M Reed Photography Reviews

88 | Marietta, PA

88 Reviews for M Reed Photography

Emily · Married on 04/20/2013

Melissa Reed did a fabulous job at taking photos of us, our wedding party, and our guests at our wedding!!!!

Sent on 05/11/2013

Courtney · Married on 04/19/2013

Loved, loved working with Melissa. She is so friendly, professional, and fun...but kept everyone moving along to get all of the pictures taken! I am beyond happy about all of the pictures! Her pricing is extremely reasonable, and she gives you a CD or USB of all of your pictures, you really can't ask for more than that! If you're in the market for a photographer, definitely go with Melissa, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/05/2013
  • User2207497 · 2+ years ago

Melissa was an absolute pleasure to work with. We first met her for our engagement session and immediately felt at ease. She has a wonderful and caring personality, and we could tell she absolutely loved her job. She took her time to make sure our poses were perfect, as well as our clothing and accessories. She was on time and eager to start working. The day of our wedding, she showed up early to preview the venue and get ideas on where to take photos. She started taking pictures earlier than her start time. She was friendly and patient with our bridal party and families. She was quick to return the finished photos to us on a beautifully decorated CD. Her photos were amazing. We absolutely recommend Melissa for engagement, wedding, family, or any kind of photos!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Alisa · Married on 10/14/2012

Melissa is truly amazing! From our first meeting to our engagement pictues and then to our wedding day, she captured every moment! I really love that we got our pictures back so fast and we have the rights to the cd and pictues. Also I love that we saved a lot of money from her great deals! M Reed Photography is the way to go for any professional pictures! Melissa will be my first call when I need pictures done again!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Kimberly · Married on 10/13/2012

We LOVE Melissa -- she does fabulous work and makes you incredibly comfortable. My husband and I are not photo-people, but I really wanted engagement pictures and wedding photos and he obliged. We contacted Melissa b/c of the great reviews we found, and set-up our engagement photo session which we then rescheduled twice b/c my husband was too nervous. Melissa was extremely accomodating, and took care of making sure we could use a venue for our photos and suggested a second location that had a beautiful covered bridge. She made us both feel very relaxed and we both had a wonderful time and got some awesome pictures that we both love.

Our wedding was just as perfect. She arrived on time for pre-ceremony photos and took some very fun shots of the guys getting ready and fooling around. In my planning crunch I forgot to make a photo list for Melissa, but she didn't even blink, and captured photos of all the little details and made quick work of the formals we wanted. She also helped out when we had a wedding cake disaster, pitching in to help make it look presentable.

I don't think I even saw her during the ceremony and reception-- she blended in while getting some terrific ceremony shots and according to guests was all over the reception room. She got great photos of every single guest, which I included in thank you cards, and took some awesome action photos of my step son and other guests on the dance floor. We got a ton of feedback from guests about how nice and sweet and wonderful she was -- and we couldn't agree more.

My husband calls her a miracle worker because he loves our wedding photos, and we never in a million years thought we would. We will definitely be working with her in the future.

Sent on 11/15/2012

M Reed Photography provided photography services for our recent wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased with the work that was done!

We first worked with Melissa in June to complete our engagement pictures and the experience was easy and fun - the photos were amazing.

The wedding day experience was the same. Melissa communicated with me three weeks before the wedding to finalize all information and photo requests. Having this task done in advance gave me more time to focus on other items as the wedding got closer.

On wedding day Melissa was there early, scouting the venue, and right on time for photos to start. She got along well with all of the vendors, friends and family and moved easily among everyone to get great formal and candid shots. It’s worth noting that even the bride’s father was impressed – not an easy feat.

It rained on and off during the wedding day and Melissa did a great job getting the indoor and outside shots that we wanted. When the sun did come out for five minutes, Melissa grabbed me and the groom for some formal (and some funny) sunset shots.

