Luxe Event Productions Reviews

129 | Portland, OR

129 Reviews for Luxe Event Productions

Justin · Married on 08/27/2016

I can understand why some people may be resistant to hiring a planner for their wedding, but in our case, the service was truly invaluable! We felt they really contributed tremendously throughout the process and during the wedding. The more vendors and caterers - and general complexity - the more you need the services of event professionals.

Early on, Luxe helped us to stay focused to gather ideas, crafts, designs and plans for the wedding. They kept us on a series of deadlines to get all of our details prepared well in advance so there would be minimal stress.

As the date approached, I saw that they began to reach out to our vendors asking many proactive questions and putting our minds at ease that every piece of the jigsaw would fit into place perfectly. We used a four rental companies and two caterers (meal & cake) and so there were maybe 6 vendors in all - and while it may not sound like much, when the guests make last minute plans or you decide on last minute tweaks - it really helps to have the support and guidance of pros to make all the adjustments smoothly!

On the day of the wedding, they helped to orchestrate all the moving parts and managed things so that we could really enjoy ourselves. They took all of our decor and bits and turned it into something that, to us, looks like it could be a magazine cover. They translated our vision beautifully, and made it lovelier than we could ever dream.

Its hard to think about before the wedding, but all those vendors/caterers are working for you and looking to follow your lead... if you don't have anyone else to help with all the details, it would be easy to find yourself managing your wedding more than enjoying the fleeting beauty of the day and the company of your new in-laws. I wanted nothing more than to be swept up in emotions of love and family - Luxe helped things to go so smoothly, they allowed me to really enjoy the day for myself.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Roya · Married on 08/20/2016

The Luxe team was incredible to work with during the entire wedding process - from the planning sessions to the day of coordination and decorating to packing up at the end of the night. I received so many compliments about the wedding, the decor, and the scheduling of the day and that is all thanks to the Luxe team! I am so happy to have had Luxe be a part of our big day - the wedding wouldn't have been has wonderful and stress-free without the help, support, and hard work from Lauren, Brooke, and Jen!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Anna · Married on 08/13/2016

I have absolutely no clue how we could have had our wedding without the help of Luxe. Luxe went above and beyond what I could have ever expected from our “Day of Enhanced” package. Luxe was there all along the way for our long 2 year engagement. They were there to help us choose vendors, answer all my crazy questions, and in the end help put all our moving pieces together on our wedding day. With a large 275 person Vietnamese/multicultural wedding, I wanted to make sure we had a good coordinator that could help everything flow without feeling like we were herding cattle. Needless to say, our wedding felt flawless and they were able to direct everyone everywhere they were supposed to be smoothly in an efficient manner.
    Lauren was not only attentive to all my requests and vision but was instrumental in making recommendations that would work for us. She helped me stay within my budget (actually under budget!) and highlighted what would be necessary and what would be excess. Not only were the Luxe team efficient on our wedding day, they were so much fun and felt like they were friends rather than vendors. My sisters kept on saying how much fun Lauren and Julia were and how they wish they could stay and party with us! They even won the hearts of my parents and family who couldn’t stop raving about how good Luxe was.
    All in all, I would recommend Luxe 100% to anyone planning a wedding. You will save so much sweat and tears in working with Luxe. They truly made our whole planning process and wedding day so much fun!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Huong · Married on 07/30/2016

Lauren and her team at Luxe planned a super successful wedding for us. They made this very overwhelming event fun and manageable over our year of planning. I noticed that while all my other friends that were getting married were very stressed without a wedding planner, I felt calm and confident that everything was being handled thanks to Lauren.

Our bi-montly phone meetings with Lauren super helpful in making sure everything on our to-do list were getting checked off. Lauren is very efficient, organized and understanding. Lauren always made me feel like I am her top priority bride, even though she has many other clients. She is also flexible and willing to work with my confusing schedule for meetings and phone appointments.

The day of wedding was obviously all taken care of by Lauren and her team. While we were getting ready Lauren handled all of the decorations, details, logistics and delivery that comes with coordinating the wedding day. On top of that she also handled our guests, making sure everything was where they needed to be. I don’t think I would have enjoyed being a bride if it was not for Lauren. Our guests were so impressed by the work Lauren and her team did. Everyone had a great time. Lauren was directive but not authoritative, allowing us to see our guests and enjoy our moments while keeping with the timeline and getting everything done proficiently.

