing for photos but she made it so natural and fun that he enjoyed every minute of it on our wedding day. Thank you Maddie for giving us the best day ever - and amazing photos (and video!) to remember it by.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Leslie · Married on 06/11/2016

Maddie is amazing to work with! My husband and I felt so at ease with her at our first meeting and knew we had found the right photographer. We were a little nervous about having pictures taken, but Maddie made us feel so comfortable so that we could completely be ourselves. Taking pictures was so fun and stress-free! She also worked extremely well with our families and wedding party to create wonderful group shots. Maddie was truly able to capture our relationship and the photos are beautiful! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Maddie was very exciting and fun to work with. She did an excellent job of shooting out wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Danyelle · Married on 04/23/2016

Maddie is an INCREDIBLE DESTINATION WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER! Maddie exceeded our high expectations for her! She is amazing to work with and took incredible photos that we will cherish forever. From the very first time I contacted her, I knew she would be our photographer. She has an efficient process and makes a real effort to get to know the couples she works with. After we booked, she sent us a fun questionnaire. It forced us to write down our thoughts about each other, our relationship, and the vision we had for our wedding/future. I'm so happy I have an archive of our thoughts/feelings leading up to our wedding that I can always look back on. We had a 40 person destination wedding in Costa Rica. She showed up and we were thrilled to learn that she speaks FLUENT SPANISH. Talk about a major bonus! We had a hotel wedding planner, but she wasn't good and I honestly don't know what she would have done without Maddie-she was basically our photographer and wedding planner. On our wedding day, Maddie was a total pro. She was ORGANIZED, THOROUGH, and EXTREMELY THOUGHTFUL. We discussed a plan ahead of time and she executed flawlessly. She captured amazing photos that we couldn't be happier with. She spent so much time and care making sure we got AMAZING photos and focused on what she knew was important to us. She made us feel comfortable, natural, and totally at ease. She has a unique style and her love of nature and people shines through in her photography. Her photos are bursting with color/depth. We received an day-after adventure shoot in our destination wedding package, so we hiked to a secluded waterfall. The waterfall pictures turned out SO GORGEOUS! It was just me and my husband in this amazing tropical location... No crowd, no make up, no stress. We really enjoyed the experience. I could not be happier with how our photos turned out and the whole experience of working with Maddie. I would go out of my way to recommend her to anyone!

Katie · Married on 04/16/2016

Maddie is genuinely the kindest person you will ever meet. Her virtues are so true and she deeply believes in the concept of eloping and you can see that from her photos. We haven’t even received our sunrise elopement album yet but I am leaving this review now because she meant that much for us (plus I know they will be amazing). She felt like family just tagging along with us on our hike and even tolerated our high maitenance loud mouth dog! She is so knowledgeable and great at what she does. If I could give her 400 stars I would!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Britta · Married on 12/14/2015

If you want an amazing adventure photographer who can make your wildest wedding dream a reality, you have found her! Maddie was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end. She was very communicative & truly cared about the vision I had for my winter elopement photographs. She made my husband and I feel very comfortable in front of the camera and stopped at nothing to get that perfect photo. I would HIGHLY recommend choosing Maddie Mae Photography if you want gorgeous photos to last you a lifetime.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Jordan · Married on 10/10/2015

Maddies photos were amazing and so worth it! Maddie was professional and wonderful

Sent on 12/02/2015

Kelsie · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I decided last minute to get married on an already planned vacation in February 2016. One look at Maddie's website and we were totally sold. We contacted her with three weeks until the actual wedding day, which seems stressful, but Maddie made it SO EASY. We weren't quite sure where we wanted to have the elopement, and she sent us an initial email with several well thought out ideas and locations and even included photos from each if she had been there before. We ended up choosing St. Mary's Glacier, one that she suggested, and it was PERFECT. My husband and I talked later about how amazed we were that we didn't feel nervous the entire day. She made us feel super relaxed and awesome, which truly showed in the photos. They were seriously STUNNING and captured us perfectly, and even got some super adorable photos of our dog. She is incredibly talented, helpful, energetic, and worth every penny. We hope to work with her again in the future--it was truly a perfect, stress-free, fun day! We were only sad that we didn't have more time to spend with her!!

Maddie, thank you SO much!
    - Kelsie + Tyler 2/17/16

Daniel and Bekah · Married on 08/30/2015

Maddie did a phenomenal job taking our wedding photos. She touched base with us very early on to see what our expectations were and any other specific requests we had regarding our photos, schedule, and venue.

The day of the wedding she went above and beyond to make sure she captured every moment. All of our family and friends were included despite the difficulties presented due to the shear number of people and their ability to communicate. The photos included were dynamic and consisted of a vast assortment of settings and emotions.

Maddie has the unique ability to make the people she is taking photos feel especially valued, important, and "looking good". She is very positive, encouraging, and simply loves the work she does. It is so apparent that she is passionate about her work and no one will be disappointed with not only the photos they receive, but the overall experience they are given with Maddie Mae Photography! We love Maddie!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Lyndsey · Married on 08/02/2015

We heard of Maddie Mae Photography through a Facebook Ad promoting a deal of booking her as a wedding photog by December 31, 2014 and receive a complimentary engagement session. As this was very intriguing we checked out her website. The pictures we saw were real, adventurous, nature-oriented and GORGEOUS! We ended up booking her with NO hesitation.

