M Reed Photography Reviews

88 | Marietta, PA

88 Reviews for M Reed Photography

Kayla · Married on 06/14/2014

Melissa was fantastic!!!! She is personable and funny and knows exactly how to take a photo that will come out amazing! Working with Melissa has been one of best experiences of planning our wedding and our wedding day! Our photos look amazing and I have already been telling people to hire her!

BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER OUT THERE!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2014
  • User4191822 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I were fortunate to have received wonderful service from all of our wedding vendors. However the vendor that most surpassed our expectations was our photographer Melissa Reed with M. Reed Photography. We selected her unlimited photography package and she was snapping photos of us from 10:30am to 10:30pm. She took over a thousand photos and we’re not even exaggerating. She must be some kind of super human because our guests were amazed by how she never missed a photographic moment. We’re not sure if she went to the bathroom or ate for 12 hours because she was so busy taking pictures.

Thank you Melissa; we’re in awe of your work ethic and we are IN LOVE WITH OUR PHOTOS! We have so many amazing pictures we are having trouble identifying our top 100 for a wedding album. We have HUNDREDS of favorite shots!

We highly recommend M. Reed’s wedding photography!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Alayne · Married on 05/17/2014

Melissa was wonderful to work with! She responded to all questions and emails in a timely manner. More importantly, she was a fantastic photographer, she captured the essence of our wedding in every picture! We just received the USB yesterday (under two weeks time to get the pictures!!!) and I can't stop looking at them! Melissa is a pleasure to work with; sweet, and you can tell she absolutely loves her job and capturing memories on her camera. I would recommend her to anyone and I will definitely be using her in the future!! Thank you Melissa!!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Cherish · Married on 05/10/2014

Melissa was amazing! My husband and I both from the time we met her at his sisters wedding absolutely fell in love with her, she makes you feel so comfortable, which was awesome because we never took professional pictures ever. She was on time, and took more then what was told for pictures. She was also very flexible with time. She has such a bubbly personality that puts a smile on everyones face. our engagement and wedding photos are amazing and it definitely is proof of how much she loves her job! We will definitely be using her in the future!!!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Cara · Married on 05/04/2014

Melissa was wonderful to work with! She kept things fun and yet professional while capturing the special moments on our day.
    She had done our engagment photos which turned out great and then the pictures for our wedding two weeks ago and we were not disappointed in the least! They are beautiful!
    I highly recommend using Melissa for whatever your photography needs are and will be recommending her to our personal friends and family.
    I hope to work with Melissa again in the future!
    Thank you so much for all of your work!

Sent on 05/19/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/12/2014

Melissa was the first and only photographer that my husband and I met with. She is very kind and patient and her personality just makes you want to work with her. Last year I asked her last minute to postpone our engagement pictures and she was more than accommodating. When it came time for the engagement session we were amazed at how quickly she worked and at how comfortable she made us feel. It was very important to us to get pictures taken with our dog and Melissa was more than happy to do this for us. Our dog tends to bark a lot around people but Melissa still made sure we got good pictures. She even held his leash at one time to take more pictures of my husband and I.

On our wedding day Melissa was very professional and we received many compliments from our guests at how attentive she was. There were even pictures of myself that I didn't know she had taken. Despite losing some time due to a tuxedo mix up with my husband and father Melissa still made sure that we had plenty of bridal party pictures as well as pictures of my husband and myself.

My husband and I would not hesitate to recommend M Reed Photography. We are more than happy with our decision!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Lisa · Married on 04/06/2014

Melissa was the first photographer I met with and she gave such a great first impression that I cancelled all the other meetings! She was the perfect fit for us - very warm and fun (absolutely one of the nicest people I've ever met), but professional and super organized/prepared as well.

When it came time to do our engagement photos I was excited - and so was she! It felt like she'd known us all our lives and was just as excited as our family and close friends. The experience was a blast! She had great ideas and was receptive to ours as well.The result was a bunch of beautiful photos!

She was very good about following up regarding the information she needed for the big day, but was not pushy at all. Like I said she is super organized which was a great help from a month before right up to the last song. When she came up to the dressing room she had a huge smile on her face and it was like our engagement photos were taken the day before and not 6 months prior. I think it is important to note that she was there to take photos, but she was basically like an additional bridesmaid and wedding planner as well! She helped keep me calm, made me feel beautiful, made comments that made me feel good about all the hard work I put into the decorations, and even gave us direction when we weren't quite sure what was supposed to happen next.

We had a tight timeline and both Melissa and Yoko, the second photographer, were fantastic the entire day! Between the two of them we got over 1,200 GORGEOUS photos! They included every photo that we wanted and so much more.