Overall, we have recommended all of our friends and family who are thinking about getting married to at least get a wedding planner the day of. Luxe fit our personality, budget and vision for our special and they made it seem easy. Everyone was very professional, communicative and creative. Once #aluexbride and #aluxegroom always #aluxebride #aluxegroom

Sent on 08/11/2016

Brittany · Married on 07/30/2016

I would say that it is so worth the money! Having Luxe help me every step of the way was so helpful and truly kept me sane. I don't know what I would have done without them, they really made my dream wedding a reality and it was so nice to have them there to put everything together and help me with my vision. Being able to have my family by my side and not scrambling to set things up was such a blessing. They are the BEST - I highly recommend Luxe to any bride looking for assistance!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Sara · Married on 07/16/2016

We used Luxe for our outdoor wedding for around 200 guests last summer in Portland. The Luxe team (primarily Brooke and Lauren) were amazing and helped us pull off our dream wedding. We had a site that we had to build from scratch in a beautiful garden location. When I say from scratch, I mean: build outdoor catering kitchen, provide power, lighting, tenting for the event and for all service providers, build bars, create pretty ceremony, cocktail and reception areas, in addition to all of the normal wedding decor issues of an altar, lounge seating, dinner setting, etc. The location we chose is seriously the most beautiful location in Portland, but it is a LOT of work to create an event for 200 people out of literally a gorgeous garden, a grounding rod and some very minimal outdoor lighting. Honestly, I don't know if I would have chosen the location had I know how much additional work and expense it would translate into. But it was seriously the most gorgeous event--everyone was in awe of what a beautiful night it was. I am eternally grateful to have had Brooke and the Luxe team to guide the project. There were definitely bumps in the road in dealing with such a huge build out, but Brooke and the team were committed, responsive and passionate about bringing our vision to life. Our wedding was everything I had imagined and more--and it would have been a bunch of people wandering aimlessly on some grass without the hard work and commitment to detail of the Luxe team. I didn't worry about a thing on the day of our wedding and was able to enjoy myself. Brooke nailed it down to every last detail. Brooke pulled something like an 18-hour day on the day of the wedding to supervise installation and most of the wedding/reception itself. If you are on the fence about hiring wedding planners, do NOT underestimate the epic undertaking planning an event like a wedding actually is and just hire Luxe. XO to Luxe!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Nikki · Married on 07/10/2016

They are the best of the best. My day went so smooth and perfect I couldn't ask for a better wedding planning company. It is worth every penny.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Chelsea · Married on 06/18/2016

Brooke, Lauren, and the entire Luxe team did an amazing job on our wedding! We went with one of the day of packages, but we still got a lot of great help with planning leading up to the big day. The monthly check-in phone calls and tons of emailing really helped us stay focused and not lose any small details in the process. It was awesome knowing that we had such great help if we ever felt completely lost. The weather didn't cooperate on the day of the wedding, but Brooke and her team really saved the day and everything went perfect anyway! It really helped keep us relaxed with them there running the show and coordinating everything. I don't know how we would've pulled it off without them!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Mary · Married on 05/21/2016

Luxe Event Productions could not have been more of a dream come true. We hired them first thing after getting engaged, and they were phenomenal from start to finish. We worked with Brooke and Lauren specifically, and their knowledge of the area, and of vendors to work with, was a huge help to us in making decisions. Our wedding day surpassed all expectations - Brooke is a marvel of organization and creative intuition, and the whole day went off without a hitch. If you're looking for a wedding planner in Portland, and specifically if you're from out of town, look no further than Luxe Events!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Our wedding was absolutely perfect! The quality of service and professionalism we received from Brooke and Lauren was second to none. They made it their personal goal to make our day special, and it was indeed a very special! We highly recommend these guys for all of the five star reasons above. Thank you Brooke and Lauren! XOXO - Joe and Sara

Sent on 06/01/2016

Nicole · Married on 03/26/2016

We can't say enough positive things about Luxe Event Productions - their staff is professional, knowledgeable, has a great eye for design, and is incredibly friendly! We had a vision for what our big day would look like, and the Luxe team helped us pull off an event that was even BETTER than we could have imagined! Lauren did a killer job helping us plan everything from big picture ideas to the smallest details; she’s honestly the best.

If we could give Luxe a higher rating than 5 stars, we would. (Aside from deciding to get married, duh) the decision to use Luxe Event Productions was the best decision we've made throughout this process!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Rachel · Married on 01/30/2016

Brooke, Lauren, and the rest of the team at Luxe helped make our wedding a success. We picked their "Enhanced Day-Of Package" which provided us with several in-person planning meetings, extensive phone/email communication, wedding set-up, and full day support on our wedding day. They were personable and professional right from the start, taking our wants into consideration, while providing their expert opinions and advice when we were unsure about a decision.

