Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

Lynda Williams Beauty 5
Lynda Williams Beauty 6
Lynda Williams Beauty 7

Alexis · Married on 09/10/2010

Lynda and her assistant from Formal Hair Design did an absolutely fabulous job styling all of the girls' hair for our wedding. There were a total of 8 of us that got our hair done and everyone loved their 'do'! I met Lynda for a hair trial a few months before the wedding and she was exetremly accomodating to what I wanted done(even when I changed the style I wanted slightly the morning of the wedding). Lynda was able to get all of our hair done, beautifully and per everyone's individual requests, within plenty of time to allow us to take some pictures and relax before the ceremony. I especially loved how she did my hair and would certainly recommend Lynda to future brides :)

Marisa · Married on 08/07/2010

I would like to highly recommend Lynda as a wonderful hair stylist. She styled my hair for my wedding and was completely professional and flexible. Despite the fact that I asked for 2 hair trials and even changed my mind again the day of the wedding, Lynda was so nice and every time she did my hair it came out beautifully - and was just what I asked for. The day of the wedding, she was on time, came with an assistant and worked with 8 different types of hair (including super curly hair!). Everyone's hair (especially mine - I was in love with it!) was beautiful and fit them just right. I switched from my old stylist and only go to Lynda now to get my long layers and bangs cut and colored just right. She's great and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Talia · Married on 07/23/2010

Lynda was a pleasure to work with and I am so glad that I found her. She was focused on creating exactly what I wanted and she was open to ideas and feedback throughout the process. I was very nervous the morning of my wedding, but when Lynda arrived I felt better. She has a very calming way about her and she was very personable to my family and to the staff at the B&B where we got ready. On a technical note, it started to rain as we finished getting ready (and continued raining through the night) and I didn't have any problems with my hairstyle staying intact. In fact, several people commented on how impressed they were that it didn't fall or come out one bit after the rain and dancing all night. I would highly recommend Lynda!

Margeaux · Married on 07/17/2010

I cannot begin to express my gratitude towards Lynda for her wonderful work on my wedding day. I went for my trial a few months before the wedding and was set in one hairstyle. About one week before my wedding, I asked Lynda if she would be willing to do something completely different. It was a last minute choice on my part and I knew there were risks because my hair is so frizzy, and would probably not last the day. Lynda was willing and open to do anything I really wanted and pulled off my dream hairstyle! It lasted the whole night even after we took pictures at Point Judith where it was very hot and breezy. I can’t tell you how many compliments I received on my hair, as well as my hair from the pictures too! Lynda was so easy to work with, and was able to pull off any hairstyle my bridesmaids wanted. Her time management was unbelievable, and I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to have amazing hair on the big day! Thank you so much Lynda!

Jen · Married on 07/03/2010

Lynda was an amazing addition to my wedding day. As a bride planning a "long-distance" wedding from San Francisco, I can't thank her enough for making the day stress-free and beautiful! She was both extremely professional and so much fun to work with. Throughout the day (and in the months since my wedding), everyone has complimented my bridesmaids and I on how stunning we looked. Lynda is definitely a hair artist who can help you create virtually any look you desire. She is also genuinely friendly and caring, and will go the extra mile to help make your wedding day perfect.

Carolyn · Married on 06/11/2010

Lynda was terrific during my hair trial and my wedding day. When I went for my trial she did exactly what was in the picture I showed her. After the trail I changed my mind about my hair, but I trusted that Lynda would still make me look great on my wedding day, so I didn't go for another trial. On my wedding day I gave her an idea of what I wanted and she did the rest. My hair looked great and it stayed in all through the night. She was able to do six peoples hair in plenty of time and everyone looked perfect. Lynda also got along great with everyone and was very professional. I would definitely recommend her to my closest friends and family members.

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2010

Lynda Williams from Formal Hair Design is a 10 out of 10!!! She not only pleased me as the bride but my two bridesmaids, mom and mother in law. Her creativity with each person's hair is amazing. No two people looked alike and everyone looked beautiful. My sister-in-law who worked in LA as a marketing representive for fashion and beauty models said after Lynda was finished with her, "This is so much better than I had invisioned!" And it was. You can bring her any photo and she can do it better! Not only that but Lynda remains calm in the "stress" of many women getting ready in one household. She is a joy! I would reccomend her to the most discerning bride. A+ Lynda! You are the best! Thanks for making my hair look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G on both my rehearsal night and wedding day!! Love, Jessica

Heather · Married on 05/14/2010

Lynda did 2 trials with me prior to the big day, and was fun, and easy to work with - she became a friend. She did my and my sister's hair for the wedding and we both looked great. I'd recommend her without hesitation for anyone. She is calm and fun and professional and will put any bride at ease.

