Love Crush Beauty Reviews

Love Crush Beauty 3
Love Crush Beauty 4
Love Crush Beauty 5

Jillian · Married on 10/15/2011

Gretchen did a fantastic job on my makeup. I wanted smokey eyes done for the day of my wedding & Gretchen was reluctant to do it when I went for my trial. Gretchen was concerned that doing a smokey look would not come out how I would have anticipated due to the shape of my eyes. I insisited that she at least try & if it looked terrible she would not be held accountable. I've asked markup artists in the past to give me the smokey look & they declined clearly because they were not up for the challenge. She took me thru step by step & showed me little by little when she was applying the makeup to get my approval on each detail. I was so happy with the end result & she was stunned how awesome of a job she did because of the challenge she had with the shape of my eyes. Four of my bridesmaids also had gotten their makeup done & they also very happy with the outcome. I'm not a woman that wears much makeup (I know sounds crazy especially since I was going for a dramatic look) but Gretchen really made me feel so beautiful the day of my wedding....I got so many compliments and I just got my wedding proofs back and they look amazing! Thank you so much, Gretchen! You totally stepped out of our comfort zone & rocked it! ;)

Sent on 12/29/2011

maribel · Married on 10/01/2011

I got married October 1 and was looking for a makeup artist when I came across Gretchen.I gave her a call and was able to set a trial appt. with her.I loved how it looked I booked her on the spot.She did my bridesmaids,mom and myself and we all looked beautiful.We all loved the final results.I also had a tattoo cover-up and that was amazing you couldn't even see a trace.Gretchen is so amazing to work with that I will book her again when the time comes.If you are looking for bridal makeup definitely give Gretchen a call and book her.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Marielle · Married on 09/02/2011

Gretchen was wonderful. She responded quickly to all my inquiries and was very accommodating. Most of all she did a beautiful job on myself, my mother, and my bridesmaids on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Vineeta · Married on 07/23/2011

Gretchen has done a very amazing job on my wedding weekend, she is very professional on time easy to work with and friendly.
    thank you so much for making me feel and look amazing on my special day...

Tara · Married on 06/17/2011

Gretchen did my make-up on my wedding day and she was amazing! I was such a picky bride when it came to hair and make up. I had multiple hair and make-up trials. When I met Gretchen, I gave her a picture of what I wanted ( the same picture I had give multiple other make-up artists) and she nailed it! It was exactly what I wanted and I loved it. I went home and showed my bridesmaids and they were crazy about it as well. My bridesmaids were going to do their own make-up and as soon as they saw what an awesome job Gretchen did, they scheduled appointments with her. In addition to doing great make-up, she was wonderful to work with. I had 8 bridesmaids! You can imagine how difficult it is to get 8 girls together. I had to change the appointment time the week of the wedding and Gretchen was really flexible about it. Then, One of my girls was late for her appointment and Gretchen was patient and waited for her to arrive. My 6 year old neice was at the house while all the girls were getting ready and she started to cry because she wanted her make-up done too. Gretchen was so sweet. Even though she was on a tight schedule (because my bridesmaid was late ) she took the time to do my neice's make-up.

Overall, she was a great make-up artist and she great to work with. Everyone in the bridal party looked beutiful and most importanly, everyone loved their make-up! If you have a large bridal party, you will understand how difficult it is to make everyone happy and she managed to do it. I would absolutely recommend her to all my friends and family. I hope I have another occasion to work with her again.

Gina · Married on 05/21/2011

Gretchen made me feel like a princess, and for a person like me very close to a tom boy. A dog groomer who hates to dress up, and never wears make up. I had no idea, and i had no direction on where to take her. She had the exact look that would be perfect for my personality. I looked beautiful, and she was on time, which believe me you all know everything runs the last minute on the day rushing around, everyone has to be on point or everything goes wrong. She had a calming sense of humor. I recommend her! She made me feel beautiful, and really was a big part in making my day something ill remember forever.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Gauri · Married on 04/23/2011

Gretchen did my makeup and my mom's makeup for my brother's wedding. She did a fantastic job and we both received a lot of compliments. She was exceptionally professional. She was very patient with me and especially with my mom to get the right look. Her work was flawless and she got the job done well ahead of time. I was personally very happy and more than satisfied with her services. I would love to hire her again for future events.
    THANKS GRETCHEN FOR MAKING US LOOK GREAT ON OUR DAY SPECIAL!!!
    -Gauri

Jen · Married on 03/26/2011

Gretchen had done my make-up for my wedding as well as my bridal party and had covered up a tattoo on my arm.
    She was absolutely FANTASTIC and I have been raving about her to everyone I know! She is so talented and so very nice! The whole experience was so smooth and alot of fun .

She had come out to the East Wind in Wading River where I was getting married at 6am and started on my tattoo cover up and then everyones make up. There were 4 bridemaids, 2 flower girls, me and my mom and everyones make up was flawless.
    We had so many compliments on the girls make-up as well as mine.

