M Reed Photography Reviews

88 | Marietta, PA

88 Reviews for M Reed Photography

Crystal · Married on 10/15/2016

A wonderful person and a true professional!!! We could not be happier with our wedding photos! I was very selective with our photographer as I felt this was the most important part of our day. We did three engagement sessions with 3 different photographers. We reviewed the pictures and talked about the personality of each photographer. Hands down, Melissa was our choice. She made us feel very comfortable...this was important as my husband and I don't feel comfortable getting our pictures taken. She is very down to earth, receptive to your own ideas, and creative with her own mind. She loves what she does which shows in every single picture she takes. She is inspired by her environment and very easy to communicate and work with. She took time to meet me ahead of our wedding at our venue to review the space and thoughts I had regarding our photos. She made a list and checked in during our wedding day to make sure we were capturing the images we discussed. She captured some great candid shots of us and our guests. She picked the perfect spots for our more posed shots. And, overall, her pictures spoke the exact story of our day! The package I selected included two photographers for 4 hours, we had the pleasure of working with Katie in addition to Melissa for the first 4 hours of our day. Katie did a great job as well! She had a very similar style as Melissa. It was great to have multiple photos of the same pose from different angles. Once we got passed the first look and posed photos, I didn't even really notice the photographers, but the moments they captured are stunning and absolutely beautiful! I am so happy that we get to keep all the images because they are all perfect and I wouldn't be able to choose.

Thank you Melissa and Katie for documenting our wedding! We are so blessed to have had the opportunity to meet you and work with you! We are excited to work with you again in the future to document other milestones our of family!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Erin · Married on 06/10/2016

She is the best! Melissa was so easy to work with, helped us to feel very comfortable getting our photos taken. She was so much fun to work with and took beautiful engagement and wedding photos. We absolutely plan to use her for any future photography needs!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/24/2015

I strongly suggest you hire Melissa with MReed Photography. We hired Melissa to photograph our wedding. We had never met her before but found her online. From the moment we first contacted her we knew she was the perfect fit. We planned our wedding from 8 hours away but Melissa was located near our venue. A majority of our contact was online or over the phone. She was always timely in her response, detail oriented in terms of explaining her services and the process, and very relatable. Melissa was great with working around our poor availability. We finally met her a month before our wedding for our engagement photo session. We were unable to make it up earlier but she was great about making it work for us. Neither one of us are big picture takers so we were a little worried it would be awkward with a whole photo session. Thanks to Melissa it was actually fun! We laughed and got to talking which made us feel much more comfortable and at ease. We got a ton of great pictures that were genuine and didn't feel posed. They were the perfect essence of us as a couple. The same went for our wedding day. Melissa was flawless in her role as a photographer. She even helped work around the crazy hectic schedule. Even when we were running behind and were rushing she still made it work. She helped me to remain calm throughout the day ensuring me that we had time and that I didn't need to panic. Melissa captured great photos of the ceremony, perfect group photos of our bridal party, and wonderful candids of the reception. For both of our photo sessions Melissa had a great turn around time and had our pictures to us within a month. Some of my other friends who recently got married took months to get there photos from their photographers. Melissa is fantastic and we strongly recommend using her the next time you need a photographer! Her personality and work ethic make her a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 12/02/2015

After my husband and I met with many different photographers we finally met Melissa. After we met her we knew that we wanted Melissa to be a part of our wedding day! She is very organized and professional. She was wonderful during our engagement session and was flexible with our ideas. She was such an asset to our wedding day that I can not imagine it without her there. She took so many pictures that we had a hard time choosing our favorites. I would highly recommend Melissa to everyone that is looking for a photographer!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Timothy · Married on 10/09/2015

Melissa was absolutely amazing to work with! We first met with her in a cafe in Giant. She first took the time to get to know my wife and I on a personal basis and to find out what type of wedding we wanted. She then showed us various examples of her work, as well as examples of her work at our wedding & ceremony venues, which was a huge plus. From the time we decided to work with Melissa until the day of the wedding, Melissa would stay in contact with my wife and I letting us know what information she needed, gave us great deadlines to stay on top of and consistently offered her time if we had any further questions. During the day of the wedding, Melissa was a blast to work with for our first look photos and other photos my wife and I had together before the ceremony. Melissa is no joke, she will make sure she gets the best shots of you, even if that means her laying and rolling around on the ground (which she did). Melissa also got tremendous shots of our entire ceremony and reception. It was a great pleasure getting to know Melissa for the time we were able to work with her and we definitely recommend Melissa to other couples looking to have a flexible, unique and experienced photographer for any occasion.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2015

Sent on 11/24/2015

Kimberly · Married on 09/27/2015

Melissa was awesome! She was very friendly and professional. She went above and beyond. The photographs she took of our wedding are beautiful and she captured the day perfectly. I am so happy we chose her as our photographer!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Caitlin · Married on 09/19/2015

Melissa was fantastic to work with! We loved every photo from both our engagement session and our wedding. She did a fabulous job making us feel comfortable! We can't wait to use her in the future for our family sessions!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Karissa · Married on 08/15/2015

