Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

Lynda Williams Beauty 5
Lynda Williams Beauty 6
Lynda Williams Beauty 7

Kristi · Married on 07/02/2011

Lynda Williams is amazing. I booked her somewhere close to a year and a half before my wedding to make sure she was available. Her work is gorgeous, she is tremendously patient and supportive, and most importantly she is extremely talented. I would recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Kristi,

I absolutely adore you! You were such a beautiful bride...and a lovely person to work with. I will miss you terribly, our early morning emails and all...haha. Please keep in touch. All my best to you! Congratulations! xo

Danielle · Married on 06/18/2011

Based on a glowing recommendation from my wedding planner, I called Lynda and kept my fingers crossed that she was available. Not only was she friendly and accommodating during our very first conversation, but it was immediately clear to me just how passionate she is about what she does. And that kind of enthusiasm is contagious. She got me so excited about what I envisioned for myself, and what I wanted to convey with my hairstyle - one of the fun things a bride gets to think about! After about 5 minutes, I was sold and booked her on the spot. And it was the best decision I could've made! Lynda and I stayed in touch throughout my planning process, and our trial run confirmed that I was in very good hands. She was a great listener and nailed it - I felt like a princess! To be sure she could replicate it, she took a bunch of pictures and emailed them to me to review (I loved every angle!). When my wedding day arrived, she was right on time, and brought two assistants with her to accommodate my party of 9. We were all on a timeline, of course, and she helped us stick to it. She had me completely styled and ready to go when my photographer arrived. And she could not have been warmer to me and my bridesmaids. Everyone loved her and her assistants, and we had a blast getting our hair done in my room (at OceanCliff in Newport). Most importantly, it took the pressure off of me to get myself out the door the morning of my wedding. I was able to wake up, shower and get beautified, all in the comfort of my own room. Fabulous! Lynda is truly talented, and I highly recommend using her services. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/01/2011
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2011

I booked Lynda based on all the fabulous reviews on WeddingWire so it's only fair of me to add another glowing review to her portfolio.

Lynda was great to work with from start to finish. During the planning stage she answered all of my emails and phone calls in a prompt and professional manner. We worked through the trial and she offered great solutions on how to make my wedding day look even better.

All of the planning certainly did pay off because I couldn't have been happier with the way my hair turned out on my wedding day. Lynda and team did an amazing job on myself plus my 8 bridesmaids and mother of the bride. We were quite the group and Lynda and her assistant Maria did a beautiful job on each and every one of us! Everyone loved their style and it held up from mid morning through the end of the reception at midnight! Through rain, wind and lots of dancing we all still looked fabulous!

Thank-you Lynda for helping to make my wedding day such a memorable and beautiful day!
    I recommend Formal Hair Design to anyone!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Sarah, thank you so much! You were such a sweet bride to work with and you were radiating beauty on your wedding day! I love all your pictures and your girls were so much fun. Thank you for letting us be a small part of your amazing day! Love to you both! xo

Alison · Married on 05/28/2011

Lynda is simply the best. She listened to me, dealt with the fact that I totally changed my hair from my trial to the actual event, and did an amazing job with my bridesmaids. She is friendly, efficient, and really knows hair. And most importantly, she is extremely patient and really listens to what you say. Book her fast because I know she's popular, and she's great... And the last thing is that my hair stayed up the entire ceremony and reception - through all the dancing and in the last shots it looked like it had just been done. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Alison,
    You looked GORGEOUS! You were so great to work with and I loved you all! So happy you had a perfect day!

