21 Reviews for M & J Photography

Multi. Locations (3)
Destination / Travel (2)
Canvas (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

Jennifer and Michael were beyond an absolute treasure to have with us. They were fun, creative and the photos they got were breathtaking. They are beyond my wildest dreams and I've only seen the sneak peak. (Wedding was only a few days ago). I would shoot with them again in a heartbeat and recommend them a thousand times over! Prompt, professional, personable, and passionate. Photos were my main concern and they have knocked it out of the park! If you want next level photos m&j is the way to go!!

Profile Picture Victoria, 3/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Digital Files

I am a bit of a crazy person when it comes to researching big purchases whether it's a car, a TV, my newest gadget or the photographers for a life milestone. We exhaustively researched across multiple sites and multiple forums and made excel spreadsheets with cost and the number of photos per hours and whether there was video included. We printed every brochure we received and kept them together. After narrowing it down and reaching out to a few of our top picks (and driving my now wife crazy in the process) we decided on M and J Photography. We loved their photos; we loved their personality; and above all else we trusted that they would capture our day the way we wanted.

This is one of the best decisions we made throughout our process. The photos they took are beautiful. They were experts at capturing both the real moments and setting up the posed shots. Their post production skills are amazing but even the untouched photos are magical. They were out of the way when you needed them out of the way and in charge when you needed them in charge. They gave us a sneak peak gallery within days of our wedding for posting to social media and our gallery was ready just a few weeks after the date (well ahead of the negotiated deadline). They were the perfect photographers.

Beyond that they were amazingly helpful to us in ways that would not be expected or required of your photographers. They had lived in the area we were getting married and made suggestions (just suggestions) on a few vendors and were very open with their opinion (but only when we asked for it). The transportation team they suggested ended up saving us quite a bit of $ and were awesome. So to summarize M and J are just amazing people and for us were the ideal photographers. I can't recommend them enough.

Photos
Profile Picture Brandi, 11/20/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Trash The Dress, Digital Files

When my husband and I got engaged I was really worried about wedding photography - I was not feeling photogenic and like a bride. When Jennifer showed me just a few shots on her camera during our wedding photos my fears evaporated. Jennifer & Michael are incredibly talented photographers, I love every shot they took, the lighting, color, and composition in our photos was simply stunning. The turnaround time for our destination wedding photos was super quick - we were able to show a slideshow of them at our wedding reception back home which our guests loved!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very easy to work with. professional and great couple to work with. We had a beach Valentines Day wedding and they made us feel very special. They really captured our day perfectly.
Thank you so much.
C and K Brewer

Profile Picture katrina, 2/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael and Jennifer exhibit a level of professionalism that is rarely encountered in any service provider.
They are true artists with cameras, as well as two of the most personable individuals that we have had the pleasure to know. If you honestly want memories of the most important event of you life captured with artistry and finesse these two individuals will make your day complete.
Victoria and Jack Rice

Profile Picture Victoria, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography

Advice: Book them.

Now.

Rearrange your budget however you need to, because M & J Photography is simply AMAZING. If I could give them 10 stars, I would. Your photos ARE how you'll remember your wedding day forever. Make them count.

Despite stormy weather the day of our wedding, M & J were able to capture the natural beauty of the moment with unbelievable ease, confidence, and talent. They both are equally talented artistic professionals with a deep passion for photography that work both harmoniously and complimentary. They are fun and easy going and are both great at making you feel comfortable and natural in your skin. Their photos capture the true YOU and not a bunch of awkward or forced smiles and poses.

After the wedding, they were able to quickly provide preview images for social media for all of our family and friends to enjoy that could not make the trip. Upon sharing the photos with friends and family, the unanimous responses were “WOW!” "I feel like I was there!” “I have never seen such beautiful wedding photos!” “Everyone looks fabulous!” “These could be published in a wedding magazine!” “The clouds! The water! That dress!!” “Unique and masterful eye for detail."
We can look through our AMAZING album and it instantly brings us back to that day because through our photos we can see and feel all the emotions of everyone that took part in our special day. That is the simple MAJIC that M & J gave us for the remainder of our lives.

Bottom line: If you're looking for amazing photographers that will capture the best imaginable version of your big day, then look no further --- M & J Photography!!!!

