Luxe Bridal Rack Reviews

34 | Chicago, IL

34 Reviews for Luxe Bridal Rack

ernesta · Married on 07/15/2018

i am glad i visited this place because its the only place that had what i was looking for. prices are good two and the staff ir very friendly. thank you

Sent on 02/20/2018

Molly · Married on 03/24/2018

Great selection of dresses- some super trendy and others more traditional. I was on a mission to find my dress and Maria made Luxe the only place I had to go! Her connection with a reputable alterations place makes the process of getting the perfect fit a breeze!

Sent on 12/09/2017
  • Carley

Carley Gordon · Getting married on 05/22/2021

First Dress is the Charm! (And so is Luxe Bridal Rack)

Working with Maria was PERFECT! She listened to exactly what I wanted and based off the inspiration pictures I had she was able to find me the perfect dress. I honestly thought I was just going in to try on some dresses and get a feel for what I like...but I ended up saying yes to the dress! And it was the first one she pulled for me! I am in love with my dress and Luxe Bridal Rack. Thank you for helping make this process easy, fun, and how I always imagined!

Sent on 01/28/2020
  • AJL16

Amelia Huston · Married on 11/16/2019

Great store!

My engagement is less than 6 months so I needed to get a dress from somewhere off the rack. Luxe had an amazing shopping experience, their store is beautiful, and my sales gal was awesome and made me feel so comfortable. She truly listened to what I wanted and found it! I am from a few hours away so getting there can be difficult but they have been flexible with my fitting appointments. Only bad thing for me was when I was having a fitting done one of the other sales girls had some odd comments and rude facial expressions about the changes I am having done to my dress which I didn't appreciate. Other than her I had a great experience at Luxe and would recommend!!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Jaquelene · Married on 12/08/2018

Hidden gem!

If you don't know where to start, this place is it! Starting off the wedding dress shopping experience can be very overwhelming with so many options, styles, prices ranges, etc. and if you don't know what your are looking for it can be that much harder. That was my case...I was completely going in blind with no research and was really looking for someone to assist me in the process. That is exactly what Maria and her team did. From the second I stepped in, everyone was so welcoming and helpful. They literally let me try on more dresses than I should have ever even been allowed to. At some stores they will limit you, but here this is not the case. They will of course make recommendations, but will never tell you no. Being super indecisive made it harder for me to make my decision, but Maria and her team helped consult me on all variables of each dress. They also have such great eye for design so if you want their honest opinion on what looks best, they will be honest, which you can't get at most bridal boutiques. Their patience, honesty, and support throughout the process is something hard to find these days, so if you are looking for an all around great bridal boutique, this is your place!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Brooke · Married on 10/06/2018

I had such a great experience working with Maria to say yes to the dress!! Coming from a not so wonderful first experience trying on dresses at another shop I can honestly say that I was anxious to try again. However Maria made it a positive exciting experience again. She listened to what I thought I wanted and gave her advice as well in a non-pushy manner which made me feel very comfortable. I would recommend anyone come looking for a one of kind experience and dress to come look for dresses at Luxe Bridal rack.

Sent on 10/16/2017
  • Laura-Caroline

Laura-Caroline · Married on 10/20/2018

3.5

I loved my experience here and after shopping for months at 6 other stores, this is where I found my dress. The sales staff were so knowledgeable and helpful without being at all pushy. They were extremely patient and made my experience a really comfortable, beautiful one. I would highly suggest it!