xoxo
  • Y

Casey · Married on 05/14/2011

Lynda was absolutely fabulous with my hair as well as my 3 bridesmaids. I loved that she came to us at the hotel the morning of my big day, it really made things a lot easier and less stressful for me which was key. She is so laid back, nice, fun, professional, helpful and extremely knowledgeable in her craft. The entire time she was making us all look so great, we were all laughing and joking, it really made for a wonderful way to start the day.
    She was also extremely helpful in terms of ideas for hairstyles. I'm not an updo person, nor a frilly "lets poof you full of curls" girl. She understood completely and helped me to visualize a comfortable yet beautiful style for my hair. I never have my hair "done" and on such a big day I ended up getting myself nervous about trivial things that weren't and didn't happen. Will my flower stay in place? Will my hair freak out? And she really handled me great and made me feel at ease with everything. I needed to be talked down off the ledge a bit so to speak haha
    All of my bridesmaids hair came out fantastic too. They brought some photos of ideas they had as well as some little flowers I bought them to put in their hair. Lynda went right to work and made everyone just look so great in hairstyles that they were comfortable with and that still made them feel like themselves.
    I would absolutely recommend going with Formal Hair Design for your special day or event. I couldn't have asked for anything better!
    Thanks again Lynda!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/09/2011

My wedding was on April 9th this past year. Lynda and her assistant did an amazing job on myself, my maid-of-honor and my sister-in-law. She was professional and willing to do whatever we wanted. I had so many compliments on my hair, everyone loved it, especially my husband! I truely felt beautiful, I would highly reccomend her! Thank you Lynda!!

Sent on 05/11/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/24/2010

Lynda is just the best. I had two trials with her- she did exactly what I asked. I would show her a picture and she would create the exact look. On my second trial I could not decide what it was I wanted afterall and had a little moment out of nerves and she reminded me to relax- she was just so supportive. So the day of I told her I wanted a totally different hairstyle than what we had done in the trials and she came through! I was never sure of what I really wanted my hair to look like and the morning of she created what I pointed to in a magazine and that was the one! I didnt have a veil or any hair pieces, no jewelry and last minute while my makeup was being done, Lynda ran out of the room, came back in with two tiny flowers in her hand and pinned them into my hair- perfection! She's truely an artist!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Jamie · Married on 10/23/2010

Lynda was fantastic!! I cannot say enough good things about her! She's very receptive and listens to you! Also, she knows what looks good on people and trys to be creative to make you look your best! I loved my hair for my wedding day and I feel lucky that I had her with me!! My girls looked gorgeous and I was stunning!! Thank you so much Lynda! You are great!

Sent on 11/20/2010

Amy · Married on 10/16/2010

Lynda was amazing to work with! Not only did she do a completely wonderful job with my hair, but all of the bridesmaids looked fantastic as well. I had one bridesmaid who choose to get her hair done by another hair dresser and she later informed me that she made the wrong decision. Lynda was so accomodating, from getting my trial done (a year before the wedding) haha, to the actual wedding itself. Another future bride saw my hair as I was walking through the hotel and asked my mother who my hair dresser was. I later found out she booked Lynda after my mother gave her the information. It was probably the best decision both of us made :)

Thank you Lynda!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Jen · Married on 10/01/2010

Lynda is an artist with hair. She did a pretty complex updo on me and it looked beautiful. I brought her a picture for inspiration and she really gave me exactly what I envisioned. Aside from me, she did hair for my mom, two sisters and two nieces. Everyone was happy with the outcome. Lynda is also very professional and responsive - very helpful in terms of offering advise on other vendors too. We enjoyed having Lynda with us the morning of the wedding while getting ready, she was great and I'm so glad I chose her to be part of the day!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Alexis · Married on 09/10/2010

Lynda and her assistant from Formal Hair Design did an absolutely fabulous job styling all of the girls' hair for our wedding. There were a total of 8 of us that got our hair done and everyone loved their 'do'! I met Lynda for a hair trial a few months before the wedding and she was exetremly accomodating to what I wanted done(even when I changed the style I wanted slightly the morning of the wedding). Lynda was able to get all of our hair done, beautifully and per everyone's individual requests, within plenty of time to allow us to take some pictures and relax before the ceremony. I especially loved how she did my hair and would certainly recommend Lynda to future brides :)