Melissa was absolutely amazing to work with, professional and so flexible. We started our wedding planning process two years ago, and from the minute we met her we knew she was the one we wanted to photograph our wedding. She knew exactly what we wanted and would go above and beyond at all times. She was there from the morning to the night of our wedding. The whole day she was organized and even kept our other vendors organized. Her pictures speak for their own, they are just absolutely gorgeous. We are so excited to work with her in the future. You can stop your search now!! You will not regret picking Melissa as your wedding photographer!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2015

We knew about Melissa and Melissa Reed Photography through my sister who had Melissa as her photographer for her wedding, right when Melissa was just starting her company. She had done such a great job then so we knew we would not be let down having her as our photographer for our wedding as well! She is reasonably priced, super nice, and her work speaks for itself! Melissa did a fabulous job with everything!!! We planned our wedding out of state and Melissa helped make things easy by communicating over email and planning our photography timeline for the big day well in advance. The day of, she was ready to go and helped make sure we stuck to the timeline and got all of the pictures we wanted. She worked well with our other vendors to get the shots we would like and did a fantastic job getting all of our crazy family members organized for pictures! We let her be creative with the type of shots she took and we were so thrilled with all of the pictures she took!! She captured moments that we didn’t even know happened and moments that we are so thankful to have pictures to look back on! If you are considering Melissa Reed Photography, you will not be disappointed!! Thank you, Melissa for doing an outstanding job and for helping to make our wedding day one we wish would have never ended!!!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Megan · Married on 07/25/2015

If you are in the market for a fantastically phenomenal photographer, look no further.

Melissa made our day perfect with her absolute professional command and friendly disposition. She was willing to go with the flow and deliver beautiful photos that everyone loved. Her prices were right and we could not have asked for more!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Nadja · Married on 07/18/2015

Choosing Melissa Reed as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made. Melissa’s work speaks for itself. Her photos are beautiful, original, and expressive, and she captures wonderful and authentic moments. When we met Melissa, I knew almost instantly that she was the photographer for us. Melissa came to the meeting with samples of her work, detailed lists of costs and services, and gave us an overview of what she’d do on our wedding day. Prior to the meeting, I remember feeling so overwhelmed with wedding planning, and wondering when events would happen, how long they would take, and all of the other tiny details that make up a wedding day. Melissa started to make a list of the types of things that usually happen at weddings (cake cutting, toasts, first dances, etc), and gave us an outline of how and when those events typically take place. I almost hugged her and I kept nudging my fiancé under the table to silently say, “We need to book her, now!”

In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Melissa maintained contact and made sure she knew exactly the types of formal photos we wanted and who would be in those photos. On our wedding day, Melissa was calm, confident, kind, and professional. She was courteous and friendly with our guests, and very patient with our family and our two year old ring bearer. Our family and friends all remarked how much they liked her. Melissa made my husband and I feel completely at ease when she took our couple photos. She gave direction very well, and made sure that we stuck to the timeline. We were overjoyed when we received the finished photos. She captured moments that we never want to forget. We now have beautiful photographs that we will treasure forever. I highly recommend M. Reed Photography!

Sent on 08/08/2015
  • User5320537 · 2+ years ago

Melissa was an absolutely amazing photographer! Her work is work every single penny we paid and more! She was so professional and fun to work with. She ran around like crazy all afternoon and evening to get all the best shots and really involved all of the guests. Her work is stunning and the turn around for our pictures was amazing! Hands down the best photographer!!!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Allie · Married on 06/13/2015

Stop your search for a wedding photographer here!! From the engagement pictures to the wedding day and beyond, Melissa has been absolutely perfect and she will be perfect for your wedding day! Melissa incorporated all the photos I had found from Pinterest and captured all the details from our wedding day into her pictures. Due to a shuttle issue, our ceremony ran late which cut into our photo time. Melissa made up all the time and still caught some of the most beautiful pictures under pressure. She is clutch! Almost 1 month has passed since our wedding day and my family, husband and I cannot stop talking about how awesome Melissa was and can't stop looking at all 970 wedding photos she captured from our day. They are all perfection and I couldn't be happier with choosing Melissa as our photographer. You're the best, Melissa!! :)

Sent on 07/11/2015

Alexis · Married on 05/30/2015

From the moment we meet Melissa we knew she was going to be our wedding photographer. She not only does amazing work, she is so down to earth but very professional. She was very fun to work with and she kept things moving but got a ton of shots. She is very creative and tries to come up with new ideas for every couple. She will do anything to get the best shot she can. My dad made the comment to me at the wedding "Your photographer is great! I have never seen someone who is willing to do anything to get the best photo for you, she even laid on the ground in the dirt!"

