Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

Lynda Williams Beauty 5
Lynda Williams Beauty 6
Lynda Williams Beauty 7

Jackie · Married on 10/24/2014

Lynda was THE BEST! I absolutely loved my hair for my wedding, as did my bridesmaids and mom. She was so responsive and helpful to work with leading up to my wedding too. She really helped me narrow down the style I actually wanted, even when I was overwhelmed with all the choices out there! Lynda listened to me but provided great advice as well--a perfect mix for a VERY happy bride :) I highly recommend her! Oh, and did I say how efficient, organized, and on top of things she is?!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Dear Jackie

Your too funny! But thank you for all those amazing compliments. I'm beaming! You looked like a super model. I hope you keep in touch! It certainly was a pleasure working with you all! Xo

Linda was the perfect fit as my hair and makeup artist for my wedding!! She is such a genuine person and takes such great pride in her work. I was extremely happy with my hair and makeup for such a momentous day in my life. I have found my new hairdresser!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Kylah · Married on 10/11/2014

Lynda and her crew were absolutely wonderful. She was so accommodating and everyone looked gorgeous!! I would recommend her to all future brides!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2014

Lynda and her team were very personable and great to work with for our wedding. She had a very calming presence which is key on such an important but sometimes stressful day. They made me and my girls feel beautiful!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Jen · Married on 09/28/2014

I found Lynda on a wedding website, she had very good reviews. Although she is an hour away from my house, she was minutes from my venue. She worked the 6 months before my wedding repairing what my other stylist did to me! lol It wasn't pretty. It was quite the process, but each time I left her salon I felt great!
    By the time the wedding rolled around and I woke up that morning, I looked in the mirror and said, "Ugh! Good luck working with THIS, Lynda!!" Well, when she was finished and put that mirror in front of my face, I was shocked. I could not believe how BEAUTIFUL I looked!!! I really couldn't. The makeup was perfect, natural, with a touch of drama. My hair was gorgeous. It was THE look I had dreamed of. No exaggeration. My bridal party looked amazing, too! Everyone was happy. And people used the word "stunning" quite a bit that day. :) I take no credit for that. lol
    It's every bride's dream to walk down the aisle feeling beautiful and confident. This was my gift from Lynda.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Jen,

You have been such a gift to me! I love that you felt so beautiful on your wedding day! That was my ultimate goal for you! I'm so thankful you reached out to me long ago. I also hope we remain friends and I still get to make you feel beautiful every 8 weeks! It was such a pleasure to work with you to create your perfect bridal look! All my best to you and Charlie! Xoxo

Lynda was lovely! She was professional, kind and really listened to me (being one that does not wear a ton of makeup). I would HIGHLY recommend her services - can't be beat in RI!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Dana · Married on 09/12/2014

I highly recommend Lynda. I did a hair trial with her for my wedding and she did an amazing job. She made me feel very comfortable and relaxed because I could tell she knew what she was doing and because she has a lot of experience. Lynda did everyone's hair for my sister's wedding a few years ago and after receiving numerous compliments on how good everyone's hair looked I knew I had a to hire Lynda for my wedding too. Lynda and her assistant were on time and professional. I cannot thank Lynda enough for making me and my bridal party look and feel great on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Dana! I'm beyond thrilled that you all felt beautiful! What a treat to have been a part of your wedding day! Your so beautiful! I love your family! I'd love some pictures when you get some back. Much love to you both! Xo

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2014

I am beyond thrilled that I had Lynda Williams for my wedding day. She is AMAZING! I had Lynda and her team do myself, my bridesmaids, and mothers hair and makeup. Everyone looked so beautiful and natural. The hair was flawless and lasted all night. The makeup looked so natural and beautiful, no one looked "over done". The makeup lasted all night, pictures look awesome! I loved everything about my hair and makeup. It was exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be happier. Her and her team bring a relaxing vibe, which was perfect for the day of the wedding with all the craziness going on around you. I HIGHLY recommend Lynda Williams for any event you may have. She is the best and you will not get the same quality of work with someone else.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Sarah! It was our pleasure to spend your wedding morning with you all! Can't wait for some pictures! Wishing you love and happiness together always! Xo

