Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

Lynda Williams Beauty 4
Lynda Williams Beauty 5
Lynda Williams Beauty 6
Lynda Williams Beauty 7

I was so thrilled to have Lynda do the hair for me and my bridesmaids. She was so chill and relaxed and was open to ideas that my bridesmaids wanted. When one of them wanted to change her hairstyle she was gracious and open to it. For me she did a trial and then, months later when I was reconsidering the style she spent time with me on the phone (I dont live in RI) to discuss what would be best for my hair type. She has so many tricks up her sleeves to make even thin hair look fabulous. She is featured in all the bridal magazines for a reason - she is the best!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Chelsea · Married on 08/10/2012

I decided to have Lynda do my and my bridesmaids hair ridiculously last minute after my hair trial at the original salon went terribly. It was so last minute that I wasn’t able to schedule a trial (since I don’t live nearby), but I was confident she would do a great job regardless. She was wonderful and gave us all completely different hair styles we all loved—even for my sister’s and my very thick hair.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Thank you Chelsea!
    So happy you were all pleased, what a fun crowd to work with! I hope your day was spectacular!
    Xx
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/17/2012

Lynda did an outstanding job styling my hair for our wedding! She listened to my ideas and created a great look for my trial months before the wedding. She was able to perfect it and made it even better on the actual day. She works magic!! All 3 of the girls in my bridal party had their hair done too that morning and Lynda was able to time things out perfectly so we actually had extra time to primp and check everyone's do's before heading out for our first look. Everyone looked, and more importantly, felt beautiful. Don't look any further brides-to-be, call Lynda now!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Erin! You were such a pleasure to work with and I loved your wedding style. So happy to hear you all felt as beautiful as you looked.Your pictures are stunning, thanks for sharing with me! xo

Megan · Married on 10/29/2010

Lynda from Formal Hair Design was a pleasure to work with! She was always accommodating and professional. Everything went perfectly from the hair trial to the actual wedding day! Lynda managed to keep 6 ladies calm and on a timeline so that we would all be ready on time. When she showed up it was like hanging out with a good friend. Everyone in my wedding party loved their hair on the wedding day and the styles lasted all night! I would definitely recommend her to my friends!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Erin · Married on 09/25/2010

Lynda at Formal Hair Design was amazing. She listened to me and made me feel very confortable during the trial and then my hair the day of my wedding was better than I could have imagined. The day of my wedding she came to the hotel and did my hair and my bridesmaids. She put me at ease and made the whole process stressfree. I was incredibly happy with my hair and it stayed put and was gorgeous through the entire wedding, reception and after party. I highly recommend Formal Hair Design.

Sent on 09/25/2010

Roseanne · Married on 09/18/2010

Lynda Williams from Formal Hair Design was great! I loved my bridal updo. It was creative and unique and exactly what I hoped for. She was great to work with and did my entire bridal party. She traveled all the way to Block Island across choppy waters to do our wedding party. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 11/18/2010

Kelly · Married on 09/06/2010

Lynda is absolutely amazing. Her creativity and the way she styles updos are beautiful. I went for a hair trial and she was very professional, listen to my ideas and made great suggestions. She KNOWS how to make an updo just beautiful! I absolutely loved my hair on my wedding day!!! She is easy to work with and responsive. She's the best!

Sent on 11/04/2010

Nicole · Married on 08/15/2010

Lynda and Maria did a beautiful job with my hair and all of my bridesmaids' hair. Three of my bridesmaids have pretty short hair and they all had gorgeous, intricate up-dos. Lynda came to our hotel room and stayed for hours doing everyone's hair. Formal Hair Design is definitely a worthwhile investment in your big day!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2009

I cannot say enough about Lynda! You want to become friends with her! She is a consummate professional and her warmth and sincere commitment are so felt while she works to create beautiful wedding hair.
    I had a big bridal party--7 bridesmaids, a flower girl and me! She handled the work load so efficiently! We all looked amazing and it's because Lynda is not only talented, but she listens to what you want-which is so important.
    I've also hired her for another wedding via my wedding consulting business and that was a 1920's Great Gatsby theme. She researched the period and came totally prepared to create 1920's hairdo's. Again, she was amazing and we were so pleased! Thank you Lynda!

Sent on 07/26/2009

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

Lynda and her team were great!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Hannah · Married on 03/25/2017

Lynda Williams is fantastic at her job. She made me feel so comfortable on my wedding day and in the weeks leading up to the big day. She did the hair of my MIL, 3 bridesmaids, and me. She also did my mother's make up who can be a little
    hard to please and has never had her makeup done. Everyone in the party wanted something slightly different. Lynda is highly attentive and a great listener. Everyone was so pleased with the results. I had a hair trial and requested a few minor tweaks on my wedding day. She nailed it. It was perfect. Lynda is a TRUE professional and I can't imagine my wedding day without her help and guidance. I would use her again in a heartbeat and recommend her services to anyone looking. You will be pleased!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Karen · Married on 06/22/2013

Lynda was wonderful! When I called her in October, she already had a booking for the same day, so I quickly snatched her up even before I had a hair trial. I knew I wanted Lynda because on her website I saw a hair style that she did for a runway show that was similar to what I wanted. I was so glad I booked her because when we met in April for the hair trial (by then my hair had grown long enough for the style I wanted), I showed her two pictures, a back and a front, and she was able to combine those two into a style that fit me and the look I was going for. On the wedding day, she arrived promptly and was able to do hair for me, the two mothers and my matron-of-honor ahead of schedule. Everyone looked beautiful!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Mara · Married on 06/07/2013

Linda and her assistant were extremely professional in everything they did. I couldn't have been more satisfied with the way my hair and makeup came out. All of my bridesmaids were extremely pleased with their hair as well. Linda had a way about her that made me feel at ease and it was like having a friend there helping me get ready. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 06/28/2013
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 08/19/2011

I had a very humid day, and a few curls didn't stay, but she did her best! Lynda was fun, professional, and easy to work with!