Melissa will provide you with beautiful high resolution images with sensible touchups. She has a great eye for photos! Melissa is easy to work with, reasonably priced and has the personality to work with any group of people. At the end of the day, everyone was excited to see the pictures.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Hannah · Married on 09/15/2012

My husband and I couldn't be happier with Melissa and her photography. Not only are all of the pictures of our wedding fantastic, it was like having another friend there to share our special day.

She is so passionate about her work that her enthusiasm is contagious. We had a small outdoor wedding in a local park and she perfectly captured the feel of the day in her pictures. She also allowed us to get as many pictures of just my husband and I as we wanted, which was very important to us.

If I could go back to that day, I wouldn't change a single thing. Melissa is wonderful. She was a joy to work with, our pictures are fantastic, and we received them very quickly! I am so happy she was able to photograph our wedding, and we both look forward to working with her again in the future.

Thank you, Melissa!!

Hannah and Randy Haldeman

Sent on 11/12/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/08/2012

Great Photographer...professional, flexibe and very responsive to what the bride and groom want! She looked for the candid moments and included all aspects of the wedding! Great Job

Sent on 09/09/2012

Jodi · Married on 08/18/2012

My husband and I met Melissa to discuss our wedding needs. We instantly fell in love with her ideas. We decided to have our engagement pictures done by Melissa as well. We were so happy that we did. We had so much fun with both the engagement and wedding pictures. Melissa has an awesome personality and she captured our goofy personalities in the pictures. She has a wonderful eye and knows exactly what pictures to take. She is professional but what we loved is she is also down to earth and fun. We would recommend her for all your photography needs.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Christina · Married on 07/14/2012

Our experience with Melissa could not have been more perfect. From our first meeting to our final email, Melissa's passion and hard work showed true. She was very easy to work with and open to suggestions of poses I really wanted to capture on my special day. As soon as she arrived at the ceremony the pictures began. I love having candid shots along with the professional posed pictures. It is so wonderful that Melissa gives all of her clients the rights to their own pictures becasue she captured all of the special moments of my wedding day it is hard to narrow down the ones I want printed! Thanks again Melissa for capturing all of our special moments!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Rachel · Married on 07/07/2012

Melissa was PERFECT!! My husband and I loved what she did with our engagement and wedding pictures so much that we plan to go to her annually for anniversary pictures and family pictures when we have children. I can't rave about her enough!! I've recommended her to everyone I know that is engaged, and will continue to do so until I'm blue in the face. Melissa did such a wonderful job of making us comfortable and kept things fun and stress free. I knew that our pictures would be amazing. Her turnaround time for getting our pictures to us was wonderful, and we are SO THANKFUL that Melissa gives the rights to us for our pictures. That meant that we could print the pictures ourselves, which saved us a TON of money. MReed photography is the best out there. Period.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Emily · Married on 06/23/2012

Melissa is wonderful! My husband has epilepsy (a slight case) and she was willing to make sure we got great shots even if he had a slight seizure. She was also willing to let our friends and family take pictures of our poses, as well as suggest poses. She was very willing to work with everyone to make sure our day was special. We will definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer and will keep her in mind for our future events.

Sent on 07/17/2012

I would recommend Melissa to anyone! She is incredibly professional and friendly. She was very flexible (even when it started to rain at our outdoor wedding and reception). She has a true passion for what she does and it shows in her work. She is very timely, our wedding photos were finished and delievered to us exactly as scheduled. Our wedding party, family, and guests are still commenting on her amazing ability to capture the moment so beautifully. She is willing to go to great lengths to capture your special day! We will be visiting her for all of our formal photographs.

Sent on 07/14/2012
  • Jami

Jami · Married on 06/09/2012

I truly can not say enough good things about Melissa. She made us all feel so comfortable while taking our pictures that you barely knew she was taking your picture. She took my husband and I out in the field and took some amazingly romantic pictures after our wedding. She captured every moment of our special day for us and I could not have asked for a better photographer or person, she truly felt like family by the end of the night instead of just another vendor. I can't wait to have her take our family photos this fall!!!