Colby · event on 07/27/2014

Lynda was so warm and friendly and really took the time to create the vision I had for my engagement photos. She was very flexible with start time and made sure I was done with both hair and make-up in time! It was a great experience. I would highly recommend Lynda and Formal Hair and Makeup Design to any other Brides or girls looking to feel fabulous.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Colby, I had so much fun with you and your fiancé! I loved having you for a client and hope to see you in the near future. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review me! You are super sweet and gorgeous! All my best to you both! Xo

Lynda was fantastic to work with for my wedding on Block Island. She was extremely responsive throughout the planning process and made sure that everyone was happy with all hair & make-up on the wedding day! I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Thank you Christine! You were a pleasure to work with! Xo

Really lovely experience working with Lynda of Formal Hair Design. She is just the calming presence you need on your wedding day. She will work with you to create your hairstyle and is especially attentive towards other important wedding party members - moms, etc. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/01/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/17/2014

Lynda is amazing! I was so happy with with everything she did! She did my hair and makeup and also my maid of honors. Shes very versatile, natural look (what I wanted) and dramatic (what my maid of honor wanted) both came out beautifully and exactly what we both wanted! I felt very comfortable with her and that's very important when choosing someone for your big day, given how stressful the day is. She has a new salon in Wakefield and I loved her work so much I wish I lived there so I could go to her! She's so nice and talented! I can't say enough about her! I know It sounds like gushing and I am! I truly enjoyed and appreciated her being apart of my big day!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Whitney! You were a complete pleasure to work with! I had an amazing day with you your friends and your dog! You looked so gorgeous in that dress! I loved you bridal style, it was perfect for you! I hope you stop in and say hello when you come to visit RI! Thank you! Xo
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/26/2014

Lynda and her assistants were punctual and efficient! They did an amazing job and met us at our hotel suite! I also did a trial with lynda during which she changed my hair when I was done so i could use the makeup and different hairstyle for my engagement photos! She responded very quickly to any questions I had and was very nice and friendly! She is doing my cousin-in laws wedding too and I can't wait to have her make me look amazing again! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Preeti · Married on 04/18/2014

To start off I have to say Lynda is a very sweet and warm person. She made feel comfortable both before and on the wedding day. She is good company to have in your stressful moment. :) Getting ready for an Indian wedding can feel like you;re in the middle of a circus and that's when you need someone like Lynda to do your makeup.
    Lynda is the best artist I could get! I knew I was going to be her first Indian bride, but I saw her work on her website and knew right away that I found the perfect artist. The trial was pleasant and helped us get familiar, to understand what I want and what Lynda had to offer. Its been four months and people are still telling me how beautiful my hair and make up was and how beautiful I looked. I like natural/neutral makeup and Lynda did the perfect job of making it look natural, yet glamorous and elegant all at the same time. I had my hair/makeup on for almost 10 hours and still looked fresh at the end of the day. I looked transformed yet just like myself.
    I highly recommend Lynda for your special day! She is sweet, talented, professional, and very intuitive when it comes to your own unique style. :) 5 gold stars!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Pretti I, you are so sweet to write this wonderful review for me! Thank you so much! I'm so pleased you were happy and felt beautiful on your wedding day!
    Your Indian wedding was such an amazing day for me to spend with you and your beautiful family. Your Moms Chai tea was sooo delish! Tell her thank you for making me feel like part of your family for that day. I'm so grateful to have had you as one of my most unforgettable brides! Much love! X

Tasha · Married on 04/04/2014

I can't say enough good things about Lynda and Kim!
    It was such a pleasure to have them involved in our special day!
    Lynda and Kim were able to give me and my bridesmaids the exact hair and make-up that we wanted.
    They both were able to make us all feel comfortable and beautiful! Everybody's hair and make-up were flawless,
    They were both pleasant (at 6:00AM) and easy to work with!
    I couldn't have asked for more!
    Thank you so much again for making me feel beautiful on my special day!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Tasha, thank you so much. You truly looked so beautiful! We loved being part of the pre party pampering! Very best to you and yours. Xo
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 11/09/2013