I can't stress how wonderful it was to have Team Luxe on board for our wedding day. They took the work out of the day for our family, allowing everyone to enjoy the wedding. They coordinated with all of our vendors to ensure things were set up properly and did all of the decorating around the venue, making it look beautiful. Brooke checked in with us throughout the entire wedding day, providing updates on our timing and schedule, and making sure we were okay with how the day was going. She was extremely organized and calm, and our ceremony and reception went very smoothly.

After the wedding Brooke even sent us some videos and photos from the day to tide us by until we got our professional ones back. It was a very nice touch.

I would highly recommend Luxe to anyone getting married. They helped make our wedding day a very memorable one and we couldn't have done it without them!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Spencer · Married on 10/03/2015

We hired Luxe Event Productions as our full service wedding planner shortly after getting engaged. It was hands down the BEST DECISION WE MADE in our year long engagement leading up to getting married! Misty and her team (Anna, Brooke, Lauren, Alex, and Alexia)) deserve more thanks than we could ever give them! Luxe is the the best in Portland. They have wedding planning down to a science and you will be blown away at the finished product. They work with only the best vendors, they will make sure your wedding is unlike any other and most importantly they truly care about you as people. We never knew that we weren't their only client. They take time to get to know you, engage in your life outside of wedding planning and make sure that all your dreams regarding your wedding come to life. What makes Luxe work is their team of dedicated individuals who all bring unique talents to the table, run by Misty who pulls all those talents together to produce an amazing outcome. Planning a wedding is stressful and Misty was there to be our sounding board every step of the way. We are not easy to please and at times we didn't give Misty lots to go off of, but she knocked our wedding into the next dimension of amazing. I have tears coming to my eyes as I type this thinking back on the day we walked into our venue and how perfect EVERY SINGLE thing looked. Luxe Event Productions was worth every penny we spent. One of the things David and I have talked about since wedding day is how much we were able to enjoy or day and not have to worry about anything. We had a huge vendor list and lots of moving parts that needed to come together. We walked in on the day of and from beginning to end we didn't have to worry about a single thing. And our family and guests didn't have to worry about anything either. We lived in the moment and Luxe was in the background ensuring our every need was catered to. A billion THANK YOUS to you and your team Misty. XOXO, Spencer & David

Sent on 10/22/2015

Kasey · Married on 09/05/2015

Brooke and the Luxe Team did an amazing job, especially during day-of coordination. The morning of our outdoor wedding, it was pouring rain, and her team worked up until the last minute drying tables and making last minute adjustments. Fantastic job! Love love love Luxe and the vendors they partner with.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Sheena · Married on 08/29/2015

Brooke, Lauren, and there team did a fantastic job for our big day!!!! Not only were they very helpful throughout the process - but they were so responsive and great the week before our wedding! With our wedding being at the end of the summer - we didn't have any fear of rain... until the week of when the projection of rain was 100%!!! Luxe and the team were on it and we didn't have to worry it at all! Also on the day of they were genuinely so happy for us and made everything seem so seamless - it made for such a great day! our day was perfect with them there!!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2015

Misty immediately set a positive tone with me that gave me comfort that our wedding would be Sean and my vision. She first listened, a lot, and then went to work, pointing me towards professionals she trusted would help make my vision a reality. They were on my team. I will never forget an impromptu meeting of Seppi (Powers studio), John Ross (musician) and Misty at her Committed event. They hugged each other as dear dear friends. I worked with them because of their amazing work and the respect they each expressed for each other. It was so much fun to work with visionaries who are creative, liked each other and were inspired by working at a private location that was not used for weddings.

Misty also protected my vision and saw it all the way through. At a moment when I almost lost faith, she helped me recommit to my 'out of the box' idea. And I'M SO HAPPY SHE DID!

From negotiating savvy vendor contracts to answering 'mom emails' to picking napkin colors to bustling my train - she stood with me through it all. I respect her as a strong female business owner and a bad ass friend.

It will warm your heart when your guests rave with hands up, "that was the best wedding I've ever been to."

Thank you Ladies of Luxe and Misty.

Love, Rachel & Sean

Sent on 08/05/2015

Mari · Married on 08/01/2015

I will never go with another event planner. I hired Luxe for my wedding. The only thing I regret is not having them as a full service wedding planner! We went with their middle option and it was still amazing. Anna was our main planner and Misty (the owner) was always in the loop with every decision! They are amazing. For how much stress is caused planning a wedding they are always calm and collected. The luxe team is very creative and will help with design and any other things you need!

Anna & Misty and the whole luxe team emailed/phone as many times as I wanted. I had meetings with them throughout the planning process. They handled the vendors/rentals for me (which is easier and they help with a discount!).