Sent on 01/29/2018
  • Becky

Liner · Married on 04/25/2020

1.4

Horrible Treatment

I had a very negative experience at Luxe Bridal. I had a Sunday appointment and when my bridesmaids and I got to the store, we were tersely greeted – we were not given enough chairs to sit or offered water or beverages. The woman that was assigned to help me barely asked what I was looking for and did not offer any assistance in picking out dresses. She directed me to pick out my own dresses and let her know which ones I wanted to try on. While I was trying on dresses, the woman was pushy and unhelpful with the concerns I raised. I ended up falling in love with a dress that they told me was above my budget. However, they did not know what the exact price was. HOW does a store not know the price of a dress they are selling??? That evening, I took it upon myself to reach out to the designer on Instagram to find out the price of the dress. The next day, Luxe Bridal called and SCOLDED me for reaching out to the designer. I think the appropriate reaction would have been to apologize for not knowing the price of the dress to begin with. While I love the dress I found there, it is way out of my budget and I refuse to give this establishment my money. Beware!!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Giselle

Giselle · Married on 04/06/2019

1.4

Avoid - There are Other Great Options in Chicago

I have been struggling with whether to write this updated review of my experience here. This was the second place I visited, and I went with my maid of honor and one of my bridesmaids. I wasn't planning on purchasing a dress on the day I went because I wanted to wait to go with my mom, who lives out of town.

When I first got to LBR, I did not get a great vibe. Maria, the owner, started rattling off how they have a "unique concept in bridal" because of her awesome contacts, yadda yadda. Her and an associate sized up me, and told me I wouldn't fit in any of their off-the-rack samples they had for in-store purchase. Awesome feeling. So I would need to try on a sample and special order a gown. Fine. When I pointed out a few dresses I wanted to check out, I was told that I couldn't. Reasons given included that the dress was out of my budget, and/or it would never fit me. Again, thanks. I started to get the vibe that unless I was a street size 2 and willing to spend a fortune on a dress, I would not be catered to here. I had also just come from a place (Weddings 826) that was cute and friendly, and gave us free champagne for our fitting, so I was also a little bummed at the juxtaposition at LBR.

They didn't have that much selection, but there was one dress I tried on that my friends that came with me really liked. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I felt like the LBR staff pounced and upon reflection, I feel like they tried to manufacture one of those "this is the dress!" moments to close the sale. Never mind that I said multiple times I wanted to go with my mom, and this was only the second place I had checked out. I also mentioned to my stylist that I wanted more definition and for the dress to provide a snug "tucked in" fit, and that the dress did not exactly fit with my ultimate vision. She said oh it won't be a problem to get that all done with alterations. Still with champagne goggles from the first shop I went to, I ended up just saying yes after being caught up with everyone saying I should just go for it. I feel like the staff should have slowed down at the point, and remind me that I didn't have to make any final decisions on that day. It is worth noting that this is what my attendant at Weddings 826 did.

I immediately felt like the dress wasn't right, and called the next day to try and set up an appointment. I spoke with Maria on the phone, and she didn't remember me (whatever). She kind of blew me off and said I could come in to look at the dress if I wanted to, but that all brides are "emotional" and that I should just chill. It felt like a lost cause at that point. The receipt said final sale and while I had hoped if I called the very next day I could stop the order, that was not in the cards.

Fast forward to me getting an email two days ago that my dress arrived. Well actually, the impersonal email said "Congratulations, your dress and/or accessory has arrived." I did not appreciate the impersonal nature of the email. Again, while I didn't spend $10k on a dress, I did still spend a large amount of money, and they at the very least could have sent a personalized email.

I was instructed that I needed to pick up the dress within two weeks. My mom is going to be in town in three weeks, so I was hoping the store could hold it until I could at least get my mom in with the tailor at the store to do the alterations. However, they told me they would not hold the dress an extra week. I at least consulted with their tailor, but just for standard alterations (raising the hem, adding a bustle) it would be $450. She was reluctant to quote any of the additional changes I wanted, and when I expressed how unhappy I was with the fit she just told me I should wear a corset. All of the changes that I was told would be "easy" to handle at the alteration stage were all of a sudden "too much". I basically had to hold back tears because my initial feeling back when I purchased the dress was right. And I had just spent so much money.

Overall, just really disappointing experience. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have a brand new, never worn dress I don't like and am out $$$. In my opinion, LBR was only interested in making a quick sale and getting me out of there. I would recommend skipping LBR. There are so many options in Chicago to find the perfect dress, why waste time somewhere that might pressure you into getting the wrong dress.

Sent on 11/06/2018