Nina · Married on 12/28/2009

Lynda was amazing on my wedding day. I got married in Worcester, MA and I planned the whole wedding from Japan. Lynda was great at answering all of my emails and she was super flexible. I was only in America a week before the wedding, and she made time for me to do a hair trial. She even did a hair trial for my mom. I also had her cut and color my hair and it looked awesome. Lynda left Rhode Island at 4 am so she could start on my bridal party at 6 am in Worcester. We were on a tight schedule, and she finished everyone's hair right on time. Everyone looked incredible. She even did a great job on a very fidgety 4 year old flower girl. My hair was exactly what I wanted, and it stayed in place even through some high flying swing dancing. Lynda was worth three times her rates. She made me look beautiful, even through the jet lag. If you are getting married in Massachusetts, I would consider her before you even look at hair stylists from the Boston area.

Amber · Married on 10/10/2009

Lynda was INCREDIBLE. I found her on TheKnot.com as one of the BEST. Calling her a hair dresser just doesn't cut it! She is a true Hair Architect! I was planning my wedding in Newport RI from home in MA. Lynda made communication easy and pricing was beyond reasonable for her incredible talent. She took the time to make me feel comfortable and beautiful at our trial meeting in her private home salon.

The morning of our wedding she arrived right on time, and was excited for our big day! My hair was a vintage Gatsby-style up-do! I felt incredible and my make-up wasn't even on yet! Lynda styled my sisters hair with long beautiful curls, that stayed ALL DAY! Before Lynda packed up to leave, she noticed my Matron of Honor was having problems doing her own hair and offered to help. She decided to keep the vintage style theme and formed what looked like rosettes in her hair! All on a moments notice!

I will with out a doubt contact Lynda in the future and highly recommend her to everyone. My family enjoyed her presence immensely and were still talking about her and my hair long after the wedding. Her personality, professionalism, and talent are unmatched. I was lucky to find her and I am blessed to have her as my new friend!

Kelly · Married on 08/15/2009

Extremely easy to work with, professional and everyone was extremely pleased with the hair styling.

Carolyn · Married on 07/18/2009

It was so great working with Lynda on my wedding day. My hair turned out perfect and I got tons of compliments. Best of all it stayed perfect all day...despite the wind! She did my bridal party's hair too and everyone looked great. I would HIGHLY recommend Lynda!

Victoria · event on: 05/31/2018

Lynda has done my hair and makeup numerous times for tons of different events and does a fantastic job every time. She's super easy to work with and always knows exactly what you want. Whether you want a full glam look or something more natural, Lynda makes you feel super confident and makes sure you're 100% satisfied before you leave! She's professional, hardworking and overall so sweet. Highly recommend!

Victoria · event on: 05/31/2018

Colby · event on: 07/27/2014

Lynda was so warm and friendly and really took the time to create the vision I had for my engagement photos. She was very flexible with start time and made sure I was done with both hair and make-up in time! It was a great experience. I would highly recommend Lynda and Formal Hair and Makeup Design to any other Brides or girls looking to feel fabulous.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Colby, I had so much fun with you and your fiancé! I loved having you for a client and hope to see you in the near future. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review me! You are super sweet and gorgeous! All my best to you both! Xo

Laura · Married on 05/26/2018

Lynda did my wedding hair. She was professional and prompt. She took direction very well, and was able to make some tweaks between the trial and the wedding day that made for the PERFECT hair style for my big day. I couldn't have been happier with the final product, and she really helped me feel my best for the big day.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Thank you beautiful Laura! Your the sweetest and what an AMAZING day!! Xoxo

Paige · Married on 07/05/2014

All I can say is wow - in a good way! Lynda was absolutely fantastic and made each of my bridesmaids, my husband's mom and my mom, and me look great on my wedding day. She adjusted each look to work specifically for the individual and their comfort with makeup. We had another person do hair, but she accommodated each makeup look to work with the hairstyle each gal wanted so nothing looked "off". She managed changes to a few of the looks (i.e. "wait, can we try this lipstick? hmmm, let me try another one. Can I try this one too?") with the patience of a saint. Everyone looked great, everyone was comfortable, everyone looked like themselves. Lynda is fantastic. I really can't thank you enough!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Paige! We are so pleased you were happy with our services! That is our ultimate goal! I can't wait to see some photos of you in your dress! Please send some when you can. It was a memorable day! We loved being a part of it! Thanks again for taking time to review us! We are grateful! Xo

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2013

Lynda was a pleasure to work with and did an amazing job on my hair as well as the moms and bridesmaids hair. I would definitely recommend her service to any future bride.