I would recommend her services in a heartbeat. Not only for weddings but any occasion that can/should be photographed!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Stefanie · Married on 02/21/2014

After meeting with Melissa only once, I think both me and my husband knew that we wanted her for our photographer. The meeting went so well, and she showed us so many awesome pictures that she had taken at previous weddings, that we knew it had to be Melissa taking our photos. And you could certainly tell that she had the experience and professionalism from the get go. I also knew from that initial meeting that with her experience, I as the bride didn't have anything to worry about, and trust me when i say, that makes a world of difference. The only thing I had to provide to her was our family names, schedule for the day, types of pictures we needed/wanted done as far as family photos go and what time for her to start for our special day. I really had nothing else to worry about and Melissa really goes above and beyond! On the day of our wedding, she took every picture you would ever want/think of and trust me, they will turn out amazing, with an artist touch! Our pictures turned out so beautiful, we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 03/09/2014

Melissa · Married on 12/13/2013

From the very first meeting with Melissa, my fiance and I were incredibly excited about finding her. Her bubbly personality and innovative ideas make for amazing pictures. She knew how to keep everyone excited and feel at ease in front of the camera all at the same time. We chose to do our engagement pictures and wedding pictures with Melissa and will be utilizing her for all of our future photography needs. During our wedding day she was everywhere capturing every important moment for us.
    Melissa's prices are amazing especially for the extremely high quality of her work. We are excited to use her again in the future!
    Melissa and Daniel Randolph

Sent on 12/28/2013

Jessica · Married on 11/16/2013

We loved working with Melissa. She was very flexible and willing to travel for our engagement photos (especially since we had to reschedule due weather!) and was willing to come anytime for the day of our wedding. She was always easy to get in touch with and was always on time for our appointments.

During our wedding and reception she was worked non stop to capture so many great memories of the day. The turn around time for our photos was remarkable and most of the time I didn't even realize she was capturing the pictures. She also was able to incorporate a lot of my matron of honor's ideas for photo poses, which was wonderful. We love that she provided us with all the pictures on a flash drive making it so simple to print our memories.

Melissa's passion, hard work and dedication to the couples she works with definitely comes through in her work and will capture all the details of someone's big day.

Sent on 12/07/2013

Jill · Married on 11/02/2013

We really enjoyed working with Melissa. From our engagement photos to our wedding day, she was very professional and enthusiastic. She was very helpful on the wedding day and always had a smile. She kept the photo times running quickly and smoothly and we actually were not running behind schedule. I would recommend Melissa to anyone!

Sent on 11/24/2013

Vicki · Married on 10/19/2013

Our photographer was just amazing! We met up with her to see some of her recent work (at that time) and not even half way through her presentation, we were hooked. She has that photojournalistic style while accommodating any other requests. We did an engagement session with her and had so much fun! She is energetic and isn't afraid to branch out and try new kinds of angles. It made us feel quite comfortable for the wedding day.
    Melissa got our engagement and wedding photos back to us in less than two weeks from each event!
    During the ceremony, I barely knew she was in the room; so quiet and swift. During the reception, Melissa captured all kinds of things that went on! If I saw something happening that I wanted captured, I grabbed her, told her and she was all over it!
    We are so thankful we had a photographer who cared as much as she did. Our parents loved her and said they never saw a photographer work so hard at a wedding! Big thank you!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Jennel · Married on 10/12/2013

Melissa is wonderful! From our first meeting with Melissa my husband and I knew she was a great choice to photograph our wedding. She is very friendly, flexible, easy to work with, open to questions and suggestions, and did her best to give me exactly what I was looking for in our pictures. I had many comments from guests at our wedding about how much they were impressed with Melissa - and we actually had our pictures done ahead of schedule giving us more time to spend with our guests! I was also more than happy with how quickly we got our pictures after the wedding. I highly recommend M. Reed Photography if you're looking for a great photographer and pictures you will treasure for a lifetime!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Heather · Married on 09/28/2013

We could not have asked for a better experience than we had with M. Reed Photography! Melissa was an absolute joy to work with. She first caught my eye with the awesome reviews that I read about her. After our initial meeting with her, we made sure we snagged her as our photographer. She was always very prompt in returning any emails and answering questions that we had. Melissa wrote up a timeline for the day of our wedding, and made the 'picture taking process' a breeze. She has a great personality, and worked very well with our wedding party and our families. We've been to a wedding where the bride and groom missed out on a good part of their reception because the photographers whisked them away for pictures - definitely not Melissa's style! We haven't received our pictures yet, but there is no doubt in my mind that they will turn out great! I would definitely recommend M. Reed!!!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Paige · Married on 09/27/2013