We were given a very good insight of Maddie and her style through our engagement shoot. Neither my husband or I had prior modeling experience, but with Maddie we were given just enough relaxed instruction which resulted in beautiful pictures to say the least.

Maddie did a great job in keeping in touch with Chance and me, as well as our wedding planners, from the time we booked her to the wedding.

One of the "small" things that I found to really go above and beyond was the fact that she brought a Wedding Emergency Kit. Anything you could possibly need, unopened/brand new for each wedding, was ready for possible use. My MOH actually ripped her dress in the bottom and the sewing kit came in very handy!

By the time the wedding day came I was confident she knew exactly what Chance and I wanted and needed in our wedding day photos.Maddie was a joy to have at our ceremony and reception. She blended in just enough as to not be a "nuisance" and stood out just enough with her awesome personality to make all of our guests fall in love with her! She surpassed our expectations by miles and we couldn't be more impressed.

Thank you Maddie for photos/memories that we will cherish for a lifetime, we are forever grateful!

Christy · Married on 08/01/2015

Maddie did an absolutely wonderful job as our wedding photographer, the photos turned out incredible! I am so thankful that I chose her to capture our special day!
    She was very friendly, clear, and professional on all the occasions that we met up to plan the day, she took a fun and memorable engagement shoot for us, and was early to start taking photos on the wedding day, keeping up on schedule while helping me not to feel rushed or stressed. She did an amazing job keeping our wedding party and large family photos organized and flowing. I definitely recommend her to anyone who wants photos that they can keep looking at and showing people for a lifetime-you won’t regret hiring her!
    Thank you so much Maddie, I LOVE our photos!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Canace · Married on 07/26/2015

We are both overjoyed by the pictures. The way you captured the fun of the day was amazing. And you made me feel and look so beautiful. Words cant express how ecstatic we are with every single picture....it is going toe so tough to pick our favorites from them! I kept going to them all day today and it brought back such great memories and was great to see the moments we didnt get to experience and see!

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2015

In late June of this year my husband and I decided we didn’t want to wait any longer to be married and knew we wanted something unique and fun. So we got online and googled National Parks in Colorado, we literally picked a random spot, googled a few pictures and thought Estes Parks was beautiful and wanted to elope mountain top there. After finding the place we googled near photographers and I am so thankful we found Maddie. Her work is so beautiful. After browsing her blog we knew we had to have her take our photos. We gave her the reins on where exactly to have our ceremony in the park and she DID NOT DISAPPOINT! She wasted no time and drove an hour out of her way with a friend just to find the perfect location. On the day of the wedding she showed up at 6am (bless her soul) and the day was perfect. She has a heart of gold and an amazing personality. She does not disappoint.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Candace · Married on 07/18/2015

We couldn't have found a better photographer, Maddie is absolutely amazing at what she does! When planning for our wedding my now husband and I agreed that a photographer was one of the most important details. When we found Maddie we knew that she was perfect. Her fun loving spirit knew exactly how to capture the true us. From engagement pictures to wedding day, she far exceeded our expectations. I can't help but look through our pictures so often and continue to be awed by her work. Our family and friends cannot stop talking about our gorgeous pictures either. Not only that, but she makes it easy to download your pictures and have them ASAP after the wedding. Needless to say Maddie is top choice and we cannot thank her enough for everything. Her work will leave you speechless!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 07/02/2015

Maddie was wonderful to work with. When we weren't sure where to have our engagement shoot, Maddie offered many ideas and helped us choose the one right for us. Maddie created business cards with a photograph from our engagement shoot for our guest so that they knew how to access pictures from the ceremony and reception once they were available. From the simple contract, her day of direction and presence, to her timely and well done website where the photographs are available, Maddie's work is thoughtful and beautiful.

Kara · Married on 06/23/2015

As soon as I saw Maddie's work of other weddings, I knew she had to be the one to photograph our special day! She was the only photographer that was willing to meet with my husband and I, to discuss specifics before we had signed any contract. Upon meeting with her, it's clear that her services are an incredible value and through the whole planning process she repeatedly, down to the very last second of it all, went out of her way to make sure that our day went perfectly! Words cannot describe how thankful we are that we met Maddie and what an honor it was to have had her as part of our wedding day. The pictures are spectacular- Phenomenal value, so personable, creative, and SUCH great customer service! Our Family will be enjoying these for years and years to come! Thanks Maddie!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Maddie was the absolute best! Her pictures are stunning. We will treasure the memories she helped us create for a lifetime. Beyond the pictures, Maddie helped me find great vendors and she even helped me lace up my dress! She is fun and professional. She is also super adventurous. She took pictures of us standing in a lake with our tux and dress on! This was something I wanted to do and she was all for it! She was an absolute pleasure to work with. We are very pleased with the value we received. I will be recommending Maddie Mae Photography for years to come!

Sent on 07/08/2015