LUXE Reviews

81 | Lancaster, PA

81 Reviews for LUXE

Beth · event on: 05/18/2018

Luxe Salon is so beautiful. The staff is very friendly & willing to explain things & answer any questions. I definitely will be referring people to Luxe.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Allison · Married on 06/12/2019

3.8
      3.5

I think they are a great salon just make sure you keep track of your services because I have been overcharged twice. The experience is awesome tho!

Sent on 08/23/2016
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/29/2019

2.4

Terrible Bridal Coordination

I had booked Luxe about 1.5 years prior to my wedding due to one of their lead artists that I loved the way she did hair. I had started off with Lindsay as the bridal coordinator. Over that time they switched to Lorena. She was absolutely terrible to work with. She wouldn’t respond to emails in a timely fashion ( I would wait about 2 weeks for any response) then when she actually did respond, she would never actually answer the questions that I would ask. It was one of the most stressful things about my wedding. I ended up canceling my contract since she never sent me my final payment about 2 months before the wedding and went directly through my artist. Save yourself the added stress and headache.

Sent on 07/25/2019

1.6
      2.5
      2.5
      1.5
      1.0

I was limited in further exploring options for salons because I live out of town. I purchased the busy bride package for $350.00, but was charged $399 even though I removed the spray tan option from the package. I was charged for an "upgrade" to airbrush makeup even though the package says "any" makeup. I decided to have my nails done on Friday instead of the wedding day. Good idea because it took 1.5hrs for a manicure! Mine should have taken a few extra minutes to remove the shellac but for my girlfriend who had no polish on it took the same amount of time. I wasn't allowed to get the pedicure afterwards because it would put the salon behind its schedule for the rest of the day. I understand staying on schedule but I did not create the delay and it's for my wedding! I then did my scheduled trial makeup because the individual supposedly had another client immediately after me, only for me to see him leave for the day while I wait for the salon to figure out how I'm going to get my pedicure completed prior to the wedding. I had added a facial prior to the start of the mani/pedi session and by the time I was leaving the salon to go to the rehearsal I was told that everything was fine and that the girl would finish my pedicure while I got my hair/makeup done tomorrow. I left assuming the facial was complementary due to the salons inability to perform the required services. I would also like to note when I started this process the salon gave me a jr stylist who was not very experienced and I had to request someone more sr to do my hair. I would expect you to put your best people in charge of a once in a lifetime day. My bridesmaid was charged Saturday for 2xs the cost of a facial and I had to deal with that even though my card is on the account. Aia(great and professional...did not rush with mngmt pressure), Lionel, and Amanda saved me from an otherwise terrible experience. If you use them request the people above and double check on prices!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Nikki · Married on 04/29/2016

0.5

I am absolutely mortified at the service we
    received from Luxe Lititz for my bridal party manicure/pedicures. I had 10 girls come in and they were very strict with arriving 30 min before the appt and having the specific girls arrive at certain times. (We started about 20 minutes after the scheduled time, so that’s 50 minutes of wasted time sitting there) They got the whole schedule mixed up and gave me attitude when we told them that and had text messages to prove which times certain girls were supposed to go. They even told me certain girls were scheduled for services that we never scheduled them for (had emails to prove it). I have to note that the girls who actually worked on our nails were wonderful and it was management who was super rude and condescending. Unfortunately each girl paid ~$100 and while we left the salon with our nails dried (hours later) 7/10 Of the girls had chipped nails within 45 minutes of leaving the salon. Now we will all redo our own nails on my wedding day after searching for matching polish colors. NOT WORTH IT. There are so many other places that are much cheaper, with more polite people and with quality products. Never coming back to luxe after this terrible experience (and I used them for many services prior). So disappointed.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Sean J. · Married on 09/01/2013

0.6
      0.5

I wanted to love Luxe, especially since they were on the recommended vendors' list from my venue and because of the high premium I paid, which reasonably led me to believe I would be investing in a quality service for my big day. Across the board, my experience with this salon was terrible. Between the multiple scheduling errors made; the condescending, judgmental, and short attitude I and the rest of my bridal party members were met with; and the truly shoddy quality of service we received (I had to continue re-fixing my hair at intervals through the night because it was so insecure and bumpy, and two of my bridesmaids were so unhappy with their hairstyles that they ended up taking out their 'dos entirely and redoing them themselves), it is impossible to identify anything positive about my experience there. It took the salon nearly two hours longer than they estimated it would for my bridal party to get our hair done, which made us an hour late to the venue, creating an extremely stressful start to the day which could have been entirely preventable if the salon had thought out our numbers and needs as I asked them to. (I even said, when scheduling my appointment, that I didn't feel they were allocating enough time and promptly got brushed off.) I also believe that because the salon adds an automatic 20% gratuity to your bill, the stylists feel entitled to be rude and snooty toward their customers and to deliver a subpar product.

I could go on and on about the awful experience I had at Luxe, but the gist is that I was met with incompetence and rudeness at nearly every turn. It's a shame, because every other vendor I used for my wedding day was wonderful; I repeatedly tell people that if I could change anything about my wedding day, it would only be one thing: my decision to go with Luxe. I strongly advise against making a decision that will only add aggravation to your wedding day; find a different salon.

Sent on 10/05/2013