Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

Lynda Williams Beauty 4
Lynda Williams Beauty 5
Lynda Williams Beauty 6
Lynda Williams Beauty 7

Really lovely experience working with Lynda of Formal Hair Design. She is just the calming presence you need on your wedding day. She will work with you to create your hairstyle and is especially attentive towards other important wedding party members - moms, etc. Would highly recommend!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/17/2014

Lynda is amazing! I was so happy with with everything she did! She did my hair and makeup and also my maid of honors. Shes very versatile, natural look (what I wanted) and dramatic (what my maid of honor wanted) both came out beautifully and exactly what we both wanted! I felt very comfortable with her and that's very important when choosing someone for your big day, given how stressful the day is. She has a new salon in Wakefield and I loved her work so much I wish I lived there so I could go to her! She's so nice and talented! I can't say enough about her! I know It sounds like gushing and I am! I truly enjoyed and appreciated her being apart of my big day!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Whitney! You were a complete pleasure to work with! I had an amazing day with you your friends and your dog! You looked so gorgeous in that dress! I loved you bridal style, it was perfect for you! I hope you stop in and say hello when you come to visit RI! Thank you! Xo
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/26/2014

Lynda and her assistants were punctual and efficient! They did an amazing job and met us at our hotel suite! I also did a trial with lynda during which she changed my hair when I was done so i could use the makeup and different hairstyle for my engagement photos! She responded very quickly to any questions I had and was very nice and friendly! She is doing my cousin-in laws wedding too and I can't wait to have her make me look amazing again! Highly recommend!

Preeti · Married on 04/18/2014

To start off I have to say Lynda is a very sweet and warm person. She made feel comfortable both before and on the wedding day. She is good company to have in your stressful moment. :) Getting ready for an Indian wedding can feel like you;re in the middle of a circus and that's when you need someone like Lynda to do your makeup.
    Lynda is the best artist I could get! I knew I was going to be her first Indian bride, but I saw her work on her website and knew right away that I found the perfect artist. The trial was pleasant and helped us get familiar, to understand what I want and what Lynda had to offer. Its been four months and people are still telling me how beautiful my hair and make up was and how beautiful I looked. I like natural/neutral makeup and Lynda did the perfect job of making it look natural, yet glamorous and elegant all at the same time. I had my hair/makeup on for almost 10 hours and still looked fresh at the end of the day. I looked transformed yet just like myself.
    I highly recommend Lynda for your special day! She is sweet, talented, professional, and very intuitive when it comes to your own unique style. :) 5 gold stars!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Pretti I, you are so sweet to write this wonderful review for me! Thank you so much! I'm so pleased you were happy and felt beautiful on your wedding day! Your Indian wedding was such an amazing day for me to spend with you and your beautiful family. Your Moms Chai tea was sooo delish! Tell her thank you for making me feel like part of your family for that day. I'm so grateful to have had you as one of my most unforgettable brides! Much love! X

Tasha · Married on 04/04/2014

I can't say enough good things about Lynda and Kim!
    It was such a pleasure to have them involved in our special day!
    Lynda and Kim were able to give me and my bridesmaids the exact hair and make-up that we wanted.
    They both were able to make us all feel comfortable and beautiful! Everybody's hair and make-up were flawless,
    They were both pleasant (at 6:00AM) and easy to work with!
    I couldn't have asked for more!
    Thank you so much again for making me feel beautiful on my special day!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Tasha, thank you so much. You truly looked so beautiful! We loved being part of the pre party pampering! Very best to you and yours. Xo
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 11/09/2013

Lynda of Formal Hair and Makeup Design was great to work with. She and Kim came to my hotel room the morning of the wedding and did the hair and makeup for me and my 3 bridesmaids. She is very easy to work with, really listening to what you are looking for and offering suggestions that will work for you. They helped to take my mind off the nerves as I was getting ready, which was no easy feat! When we were all done, they had made us look so pretty. I really felt like a bride. Thanks Lynda!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Taylor, I am so happy for you. Great to hear you felt beautiful and calm. You looked stunning! It was such a pleasure to have worked with you! All my best! xo

Lynda is amazing and I highly recommend her! I was married on Block Island and Lynda provided hair and makeup services for myself, my mother as well as bridesmaids and flower girls. I got ready with all the girls- 15 of us in all. Lynda came over on the first ferry and immediately did my hair and makeup as well as my mother's. She then made herself available to anyone else. She gave each bridesmaid and flower girl a little individual attention. Some wanted a blow out, some an updo, some make-up or maybe just a little advice on the right shade of lipstick. The house was buzzing with activity, music, eating and laughter. Lynda never got flustered with all the requests and activities and and she felt like part of the group.
    Lynda is professional, calm, talented, confident and reassuring- just the person you want to work with on your wedding day.
    I did a trial prior to the wedding which I highly recommend. On the trial day, Lynda did just what I asked but I realized later that the style I chose wasn't me. On the wedding day, she changed the style and it fit me perfectly. She listened to each person and did just what she asked so that each woman felt comfortable, looked beautiful and looked like herself.