Sent on 10/08/2010

Marisa · Married on 08/07/2010

I would like to highly recommend Lynda as a wonderful hair stylist. She styled my hair for my wedding and was completely professional and flexible. Despite the fact that I asked for 2 hair trials and even changed my mind again the day of the wedding, Lynda was so nice and every time she did my hair it came out beautifully - and was just what I asked for. The day of the wedding, she was on time, came with an assistant and worked with 8 different types of hair (including super curly hair!). Everyone's hair (especially mine - I was in love with it!) was beautiful and fit them just right. I switched from my old stylist and only go to Lynda now to get my long layers and bangs cut and colored just right. She's great and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/17/2011

Talia · Married on 07/23/2010

Lynda was a pleasure to work with and I am so glad that I found her. She was focused on creating exactly what I wanted and she was open to ideas and feedback throughout the process. I was very nervous the morning of my wedding, but when Lynda arrived I felt better. She has a very calming way about her and she was very personable to my family and to the staff at the B&B where we got ready. On a technical note, it started to rain as we finished getting ready (and continued raining through the night) and I didn't have any problems with my hairstyle staying intact. In fact, several people commented on how impressed they were that it didn't fall or come out one bit after the rain and dancing all night. I would highly recommend Lynda!

Sent on 08/13/2010

Margeaux · Married on 07/17/2010

I cannot begin to express my gratitude towards Lynda for her wonderful work on my wedding day. I went for my trial a few months before the wedding and was set in one hairstyle. About one week before my wedding, I asked Lynda if she would be willing to do something completely different. It was a last minute choice on my part and I knew there were risks because my hair is so frizzy, and would probably not last the day. Lynda was willing and open to do anything I really wanted and pulled off my dream hairstyle! It lasted the whole night even after we took pictures at Point Judith where it was very hot and breezy. I can’t tell you how many compliments I received on my hair, as well as my hair from the pictures too! Lynda was so easy to work with, and was able to pull off any hairstyle my bridesmaids wanted. Her time management was unbelievable, and I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to have amazing hair on the big day! Thank you so much Lynda!

Sent on 09/12/2010

Jen · Married on 07/03/2010

Lynda was an amazing addition to my wedding day. As a bride planning a "long-distance" wedding from San Francisco, I can't thank her enough for making the day stress-free and beautiful! She was both extremely professional and so much fun to work with. Throughout the day (and in the months since my wedding), everyone has complimented my bridesmaids and I on how stunning we looked. Lynda is definitely a hair artist who can help you create virtually any look you desire. She is also genuinely friendly and caring, and will go the extra mile to help make your wedding day perfect.

Sent on 09/23/2010

Carolyn · Married on 06/11/2010

Lynda was terrific during my hair trial and my wedding day. When I went for my trial she did exactly what was in the picture I showed her. After the trail I changed my mind about my hair, but I trusted that Lynda would still make me look great on my wedding day, so I didn't go for another trial. On my wedding day I gave her an idea of what I wanted and she did the rest. My hair looked great and it stayed in all through the night. She was able to do six peoples hair in plenty of time and everyone looked perfect. Lynda also got along great with everyone and was very professional. I would definitely recommend her to my closest friends and family members.

Sent on 07/15/2010

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2010

Lynda Williams from Formal Hair Design is a 10 out of 10!!! She not only pleased me as the bride but my two bridesmaids, mom and mother in law. Her creativity with each person's hair is amazing. No two people looked alike and everyone looked beautiful. My sister-in-law who worked in LA as a marketing representive for fashion and beauty models said after Lynda was finished with her, "This is so much better than I had invisioned!" And it was. You can bring her any photo and she can do it better! Not only that but Lynda remains calm in the "stress" of many women getting ready in one household. She is a joy! I would reccomend her to the most discerning bride. A+ Lynda! You are the best! Thanks for making my hair look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G on both my rehearsal night and wedding day!! Love, Jessica

Sent on 06/28/2010

Heather · Married on 05/14/2010

Lynda did 2 trials with me prior to the big day, and was fun, and easy to work with - she became a friend. She did my and my sister's hair for the wedding and we both looked great. I'd recommend her without hesitation for anyone. She is calm and fun and professional and will put any bride at ease.

