Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering Reviews

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 2
Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 3
Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 4

Tessa · Married on 10/19/2013

I had my wedding reception at Maceli's, and it turned out better than I could have hoped for. The place was decorated beautifully, and they made sure everything was in place. Lara worked so well with me and provided outstanding service. Lara was always there for me and made sure that my reception was perfect. I still have guests telling me that place had the best food they have ever had at a wedding reception. I have people commenting to me that the space was perfect and everything was so delightful! I am truly glad that we had our wedding reception at Maceli's and that we were lucky enough to have Lara help us with everything! Maceli's is overall a spectacular venue with a great group of people working there, that truly want the best for their guests.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Anne · Married on 10/12/2013

We had a great experience when working with Maceli's for our wedding ceremony, reception, and Sunday brunch. The staff was professional and organized and they helped us through the whole process. The venue itself was beautiful and the food was amazing. My bridal party got ready in Maceli's "bridal suite" which worked out great. I would highly recommend Maceli's to other brides getting married in Lawrence!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Tiffany · Married on 09/29/2013

Everything and everyone was wonderful! We were so pleased with the service and staff! Steve was awesome!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2013

Maceli's was the perfect place for our reception. The Staff was very accommodating and friendly. The food was amazing and I still have guests tell me it was the best food they ever had. The venue is very modern with a beautiful mezzeraine. If you are getting married in Lawrence stop looking this is your place!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Tiffani · Married on 09/14/2013

We've received nothing but rave reviews from our guests about the food Maceli's catered for our wedding! In fact, our only challenge was narrowing down our selections after the tasting we attended--it was ALL that good! Steve officiated our ceremony as well, and everyone was quite impressed. He really encouraged us to personalize everything, which made it all so much more meaningful for us--and our family. With Lara coordinating all the details before our big day, and additional staff making sure to meet our needs during our wedding reception, we felt very well taken care of. We highly recommend Maceli's to anyone in the Lawrence or Kansas City area--you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/14/2013

We were extremely pleased with the venue, personalized service, quality of the food, assistance with decorating and every aspect of working with Maceli's. it was the perfect wedding venue for us. We were able to relax and enjoy every moment!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Jamie · Married on 09/07/2013

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Maceli's without any issues or worries. They were with me every step of the planning process and made sure everything was perfect. Staff, food, and service were amazing. Venue is absolutely gorgeous with excellent location and plenty of parking. For everything you get, price is very reasonable compared to most places. I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Susan · Married on 08/24/2013

Everyone was very professional and helpful. Lara went out of her way to help with anything and everything she could. I was able to enjoy the evening knowing she had taken care of every detail. The food was excellent and there was more than enough of everything. The bar staff was quick and I don't think anyone had to wait for drink. They had more than enough staff behind the bar.
    From the very first time we met with the staff to the very end of the night I felt that Maceli's has a "what can we do to make this a perfect night" attitude.
    I would highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Phyllis · Married on 08/03/2013

We could not have asked for a better caterer than Maceli's at our daughter's wedding reception and that is why we rated them excellent across the board. Throughout the planning stages, the catering manager was very thorough on what services would be provided and helped us select foods that would meet our budget. They provided a tasting event that was very helpful. On the day of the reception, the catering manager was present the whole time making sure everything went as expected. The food was excellent, staff very professional and efficient. We were very pleased with Maceli's and highly recommend them to future clients.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Lindsay · Married on 07/20/2013

We had the most amazing rehearsal dinner at Maceli's. The food was amazing and the event space was perfect for our party. We also had Maceli's cater with three other food vendors for our wedding and everyone raved about their food. They were such a pleasure to work with and were on top of all details at all times. I recommend to anyone to use them for any type of event. They have the best staff, delicious food and were extremely professional.

Sent on 08/09/2013
  • User3692014 · 2+ years ago

I had a very positive experience with Macelis. I started with Kasey and switched to Lara halfway through the process due to Maternity leave. Both were very responsive, helpful and dedicated to accommodating me in every way. I was a little nervous when i was told I would be switching event coordinators, but the transition was incredibly smooth. One thing that I appreciated the most was the direction I was given for my menu. I felt clueless. The menu advice I was given was confident and honest enough, that I felt at ease. I'm glad I trusted them because everyone complimented the food. In fact, I think I got more compliments on the food than on my dress! :) They also did a great job coordinating with my venue, which i found relieving.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Macelis is not only professional and efficient but there is a high level of creativity and attention to detail
    that we found throughout the entire experience. They are always working on improving and
    making changes to better serve their clients. One of the helpful things that Macelis does is to offer
    a monthly tasting party for those who have an event planned at their venue. We definitely took advantage of these evenings and were able to choose a very delicious meal for the wedding. There were too many compliments to even count!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Kaylee · Married on 07/13/2013

Maceli's is amazing! It is absolutely beautiful, food is phenomenal and staff is great! I had so many compliments throughout the wedding night! Our reception was absolutely perfect and if I had to do it over again, I would always go with Maceli's!! :)

Sent on 07/18/2013

Aaron · Married on 07/12/2013

Food, bar service, ceremony, clean bathrooms, knowledgeable and kind staff... everything at Maceli's was wonderful. Steve and Lara acted with professionalism and courtesy. The venue is just modern enough with a touch of class and offers fun lighting options and a great dance floor. I can't recommend Maceli's highly enough for any special occasion.