Corie · Married on 10/12/2013

Lynda did such an amazing job on all our hair for the wedding. She nailed what every single person wanted and the hair LASTED! Even with those crazy Block Island winds! The flowers in my hair didn't even move! Seeing the pictures of us all together, I think it's the hair that really creates the entire look.

Lynda was such a delight to be around especially during all of the pre-wedding madness. She really calmed me and made me feel so much better about the day. I know I was in the best hands possible with her.

Alycia · Married on 10/05/2013

Lynda was amazing!!! I just got married yesterday and she made me stress free, look beautiful, and made me laugh while getting ready with the girls at my mothers house. she is so talented with both hair and makeup I'd recommend to any bride that wants to look perfect!! Thanks for making my day special love you!!! mrs. O !!!

Laura · Married on 08/23/2013

Lynda is an amazing artist and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. Her and her team made my entire bridal party feel so comfortable getting ready for the big day. My hair and make up were gorgeous and I strongly recommend Lynda and her team to anyone!

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2013

Lynda was fantastic! I felt so comfortable with her, and it was such a relief to have someone who could make me feel so beautiful and still ask for more feedback! She was accommodating in every sense of the way and was able to handle a large wedding party! I would definitely recommend her to any bride wanting to look their best on the big day!

Lynda was exceptional the day of my daughter's wedding on July 20, 2013 in Newport, RI. My daughter had gone for a trial session with Lynda and once the hairstyle was decided, Lynda took many pictures so that she would do the exact same style the day of the wedding...and she did! It was absolutely beautiful and held the entire day including the evening cruise in Newport Harbor.

Seven people were scheduled to have hair completed by 10:00 AM. To get everyone completed on-time, Lynda brought another hairdresser, which she had told us about. She brought a hairdresser as talented as she. The hairstyles for the wedding party came out stunning and again they held all day long! We added an additional person the morning of the wedding and Lynda had no problem with that as long as time allowed. We had extra time because Lynda and her assistant were professional and kept the morning moving. I would definitely recommend Lynda!

Lynda was fantastic! I had several ideas for my hair and she pulled it together wonderfully. I had zero ideas for my makeup and she came in and did an unbelievable job. My hair and makeup were elegant all day long! I am so glad to have met and worked with Lynda. It was a great start to my perfect day!

Michelle · Married on 07/04/2013

Lynda and her assistant of Formal Hair Design provided hair services to myself, my entire bridal party and the Mom's. She is punctual, reasonably priced and mobile. The fact that she provided service on site the day of the wedding was crucial for me. Lynda has a very calm presence about her and an easy going personality. With all of the stresses and events leading up to the wedding, I found this to be so refreshing and much needed as we prepared for the big day. I was very pleased with how beautiful everyone looked that day and enjoyed the entire design process with Lynda, start to finish.

Michelle · Married on 07/04/2013

Jenny · Married on 06/21/2013

Awesome job! Loved working with Lynda so much that we invited her to the wedding :)

Dianne · Married on 06/21/2013

We were fortunate to have Lynda Williams, Formal Hair and Makeup Design, as part of our wedding day. Lynda is very talented, patient, creative, pays particular attention to every detail, and is a great lady. As mother of the bride, I especially appreciated Linda's warmth, and sense of humor. She was a pleasure to work with. We traveled from NJ to RI to Lynda's lovely salon for our make up and hair trial in May. From the beginning, we knew Lynda would be wonderful. On the wedding day, Linda traveled to Block Island to tend to family and bridal party. She added a calm to our pre-wedding schedule. It was such a pleasure having Lynda with us on wedding day. She worked her magic! I highly recommend Formal Hair and Makeup Design!!

Susan · Married on 06/01/2013

Lynda was great. She listened to what I wanted and it was beautiful. On the wedding day she and her assistant arrived on time and did a fantastic job on the entire wedding party.

Judy · Married on 05/04/2013

Lynda does amazing work! I was thrilled with my hair and it stayed perfect all night long. My wedding party all loved their hair too - she really did a great job. Not only is Lynda very talented, but she is a great person too. I loved working with her!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Judy, I was thrilled to be part of your wedding day! We had so much fun! You looked gorgeous and Zenobia did an amazing job capturing your beauty! Keep in touch!