A lot of the guest came up to me as well and asked...didn't you have a tattoo?? The job she did was AMAZING!!! You could not even tell at all!!

Eden · Married on 10/30/2010

Gretchen made me feel and look like a movie star on my wedding day, I could not stop staring in the mirror and when I looked in the mirror I didn't recognize the beautiful woman staring back at me. I highly reccomend her to every bride and or woman looking to feel and look fabulous for a special occassion. She is the best and she is very friendly :)

Sent on 08/13/2011

Christine · Married on 10/08/2010

I hired Gretchen for my October Wedding and couldn't be happier! She did a beautiful job on my mom and sister, as well as the rest of my bridal party, and myself. Many people have asked who did my make up and I always refer them to Gretchen because of the great service I received. She was flexible with my schedule, highly professional, and did a beautiful job meeting the needs of all that she worked on! I felt beautiful on my wedding day and didn't have to retouch at all! Everyone looked beautiful from the beginning of the night until the end . I wouldn't recommend nor go to another make up artist after working with Gretchen.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Kimberly · Married on 10/03/2010

I hired Gretchen to do makeup for my bridal party. She is such a sweetheart and was a pleasure to deal with, not to mention her prices are affordable. She arrived early and got right to work. All of the girls makeup looked beautiful and best of all natural!! She even stayed later than she was suppose to and waited for my sister who was running late getting to the hotel. Throughout all the madness of our small hotel room filled with about 9 girls plus vendors, Gretchen did her thing!!! I highly recommend her, you will not be let down.

Sent on 10/14/2010

Loubna · Married on 09/25/2010

Gretchen was truly a professional when it came down to my big day. She would really listened to what style of makeup I wanted (Middle Eastern) and came through 100%. On top of all that, the prices are very affortable and she's a big sweetheart! Four of my bridesmaids got their makeup done as well, and they looked gorgeous! I truly felt like a princess and received so many compliments that day which made me feel like a million bucks :) Thank you again Gretchen for making me look amazing!
    Oh and another thing.. airbrush makeup made me look so flawless and natural in the pictures and best part of all, it's a very lightweight feeling on your skin!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Amy · Married on 07/25/2010

I was very please with Gretchen. She did a great job! I had a large bridal party and she was able to do the make up on all the girls and everyone was done before the photographer came! I would recommend her to my friends as well!

Sent on 08/09/2010

Debbie · Married on 04/10/2010

I was a full time makeup artist and now just do makeup for friends and family. It was very hard for me to relinquish the control to someone else, but I knew I did not want to do my own makeup on my wedding day. I met with Gretchen and knew after my trial, she was the one to do my makeup. I looked like me when she was done. I've had other makeup artists do my makeup, when they were finished I looked in the mirror and wasn't sure who was looking back! She was very easy to work with, she listened to my requests. The day of my wedding, she was on time and very professional. I would highly recommend Gretchen! Thanks Gretchen...Debbie G April10, 2010

Sent on 06/24/2010

Joyce · Married on 10/17/2009

As the Mother of the Groom, for my only child, I was SO fortunate to have found Makeup Artistry Of Long Island by Gretchen Marie! She is FABULOUS!

I sent her a photo of myself, since I did not choose to get a trial makeup session. Gretchen arrived to my home, on time, the morning of the wedding, with her supplies. She brought colors she specifically chose for my skin and dress, from a simple photograph.

When she was finished, I think my first words were, "I look like a model!"

While at the reception hall, women from other weddings actually came over to me and told me my makeup was stunning. I can not tell you how wonderful I felt and looked on my son's special day!

I recommend Gretchen for ANY event where you want to look better than you can even imagine.

Joyce

Love Crush Beauty's reply:

Hello Joyce! Thank you for such a heart-felt review! I really enjoyed working with you! Congratulations to you, and your son!

Marisa · Married on 10/10/2009

It was a pleasure working with Gretchen of Make-Up Artistry of Long Island as the make-up artist for my wedding. She is super professional and extremely talented!! She made me look absolutely amazing and listened to all my feedback and requests-which as a bride-I had many, yet offered her insight and comments being an expert make-up artist :) Gretchen's make-up application made me feel incredibily beautiful. Also, I couldn't have asked for better service. I HIGHLY recommend her to any bride looking for a great make-up artist who is affordable, knowledgable, and an expert in making women look their best!

Love Crush Beauty's reply:

Awww...Thank you Marisa for such a fast response and lovely comliments! I hope you and your Husband are doing well!

Wishing you all the best!

~Gretchen

marlene · Married on 05/08/2009

I loved the make up that was done for both my indian and american wedding ceremony, Gretchen was on time, patient, and worked really well with my skin tone and features, she let me have input on the make up that was applied which made me feel secure and made me the beautiful bride I was, you can never put a price on prefection, thank you so much!!!!

Hi Marlene!
    Thank you for the 5 star review! I am thrilled that I was able to make you feel as beautiful as you already are on both of your special days! P.S. The photos are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for letting me access them!