Profile Picture Meggan, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Trash The Dress

If you want to reduce wedding day stress, select M&J as your photographers. Their knowledge and experience produced beautiful, natural pictures. They worked diligently to tailor our wedding portfolio exactly the way we wanted it. The service they provided from the wedding preparation to the reception was the best we could have ever envisioned.

Profile Picture Matt, 6/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had the pleasure of having Michael and Jennifer take our wedding photos and it was one of the best decisions we made. We were AMAZED with the quality of the pictures. They looked like they were straight out of a bridal magazine. We are still receiving compliments on them.

Both Jennifer and Michael were professional, creative, and receptive to our requests. They asked us what we wanted and delivered just that. During the planning process they were exceptional with their communication. We felt like we knew them by the time we got to Mexico. On our wedding day they immediately got to work capturing the small details, getting ready, and first looks. Then they took us from our hotel to some breathtaking locations. Their dedication and passion was evident while watching them work. They were forever climbing up on things, crouching and laying on the ground, even getting soaked by huge waves (while we stayed dry) to capture remarkable shots of us.

We were so pleased to receive a sneak peak within a couple days and the entire 600+ pictures within a month. The photographs speak to the incredible talent this couple have for photography. If you are reading these reviews contact M&J now, you won’t be disappointed! We highly recommend them.

Thank you so much M&J!!!

Stephanie & Jared Bender

Profile Picture Stephanie , 5/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We knew while planning a destination wedding that the photos were going to be THE most important decision we made in capturing and remembering our special day. We did a lot of research on the best way to work with resorts and bringing in outside vendors and read stories about how hard it can be to work with outside vendors.

This could not have been farther from the truth with Michael and Jennifer! From day one of meeting them via Skype and discussing what we were looking for they were so warm and welcoming. Everything leading up to the big day was easy. They are very fast in responding to emails, and so willing to work with a stressing bride with lots of questions :)

The day of the weeding they were a dream to work with! They came and knew exactly what to do and how to capture special moments without being disruptive. They were also amazing in giving us cues on how to pose and what to do (we weren't the best at that...) And most importantly, they got along so well with our friends and family that it was like they were on the guest list in the first place!

Then there are the pictures... I have NO WORDS for how incredibly happy we are with our pictures! They are stunning. Every single person who saw them commented on how beautiful they are. Jennifer and Michael are so talented, we can't stress this enough. If you are on the fence on weather or not it is worth it to splurge for the photos, do it! M&J photo will not disappoint!

Profile Picture User7437786, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jennifer and Michael were WONDERFUL to work with to say the least. So sweet and so talented! The pictures turned out better than we imagined. M and J were very professional and even did a Skype session with us before we arrived in Mexico so we could get to know them more. I think their photos are so unique and absolutely breathtaking! I would recommend them to ANY and EVERY one!

Profile Picture Rachael , 1/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When looking for a photographer, the most important thing to us was to find a photographer who truly captures the emotion of joy, laughter, and love. That is exactly what we got from Jennifer and Michael's beautiful pictures! They are both such genuine people who you can tell absolutely LOVE photography! Watching them work together is just as impressive as their pictures. You can tell the couple gets excited by the architecture, finding new places at the resorts. They always find different, new, and creative shots while working with the lighting lets you know they are passionate about each picture! They are very friendly and make you relax while also getting to know your family and making everyone as comfortable as can be. J and M you TRULY are the best!

I also want to mention how fast to respond Jennifer and Michael are. Always had a response within a couple hours, if not shorter with helping us make our timeline and answering questions with their professional opinion. They are very prepared for the day of the event making sure every picture (and more) you requested gets shot.

I was truly blown away, floored when I saw our wedding pictures, they are absolutely perfect! If you're reading this review wondering if you should book them, stop, and go book them....now! You won't regret it :)

Profile Picture Val, 11/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

I could not have asked for better photographers for my dream wedding in the Adirondacks. From the initial conversations during the planning stage to the follow up communication regarding the wedding album and prints - M&J photography went above and beyond to ensure that everything was done in a perfect, professional, and timely manner. They are skilled photographers with years of experience. I recommend them to every one of my friends who gets engaged. If you are looking for photographers to capture the beautiful memories that take place on your wedding day, choose M&J Photography. They are simply the best!