Melissa did an excellent job with our wedding photos. The wedding flew by but she did a great job of helping us get all the pictures we requested in a short amount of time. She also was very respectful and mindful of our requests. We told her we didn't want to spend too much time taking posed pictures after the ceremony so that my husband and I could join right in with the cocktail hour and reception, and she expedited the process very efficiently and all the photos still came out great. She is very professional and was also able to put up with and accommodate for our families wacky sense of humor.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/21/2013

I am truly happy with the services and photo quality from Melissa Reed Photography. The value of her photography packages is unrivaled. My first experience with Melissa was during our engagement photo session at the Philadelphia Art Museum. She was so creative with staging a variety of scenes and was very energetic. She was very patient throughout the shoot and had great suggestions. Prior to the wedding day we confirmed a scheduled timeline for the entire wedding day which kept everything very organized. We had the unlimited package so Melissa met us at the salon for some fun getting ready photos. During my interactions with Melissa, I felt more like she was a friend of mine taking the photos. She was very down to earth and easy to work with. We had very limited time during cocktail hour for formal photos but she was assertive in directing our family and friends to make the most of the time. I am a very particular person with high standards and Melissa surpassed my expectations. The day went by so fast and I honestly don’t remember that much of it. It is really wonderful to have all these great photos to look back at and treasure during our life together.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Riannon · Married on 09/14/2013

Shortly after getting engaged, I started to search for the perfect photographer that could capture engagement pictures and our big day. I stumbled upon Melissa's profile on the knot and contacted her right away after seeing her shots. We met soon after, with my loud and opinionated girls in tow. Melissa was so understanding of our questions, concerns, and showed her enthusiasm for her craft. Leaving, I knew she would be the perfect fit. Our engagement pictures were fun and hassle free, and we received those pictures back quite quickly. When the wedding came, she was professional, and honestly, blended into the background (unlike horror stories you hear of people getting in your face). My husband kept commenting that he didn't mind getting his picture taken for once and that Melissa made it "painless". She kept us laughing and helped us remain calm at times of stress.

Overall, I highly recommend Melissa. She does great work, is professional, timely, and you receive amazing quality pictures of the most important parts of your day.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Holly · Married on 09/08/2013

Working with Melissa was wonderful! She took a lot of time with us to discuss different photo options and our preferences on our wedding day. She was very organized, and responsive. She had great ideas for poses and the photos that she took of the setting, such as pictures of the dress, venue, rings, etc were exceptionally beautiful! Looking through the photos I was able to re-live the day and pick up on the little details that I missed in all of the excitement. I also loved how she would stop what she was doing and snap a picture of our children if she saw them doing something funny or cute! Overall we had a wonderful experience and will likely work with her again on pictures of our children!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Stacey · Married on 09/06/2013

My husband and I originally met with Melissa to have our engagement photos done, but we had already contracted another photographer to shoot our wedding. We were so impressed with Melissa and her work that we jumped through all of the necessary hoops to back out of our contract with the other photographer and use Melissa instead, and I would say that it was one of the smartest decisions we made regarding the wedding.

Melissa really got a sense of our style as a couple before the wedding so that she could capture our unique personalities in her photos. Her attentiveness shows in her work. She was just as comfortable with formal photos as she was with sillier poses and candid shots. She coordinated very well with our on-site planner and our DJ to make sure she was in the right place at the right time to get the ideal shots. She made sure to get plenty of candid photos throughout the evening, and we are so glad she did because, as the bride and groom, you're so busy you sometimes miss moments you wish you hadn't. Thanks to Melissa, we have these memories forever.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Alisha · Married on 08/17/2013

I knew from the moment I met Melissa that I had to have her as my wedding photographer. After my mom and I had met Melissa, we talked about her the rest of that day. I hadn't met with any other photographers, but really didn't feel like I needed to and my mom had felt the same way. This was only after meeting her! I saw some of her work online (on her website, facebook page, etc.), but this feeling that I had came mostly from her comforting personally. Something about her made me feel confident about booking her for my wedding day. We scheduled an engagement shoot with her and this gave my husband a chance to meet her. Well, needless to say, he felt the same way. She has a way of making you feel very comfortable in front of the camera(and that is something that I am not!). We received tons of beautiful photos from this engagement session and wasted no time in booking her for the big day!
    Fast forward a couple of months to one of the most important days of my life(August 17, 2013) and Melissa was there every second of it. From beginning to end she was there to capture it all. Guests kept coming up to me asking about her because they were able to see first hand how fantastic she was. She seemed to be everywhere all the time(I know seems impossible, but she did it!). We had a backyard wedding at our house and Melissa worked with us to capture great photos both at the house and at another location! Not only did we ask her to take photos at other locations, but we threw in two children(ages 2 and 3) and a dog! Melissa handled it all perfectly and we received amazing photos. She really went above and beyond in every way possible.
    It is obvious in the photos you receive how passionate Melissa is about capturing these important moments for you. If you want someone who wont miss a thing, is creative, makes you feel comfortable and who will give you amazing pictures for you to treasure for years to come, then HIRE MELISSA NOW!!!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Stacey · Married on 07/20/2013