Where do I even begin?! Thank you to Lynda and her team for helping to make our wedding THE best day of our lives. I've never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. I loved my hair and make up...and thought my bridesmaids and mom(s) looked gorgeous. Lynda's "team" was so kind and helpful, I can't believe we pulled it all off!

Lynda is such a talented artist and I'm so grateful for her patience and expertise. I received many compliments (as did my girls) and we've been singing her praises.

Lynda was extremely helpful and understanding as I saw her for 2 trials prior to the Big Day. She welcomed me into her home both times and worked with me until I felt completely comfortable with my hair and make up.

I cannot express my gratitude enough... Lynda is the best!

Sent on 05/01/2013

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Ashley! You were a dream to work with and I absolutely adore you! I am so grateful to have had you as a client and I hope to keep in touch with you! Your the best! Wishing you much love and happiness! xol

Melissa · Married on 03/09/2013

Lynda and her assistant Jennifer did an amazing job for hair and makeup for my March wedding. I am so happy I went with Lynda, who is now also my regular hairstylist. I found her online and entrusted her to do my highlights and cut a few weeks before my wedding instead of my regular stylist. I have never had such natural looking highlights that shimmered for all the pictures. I couldn't have been more pleased with the results.

Her makeup artistry is incredible and she is continually learning new techniques. She now offers airbrushing, which I tried for my wedding. My makeup looked flawless and natural! She listens to what you want done, but is not afraid to give you her expert opinion on style and color choices, which were spot in my case! My entire bridal party looked amazing and were complete on time for photos without chaos or a rushed feeling, which was key for me.

I would highly recommend Formal Hair and Makeup Design for your future wedding needs and as a permanent hair stylist. Lynda works out of her home with a very professional setup and separate space for clients. Her pricing is on par with all other hair stylist in the area, and for the value, worth every penny. She even went out of her way to "beautify" me after my highlight appointment because she knew I was getting boudoir photos taken that same day! You wont be disappointed if you have Lynda on your wedding day!

carrie · Married on 10/14/2012

Linda was absolutely amazing! I was very nervous about finding a hair stylist for my wedding and was so happy to have found her. She made me feel completely comfortable and reassured from my first appointment. When I was a little unsure about my first trial, she was amazing about letting me try another until it was perfect. I was so happy to have her be a part of my wedding day. I would highly recommend her to any bride. Thanks again Linda!!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Carrie, Thank you so much! You were so great to work with and I hope you keep in touch for future events and such. I can't tell you how gorgeous you looked that day! It shines through in those pictures. I loved your girls too! What a fabulous day! Lots of love to you both! xo

Lynda did an amazing job with my hair and make-up for my wedding. She made me feel very comfortable and spent a lot of time getting to know me. She really captured the essence of how I wanted to look and feel. I would recommend her for any wedding, event or special occasion. It was a perfect experience.

Susan · Married on 10/07/2012

Lynda was awesome!!!
    She was incredibly easy to work with. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding and it looked beautiful. I kept getting compliments. I looked better than I dreamed of and felt perfect walking down the aisle.
    She also did hair for my 8 bridesmaids and mother. It was so nice that she comes to meet you. It made the day more enjoyable and less stressful to get ready at one place. Lynda was great and sent one of my bridesmaids with a curling iron and instructions on how to touch up my hair right before the wedding.
    She could not have had more attention to detail. As the night went on, my hairstyle relaxed beautifully and kept looking great. My bridesmaids were joking at the reception that Lynda would have come along, if we'd let her, to keep touching up my style.
    Lynda was a great part of my wedding day that I truly appreciate. Thank you.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Susan! I was so honored to be a part of your wedding day! You were so beautiful and a joy to be with! I could have easily been convinced to stay through the party! haha I loved you all-what beautiful people you have in your life! I wish you all good things.

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2012

After a suggestion through my wedding planner, I immediately scheduled a trial appointment to see Lynda. We set a date and I was over there as soon as I could. Lynda is warm, personable and an absolute sweetheart to work with. She listened attentively to what I had in mind for my hair. As for the makeup, I was at a loss and let Lynda do what she does best. I couldn't stop beaming and looking at my reflection in the mirror once she was done. As for the day of the wedding, she made me look even better than I looked at the trial - which I thought was impossible. She worked really well with my Mother and sister (my maid of honor) and had them grinning from ear to ear by the time she was done with them.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Stephanie, thank YOU so much! You were a dream to work with and I am so happy you felt beautiful! I loved working with you! xo