The day of the wedding. I was so calm and I had no worry because of the luxe team. They handled everything and it was the most amazing day I could have ever imagined. I never felt stressed at all throughout the day. I never even knew if something was going wrong. Anna is the most amazing person ever. She constantly was making sure everything was being done correctly and if I was doing okay.

Luxe Event Productions is the best wedding planning business in PDX. Do not go with any other. I was skeptical if I really needed a wedding planner and I will recommend them to any one and everyone.

Sent on 08/15/2015

Karen · Married on 07/18/2015

I regret only one thing from my wedding: not booking Luxe right after the engagement. The spent a lot of the first few months of wedding planning booking vendors, making decor, and pinteresting. While this was all helpful in going into my first meeting (one year after engagement and 8 months before the wedding) with Luxe, I could have saved so much time and energy had I just booked them to begin with! The level of support and love this team gives to their brides is astounding. I always felt such a sense of relief that they were the ones executing the vision I had for my wedding. We hadn't booked a couple vendors yet, and they gave the best recommendations. They were also there to be a thought partner, offer suggestions for decor that worked within your theme/vision, and challenge what you thought was impossible. They prove they can literally do everything. Leading up to the day, I knew I could rely on them to ensure all vendors were prepared and ready with all the information they could need. On the day of, I was super calm and could enjoy every minute. I arrived for pictures at the venue in the midst of set-up, and it was incredible to see how their team worked in perfect unison.
    During the wedding, my coordinator was not only managing every detail, but checked in on me regularly, brought me drinks, and obviously had everything under control. At the end of the night, they packed everything for vendors to pick up, and helped the mother of the groom pack things in her car.
    I cannot tell you how much of a lifesaver Luxe was before and during the wedding. I recommend them to every bride- and suggest you have them emcee (no need for a DJ!), pack up and be the last ones on site, and have at least 3 meetings with them. Before I got them, I thought I didn't need a coordinator. I realized, I'm paying all this money for a wedding- I might as well enjoy it instead of try to execute it myself. Thank the heavens I found Luxe!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Christian · Married on 06/27/2015

After talking to the women at Luxe, we decided to go with them. This qualified as the best decision of our wedding. These people were on it from day one till the wedding ended (and actually a few days after, helping us wrap up things we needed to do with vendors).

There were some very different demands on Brooke (with whom we worked with closely); we wanted everyone to feel welcome, but we also wanted it to be elegant and tasteful, and oh yeah, can we make sure it captures the iconoclastic and slightly subversive feel of living in Portland? Seriously, each one of those things are hard to pull off, let alone all at once. But they did it. Even while freaking the hell out that I was ACTUALLY getting married that day, I was able to take a moment and realize that Luxe had really made this day incredibly special.

Finally, extra points for being able to talk us through what we needed to do in a way that didn't make us panic. They laid out everything in an easy to understand timeline, but focused on the next step and talking us through our options for each one instead of basically saying "here's a bunch of stuff that you've never done before, quick make all these decisions."

Again, these women are amazing, and our trust in them was well placed. You should trust them with your event too.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Michael · Married on 06/06/2015

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC. The Luxe team has one goal: to make sure you actually enjoy your wedding.

Misty, Anna, and Brooke worked with us over the span of our engagement to help us with ideas, get us hooked up with the right photographer, and answered every little detail question we had. They understood who we were as people which made working with them a joy.

On the day of our wedding the team worked diligently in the background , kept our high-strung moms away from the decorations, and just let us be in the moment. Because they were always on top of what was coming next, we got to feel truly present at our wedding.

Everyone kept telling us that your own wedding is a whirlwind. That it goes by in a blink, so fast that we wouldn't even remember we got married. It's been weeks since our big day, and my wife and I remember everything. And that's largely in part of the Luxe team.

Whenever you tell someone that you have a wedding planner or coordinator, you're often met with that crook-eye followed by a, "Fancyyy!" as though having someone whose planned hundreds of weddings is an extravagance instead of what it actually is—smart.

The Luxe team wasn't overly lavish or extravagant. They just made sure the only thing my wife and I worried about was how long we should kiss at the alter.

Thanks for everything. You guys were awesome.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Teresa · Married on 06/06/2015

Team Luxe was absolutely amazing! From our first meeting to post wedding, they were always there, fully prepared with ideas, helped us create our vision and dream wedding, and genuinely cared about us as their clients. Anytime we had questions, they were availalbe through email, phone, text, or in person meetings when we wanted to meet to discuss details, large and small. As we went through the planning process, they were able to recommend great vendors for us to use who we also loved working with (Portland Hair & Makeup, Team Casino, and Sniff just to name a few). A little perk for the bride, they have fantastic wedding shows and planning events, you have to check them out; make a fun girls night out with cocktails and plenty of great ideas and inspirations!