Sent on 05/30/2010

Nina · Married on 12/28/2009

Lynda was amazing on my wedding day. I got married in Worcester, MA and I planned the whole wedding from Japan. Lynda was great at answering all of my emails and she was super flexible. I was only in America a week before the wedding, and she made time for me to do a hair trial. She even did a hair trial for my mom. I also had her cut and color my hair and it looked awesome. Lynda left Rhode Island at 4 am so she could start on my bridal party at 6 am in Worcester. We were on a tight schedule, and she finished everyone's hair right on time. Everyone looked incredible. She even did a great job on a very fidgety 4 year old flower girl. My hair was exactly what I wanted, and it stayed in place even through some high flying swing dancing. Lynda was worth three times her rates. She made me look beautiful, even through the jet lag. If you are getting married in Massachusetts, I would consider her before you even look at hair stylists from the Boston area.

Sent on 01/14/2010

Amber · Married on 10/10/2009

Lynda was INCREDIBLE. I found her on TheKnot.com as one of the BEST. Calling her a hair dresser just doesn't cut it! She is a true Hair Architect! I was planning my wedding in Newport RI from home in MA. Lynda made communication easy and pricing was beyond reasonable for her incredible talent. She took the time to make me feel comfortable and beautiful at our trial meeting in her private home salon.

The morning of our wedding she arrived right on time, and was excited for our big day! My hair was a vintage Gatsby-style up-do! I felt incredible and my make-up wasn't even on yet! Lynda styled my sisters hair with long beautiful curls, that stayed ALL DAY! Before Lynda packed up to leave, she noticed my Matron of Honor was having problems doing her own hair and offered to help. She decided to keep the vintage style theme and formed what looked like rosettes in her hair! All on a moments notice!

I will with out a doubt contact Lynda in the future and highly recommend her to everyone. My family enjoyed her presence immensely and were still talking about her and my hair long after the wedding. Her personality, professionalism, and talent are unmatched. I was lucky to find her and I am blessed to have her as my new friend!

Sent on 09/30/2009

Kelly · Married on 08/15/2009

Extremely easy to work with, professional and everyone was extremely pleased with the hair styling.

Sent on 11/25/2009

Carolyn · Married on 07/18/2009

It was so great working with Lynda on my wedding day. My hair turned out perfect and I got tons of compliments. Best of all it stayed perfect all day...despite the wind! She did my bridal party's hair too and everyone looked great. I would HIGHLY recommend Lynda!

Sent on 08/01/2009

Laura · Married on 05/26/2018

Lynda did my wedding hair. She was professional and prompt. She took direction very well, and was able to make some tweaks between the trial and the wedding day that made for the PERFECT hair style for my big day. I couldn't have been happier with the final product, and she really helped me feel my best for the big day.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Thank you beautiful Laura! Your the sweetest and what an AMAZING day!! Xoxo

Paige · Married on 07/05/2014

All I can say is wow - in a good way! Lynda was absolutely fantastic and made each of my bridesmaids, my husband's mom and my mom, and me look great on my wedding day. She adjusted each look to work specifically for the individual and their comfort with makeup. We had another person do hair, but she accommodated each makeup look to work with the hairstyle each gal wanted so nothing looked "off". She managed changes to a few of the looks (i.e. "wait, can we try this lipstick? hmmm, let me try another one. Can I try this one too?") with the patience of a saint. Everyone looked great, everyone was comfortable, everyone looked like themselves. Lynda is fantastic. I really can't thank you enough!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Paige! We are so pleased you were happy with our services! That is our ultimate goal! I can't wait to see some photos of you in your dress! Please send some when you can. It was a memorable day! We loved being a part of it! Thanks again for taking time to review us! We are grateful!
    Xo

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2013

Lynda was a pleasure to work with and did an amazing job on my hair as well as the moms and bridesmaids hair. I would definitely recommend her service to any future bride.

Sent on 10/23/2013