Profile Picture Kate, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

If you’ve seen the online gallery for M&J Photography, then you already know their work is stunning. But what you might not know yet is that Michael and Jennifer are wonderful people. They helped us throughout the entire process -- from advice on locations for the photo shoot and the ceremony, to where to grab the best tacos in Playa del Carmen -- and they constantly went above and beyond our expectations.

Even now, on our one-year anniversary, our friends and family cannot stop talking about how beautiful the photos turned out, using words and phrases like “breathtaking,” “gorgeous,” and “you look like movie stars” to describe the pictures. We could not be happier with our decision to hire M&J -- and we recommend them very highly to anyone looking for amazing, one-of-a-kind photographs.

Profile Picture User4759630, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

Michael & Jennifer were absolutely incredible to work with. From the initial interview, to the day of the wedding, M&J were complete professionals and truly catered to our needs. The photos came out stunning, could not have asked for anything better. Everyone who has seen them have been in awe, with comments like these belong in a magazine, etc. We would recommend M&J in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture John , 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

Jennifer and Michael are absolutely fantastic. We feel so lucky to have had them as our photographers for our wedding. We were beyond happy with the photos of our special day! It has been over 6 months since our wedding and people are STILL talking about how amazing our wedding photos are!!!

Profile Picture Leanne, 5/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Trash The Dress

Michael and Jennifer were amazing! Their creativity and vision provided my husband and I with photos which will be treasured for a lifetime. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for photos that are flawless!

Profile Picture Holly, 4/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jennifer and Michael were absolutely amazing photographers and so fun to work with. I wish I could take more pictures with them. We constantly get compliments on our wedding pictures, they were exactly what I was wishing for and more! Absolutely stunning! If you are getting married in Cozumel, these guys are the only ones that should be taking pictures of your special day!

Profile Picture ashley, 3/19/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, High-Res Images, Trash The Dress

We were lucky enough to have our dream wedding, on the beach, with all of our favorite people in attendance. The gorgeous photos Jennifer and Michael have taken will make it easy to look back and remember the moments that took my breath away, and the precious moments when we relaxed and took a breath.

I want to thank M&J for somehow capturing the most precious moments while remaining unobtrusive. They knew how to make the most of every interaction while never making the guests feel like my wedding was a photo shoot.

From the first consultation, I felt like they understood the vision I had for my perfect day and every interaction since has proven their commitment to bringing that vision to my forever memories.

When I saw the photos I actually gasped a bit, they look as though they belong in a magazine! These photos are truly pieces of art and I’m thrilled they are mine.

Profile Picture User5570915, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Really incorporated the beauty of the mountains and my family's cabin. Worked well with everyone and were flexible to work with

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/20/14, 1 Review

Simply the best!

My husband and I could not have been happier with our choice to have Jennifer and Michael capture our wedding day. Believe me, we did a ton of research, and interviewed several other photographers. However, M&J were the only ones who actually asked us what we wanted, what our vision was, and genuinely seemed to care care about us as people. Their pricing was reasonable for the wedding industry, and they worked with us to customize some options that we wanted. From the moment we met Jennifer and Michael in person, there was an excitement to this incredible duo.

Their communication was nothing shy of AMAZING. If we had any questions, or concerns they were always available, or responded to emails immediately. It felt like they were are a part of our wedding day, and blended right in with the group. We could not be happier with M&J photography and highly recommend them to anyone for any occasion! They are extremely professional, and shared with us just days following the wedding some 'sneak peaks.' Their efficiency with time was something that was over the top impressive! You hear people waiting months, sometimes half a year to get the photos back- this was not the case with M&J…less than two months and we have our flash drive, and some photos already printed! All of these photos are memories that will last forever! I think you'll agree that they are just as amazing as we think! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Profile Picture Allie, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael and Jennifer shot our Trash the Dress session in Cozumel when we were on our honeymoon. The shoot was so much fun, and they made it very easy to be in front of the camera. They were always very quick to answer emails and gave lots of ideas/options for places to take the pictures. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the results. The photos are awesome and I can't wait to get them printed and hung up.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/13/12, 8 Reviews