Lynda of Formal Hair and Makeup Design was great to work with. She and Kim came to my hotel room the morning of the wedding and did the hair and makeup for me and my 3 bridesmaids. She is very easy to work with, really listening to what you are looking for and offering suggestions that will work for you. They helped to take my mind off the nerves as I was getting ready, which was no easy feat! When we were all done, they had made us look so pretty. I really felt like a bride. Thanks Lynda!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Taylor,

I am so happy for you. Great to hear you felt beautiful and calm. You looked stunning! It was such a pleasure to have worked with you!
    All my best!
    xo

Lynda is amazing and I highly recommend her! I was married on Block Island and Lynda provided hair and makeup services for myself, my mother as well as bridesmaids and flower girls. I got ready with all the girls- 15 of us in all. Lynda came over on the first ferry and immediately did my hair and makeup as well as my mother's. She then made herself available to anyone else. She gave each bridesmaid and flower girl a little individual attention. Some wanted a blow out, some an updo, some make-up or maybe just a little advice on the right shade of lipstick. The house was buzzing with activity, music, eating and laughter. Lynda never got flustered with all the requests and activities and and she felt like part of the group.
    Lynda is professional, calm, talented, confident and reassuring- just the person you want to work with on your wedding day.
    I did a trial prior to the wedding which I highly recommend. On the trial day, Lynda did just what I asked but I realized later that the style I chose wasn't me. On the wedding day, she changed the style and it fit me perfectly. She listened to each person and did just what she asked so that each woman felt comfortable, looked beautiful and looked like herself.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Corie · Married on 10/12/2013

Lynda did such an amazing job on all our hair for the wedding. She nailed what every single person wanted and the hair LASTED! Even with those crazy Block Island winds! The flowers in my hair didn't even move! Seeing the pictures of us all together, I think it's the hair that really creates the entire look.

Lynda was such a delight to be around especially during all of the pre-wedding madness. She really calmed me and made me feel so much better about the day. I know I was in the best hands possible with her.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Alycia · Married on 10/05/2013

Lynda was amazing!!! I just got married yesterday and she made me stress free, look beautiful, and made me laugh while getting ready with the girls at my mothers house. she is so talented with both hair and makeup I'd recommend to any bride that wants to look perfect!! Thanks for making my day special love you!!! mrs. O !!!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Laura · Married on 08/23/2013

Lynda is an amazing artist and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. Her and her team made my entire bridal party feel so comfortable getting ready for the big day. My hair and make up were gorgeous and I strongly recommend Lynda and her team to anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2013

Lynda was fantastic! I felt so comfortable with her, and it was such a relief to have someone who could make me feel so beautiful and still ask for more feedback! She was accommodating in every sense of the way and was able to handle a large wedding party! I would definitely recommend her to any bride wanting to look their best on the big day!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Lynda was exceptional the day of my daughter's wedding on July 20, 2013 in Newport, RI. My daughter had gone for a trial session with Lynda and once the hairstyle was decided, Lynda took many pictures so that she would do the exact same style the day of the wedding...and she did! It was absolutely beautiful and held the entire day including the evening cruise in Newport Harbor.

Seven people were scheduled to have hair completed by 10:00 AM. To get everyone completed on-time, Lynda brought another hairdresser, which she had told us about. She brought a hairdresser as talented as she. The hairstyles for the wedding party came out stunning and again they held all day long! We added an additional person the morning of the wedding and Lynda had no problem with that as long as time allowed. We had extra time because Lynda and her assistant were professional and kept the morning moving. I would definitely recommend Lynda!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Lynda was fantastic! I had several ideas for my hair and she pulled it together wonderfully. I had zero ideas for my makeup and she came in and did an unbelievable job. My hair and makeup were elegant all day long! I am so glad to have met and worked with Lynda. It was a great start to my perfect day!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Michelle · Married on 07/04/2013

Lynda and her assistant of Formal Hair Design provided hair services to myself, my entire bridal party and the Mom's. She is punctual, reasonably priced and mobile. The fact that she provided service on site the day of the wedding was crucial for me. Lynda has a very calm presence about her and an easy going personality. With all of the stresses and events leading up to the wedding, I found this to be so refreshing and much needed as we prepared for the big day. I was very pleased with how beautiful everyone looked that day and enjoyed the entire design process with Lynda, start to finish.

Sent on 08/06/2013