Sent on 07/09/2015
  • User4196652 · 2+ years ago

Melissa was amazing! She was able to capture what seemed like EVERY moment throughout our wedding day! She is such a wonderful person to work with and it was an absolute pleasure to have her with us! All the pictures were beautifully taken and such a variety! Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Allison · Married on 09/27/2014

I had Melissa for my photographer and she was amazing! Our engagement pictures came out beautiful when she had done them and I recently had gotten our wedding pictures back and they look outstanding! She was so nice, and kept in touch all the time, even answered some questions that I had and responded back in a timely manner. I would recommend her to anyone. I am even talking to one of my friends about getting her pictures done from her :-)

Sent on 10/19/2014

Dana · Married on 09/20/2014

Perfect, friendly and on top of things. She helped me with any questions I had, as an out of state bride provide information on local need to know things and day of I could not have asked for better. It was like having a friend there, I highly recommend her for ant event.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Gillian · Married on 09/13/2014

My husband and I just recently got married in Lancaster, PA at The Farm at Eagles Ridge. Melissa helped to make that day the BEST day of our lives. Somehow, she managed to be everywhere and capture every moment without us even knowing! Not only was she professional in guiding us when necessary, but she was free spirited enough to allow things happen organically. She has a unique way of creating a comfort zone between herself and her subjects- I immediately felt at ease with her and so did our guests. That's something extremely special and it shows through in her work. I highly recommend Melissa for any special event. You will fall in love with her just like we did!

-Gillian

Sent on 09/30/2014

Chelsea · Married on 08/23/2014

Melissa was so great to work with, I highly recommend her to anyone. She is extremely timely with the return of photos approx 3 weeks to the day your photos are up on her website for the wedding as an example. We also had our engagement photos done by her as well this was an all inclusive package and they were up on her website in a week. You will not be disappointed by her! My photos are excellent! Also, this was the first time she was at our venue and she had all of her "homework" done she knew exactly where all of our photos were going to be taken as well as she is very open to any ideas you may have as well. I look forward to many more photos with m reed as our family grows!

Sent on 09/24/2014
  • U

Uyen · Married on 08/16/2014

M Reed Photography was very professional. She was punctual and was unobtrusive. She kept the day moving and calmed the bride when we were off schedule. We received our wedding pictures 3 weeks after the wedding and the pictures are gorgeous!

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • User3491971 · 2+ years ago

Melissa was outstanding! She was prompt, kind & stuck to her timeline to ensure we had the most time at our reception to celebrate. She did an outstanding job making sure I got all the pictures I wanted while allowing us to have fun in the process. You cannot go wrong with having her! Received many compliments on her from our guests as well.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Jenna · Married on 07/12/2014

I would highly recommend Melissa! She was absolutely amazing from beginning to end! Melissa is energetic, professional, creative, and a wonderful person to work with. From the minute we met at our engagement shoot, I knew we would be in good hands. I love taking and sharing pictures and I looked for months to find the photographer that had the unique shots we were looking for. One thing that stuck with me from our conversation was how she loved to get those unplanned photos that can be so meaningful. I loved seeing all the photos of our guests that we were unable to get around to talk with.
    She helped us create a timeline of the events at our wedding that I used with all our vendors. She kept things moving the day of the wedding, especially since the day started out by running a half hour behind schedule. She was able to get everyone moving so we would not be late for the actual ceremony! We had a fairly large wedding party and it was hard to keep everyone on task and somehow Melissa pulled it off!
    Melissa made our day so special and we cannot thank her enough! I will be sure to use her in the future!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/28/2014

When I saw Melissa's work on her website, I knew I wanted her as our wedding photographer for our Central PA wedding! My hubby worked with Melissa through much of our wedding preparations, as I was out-of-state, and had a great experience working with her - as she was professional, helpful, and informative. I, too, saw Melissa's professionalism when I began working with her closer to the wedding. She was great to work with! She is plan-oriented and friendly. The day of our wedding, Melissa did a wonderful job working with us! I felt very comfortable around her. She had many ideas for shots and was able to get a variety of photos that I knew would be wonderful before even seeing them! While we were eating, Melissa was able to get photos of our rings and other decorative things at the reception! Her timing was perfect and she was always where everything was going on! We had a great experience and have photos that are everything I wished they'd be! We cannot wait to hang her photos in our home! They were perfect!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Kara · Married on 06/20/2014

Melissa did a wonderful job photographing my wedding! She provided us with gorgeous photos from both our engagement session and our wedding that I know that we'll treasure forever. She perfectly captured all of our memories from our special day, including little moments that we missed out on observing ourselves in the chaos of the actual day.

Additionally, Melissa has gone above and beyond in providing great service to us. Not only did she finish editing all of our 800+ pictures from the wedding in less than the 2 weeks that she quoted us, she also volunteered to upload all of our pictures to Shutterfly when we had some technological glitches with viewing the online gallery. We truly appreciate how Melissa has continued working with us even beyond our wedding day to make sure that everything turns out perfectly.

If you're from Central PA and you're looking for a wedding photographer, I recommend that you contact Melissa. Her services are worth every penny that we paid. Melissa took beautiful pictures of our wedding and working with her has been a joy!

Sent on 07/04/2014