Sent on 11/05/2011

kara · Married on 08/13/2011

I highly recommend Linda for a wedding hair designer. At first I was having a difficult time justifying the cost since I had a modest wedding budget but in the end it was a great decision! Linda was great the morning of my wedding - there was a lot going on with family etc but she kept me calm and we ended up having a fun morning. I loved my hair and felt truly beautiful the day of my wedding thanks to her and my make-up artist Kirsten Brusse/`Joli Visage Makeup Artistry

Sent on 09/12/2011

Kara,
    You were so gorgeous and kind! We had a great time with you and your sweet friends on Block Island! Truly the most beautiful place ever! I can't wait for pro pics of you! Thanks for taking the time to review my business! Best wishes to you both, Xo

Rachel · Married on 08/07/2011

Lynda did such an amazing job! I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted and was getting extremely frustrated and anxious, but all it took was one trial with Lynda to figure out what I wanted. She did 5 looks in an hour - which was amazing - and we hammered down 2 possible looks. On the big day, everything looked amazing and she was so sweet and easy to work with. I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Sabrina · Married on 05/30/2010

Working with Lynda was a wonderful experience. Originally I thought I was going to do my own hair for my wedding, but then changed my mind a month away from the big day. I happened to be in RI for a weekend for our tasting (we live in NYC) and called Lynda to see if she was available for a trial. She was able to accomodate our tight schedule and agreed to see me later that day! My fiance and I met with her at her home salon where we talked about some ideas for my hair. By the time we left the trial we were both ecstatic with the outcome. I knew right away that I had made the right decision and Lynda was the lady for the job!

The day of the wedding Lynda and her assistant came to the B&B where I was getting ready along with my 12 bridesmaids!!! Both of them did an amazing job not only on me, but on my mom (I don't think she had ever looked so chic); and 7 of my bridesmaids. Each one of them looked amazing with their up-dos - which varied in styles. I loved the fact that Lynda was able to work with them individually to create their own classy look. It was important to us that our hairs be styled in a classy manner and not like prom queens and Lynda helped us achieve that look.

Thanks Lynda!!!!!!

Sent on 06/19/2010

Jan · Married on 04/27/2018

Lynda was a pleasure to work with. She was responsive and friendly. She made the day calming and enjoyable and really was able to connect with our wedding party. Her styles were beautiful and she was flexible in helping each person figuring out their style. I would highly recommend Lynda and her team. She truly made our wedding day amazing!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Lynda did my hair for my friend's wedding in Newport, as well as most of the other bridesmaids. Everyone looked beautiful, with the style the bride wanted, but different enough to be totally unique. I have honestly never felt as beautiful and elegant as I did that evening and I partially attribute it to how Lynda designed my hair. She was absolutely lovely during the entire tiem we were with her...as well as efficient, understanding and friendly.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Lynda was very easy to work with. I'm so glad we got ready at the house instead of having to travel to a salon, but it does make it more expensive.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2012

I had a wonderful experience with Lynda for my wedding. Having her come right to where myself and my bridal party was getting ready made the day so much less stressful, and much more enjoyable and fun. SHe was a pleasure to work with and we were all very happy with how we looked that day!

Sent on 08/14/2012
  • I

Ilanna · Married on 06/24/2011

3.0

Lynda was great, I just wish I had found her sooner. I had several terrible hair trials with some well known wedding styists and was extremely unhappy. Initially I felt Lynda was too pricey which is why I did not go to her first for a trial. However, she was well worth the money. As she explained to me, there is a difference between being a good hairdresser and a good wedding stylist and to her credit I feel she is both. She did a very nice job at my trials and my wedding day as well. She is also a good listener and willing to do what YOU want, not what she wants with your hair. My bridesmaids were pleased with their hair too. The reason I gave Lynda a 3 for flexibility is due to the fact that she is not available everyday due to the fact that she is a one woman operation and clearly trials cannot interfere with the other weddings and events that she already has scheduled. However, the great part about her working solo is that you can develop a great rapport with her and you can rest assured that the hairstyle she creates at your trial will look the same on your wedding day. I highly recommend Lynda and I know you will be pleased.

Sent on 07/28/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Ilanna, I loved having you for a bride and feel we made a true friendship. I thought I was accomodating. I am sorry you felt otherwise. I try my hardest to do my best to give my clients the best possible personal service they deserve. I know you were happy with my designing and that is the most important part of doing what I do. Looking forward to seeing you in the future! xo

Lynda and Kim were great! Mine and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup were perfect. The makeup looked beautiful and natural. She is easy to communicate with and is very nice. The hair and makeup trial is easy and she is very open to any changes or suggestions.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Annmarie · Married on 07/10/2009

3.5

Lynda was very professional and personable. My bridesmaids gave her pictures and she was able to reproduce the style almost exactly. My hair looked great and stayed put the entire night!

Sent on 07/27/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2012

Lynda was great to work with for my wedding day hair. We did a couple of trials to get my style perfect and then we made some last minute tweaks the day of. I loved the end result. She also did the hair for my 4 bridesmaids and flower girls as well.

Sent on 08/20/2012