All this and more, but at the end of the day, my husband and I wanted to work with a team that would make our day perfect, and we did not want our wedding party or families to have to do any work and just enjoy our day together and Team Luxe made that happen. We are very appreciative for their ideas, professionalism, seamless coordination, and to make all the 'uh oh's' or 'oops, we forgot' disappear. Bottom line, go with Team Luxe, you won't forget it - we love them!

Sent on 02/01/2016

I used the Luxe team for the Enhanced Coordination package and was very pleased with my experience with them. I worked with Brooke, Misty, and Anna but my primary contact was Brooke. They helped with anything from the design aspect, making beautiful custom signage, or helping me get through tough situations with other vendors. They have great taste and totally "got" my vision for my big day and I can honestly say that my wedding was one of the most visually beautiful weddings I've been to. Luxe completely transformed my venue into a golden glam wonderland and I can't imagine the day without Brooke and the rest of the team. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Being a Luxe Bride (#aluxebride) made me feel like I was a celebrity! I worked with Anna and Brooke and an entire team on my day and it was smooth sailing the entire planning process because I had them in my corner. HANDS DOWN, THE VERY BEST DECISION WE MADE DURING OUR WEDDING PLANNING! I would recommend them to anyone and I met with 3 of their competitors before hiring Luxe as my wedding planners and no one was as personable as the team at Luxe was. I felt like we were their only client every time we met. Thanks to Luxe I feel like we truly had our dream wedding! From the graphics they designed to all their styling decor we rented from them, every little detail was taken care of and I nor my family had to do anything except enjoy our day. Best part was that the entire day felt stress free and relaxed -exactly what my husband and I wanted. Thanks Luxe!!!! We love you!!!

-Your biggest fans! J&M

Sent on 01/07/2015

Kasey S. · Married on 11/15/2014

I could dish forever about how amazing Luxe is and how absolutely instrumental they were throughout our entire wedding experience! From day one, when we met with Misty, I knew everything would be taken care of. She had so many great ideas and suggestions; things I never would have thought of! They had invaluable suggestions on how to get the most for our money - making sure we were never over spending on things we didn't have to. I worked with Anna a lot and I just can't say enough about her. She listened to all my ideas - never missed a beat - and implemented the vision of my wedding day to a T, and then some! Everything looked GORGEOUS! We had so many compliments all night on how awesome the space looked.

Anna totally kept me calm the days leading up and on the day of. I never had to worry about anything! I was able to get myself and my bridesmaids ready without ever worrying about any kind of set up or pre-wedding issues. I knew everything was being taken care of with thoughtfulness and precision. All of the staff were always a phone call, visit, or email away! I honestly don't know what I would have done without Anna, Misty, and the entire Luxe team!

They are absolutely priceless! The best money we spent, hands down!!

Thanks, ladies! You made our wedding day the best EVER!!!!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Other than choosing the right person to marry, hiring Luxe was THE best decision we made in planning our wedding. Seriously, I would give them more than 5 stars in every area if the website would let me! We hired them for their full wedding coordinating services shortly after we were engaged. They helped us find our venue as well as most of our vendors. I feel like we more than received our money's worth. Misty, Anna, and Brooke were the primary team members with whom we worked. In every instance, they were professional in their interactions, quick to respond, had fantastic recommendations for both vendors and decor, and always followed through on what they said they were going to do. They were flexible in meeting with us, and although we met in person relatively frequently, we communicated via email at least once (usually more) per day for the last several months of our engagement. I am type A and planning my wedding definitely brought this part of my personality to the forefront, yet never did they downplay my attention to detail or concerns. They managed to do all of this without ever seeming annoyed with me, which was impressive in itself. They made it a joy to plan our wedding. When the big day came, it was absolutely perfect. All the decor was set up exactly as we had planned and discussed. Anna and her team had a calming presence on me and my family. In fact, I had several buttons come off my dress as soon as I put it on, and the Luxe team went above and beyond to both sew and glue them back into place.

On top of all that, Brooke designed our invitations and all our day-of wedding stationary (programs, table numbers, etc). She did a great job on each of those items and was a pleasure to work with as well. We received a ton of compliments on the stationary and the price for both the design fee and to print them was less than we would've paid anywhere else.

I would not hesitate to recommend Luxe to anyone. Trust me, you will be so glad you hired them!

Sent on 11/12/2014