Jamie · Married on 10/04/2014

Gretchen was amazing and so accommodating! I absolutely love her and her team. Everyone came out beautiful and I could not have asked for a better. I had everyone telling me I looked stunning and so id my girls. She was also able to accommodate my step-mother who has very sensitive skin and breathing problems and could not be in the make-up room for long.

Thank you so much from al 11 + of us who you made look amazing!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Vicki · Married on 03/06/2010

A real professional indeed, Gretchen is a classy, lovely and creative makeup artist. As an owner of Angel Bridals in East Islip I suggest her frequently to my brides and moms for their special day. I only reccomend vendors who I have personally used and this past March Gretchen did my makeup (fabulous "smokey eyes") for a family wedding in Manhattan...I loved the finished product! You will be so very pleased and satisfied with her makeup artistry! Vicki Buckwald

Sent on 06/11/2010

Maribel · Married on 07/21/2018

Gretchen and her team was amazing..My aedding party and I were very pleased..I was a bit nervous since I had to use a wig. My hair style was absolutely fabulous..I would definately use this company over anyone else..

Love Crush Beauty 6
    Love Crush Beauty 7
    Sent on 08/14/2018

Love Crush Beauty's reply:

Maribel! Thank you for such a lovely review...and I could not be happier that you thought your hair was "fabulous!" that's the greatest compliment as I know that this was so very very important to you! I apologize that we fell short in the "responsiveness" category...for our future brides I hope this is a sign that we are really really busy :) Throughout the year Thursday-Sundays are weddings days for us so unfortunately we do not get to respond in the time frames we would like to. But Mon-Wed...we will catch up with our clients xxoo

Jenny · Married on 03/19/2017

Gretchen and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with. I was very unsure of what I wanted in terms of both hair & makeup, but after spending some time with me, Gretchen was able to figure it out. My family, friends and I all looked gorgeous on my wedding day and the hair and make-up didn't budge for the entirety of the day! People could not stop commenting on how great it looked. Thank you, Gretchen!

Sent on 03/23/2017

michelle · Married on 07/09/2016

Gretchen and her team did a beautiful job on hair and makeup for my wedding this past weekend. Gretchen made me feel at ease throughout the entire process and was very flexible to ensure that I absolutely loved my hair and makeup on the big day. Nearly everyone commented on the style and also how natural my makeup looked, which was important to me. My bridesmaids and family members were also thrilled with their hair and makeup and overall, I couldn't say enough great things. Wonderful Work!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Kerri · Married on 06/11/2016

I used M.A.L.I for my hair services for my wedding on June 11, 2016. I was paired up with Cheryl, who was AMAZING. I had REALLY short hair, and using extensions, she made my hair look stunning. I did my trial with her using one style, and on my wedding day, I actually chose a different style - no trial on that look - and it came out stunning! I couldn't have asked for a better stylist the day of the wedding. She also did the hair for all of my bridesmaids and each was extremely happy with the results. I can't speak for any other of Gretchen's people, but Cheryl is worth EVERY penny. Arrived at the hotel early in the morning, on time, and worked her butt off for hours. If you have any doubts about adding extensions, Cheryl is the way to go! Appreciate all the work she put in.

Sent on 07/26/2016

I was an older bride who was getting married for the first time. I also planned my wedding in four weeks, and was unable to book a trial. I knew very specifically what I wanted. Gretchen was amazing. My hair was gorgeous, as well as my make-up. I looked like myself, only better. Even my husband, who normally does not like me in make-up loved it. Gretchen listened to everything I said, and did a wonderful job. So happy with the results.

Sent on 03/04/2016
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 05/23/2015

Gretchen and her team were super professional and wonderful to work with. She did 1 makeup and 2 hair trials on me (bc I didn't know what hairstyle I wanted) and 1 makeup/1hair trial on my mother. I'd recommend having an idea of what hairstyle you want (pinterest hairstyles with your specific hair color) before going to the trial. She did a gorgeous job on my makeup!! She worked with my Asian eyes and had to adjust the false eyelashes a bit but she got them perfect. She was quick to respond via text/phone, a little behind with emails but it wasn't that big of a deal. She made sure the instructions and day-of schedule were emailed to me a week in advance of the big day. That super early morning, Gretchen and her team were 15mins early (4:30am!!) and were ready for me and my bridal party exactly on schedule. I had gotten some superficial injuries before the wedding, and she quickly applied a little airbrush over the scratches the day-of. Couldn't even tell I had any scratches in the photos! Highly recommend her and her team!!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Love Crush Beauty's reply:

Thank you Monica for such a sweet review! You were so joyful to work with...and I mean come...for us to have a bride (and fiance trying to accommodate us) with humor that made all of us continuously happy at 4:30AM...UNHEARD OF! Thanks for such a great time. And...yes I admit it...I am slow to respond to emails at times (texts Im speedy :) but hey...I think its a good b/c it means we are busy with our beautiful brides!

xoxo Best of everything!