I couldn't be happier with M Reed Photography! Melissa is not only fabulous to work with but the end result, the photos, are amazing! Melissa is friendly, easy going, prompt, full of ideas, and willing to turn your ideas into a perfect photos. She rolls with the punches and pays attention to details. Her photos are vivid and natural - not overly photoshopped. The bride and groom are given the copywrites to the photos so that they can do with them anything they want, which is a great quality of M Reed Photography. Happy Happy Happy!

Sent on 08/13/2013
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 06/07/2013

Melissa of M Reed Photography was a fantastic photographer! She was so easy to work with and very flexible on her availability and on photo ideas! I had the opportunity to have engagement, boudoir and wedding sessions with Melissa and it was such a wonderful experience. She has such a passion for what she does and she loves taking very detailed shots of both the bride and groom and also every little detail of the day! Melissa also does a great job of incorporating your friends and family into the photos and she doesn't miss one single second of your special day! After your event, Melissa is very prompt and quick about getting your photos back to you. I had all of mine within one week and she gives you all the copyrights to all your photos on a CD and or USB drive. I would hire M Reed Photography again in a heartbeat to take photos at any of my special occasions and for all of my family photos in the future! She was a pure pleasure and joy to work with!! Our wedding day events were all captured and because of her, our day was all the more special!

A very happy and pleased bride,
    Lindsay
    Lebanon, PA

Sent on 07/02/2013

Melissa is awesome!! She is such a sweet person not to mention excellent photograpgher. My husband and I used her for our engagement pictures as well as our wedding. You only get married once so pay the price and get the unlimited package its well worth it. I swear she captured every second of our wedding. We had a videographer who ended up being pretty annoying and in the way and Melissa was so nice and worked with him, even though he was constantly in her way. You wont be sorry if you use Melissa!

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 05/26/2013

My husband and I hired Melissa for our May 26th wedding. Melissa did both our engagement portraits and our wedding photography. Additionally, Melissa’s sister did photography at our rehearsal dinner.

I can’t say enough about Melissa. She was an absolute joy to work with in every way. She is incredibly professional, efficient, and skilled at her craft. She went above and beyond what I would expect from a photographer. On the day of my wedding she helped keep everything calm when we got a little bit behind schedule. She was able to do all of our formal portraits in a short amount of time. She is great at posing people and giving direction. Additionally, she worked very well with my other vendors, which was a pleasure to see. She and my videographer worked together to get great shots of my dress and the bridesmaid dresses. I truly felt as though Melissa cared about making my wedding day the best it could be.

Melissa’s work speaks for itself – our wedding pictures are plentiful and beautiful. We received over 1,200 photos from our wedding day!!! We have received so many compliments on the photos already and I just received the link for the photos a few days ago. I also received several compliments from my wedding party and guests about how much everyone enjoyed Melissa.

What makes Melissa so special is that she isn’t just a photographer. She has a wonderful demeanor, she is incredibly helpful and calming, and she makes you feel so comfortable when having your photo taken. Additionally, she is an excellent communicator. She always responded very quickly to any questions I had, and that was extremely helpful during the wedding process.

I would recommend Melissa hands down to anyone looking for a photographer. I couldn’t be happier with her work and I look forward to hiring her again one day in the future for family photos. :)

Sent on 06/12/2013

Leslie · Married on 05/25/2013

I am a photo MANIAC, so of course while planning my wedding a photographer was a top priority for me. When I first heard of Melissa, I gave her a call and I ended up talking to her for half an hour. She had such a great personality! I went for our engagement photo session with her and I was hooked, I HAD to have her capture my Big Day! She did not disappoint! She was with me all day, from the salon where we got our hair done to us leaving the venue at 11 at night. She captured every single moment I could have wanted her to capture. She had fresh, creative, fun, new ideas for photos. She kept us laughing, and our guests adored her! She has this energy about her, you can just tell she loves what she does. Every time throughout my reception when I saw something happen and thought, "Oh, I want a photo of that!" She was there, snapping shots. She was quick and efficient with family photos, and made sure she had time for photos of the bridal party as well as just the bride and groom. I just received her final count of photos for my wedding and there are almost 1,600! She does not disappoint. If you are looking for a sweet, kind-hearted photographer that truly wants to capture every moment of your happily ever after, and for a great price, she is the one. She was perfect!

Sent on 06/12/2013