Sent on 06/09/2012

Krista · Married on 06/09/2012

When looking for photographers for our wedding, my husband and I were concerned with two big things - quality and budget. We found several photographers on the knot and had started the process of emailing and calling to each. Melissa just happened to be the first one we had actually met with and when we did, we cancelled all our other appointments. After walking out of the meeting, we just knew she was the one that we wanted to work with. She is friendly and organized, and took beautiful pictures!
    We scheduled an engagement photo session with her, since I had read many things stating that it was a good idea to get to know your photographer before the wedding. That just further reaffirmed that we had made the right choice. Our pictures turned out amazing, and Melissa was wonderful to work with! When our wedding day came around, my wedding photographer was one of the few things I was not stressed about. Melissa showed up and dove right in. She captured moments that I didn't even realize that she saw. She really went above and beyond the entire day, and when we got the pictures back, we saw that she really captured our personalities and the whole feel of the event. Looking at our pictures was truly like looking at a photo journal of an event. And they were beautiful!
    My husband and I agree that Melissa will be our go to photographer for all of our life events. She is a joy to work with!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Katie · Married on 05/27/2012

I can't say enough good things about our experience working with Melissa. From our engagement shoot in March 2011 through our wedding in May 2012, we've had nothing but positive experiences with her. Her prices were so great we actually decided to bring her to our NJ wedding rather than pay for a local photographer, and everything we have recieved has been top quality. We've gotten so many compliments on our pictures, as well as her professionalism the day of the wedding. She was so discreet during the ceremony that several people actually asked if she took pictures of it at all - a nice change from so many in-your-face photographers these days! We can't wait to call Melissa in the future for other photo-worthy events!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Khoan · Married on 05/20/2012

Melissa was the perfect photographer for us! We had a very laid back May wedding and Melissa was very flexible and accommodating. We normally aren't very photogenic, but she made us both feel so comfortable and we had so much fun with her. She had such a great attitude and had such a fun personality. I have a large family and she was so patient taking pictures of all of them. We got our pictures back in less than 3 weeks and they look amazing! Definitely check her out!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Meghan · Married on 05/12/2012

I would absolutely recommend Melissa Reed to anyone looking for a fantastic photographer! From the very first time we met, Melissa was so helpful and made sure that we were 100% happy with everything. She was very accommodating when I had to brings my kids to our meeting and was absolutely fantastic with them! She traveled to York County for our engagement photos as well as our wedding without hesitation. She was more than willing to try different photo ideas I found online and took my suggestions about locations for our sessions. I wouldn't think twice about getting Melissa to do future family photos for us. She is definitely our first choice! Thanks Melissa!!

Sent on 06/02/2012

Lindsay · Married on 04/21/2012

I loved my wedding pictures!!! Melissa did an amazing job and I am so happy I went with her. Every photo i wanted she had captured and I was stressed that day with trying to think of poses or which people were to be in the photos because she had all of that down! I had alot of people compliment my pictures and my bridal party loved that she was fun and very easy going. My nephew she got to smile even though it was way past his bed time. I am so happy with everything she did and i couldn't be more grateful! I will definitely go with her if i need anything in the future! Thank you so much Melissa!!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Keri · Married on 03/24/2012

Absolutely PERFECT!! I would not change a single thing!! Melissa was extremely professional, yet personable and a joy to work with!! She somehow added to the joy of the evening but was never "in the way" either! The pictures are beautiful and even our guests have commented on how wonderful she was! We will DEFINITELY be going to her for our future photography needs!