Lynda did a wonderful job of creating a woven bridal updo I was happy with on my wedding day. Despite the look I wanted for the big day being a vast departure from the styles we tried during my trial, the vendor really pulled through the morning of the wedding. My bridesmaids were also content with their hairstyles.

Finding a salon to accommodate us on a Sunday was very difficult. Enter-- Formal Hair Design, whereby Lynda was able to travel to me on location at my inn. The convenience and the quality of this service was well worth it and helped me stay on top of my hectic morning schedule on the big day.

Kristen · Married on 09/15/2012

I guess I should just start out by saying i absolutely LOVED my hair on my wedding day. Lynda truly is a hair design artist. The detailing and originality of her work are unlike anything I have ever seen before. Lynda and her assistant, Kim, came to us onsite at OceanCliff in Newport and did my (the bride's) hair, as well as my mom's, mother-in-law's and 6 bridesmaids. The morning was very relaxing as everything went smoothly and we were all ready with time to spare! I would definitely recommend doing a trial with her, as I had her do what I though I wanted for an updo, which even though it was beautiful, I decided it wasn't me. On the actual wedding day I brought a photo of the general style I wanted, but told her that I wanted it to look cleaner, and she knew exactly what to do. I would definitely recommend Lynda to any future brides!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen! You were so great to work with! I loved your look! Can't wait to see more pictures...xo

I was so thrilled to have Lynda do the hair for me and my bridesmaids. She was so chill and relaxed and was open to ideas that my bridesmaids wanted. When one of them wanted to change her hairstyle she was gracious and open to it. For me she did a trial and then, months later when I was reconsidering the style she spent time with me on the phone (I dont live in RI) to discuss what would be best for my hair type. She has so many tricks up her sleeves to make even thin hair look fabulous. She is featured in all the bridal magazines for a reason - she is the best!

Chelsea · Married on 08/10/2012

I decided to have Lynda do my and my bridesmaids hair ridiculously last minute after my hair trial at the original salon went terribly. It was so last minute that I wasn’t able to schedule a trial (since I don’t live nearby), but I was confident she would do a great job regardless. She was wonderful and gave us all completely different hair styles we all loved—even for my sister’s and my very thick hair.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! So happy you were all pleased, what a fun crowd to work with! I hope your day was spectacular! Xx
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/17/2012

Lynda did an outstanding job styling my hair for our wedding! She listened to my ideas and created a great look for my trial months before the wedding. She was able to perfect it and made it even better on the actual day. She works magic!! All 3 of the girls in my bridal party had their hair done too that morning and Lynda was able to time things out perfectly so we actually had extra time to primp and check everyone's do's before heading out for our first look. Everyone looked, and more importantly, felt beautiful. Don't look any further brides-to-be, call Lynda now!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Erin! You were such a pleasure to work with and I loved your wedding style. So happy to hear you all felt as beautiful as you looked.Your pictures are stunning, thanks for sharing with me! xo

Megan · Married on 10/29/2010

Lynda from Formal Hair Design was a pleasure to work with! She was always accommodating and professional. Everything went perfectly from the hair trial to the actual wedding day! Lynda managed to keep 6 ladies calm and on a timeline so that we would all be ready on time. When she showed up it was like hanging out with a good friend. Everyone in my wedding party loved their hair on the wedding day and the styles lasted all night! I would definitely recommend her to my friends!

Erin · Married on 09/25/2010

Lynda at Formal Hair Design was amazing. She listened to me and made me feel very confortable during the trial and then my hair the day of my wedding was better than I could have imagined. The day of my wedding she came to the hotel and did my hair and my bridesmaids. She put me at ease and made the whole process stressfree. I was incredibly happy with my hair and it stayed put and was gorgeous through the entire wedding, reception and after party. I highly recommend Formal Hair Design.