Sent on 07/16/2013

Alyssa · Married on 05/25/2013

Maceli's was a pleasure to work with! They met - and by far exceeded any and all expectations I had. We had a lot of compliments on how delicious the food was and how helpful the staff was. I can't say enough how wonderful it was to work with Lara and Steve! They were both helpful, accommodating and went above and beyond what I asked for!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Lauren · Married on 05/11/2013

Lara and all the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The owner even stopped what he was doing after we were finished setting up to take a group picture. The food was delicious and served nicely. They even gave us the leftovers to take home!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Kelsie · Married on 03/23/2013

Our reception at maceli's was perfect. They worked well with our outside vendors and friends who helped with our reception so we had nothing to worry about. The table settings were elegant and the napkin color we chose fit perfectly with our theme. We had our buffet on the dance floor, and the transition from dinner to dancing was seamless. The lights behind the dance floor made for amazing pictures and just a fun atmosphere. The upper mezzanine was a great area for our guests to relax and have a cool vantage point. Love the venue, love the food, love the staff.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Elaine · Married on 01/19/2013

Maceli's takes care of everything. You really feel like you can truly enjoy the moment with no worries. The food is fantastic! A great place to have a wedding/reception.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 12/28/2012

Maceli's made everything very easy. The room was beautiful and the food was delicious.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Diana · Married on 12/12/2012

We cannot express how impressed we were with Maceli's. We hosted our daughter's wedding reception at the venue including dinner, drinks and a dance. The new expansion of the venue easily accommodated all of our guests and is beautiful for decorating. The entire planning process was actually fun thanks to the expertise of Kasey and Steve. They believe in professionalism which is reflected in the wonderful job their entire staff did throughout the night. The dinner was amazing; everyone was raving about the food. We could not have been happier with how the event turned out and wish to thank Maceli's for making it happen. It was truly a pleasure working with them.

Sent on 12/20/2012

Christina · Married on 12/01/2012

Maceli's is such a great catering service. In addition to my wedding, I've been to a number of events where Maceli's was the caterer. The food has always been exceptional, the service wonderful - they really know what they are doing over there. I would highly recommend them to any bride wanting to use them or their facility for their big day.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Stephanie · Married on 11/03/2012

I cannot say enough great things about Maceli's. They are so professional and really have this wedding thing down. Working with Kasey was great, she answered my emails quickly, was happy to put up with all my indecision and changes, and made sure that my day was just what I wanted. They schedule tastings once a month and they are really fun and a nice opportunity to try several different choices. They set up different tables with all the different levels of service so you can really tell what it will look like on the day of. They were also kind enough to accommodate two special diet requests which I thought was above and beyond. The space looked so beautiful on my wedding day and everyone was quick to say how nice it was. The food was awesome, it tasted great and the presentation was amazing. Not one person said their dinner wasn't good. The food came out warm and everyone got what the ordered. No mistakes were made which I thought was amazing because we had almost 200 people there for a plated dinner. The staff really took their time and made sure everything was right. The execution of my event was perfection, I had the most perfect wedding day and it was in large part due to Maceli's great work.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Marcel's provided us with the perfect wedding venue we could not have been happier. Everyone could not stop complementing us on the food all evening. Steve and his team were incredibly helpful. Even with the construction going on in the venue I was presently surprised at how smoothly the event went off. This is much to do with the professionalism of the staff. Thank you so much for a perfect wedding/reception.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Our reception could not have been better. Outstanding food and service!
    Macelli's staff was great to work with, from the beginning to end! I highly recommend them to any bride.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2012

Steve & the staff at Maceli's are awesome to work with. The year leading up to my wedding, they were very helpful and kept in contact with us. They are very straight forward. We had no hidden fees at the end of the day which is something I've known other brides to run into at other venues. Everything was absolutely amazing and I believe if it weren't for Maceli's awesome service my wedding day wouldn't have been as wonderful as it was! I have gotten multiple compliments on how gorgeous the venue is and how awesome their food was!!!!

Sent on 09/05/2012