Sent on 04/14/2012

Kate · Married on 12/31/2011

My husband and I were married on New Year’s Eve and we hired M. Reed Photography to take our pictures! I was lucky enough to find Melissa Reed when I went to a bridal show at the Antique Auto Museum last year. Thank goodness I found her because she exceeded our expectations as a photographer. Throughout the last year, Melissa and I stayed in contact to discuss plans for the wedding. She was very accessible and easy to work with. The day of the wedding, Melissa was energetic and showed a sincere interest in our marriage. She was extremely supportive and encouraging and she made the day run so smoothly. Melissa went above and beyond throughout the day to capture each and every single moment of the special event. She was able to capture the moments without us evening noticing! Within a couple of weeks, Melissa had all of our wedding pictures ready for us and we were incredibly pleased with the outcome. M. Reed Photography had captured ALL of our precious moments, and even moments we didn’t remember!
    The day of your wedding goes so quickly and you pray that you’ll be able to remember everything, but it’s simply impossible. We were so thankful that we had such an amazing photographer that was able to capture the memorable moments of our day without us having to worry about a thing. Our pictures turned out so beautifully, and it’s all thanks to M. Reed Photography and Melissa Reed for being so incredible. We truly believe that the photographer is one of the most important members of your wedding party, as that person is the one that will help you to remember your wedding day for the rest of your lives. We thank you, Melissa, from the bottom of our hearts, for making our day so memorable, and catching all of our special moments on camera! Thank you!

Sent on 02/15/2012

Nicole · Married on 10/22/2011

Melissa was wonderful to work with. Not only did she take exceptional photos on my Oct. 22nd wedding, but she was more than willing to help with other things that still needed done. My venue wasn't exactly what I had planned, but she was able to help me with my girls and move things from room to room when needed. I adored working with her and my guests enjoyed her as well. I loved the fact that she had gotten pictures of some intimate moments when I hadn't realized she was there. I was really excited when she told me she was game to leave my venue and take pictures at another location. She was more than accommodating and willing to do whatever I wanted to help capture my special day. I recommend her to everyone getting married and she also did my little brothers senior pictures. I had a fantastic time and thanks to her I have wonderful photos to reflect upon for years to come!

Sent on 11/11/2011

Katie · Married on 10/01/2011

When first looking for a wedding photographer, I wanted to find someone who, in meeting and talking with, could understand what we wanted to see and have to look back on from our wedding day. Melissa was easy to communicate with, and I could tell from her presentation that she enjoyed her work and that she was knowledgeable. We had a rainy day wedding and were not sure if we would be able to get outside for pictures, but Melissa was encouraging and willing to work with us in that. So when we saw our chance, we took it and were able to get the outside pictures at the location we wanted! We feel that she was very accommodating and courteous. We have great shots from the many events of the day, and have had guests comment on how pleasant Melissa was to interact with. We are definitely pleased and love how our wedding photos turned out!

Sent on 10/28/2011

Cara · Married on 09/24/2011

I looked around at a few different photographers in the area and Melissa was, by far the best in price. Even though that is what initially made me contact her, after meeting her in person, I just knew that she was someone I wanted to share my special day with. She was so kind and was willing to do what I was looking for. The day of the wedding, she couldn't have been nicer & in all the chaos of the day, she kept me calm and directed us on where to stand for our photos. I just received my photos from Melissa & they were even better than I"d ever imagined they could be. I would 100% recommend her to anyone & everyone i know that is getting married. Thank you Melissa, for everything, so glad you were there with us on our wedding day...

Sent on 10/07/2011

Rebecca · Married on 09/17/2011

Melissa is truly wonderful. We are actually not from the central PA area but we had our wedding there, making finding wedding vendors particularly stressful. After reading lots of positive reviews here we contacted Melissa and we are so grateful to have found her! We used her for our both our engagement photos and our wedding photography.

She is genuinely super nice and we weren't the only ones who thought so, I was repeatedly told by our guests how nice she was to them. And my friend who had recently gotten married herself was completely blown away and jealous of the sheer amount of photos that were taken.

What I particularly enjoyed about Melissa is that she was game for anything. We took her to some weird places and she was completely unfazed! She took photos from all sorts of different angles, whether she was on the ground or up on a step-stool. She has a great eye for photography!

My husband and I love each and every one of the photos that she took from both the engagement photos and from the wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/27/2011